GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,041 comments
I didn't race at all last week. I've finished 2 Race Bs today, and 2 have been stuck on the loading screen for quite some time with no way to back out except for closing the game. I understand everyone's frustrations now.

I suppose I'll just treat it as a time trial and race everyone's qualifying times. Anyone can feel free to add me on PSN, rde1138.
I must admit I'm thinking of not racing this week. When a race starts within five minutes that's one thing and I can sit patiently for that but when, like last night, it hanged for 40 minutes and then just did not start and returned to the menu that is doubly frustrating.

I found yesterday that it was fine during the work hours but got worse in the evening. If you exit out you lose DR and SR so you don't really want to do that.

I may just focus on time trials and work to complete my platinum trophy until this is all running smoothly again.

I was P2 out of a field of... 2. "Captain Slowly" was P1, which is where he was in the full field. I was just happy not to get lapped.
I've had a few races with the Captain now. I would say that the "Slowly" part is a bit of a red-herring. He's seriously quick.

Last edited:
Haven’t had any races not start this week (done maybe 7-8 B and C). Still on PS4, Americas server.

Off the pace in C (in B/S lobbies), but had a few podiums at Laguna (where the racing has been pretty clean and close, unusually for that track!).

Since my "home" track of Watkins Glen is in the Daily Races I'll be there this week. I just went with the BMW M3 Endurance as that was on the top of the leader-boards. I found the M3 really easy to drive and I had no problems with it. I set a 1:45.5XX for now and look to improve that tomorrow.

I then did 3 of Race A as it's fun for me. I set a lazy qualifying time to be in the middle of the pack. I finish P2 in the first race, P10 in the second race after a visit with Barry R., and P3 in the final race. I doubt I'll do anymore this week, but I had to get a few in.
It’s the old M6 which was their GT3. Sorry to be that guy!

Love WG. Have to get there irl one day for IMSA or Nascar.

I can’t join a single race. Every time it just sits there loading, loading, loading. WTF??? Not only does single player mode suck, now online racing sucks. I think I’m going to be done with this game very soon.

I have no clue if leaving the race is having an impact on my driver rating or not. It really doesn’t matter considering sport mode is completely hosed now.

Edit: Just ran daily A BY MYSELF and managed to get 9th place? PD, just take the server down and fix the problem. This is stupid.

Edit 2: Awesome. Now my safety rating is downgraded to A from S and my driver rating is slipping toward C from B thanks to these dumb servers. I’m not coming back to this game until things get fixed.

Last edited:
For race B I got into the 26s. 1:26.884 to be precise.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231010214812.jpg

Annoyingly, I must have had a favorable session because the next session I was all over my lap record in the first sector to the point I was around .6s up (as my record ghost is 0.5s ahead and I'd left it behind me) only for me to mess up over and over again either in the last turn or entering the uphill before the Corkscrew. Here's an example chasing my new QT best down. I was so far ahead I was on pace for a 1:26.2 ish only to lose it later on track...

So my lap record has a slow sector 1 but somehow found magic and had an absolutely killer sectors 2 and 3 which I just have not been able to match since. If I could have pulled this all together I probably would be challenging Nebu of the lead by now. 🤷‍♂️ Also that is probably what separates the A+ drivers from us A charlatans like me. While I can pull off quick laps occasionally, they are like 1 in 8 with the others being wipeouts or time lost through inconsistent sectors. I'll get better...

I tried to enter a race but it glitched out. This glitch was new to me. Usually it hangs in the loading screen. This time it got stuck in the preparing screen.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231010211055.jpg

So it the matchmaking screen comes up. That then faded to black and non of the buttons work.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231010211129.jpg

That then fades to black even more.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231010211259.jpg

If you press the controller it would then go back to the matchmaking screen with the black background and repeat. In the end I had to close the game and restart. I checked my DR later and I was not affected, thankfully.

I would like to race as I have a good time now though my consistency is still questionable but I'm over waiting; too much time is lost in my day. I'm done racing for now but may try a race A from time to time as I can exit that if it gets stuck with no DR impact.

@TheNormsk add me on my 2nd account too 😛

I sent a request.

Last edited:
I was in a Race C waiting for the start. Twenty six minutes later the race loaded and we were off! I was watching the hockey game when I heard the chime and rushed into my seat, there were still four of us at the start and everyone raced.

