GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,051 comments
I've done one Race C this week. One of my better combos for results but whats the point? With all the plethora of amazing video games out there its amazing I have even contemplated playing sport mode with my free time considering the state of it. Amazing a game this well known has been broken for two weeks. They clearly cannot fix it or dont want to?

I was going to practice for Nuburgring Manufacturers race on Saturday but I have only got one shot at a time slot due to family commitments, and there is practically no chance I wont get a frozen lobby, so there's not much point in trying...I'm not spending time practicing an 8min+ lap, only for the race not to start.
MFW when i've practiced over 20 laps for this saturday but due to your message only just realised my lobbies will probably be frozen...
:banghead:

I can't pull the screenshot off the PS app at the moment for some reason, but I succumbed to taking the Mazda 3 out for a session.

No wonder it's faster, even with BOP it's about 4-500 lbs lighter than other cars along with higher HP, although I'm not sure how much of that is peak versus power under the curve.

I managed a 1:26.720 after a few laps. Your move @TechnoIsLove @TheNormsk
I tried to set a quali time in the Mazda and couldn’t deal with the understeer! I’m faster in the 458 even tho’ in the race Mazda drivers gap me on the straight when I’m in their slipstream!

I did three race Bs today; the 2nd one didn’t start, other two were fine.

Also got that weird black screen fault when you’re in the car, it’s driving, and you can’t see anything (this was after game said I wasn’t online despite having a strong internet connection).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not strictly true. I'm retired, so I do, in fact, have time for that. :D

HOWEVER, it still sucks donkey baseballs. (I have no idea what that means, but I don't think it violates the TOS, so I'm going with it.)
I stand corrected, my apologies lol. I don't have the time to be sitting around waiting for a race to load. So, I played some Baldur's Gate 3 instead. Highly recommended if you want something to play, I'm having a great time with it.

Oh no! Anyway..
You forgot the meme.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

:D

Last edited:
Did not attempt to race after getting back from cycling but I did spend two hours driving around in circles trying to beat my QT for daily B. I saw the leader board had shifted significantly and I couldn't have that now! :D

I didn't think I was going to do it. The first 1-1/2 hours was a disaster. Whereas yesterday it was relatively easy for me to break into the high 1:26s, today I was struggling just to get into the mid 1:27s. I was blaming the track conditions lottery and changing sessions would occasionally help but others would not. Then I started to relax more. If you over drive this car it is actually slower. Driving in a way that feels slow is actually faster. It is counter intuitive but there you go.

Then in the last 1/2 hour I started to see the light. First it was breaking into the 26s, then it was teasing me with several laps with in 2-5 thousandths off my prior PB. Then a shaved a hundredth off for a new BP but still not enough. Then I got a couple laps in the 1.26.7s that were invalidated by pixel cutting of corners but I was getting closer.

Finally boom! 1:26.601! Jumped up four spots on my friends leader board and back into the top 1,000 globally. I'm chasing down @ILLEAGLE_34 - in fact I was chasing his ghost the entire session. You are my target! 🎯

Rank.jpg

Global.jpg

It was still a less than perfect lap. Mistakes were made but I think I am nearing the limit of my abilities now. I could possibly see getting into the 1:26.5s with another multi-hour session but no further. My optimal also suggests that.

Optimal.jpeg

I shared my lap to the showcase. Search for "gtp", "gtp41" or "normsk".

EDIT: On reflecting I was wondering if I a stupid putting in so much time trying to improve my QT when I'm not even racing. Then I thought, no. I'm considering this training. This constant practice is helping me further learn car control and the limits of racing and how to strategically drive each corner for overall performance. I need that experience and the know-how of how to race at that pace if I am to stand a change in DR A. So I think it is time well spent.

Last edited:
On reflecting I was wondering if I a stupid putting in so much time trying to improve my QT when I'm not even racing.
First, my serious answer: You're having fun competing with friends (as well as yourself) and improving your ability to play the game. So keep doing what allows you to have fun.

