GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,057 comments
My SR just dropped, after waiting out the full 40 minutes or so for the game to send me back to the menu after getting stuck on the loading screen.
What the hell! Not even this is safe anymore?

Last edited:
Was I wrong here? I was on the hard tyre but even still, this is what I am having the whole time

What do you mean by “wrong”? You were way too far wide on that turn. You need to hug that inside curb, but don’t touch it. Touching it is instant death. Going wide leads to what you ran in to, or massive time loss from slowing down too much.

For the record, my GTSport is still not working. Loads the race but everyone but me is frozen. I have 4 green bars of connectivity. This game is a joke.

I just got a server maintenance notice. Was this announced and I just missed it? I'm guessing it's to fix the loading screen issue

PMK
I haven't seen any news about it either. It's in maintenance right now. I really hope it's about the sport mode issue.
One page back yesterday I posted a screenshot of the notice :)

But thankfully they have eventually fixed the issue! Hurrah!

"I used to pray for times like this!" Finally, this makes me happy.

I’m assuming the game is still without cross play between versions, because I’ve switched over to the ps5 version for the first time since release window and the quality of matchmaking is much higher. Lobby full of A-A+ and lots of names I haven’t seen before.

I guess the migration is complete?

This is Oceania/Asia btw.

Last edited:
I’m assuming the game is still without cross play between versions, because I’ve switched over to the ps5 version for the first time since release window and the quality of matchmaking is much higher. Lobby full of A-A+ and lots of names I haven’t seen before.

I guess the migration is complete?

This is Oceania/Asia btw.
GT World Series races are cross platform, dailies aren't

Looks that way from the streams.

Does anyone have settings for the DD pro mine doesn't seem very smooth when pushing on and a little bit of understeer or maybe it's suppose to feel like that?
This is what I use for most Gr.2 and lower HP cars with the 5NM base.
  • SEN - AUTO
  • FFB - 100
  • FFS - Peak
  • NDP - 10
  • NFR - OFF
  • NIN - OFF
  • INT - 1
  • FEI - 100
  • FOR - 90
  • SPR - Off
  • DPR - Off
  • BRF - Depends on your pedals. My V2s, I usually run 40 but upped it to 50 for the Mazda3 at Leguna Seca
In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback: 3 Gr.1, 4 Gr.2, 5 Gr.3, 6 or 7 Gr.4 / Sports
Sensitivity: 10

Though I just realized for this week I've been running with in game feedback at 4 so 🤷‍♂️

For stupid Gr.1 and extreme vehicles I found this works better (for example this week's race A).
  • SEN - Auto
  • FFB - 100
  • FFS - Peak
  • NDP - 30
  • NFR - 48
  • NIN - 6
  • INT - 16
  • FEI - 80
  • FOR - 70
  • SPR - 60
  • DPR - 100
  • BRF - 40
In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback: 5
Sensitivity: 5 (though this can be dialed down to 1 if a car is too twitchy - I did for race A)

Last edited:
This is what I use for most Gr.2 and lower HP cars with the 5NM base.
  • SEN - AUTO
  • FFB - 100
  • FFS - Peak
  • NDP - 10
  • NFR - OFF
  • NIN - OFF
  • INT - 1
  • FEI - 100
  • FOR - 90
  • SPR - Off
  • DPR - Off
  • BRF - Depends on your pedals. My V2s, I usually run 40 but upped it to 50 for the Mazda3 at Leguna Seca
In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback: 3 Gr.1, 4 Gr.2, 5 Gr.3, 6 or 7 Gr.4 / Sports
Sensitivity: 10

Though I just realized for this week I've been running with in game feedback at 4 so 🤷‍♂️

For stupid Gr.1 and extreme vehicles I found this works better (for example this week's race A).
  • SEN - Auto
  • FFB - 100
  • FFS - Peak
  • NDP - 30
  • NFR - 48
  • NIN - 6
  • INT - 16
  • FEI - 80
  • FOR - 70
  • SPR - 60
  • DPR - 100
  • BRF - 40
In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback: 5
Sensitivity: 5 (though this can be dialed down to 1 if a car is too twitchy - I did for race A)
Thank you mate.

I really like that after doing a B race!

I prefer a fraction more weight so upped the FFB a little more and went with a 35 for BFRC as it's both a new stiff pedal and I'm coming from a TLCM which is different in feel.