Last edited:
Did 5 races yesterday, first 4 loaded directly, the other one took about 10 minutes. It feels as if it's getting better, but could be that I was just "lucky".
Regarding qualifying, I don't really understand why the conditions aren't always the same. I saw YTWind a few weeks ago just restarting his quali sessions till he got a "good" one. I have no idea what a "good" session is, I just do a few quali laps and start racing.

I have rarely been racing lately in the dailies but I have a thing for WG and that M6 flat rips for me there so hopefully I'll be able to load a few later (Wednesdays are my free night for GT7). Two laps yesterday just to feel it out and I set a 1:45.

For race B I got into the 26s. 1:26.884 to be precise.

View attachment 1294221

Annoyingly, I must have had a favorable session because the next session I was all over my lap record in the first sector to the point I was around .6s up (as my record ghost is 0.5s ahead and I'd left it behind me) only for me to mess up over and over again either in the last turn or entering the uphill before the Corkscrew. Here's an example chasing my new QT best down. I was so far ahead I was on pace for a 1:26.2 ish only to lose it later on track...

So my lap record has a slow sector 1 but somehow found magic and had an absolutely killer sectors 2 and 3 which I just have not been able to match since. If I could have pulled this all together I probably would be challenging Nebu of the lead by now. 🤷‍♂️ Also that is probably what separates the A+ drivers from us A charlatans like me. While I can pull off quick laps occasionally, they are like 1 in 8 with the others being wipeouts or time lost through inconsistent sectors. I'll get better...

I tried to enter a race but it glitched out. This glitch was new to me. Usually it hangs in the loading screen. This time it got stuck in the preparing screen.

View attachment 1294223
So it the matchmaking screen comes up. That then faded to black and non of the buttons work.

View attachment 1294224

That then fades to black even more.
View attachment 1294225

If you press the controller it would then go back to the matchmaking screen with the black background and repeat. In the end I had to close the game and restart. I checked my DR later and I was not affected, thank fully.

I would like to race as I have a good time now though my consistency is still questionable but I over waiting. I'm done racing for now but may try a race A from time to time as I can exit that if it gets stuck with no DR impact.

I sent a request.

You sure? It's BruceIlGustuz

It's an i (like igloo) and an l (like lobster) in the middle of the PSN 🤣

Attachments

• 18b1e5d0ab227-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b1e5d0ab227-screenshotUrl.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 12
I have terrible consistency at Laguna Seca... normally it's my trump card but here I'm all over the place.

Trying to push my Supra to the edge to get into the 1.26s. I've gone from semi-regular high 27s to going absolutely all over the shop after I slightly modified my cornering to a more high-risk all-out technique (basically, it's learning to release the brakes much quicker through the middle sector) which more often than not saw me flirting with the red sausages and/or the sand traps.

A 20-lap session yielded laps ranging from 1.27.2xx to 1.38 but frustratingly I couldn't hook up my best sectors for the shiny 1.26.4 optimum teasing me in black-and-green. My best lap still wasn't very clean

I must admit I'm thinking of not racing this week.
I'm the same, but more because I suck at the race so much.
I've had a few races with the Captain now. I would say that the "Slowly" part is a bit of a red-herring. He's seriously quick.
My memory could be faulty, but I seem to remember when he came on the scene, he wasn't nearly as good as he is now. I remember thinking he had a cool self-deprecating name. It was only over time that the name became misleading.

But of course I could be remembering this all wrong.

Oops. Wrong BruceyBruce. You have a doppelgänger.
Who is he? Where does he live and what is his mother's maiden name? I need to find this guy and sort him out! Nobody steals my dog's nickname and get's away with it! 😂

Update (little one)

@TheNormsk pls see attached. Over to you 😂

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 15.18.48 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 15.18.48 (1).jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 15.18.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 15.18.48.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
How is that even possible?
The other cars were frozen on the track stuck in the grid line up. You could drive right through them as if they were ghosted out. Same thing happened to me at Laguna Seca so I just messed around, spun out a bit finished the race and was dead last a lap behind the leader. What leader? There were no other cars moving on the track.

When I saw my driver and safety rating go down from that race I just quit. This game sucks right now. It would be good if PD reset the servers and restored everyone’s dr/sr rating to before this mess began.

The other cars were frozen on the track stuck in the grid line up. You could drive right through them as if they were ghosted out. Same thing happened to me at Laguna Seca so I just messed around, spun out a bit finished the race and was dead last a lap behind the leader. What leader? There were no other cars moving on the track.