Now my non-serious answer: When you use the phrase "if I a stupid", I think you've answered the question for yourself. :lol:

Did race C last night and ran a low 45 in qualifying. Started 5th in an all C lobby with mostly high rated SR drivers. Ran well and after lap 2 I was first. I did NOT, however, notice the rules before I started. I blame my being out of dailies for a while... anyway, I don't know the name of the corner but on my way through the field (cleanly I may add) I was passing the leader and I dove in just a little braking but was well ahead into the corner and totally didn't blow my line. He turned into me as I exited and just touched me. I ended up with a one minute penalty and fell to last. I had fastest lap and actually crossed the line nearly 20 seconds ahead and if I had seen the rule about contact I would have been much more careful but in any other race it would have just been a racing incident. That driver quit right after the impact so I believe they felt at fault. Ugh. First win. Not. 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Did race C last night and ran a low 45 in qualifying. Started 5th in an all C lobby with mostly high rated SR drivers. Ran well and after lap 2 I was first. I did NOT, however, notice the rules before I started. I blame my being out of dailies for a while... anyway, I don't know the name of the corner but on my way through the field (cleanly I may add) I was passing the leader and I dove in just a little braking but was well ahead into the corner and totally didn't blow my line. He turned into me as I exited and just touched me. I ended up with a one minute penalty and fell to last. I had fastest lap and actually crossed the line nearly 20 seconds ahead and if I had seen the rule about contact I would have been much more careful but in any other race it would have just been a racing incident. That driver quit right after the impact so I believe they felt at fault. Ugh. First win. Not. 😂😂😂
A minute penaly would've been for not following the tyre rules, rather than contact. May explain why you were 20s at the finish.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed!!!
Same...been two weeks since I've bothered with GT7. Ran a couple qualifiers but was completely unmotivated to even throw effort at it given the state of things. This is where losing GTSport as a fall-back is gonna kinda suck. This will be neither the first or last time we deal with this, I am sure. Having an established family member as a stand-in when the shiny new thing needs rewritten is awfully convenient, after all.😁

That said, the fact that this is happening on Friday the 13th isn't super inspiring but, yeah, I'm sure things will be fine.:cheers:

OK here goes my rant/ kind-of-but-not-really excuse of why I cannot go faster.. I lose so much time around corners or under braking when it's like I am seated on the world's crappiest motion rig ever invented!!

This stupid, foldable POS Trust Gaming chair has been the worst investment possible. It as solid as a piece of fresh bacon and the wiggling steering and bending base plate take away so much from my lap times....

PS - YT video works, I just didn't bother with a thumbnail 🚽

I have tried everything from cable ties, cardboard inserts, attaching small plates to weak points but in all honesty, the entire thing is a weak point and it's getting worse every day 😖

Lap below but, without sounding like an ass, the 1:26:5 time is so much slower than I can go, fighting to stop or point where I need when it's like I am driving on the rough seas...

On a side note, does anyone use the Next Level F-GT Formula/ GT rig? And maybe combined with the DD Pro? Looking at this as the most sensibly priced option... Pic attached

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-12 at 16.56.44 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-12 at 16.56.44 (1).jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-12 at 16.56.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-12 at 16.56.44.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2023-10-12-20-24-56-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-12-20-24-56-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Same...been two weeks since I've bothered with GT7. Ran a couple qualifiers but was completely unmotivated to even throw effort at it given the state of things. This is where losing GTSport as a fall-back is gonna kinda suck. This will be neither the first or last time we deal with this, I am sure. Having an established family member as a stand-in when the shiny new thing needs rewritten is awfully convenient, after all.😁

That said, the fact that this is happening on Friday the 13th isn't super inspiring but, yeah, I'm sure things will be fine.:cheers:
Are you still racing on GTS? Laguna C and Monza B are good (tho’ racing hards at Laguna have no grip!). Depending on time of day, lobbies have been full-ish (especially on B).

Haven’t been there this week as I like B and C on 7. But will miss not having it to fall back on.

Seems like the daily race thread is dead. It was mainly you and me anyway!

Last edited:
This stupid, foldable POS Trust Gaming chair has been the worst investment possible. It as solid as a piece of fresh bacon and the wiggling steering and bending base plate take away so much from my lap times....
Yeah, I'm not sorry I skipped something like that and went for the Omega, although I can't recommend it because of the issues I had with the chair. But with my ghetto fix in place, it's awesome to have a nice, stable rig.

OK here goes my rant/ kind-of-but-not-really excuse of why I cannot go faster.. I lose so much time around corners or under braking when it's like I am seated on the world's crappiest motion rig ever invented!!

