GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,057 comments
I was very annoyed getting taken out at the start since I was right on the leader's rear end. But the comeback was good. The Aston has a big handling advantage over the Mazda, it's all about momentum and being able to put the power down early even if the Mazda will pull away on the straight. Even better, the Aston is way better under braking, so I can brake several meters later and can make a smooth dive underneath if I am close enough.
Good racing with you!

I always wonder how many people we end up racing with also frequent this thread but never post? There definitely seems to be a core of regular misfits and the occasional interloper but considering the number of people that race it seems very few.

Now I know what a rock tossed off a cliff feels like - DR A 39% down to 22% in 9 races.:

View attachment 1295410
Clearly, I can't drive to my QT in the race - not even close.

Awesome! That was a sweet cookie of a ride. (Sorry I couldn't come up with something better. I'm not sure why I even bothered posting it because it was so bad.)
This is the time you set up a second account so you only do races in the mid As that you feel good at. Use your second account for all the races you do where you feel iffy and don't care about your rating. I got to admit, that racing my GB account which is low Bs can be highly entertaining when I'm finishing top 3 a lot. Of course that leads to DR gain and then you get the feeling that you want to preserve your DR..... Then you set up a third account. So the wheel turns..... :D

Is anybody having trouble with SR? Normally I'm in S. Every time I went down to A or B, I did my best to improve it and logically I went back to S in no time.
Only last week I had trouble keeping my cool in a bunch of Trial Mountain races, went down to B and I'm still there. This week, on Laguna Seca, I didn't get involved in any crash. Only one slight bump in the 90 degrees corner before the corkscrew and I had a 0.5s penalty for cutting. That's it. Despite driving clean all week, I still didn't get a single CRB and my SR is still at B.

I don't get it.

P.S. I disconnected only 2 times last week with the freezing issue. I don't think it's about that.
My DR is still A. It actually improved from low to mid bar.

Last edited:
This is the time you set up a second account so you only do races in the mid As that you feel good at. Use your second account for all the races you do where you feel iffy and don't care about your rating.
I actually don't care that much about maintaining DR A. As I said while being artificially advanced earlier, I'm not an A driver. So getting pushed back down is OK with me. In fact, I should probably do more races today, so I'm back in B before next week starts.
I can't rely on people messing up to gift me places by the time Saturday comes...

Why is everyone so... damn... clean :banghead:

(Starting in the podium places and getting totally swallowed up by chasing Mazda's)
I totally agree! That's been my exact experience this week.
Is anybody having trouble with SR?
Yes! I got dropped down to A when I was rammed from behind causing me to bin the guy in front, and I haven't gotten back up. Of course, DNFing a race didn't help.

Is anybody having trouble with SR? Normally I'm in S. Every time I went down to A or B, I did my best to improve it and logically I went back to S in no time.
Just before the connection issues I managed to drop mine from S to B, all from one race at Le Mans where I couldn't stop getting track limits penalties, I even discovered a couple of new places I'd never got one before 😯. Managed to recover back to S now, luckily the hanging lobbies would have meant everyone thought my bad rating was from that, not my driving ;).

This is the time you set up a second account so you only do races in the mid As that you feel good at. Use your second account for all the races you do where you feel iffy and don't care about your rating. I got to admit, that racing my GB account which is low Bs can be highly entertaining when I'm finishing top 3 a lot. Of course that leads to DR gain
Try reading that if your DR B and struggling to avoid a return to DR C.

Yes! I got dropped down to A when I was rammed from behind causing me to bin the guy in front, and I haven't gotten back up. Of course, DNFing a race didn't help.
Yeah...

Something ridiculous just happened again. After another 3-4 races I managed to climb to A. Closed GT7. An hour later I came back to the Sport mode screen. My SR was still at A, so it was really updated to the last race I had.
I raced again. A dude pushed me out of the track from behind. No other collisions during the race. Checked the Sport mode screen again. SR back to B.

nintendo-rage.gif

Penalties also count to DR so any track limits or non penalty contact counts as well.