Really great settings. Thank you

So anyone try a race today? Is it truly fixed?
Yep, did one race, nothing to sing home about but at least started immediately and everyone had green bars

** ACTUALLY **

Scrap that! Connection is now crap and the race was almost impossible with cars hopping everywhere! Post-race everyone complained and I switched off the PS5 now 🚽

On a separate note, has this ever happened to anyone? Look at the qualy times for myself and the guy below me on my 2nd account?! 😀

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 21.27.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 21.27.10.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 22.05.46 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 22.05.46 (1).jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 22.05.46.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-13 at 22.05.46.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
@TheNormsk Watch out, buddy, here I come!

1697232477532.png

Got a big jump in the span of about 15 minutes. It was due mostly to my finally getting a clue, but also learning that if you hit the final hairpin at just the right speed, you can crank the wheel and stomp on the gas and it'll drag the Mazda right around the corner.

I loved my position in the first race after the new QT:
1697232700125.png

And the best thing is, I didn't feel like an imposter! At least, not while driving the Mazda.

I finished P11, but that was due to red misting when someone side-swiped me off the track, and my retaliation cost me 4 seconds-worth of penalty time. My bad. I thought I had outgrown that. Otherwise, I was P5 at the time, and there's no reason I couldn't finish there, +/- a position or two.
On a separate note, has this ever happened to anyone? Look at the qualy times for myself and the guy below me on my 2nd account?! 😀
Yes, actually, it has happened to me once, and one other time there was .001 difference. Amazing, when you think about it.

BTW, the race started smoothly, and everyone stayed at good connection quality (at least, I didn't notice anyone glitching).

I'll give PD a tentative "THANK YOU!", depending on whether it holds or not. And I'll also give them a big "IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME!" lol

I would assume that the second variable in determining placement would be when the qualification time was obtained. If I was the programmer, to me at least, the logical way of resolving same time QT is that the person with the earliest achievement gets ranked higher.

View attachment 1295080
Congrats on advancement. I'm probably in trouble. I tried for about a 1/2 hour last night and it was frustrating and I could not even get into the 1:26s. I was lapping around .8s off my QT.

I find that a lot. It is like between sessions I forget how I drove and it takes me over a hour to incrementally remember how I approach each corner and section to get my time again. Earlier in the week I realistically thought I could hit 1:26.3 if I had not messed up sector 3 based on how far up I was in sector 2 but now, I'm not confident that I'll advance anymore.

I find that a lot. It is like between sessions I forget how I drove and it takes me over a hour to incrementally remember how I approach each corner and section to get my time again.
I experience the exact same thing on a fairly regular basis. I'd love to be able to figure out what I "forget", so I can say to myself "remember, you usually start braking too late" or something like that. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to differentiate my "good" driving from "bad" driving. Most of the time they look the same to me, except for the actual times.

So you're not alone, by any means.

EDIT:
I deserved a 5 second penalty for my filthy driving here.
How DARE you let that other guy push you off the track and into a wall! 5 second penalty for you, for playing the victim card. :dopey:

Seriously, this is something PD should be able to handle better. Along with the twelve-hundred other things, I guess.

Last edited:
Check again. New time 1:26.550. My optimal is in the 26.4s so there is more in me.. That said, I went to try a race. At that point I think peak beer was hitting my brain and after a few warm up laps that were not impressive I exited out before the race started. It would not have been good. :scared:

A while later, I did enter a race once I felt more with it. My QT had me on 4th and I remained their throughout lap 1. But it was incredibly close. Turn 10 I lose my rear end and it slows me down as I slide and P5 (Canadian) and P6 (Brazilian) pass me. Ironically, that slide saved my hide. The Brazilian hits the Canadian who slides across my front. I'm hit but otherwise okay. The Brazilian carries on barreling into the leaders in front of me who are all turning at the last turn. Canadian slides into P3 (the drunken one) and Brazillian t-bones P2.
Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 12.56.48 AM.png

I come out of all that in 4th with the Brazillian in P2 but with a 5 second penalty. Lap 3 I took 3rd from the penalty car and by lap 5 I'd pulled 1.7s ahead of P4 and I was beginning to think that 3rd was in the bag. Never think that!

