GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,057 comments
I noticed that in Race A the game memorises the tune whereas in Races B and C it gets resetted everytime and I can't use the tunes I specified in the garage. Quite annoying to change it for every race. Is that a bug or has someone a solution for this problem?

Last edited:
Meanwhile, at PD's office

View attachment 1295708
Oh wait, we're NOT supposed to look at pictures of food on our computers all day?? Damn, that's all that keeps me going...

I am completely stoked for this weeks races, but I set the bar of expectations quite low. Sad but true...if everything loads and there's more than me and a +1 on the track, it's a win. 😁 Be interesting to see if the release of Forza re-ignites some creative fire over at PD in the coming months. Particularly well timed with the Holidays on the horizon and they definitely need to grab some kindling. This week seems like a good start.

Happy racing and good luck out there!:cheers:
lightning.gif

Last edited:
I've spent half an hour messing around with setup for Race A, and the car was handling beautifully. It was on rails. Then I loaded up a ghost from one of the leader and realised that I was giving up about 20mph on the straights. Ooops.

A radical change of setup strategy now means that I am now a lot faster over a lap, even if the car feels less planted in the twisty stuff. I'm still miles off the fastest times, but quick enough for pole position in the two races I run.

Lesson learnt - the best brakes available are not worth having if it means that you have to reduce your power to get within the PP limit.

Last edited:
This weeks guide for you with a few crashes in there!

Not impressed either Tidge. The main reason, other than the fact that I think they are nothing special this week, is that out of 7 races (6 race B & 1 race C) I have only finished one (came 3rd). I'm a solid SR S driver but due to the stupidity of the pathetic Penalty system, I went to an A. And have not finished so many races today due to being smashed into oblivion so many times I was also demoted from B to C.

Seriously getting sick and tired of this crap. The driving standards have hit an all time low, the penalty system doesn't work and more often than not penalises the good driver because some idiot went of track, re-entered, hit me and bounced of again - I get the bloody penalty! And apart from the odd week of good races... they are BORING PD so bloody well do something.., please.

Not impressed either Tidge. The main reason, other than the fact that I think they are nothing special this week, is that out of 7 races (6 race B & 1 race C) I have only finished one (came 3rd). I'm a solid SR S driver but due to the stupidity of the pathetic Penalty system, I went to an A. And have not finished so many races today due to being smashed into oblivion so many times I was also demoted from B to C.

Seriously getting sick and tired of this crap. The driving standards have hit an all time low, the penalty system doesn't work and more often than not penalises the good driver because some idiot went of track, re-entered, hit me and bounced of again - I get the bloody penalty! And apart from the odd week of good races... they are BORING PD so bloody well do something.., please.
Road Atlanta is a fun track. I really really enjoy it. But every time it's been up I get murdered in the esses. It doesn't work with this penalty system.

I think the Race Cs that are "RH required, RS or RM optional, high fuel rate" just never really work and PD should move away from that template. At the length of a daily race, and especially without sped-up pitstops, a 0-stop and a 1-stop are just never going to be equal strategies.
Especially as you can run the race 0 stopping at almost full race pace in a couple of cars FM1.

It's ok to have a RS QT tire but the races need to have options. Stopping is 40+ seconds at Catalunya (it's like spa levels of waiting for the car to show up in to the animation)

Two B races today after a week of GT celibate and 40 hours of careful fine tuning of my new race chair! Every little velcro pin at the right place, and all screws adjusted with my laser calibrated torque titan wrench. Welcome, competition!

Race one (All BS lobby), me in Q8 (1.19.3xxx). Lap one saw some crazy stuff in T1+T2 between P6-P7, and I was up to P6 before I knew it. A lap later I was up to P3 after another couple of incidents amongst the top drivers. P3! The Chair delivers! 5 laps driving on my own, keeping the distance both in front and behind me. But then, last lap, last chicane, P2 and P1 starts to wrestle, and one of them hits the grass. Finish P2, CRB and gained 6 positions!

Race two (All BS lobby as well), me in Q9. Pretty rough manners from my fellow drivers, a few bumps and nudges put me down to P11, but over the remaining 6 laps I managed to work my way up to P5, only to get pushed around in last chicane and finish P7. Not too unhappy, I was a mess in that last chicane, the cars behind had more nerves, speed and control.

Now on to study the replays!

With tuning I feel like I want to get the Genesis-X out of the garage but race B is all GT-R and 911 presently, right?

Doing some promo work in Catalunya this week

IMG_3907.jpeg

Fantastic race with an Italian in a Mazda3. Both doing 6S/4H. I had the edge on the softs but they were better at the end on the hards. Could’ve channelled my inner Venom and punted them a few times but I try to resist the villainous urges.

Hate how Road Atlanta is such an ‘expletive deleted show’ on lap one T2 and T3 (at the top of the hill).

Watched Petit Le Mans Saturday and no one passes there irl! But did two races today and got dive bombed between T2 and T3 (like wtf), and then again in the esses.

Shame as the track is epic. And C is a fuel saver which I hate (read am terrible at).

I'm always down for some Road Atlanta so I'll be there turning laps. I'm in "Rexy" again and have a time so far of essentially a 1:19 flat. I had a heck of a time trying to beat that time and gave up for the day. I'll try and get that tenth to dip into the 1:18 range. Looking forward to some races this week.

Hate how Road Atlanta is such an ‘expletive deleted show’ on lap one T2 and T3 (at the top of the hill).

Watched Petit Le Mans Saturday and no one passes there irl! But did two races today and got dive bombed between T2 and T3 (like wtf), and then again in the esses.

Shame as the track is epic. And C is a fuel saver which I hate (read am terrible at).
normally Catalunya is my jam, but it being a major fuel saving race….yeah, I can’t be bothered with that. Plus, race B is actually a decent length this week at a track I love. And I’m trying to build my oceanic account, so I can make use of the quick turnover

Waiting for at least @Nebuc72 or @TheNormsk to come and spoil the party later 🤣😜
Not sure I will be much competition this week. For whatever reason B is not gelling with me tonight. I tried the Gen-X, M6 and 911RSR and and every car I spin out in turn 11 or sound how manage to power oversteer it. I've done very few laps where I have not crashed off...

I'll keep at it but if I don't find some oomph, then I'll probably skip this week and focus on continuing getting platinum in single player.

With tuning I feel like I want to get the Genesis-X out of the garage but race B is all GT-R and 911 presently, right?
Qualifying seems fairly open, but every race I ran yesterday was won by people in the Toyota GR!

I love the track, and feel I'm going quite fast there, then see that the winner posted a fastest lap 3 seconds quicker than mine 😳

UPDATE: What a bloody joke!

So.., 2 races today at Road Atlanta (great fun, but!!... more on that later) SR rating retrieved yesterday back to S, but back down to A this morning. Also, DR downgraded to D!

So what the BL**DY hell is going on? Seriously? Race1 first lap and getting smashed from all sides, make it to the chicane where a Ghosted car suddenly un-ghosts right in front of me. Try to avoid the car but do hit it, go off track and get 2sec penalty. The car I hit stayed on track and was non worse for wear and continued like nothing had happened.

Race2... just an another smash fest of idiots and morons. From 3rd to last on lap 2... I give up.

I will try one more race at Atlanta and that will probably be it for the week. Not sure Race C will be any better, but will see.

Polyphony... your claim of the being the real driving simulator is false advertising, at best, but actually - just a ridiculous joke.

Last edited:
That sounds like my general experience with most race Bs. The track is too narrow, the race is (even at 7 laps) too short, no one has any patience and so it just turns into Wreckfest.

Back