I have tried everything from cable ties, cardboard inserts, attaching small plates to weak points but in all honesty, the entire thing is a weak point and it's getting worse every day 😖

Lap below but, without sounding like an ass, the 1:26:5 time is so much slower than I can go, fighting to stop or point where I need when it's like I am driving on the rough seas...

On a side note, does anyone use the Next Level F-GT Formula/ GT rig? And maybe combined with the DD Pro? Looking at this as the most sensibly priced option... Pic attached

I have the FGT and the Fanatec GT DD, but I wouldn't recommend the formula chair. Get the bare one and your own seat. The formula seat doesn't breath and it's really not comfortable for longer sessions. I just have an NRG seat on mine and I really like it.

Also, I just beat your time. @TheNormsk too.

Attachments

• 1000014368.png
    1000014368.png
    259.9 KB · Views: 12
Also, I just beat your time. @TheNormsk too.
You need Nebu on your leaderboard to keep you humble!

Nice time btw. That one will be hard to beat...

As to the chair discussion, my Playseat Challenge is a bit wobbly in the wheel compartment as well but that is mostly back and forth and not side to side so I don't think it affects steering too much. The seat is actually fairly comfortable for what it is and the pedals are pretty solid since I bolted the whole thing down to a piece of 3/4" thick 2'x8' MDF (which I carpeted) .

I was thinking about getting one of these https://racingcockpits.com/products/rcp-cockpit-pro-racing-seat-bundle?variant=39521136607430 but since our refrigerator broke over night and I had to buy a new one this morning and that I did not win $1.7bn, or even $4 on the lottery last night, that purchase may have to wait.... Speaking of lotteries why have the top 4 lotteries all been won by Californians? if we don't hear from Grumpy again then I guess we know who won. :D

Last edited:
You need Nebu on your leaderboard to keep you humble!

Nice time btw. That one will be hard to beat...

As to the chair discussion, my Playseat Challenge is a bit wobbly in the wheel compartment as well but that is mostly back and forth and not side to side so I don't think it affects steering too much. The seat is actually fairly comfortable for what it is and the pedals are pretty solid since I bolted the whole thing down to a piece of 3/4" thick 2'x8' MDF (which I carpeted) .

I was thinking about getting one of these https://racingcockpits.com/products/rcp-cockpit-pro-racing-seat-bundle?variant=39521136607430 but since our refrigerator broke over night and I had to buy a new one this morning and that I did not win $1.7bn, or even $4 on the lottery last night, that purchase may have to wait.... Speaking of lotteries why have the top 4 lotteries all been won by Californians? if we don't hear from Grumpy again then I guess we know who won. :D
@r_epp Very nice time!

As for what @TheNormsk said, yep, 100% Agree! Any time I feel like I am doing well, I just stare at @Nebuc72 time and bring me back down to earth and remind me I am just a peasant 😂

Are you still racing on GTS? Laguna C and Monza B are good (tho’ racing hards at Laguna have no grip!). Depending on time of day, lobbies have been full-ish (especially on B).

Haven’t been there this week as I like B and C on 7. But will miss not having it to fall back on.

Seems like the daily race thread is dead. It was mainly you and me anyway!
Pretty much all I've done for the past two weeks, lol! Ran some laps the other day in '7 and, with the bug (potentially) fixed here soon, will probably get some time in at 'C' this weekend. In the meantime, been tearin'-up Monza for the most part...see you out there!

:cheers:

I have a cockpit like the F-GT and cannot stand it. It sits in the corner now until I am ready to tackle that beast again. Very uncomfortable after a short time - I tried a few 30+ minute races in it and was sore afterwards. A friend recommended the Anman cockpit off of Amazon and I find it a lot more comfortable and after a few of those 1 hour endurance races I don't feel any pain. At my age no new pains is always a good thing.

Additionally, wheel and pedal set locks in tight. I go in every week and tighten everything but only find 2-3 screws loose.

Last edited:
Just gave the SLS a quick run on the controller to get my daily mileage in and set a 1:25.961 which was slightly unexpected lol.
Nice car around here! Was much nicer than the 650S.

BB +2 was my only change if anyone is wanting to try.

Just gave the SLS a quick run on the controller to get my daily mileage in and set a 1:25.961 which was slightly unexpected lol.
Nice car around here! Was much nicer than the 650S.

BB +2 was my only change if anyone is wanting to try.
As I've said from day 1 - alien 😂 👽

Back