When I saw my driver and safety rating go down from that race I just quit. This game sucks right now. It would be good if PD reset the servers and restored everyone’s dr/sr rating to before this mess began.
Is this the connection issue that's been around for a while? To everyone else you probably were glitching all over the place whilst they were racing normally.

18b1f24265c71-screenshotUrl.jpg

Not a huge surprise to anyone here but a first time for me getting this screen. Waited out on a black screen for the duration of the "race".

Also a first for me; lobby chat and options/pause menu remaining usable during the blackout.

Completely anecdotal evidence here, but I have a 100% success rate in avoiding disconnects after clearing temporary internet data in the settings menu.

I just discovered that the DR drops even if you don't quit the frozen game yourself. It did that reset thing where it says you finish 16th.

I was A and now I'm B

On the plus side that put me on pole at WG in the 650, I started on softs , pitted lap 6 and came out 2nd to a guy who eventually got a 1 minute penalty. I was extremely lucky as I spun on the spinny place out of turn 9 on the last lap - my 12 second lead was 0.45 at the finish line.

View attachment 1294290

Not a huge surprise to anyone here but a first time for me getting this screen. Waited out on a black screen for the duration of the "race".

Also a first for me; lobby chat and options/pause menu remaining usable during the blackout.

Completely anecdotal evidence here, but I have a 100% success rate in avoiding disconnects after clearing temporary internet data in the settings menu.
I had that one twice and it dropped my DR ☹️

Thought I'd do some daily races for a change. Entered 3 yesterday with one stuck on loading screen. Just entered my second one today (4:50pm Race B) and stuck in the loading screen again... Eight minutes later it goes through, briefly showing what looked like 4 or 5 hardly souls still entered, then to a blank screen. At least I was able to exit from there.

Skimming earlier messages this appears to be a common thing. How do the YouTubers handle this?

Thought I'd do some daily races for a change. Entered 3 yesterday with one stuck on loading screen. Just entered my second one today (4:50pm Race B) and stuck in the loading screen again... Eight minutes later it goes through, briefly showing what looked like 4 or 5 hardly souls still entered, then to a blank screen. At least I was able to exit from there.

Skimming earlier messages this appears to be a common thing. How do the YouTubers handle this?
They are largely playing Forza online and ACC

Why can't PD just invalidate laps like every other game.

It's archaic and frustrating to run wide get all the way to the start finish and serve a .5 penalty, thus ruining the next lap.

Sure, invalidate both laps if it's within a certain proximity to give a run up (Fuji, Laguna) but putting the penalty markers on the start finish straight just wastes everyone's time having to restart or do a lap for no reason.

Before the server issues I found it a minor annoyance having to do a scenic lap after a penalty but doing the TTs where you just get invalidated laps has made me really wonder what they want from this.

Meh it's PD and they work in mysterious ways.

Edit:

What I can't get my head around, and they finally acknowledged there was an issue is that they don't communicate.

I genuinely believe this isn't going to be fixed until the next update now.

What makes it more galling beyond the disrespect to wait a week before telling us what we all knew. Is 2 weeks in there is no update again. The sold this as a live service game.

But it's not, it's a game that gets DLC periodically. That is not live service or a justification for constant internet connection. Grrrr

Last edited:
Was off work sick again for a couple of days 😔 decided to jump into a few online races on Monday morning and see how things went after all the talk of server issues. Anyway, strangely race A always seemed to load perfectly. Completely different story for B and C. It's an absolute **** show...no other words to describe it. My ratio was near 4:1 i.e 4 times it didn't load against that precious 1. That was up until later lobbies last night at around 22:00-12-30am they were fine, good racing at the Glen. Last race at 1am and I was racing away when I came across the whole field parked up 🤣🤣🤣 error code appeared then. Anyway I have ACC downloaded again, I'm off 👍

I've done one Race C this week. One of my better combos for results but whats the point? With all the plethora of amazing video games out there its amazing I have even contemplated playing sport mode with my free time considering the state of it. Amazing a game this well known has been broken for two weeks. They clearly cannot fix it or dont want to?

I was going to practice for Nuburgring Manufacturers race on Saturday but I have only got one shot at a time slot due to family commitments, and there is practically no chance I wont get a frozen lobby, so there's not much point in trying...I'm not spending time practicing an 8min+ lap, only for the race not to start.

Last edited:
Back