Lap 5, I noticed that P4 was gaining fast on me. He had been the P2 car that was knocked out in that first lap, last corner crash. He had recovered from the back of the field and was chasing me down. He was naturally quick! He'd petty much caught up on the uphill of lap 6 and coming off the Rainy Curve got a huge pull of speed over me to pass me on turn 10 a the bottom of the hill. I tried to defend but he made it look easy. I was very impressed and did not feel bad about losing that spot. He earned it. It was a stellar drive and I congratulated him for the nice pass in the lobby afterwards.

My 4th earned me 4% putting me back to where I started the week. More importantly it showed I can be competitive in the low-mid DR A field once I've learned a car/track. What I still need to learn is consistency and car placement. I think I was the only car bouncing off sausages in the race due to my tendency to aim for them :D

Last edited:
I'm done for the week I think. Not sure why but Laguna Seca (race) seems boring to me unless you start in the top 5 - gap is too big any lower, especially with turn 1 chaos. And the chicane at the end of sector 1 (lap 1) at Watkins has been a bloodbath in 2 races I tried, even when I backed out to avoid the mayhem.

Set a few laps for Race B just to pass time and will be chilling for the rest of the day now.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 15.31.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 15.31.52.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I'm done for the week I think. Not sure why but Laguna Seca (race) seems boring to me unless you start in the top 5 - gap is too big any lower, especially with turn 1 chaos. And the chicane at the end of sector 1 (lap 1) at Watkins has been a bloodbath in 2 races I tried, even when I backed out to avoid the mayhem.

Set a few laps for Race B just to pass time and will be chilling for the rest of the day now.
I dunno about boring if you take the rally short cut like I did 🤣

Haven’t done a daily race in a couple of months but I had a great little battle with someone who tried the overcut at Watkins Glen. It’s great when you both give the space and I liked my move into the chicane a lot.

Final sector of lap 1 until final sector of lap 2 is where it gets fun.

Last edited:
A while later, I did enter a race once I felt more with it. My QT had me on 4th and I remained their throughout lap 1. But it was incredibly close. Turn 10 I lose my rear end and it slows me down as I slide and P5 (Canadian) and P6 (Brazilian) pass me. Ironically, that slide saved my hide. The Brazilian hits the Canadian who slides across my front. I'm hit but otherwise okay. The Brazilian carries on barreling into the leaders in front of me who are all turning at the last turn. Canadian slides into P3 (the drunken one) and Brazillian t-bones P2.
View attachment 1295184
I come out of all that in 4th with the Brazillian in P2 but with a 5 second penalty. Lap 3 I took 3rd from the penalty car and by lap 5 I'd pulled 1.7s ahead of P4 and I was beginning to think that 3rd was in the bag. Never think that!

Lap 5, I noticed that P4 was gaining fast on me. He had been the P2 car that was knocked out in that first lap, last corner crash. He had recovered from the back of the field and was chasing me down. He was naturally quick! He'd petty much caught up on the uphill of lap 6 and coming off the Rainy Curve got a huge pull of speed over me to pass me on turn 10 a the bottom of the hill. I tried to defend but he made it look easy. I was very impressed and did not feel bad about losing that spot. He earned it. It was a stellar drive and I congratulated him for the nice pass in the lobby afterwards.
I was very annoyed getting taken out at the start since I was right on the leader's rear end. But the comeback was good. The Aston has a big handling advantage over the Mazda, it's all about momentum and being able to put the power down early even if the Mazda will pull away on the straight. Even better, the Aston is way better under braking, so I can brake several meters later and can make a smooth dive underneath if I am close enough.

Now I know what a rock tossed off a cliff feels like - DR A 39% down to 22% in 9 races.:

1697323932092.png

Clearly, I can't drive to my QT in the race - not even close.

I dunno about boring if you take the rally short cut like I did 🤣
Awesome! That was a sweet cookie of a ride. (Sorry I couldn't come up with something better. I'm not sure why I even bothered posting it because it was so bad.)

Who knew that a spontaneous race after a night of drinking would be the one I enjoyed the most this week?! Started in P8 on 2nd account and finished in P5 but the highlight was a start-to-finish battle with the car behind! Driving clean, close and fairly and it was refreshing to have clean competition 😀

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-15 at 01.13.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-15 at 01.13.31.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-15 at 01.13.30.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-15 at 01.13.30.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 11
Back