Edit:

I have made peace with the rolling starts but at places like Laguna a P10 starts you mid turn on the 90 degree right and even worse if you are lower placed.

The guy in front of me just gets to floor it and the first thing I have to do is make sure I have the right angle steering lock, brake and then make the corner.

If it was side by side rolling starts I get it but the gaps are massive. Typically over 1s by the timing line it's almost like the pack will get split in to two races. Especially in A/A+ lobbies where the pace is fast and the people mostly consistent.

Last edited:
Just had to try and redeem myself at WG with the M6. I feel much better about myself. 😂 started 12 and finished 4 with a clean race. One track limit penalty that might have cost me third. I was pulling hard on the 3rd place car at the end and he was in my sights. I like this race a lot. My kinda thing. I hope to have a few more runs this afternoon.

You got to be kidding me. The races are still glitched for me. Just ran Daily B all by myself. The rest of the grid frozen in place at the start. I have 4 green bars of signal, so my connection shouldn’t be the problem. I decided to complete the race just so my DR/SR doesn’t go down but WTF???

Is there something I’m missing that I need to do to get this to work again?

Edit: And now I’m a C rated driver despite me moving from 15th to 11th place in my race.

Last edited:
Might be to
You got to be kidding me. The races are still glitched for me. Just ran Daily B all by myself. The rest of the grid frozen in place at the start. I have 4 green bars of signal, so my connection shouldn’t be the problem. I decided to complete the race just so my DR/SR doesn’t go down but WTF???

Might be your end bud as since the patch both B and C have been flawless with one lobby a guy had to leave in the pre race as he wasn't loading in to the lobby. After he left the lobby countdown worked fine and the races went ahead

Might be to

Might be your end bud as since the patch both B and C have been flawless with one lobby a guy had to leave in the pre race as he wasn't loading in to the lobby. After he left the lobby countdown worked fine and the races went ahead
Okay, if it is on my end what do I need to fix? I have a solid connection to the server. What more is there for me to do?

Okay, if it is on my end what do I need to fix? I have a solid connection to the server. What more is there for me to do?
I honestly don't know, I had the same things happening and then the patch and it worked.

I'm on a 4 bar connection because I'm wireless.

A full restart maybe and checking if other peoples networks are on the same channel as yours? Otherwise I have no idea :(

I honestly don't know, I had the same things happening and then the patch and it worked.

I'm on a 4 bar connection because I'm wireless.

A full restart maybe and checking if other peoples networks are on the same channel as yours? Otherwise I have no idea :(
Full restart? Like wipe my whole GT7 game from existence? Hell no.

How do I tell if other peoples networks are on my channel?

My connection speed is 275Mbps according to my PS5 network speed test. It’s not the fastest in the world, but certainly fast enough to play the game.

Full restart? Like wipe my whole GT7 game from existence? Hell no.

How do I tell if other peoples networks are on my channel?

My connection speed is 275Mbps according to my PS5 network speed test. It’s not the fastest in the world, but certainly fast enough to play the game.
It's definitely fast enough by a long shot. I play online and stream with less than that.

Are you wired or WiFi? If you are WiFi then your neighbours might be to and channels are the frequency and sometimes they clash.

I'm not saying wipe GT but restart and rebuild the database, delete the temporary network stuff in the settings menu.

I was massively vocal about the poor online connectivity but they seem to have fixed the core issue so everything else must sort of be localised.

When I started playing online games it was IRQ channels and serial ports....

Did not do any racing today. I felt defeated.

I did five B races last night and the results were disappointing to say the least. Perhaps it was the crowd I was in but I think I have a bit of GrumpyOldMan syndrome. I may QT well and I enjoyed the challenge to push myself up the leaderboard but when it comes to race time that performance does not carry over to dealing with other cars on track.

The night started somewhat okay.

I QT in third behind one of the fastest drivers in the world and another faster racer who's name defies his speed.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231014203125 copy.jpg

First race of the night nerves got to me and on lap 1 I drift into the sand turn 3 dropping a couple spots and again at turn 6 dropping me to 7th at the Corkscrew when I got used as a brake in a side swipe. That starts to put me in the pack and then I get punted in turn 2 but manage to hold it. However that would start a trend of the night.. Lap 3, turn 2 again the car behind me gets is nose on my side where there was not room and pushing me wide. I drop to 8th and that is where I ended. Not good but not the worse. That was the next race..

Race 2 had me on Q2. Lap 1 I hit the sausage at turn 6 bouncing me into the sand. I lose P2 and a ton of speed in the run up to corkscrew which allowed a pack to catch up. I was however all over the back of P2 at turn 10 and they go into the sand and I follow. Idiot I am. Then at the last turn P5 lunges down the inside and torpedos me in the side. I'm knocked to the outside of the track but because I did not go off, unbelievably they got no penalty. That p***es me off. I'm still in 4th at this point but it's only lap 2. Then entering turn 2 I swear P2 (the one who torpedoed me) brake checks me. He hit his brakes so early into the turn that I hit him, which slows me down and accelerates him. Then because I got slowed I get hit by P5 twice pushing me wide, then get hit again pushing me further wide and then once more for good luck punting me off into the gravel. That drops me all the way to 14th. I climb back to 10th at one spot but get punted again, this time down to DFL. I ended it finishing 14th only because P14 went wide last turn and I out dragged them to the line but a few thousandths.

I was seriously beginning to question my ability to race so I thought I would jump over to my GB account and test the waters there. I didn't have a very impressive QT so I start Q6. First race was much like the last US account race. A horrible amount of punting and side swiping going on. I ended up 14th on that one as well.

The next two races went better. Q4 to P5 for race 2 and for race 3 I improved my QT so was Q2 but that also finished P5.

I like the technical challenge of Leguna Seca and can do well there for time trial like events but I am remembering that I don't like to race there. Too many people are happy to punt and side swipe. It is the same old complaint. I try my utmost to stay clean and that is hindering me on a circuit like this. If I lose a spot due to a mistake on my part (which I make quite a few at LS) or in many cases because of a side swipe in a turn, I can often catch up but I am seemingly unable to pass. At this level I can't rely on cars crashing out for passing opportunities. Yes it happens but not like in the lower B/C lobbies. So I can start at a high QT but unless I pull out a stellar drive and remain ahead of the cars behind, I invariably go backwards in spots as others are less cautious in the passing moves.

Sorry for the long post. Had to get it off my chest.

Last edited:
Did not do any racing today. I felt defeated.
You and I must manifest the same feelings from time-to-time. I started a race this morning with the sole purpose to finish in any position (probably down in the pack) so I could just get my drop down to DR B finished.

But things went so poorly after starting P8, and I was DFL by 10 seconds in lap 3. I kept telling myself to just keep going, but it was so depressing - as you said, I felt so defeated, that I just gave up.

So I took a Xanax to help me stop getting so emotional, and it helped. I'm not recommending drugs just so we can play games, by the way. But if I was a drinker I would have downed a few beers to take the edge off. I think this accomplished the same thing. :cheers: :lol:

EDIT:

That's it for me for rthis week. These people don't give a flying **** what they do to the people in front of them.

1697416038501.png

Last edited:
if I was a drinker I would have downed a few beers to take the edge off. I think this accomplished the same thing. :cheers: :lol:

I must admit I was thinking a beer would help but after our main refrigerator died this week and we evacuated all the drinks from our backup fridge to take over I didn’t have a cold one.

After all the hours spent on QT I feel I should do more races tonight. But then I need to remind myself that I usually do best Monday through Thursday. It’s usually downhill after that.

It's the usual stuff you just happen to like the combos
Unless my data is wrong (which is always possible), we've never had 7 laps at Atlanta in race B. We had 5 twice, and 6 once. And we've never had Gr.3 at Atlanta in B either - it's always been Gr.4.

1697449494414.png

Back