GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Which car are you using? Honestly mate, try the Renault! If you look at my lap data on the NISMO, I am quite consistent. With the RS01, it is even better! Lacks a bit of top end speed compared to Supra or Ferrari but extremely easy to drive, and that is using my wobbly rig! Can't wait for tonight could barely sleep lol 🎉 😂
I might have to give the Renault a go. I’m currently on a 1:18.3 in the Porsche. I know there’s more time in it if I put a solid 30 minutes not qualifying. But even then, nothing going to save me from getting swallowed up by the Genesis and GTR’s on the straight. I can’t even really make up ground when I’m in their slip.

Which car are you using? Honestly mate, try the Renault! If you look at my lap data on the NISMO, I am quite consistent. With the RS01, it is even better! Lacks a bit of top end speed compared to Supra or Ferrari but extremely easy to drive, and that is using my wobbly rig! Can't wait for tonight could barely sleep lol 🎉 😂
I've tried a couple of different cars. Started with the Vette (mainly because I was close to missing the race and it was the only Gr3 car I had with RMs already equipped lol)... it was okay. Then onto the Porsche which was pretty good. That's when I jumped into the Genesis which dropped my quali time down into the 17s (17.811 on the #4 account). It took a few laps to get used to it, going from the Porsche to the Genesis is quite the different driving experience. But, got a couple good races in with it.

That being said, I liked the Porsche better so I will definitely try the RS01 as it's very similar to the Porsche IMO, as both of their rears are quite planted which is nice at R.A. I've seen a lot of people using the M6 and GT-R like you mentioned so might give them a go as well.

aefb72078767e1a4981f158d36d3e3e5_photo.webp

Last edited:
I improved by B time to 1:18.711 and while not that good for DR A I decided to jump into a race to test the waters. I QT'd in 13th.

There was some drama on turn 5 and I gained 3 spots there. Got another at turn 7 but got out dragged up the hill by a A|B racer in a 911RSR, bumping me in the rear at the bottom of the hill. Entering turn 10 he had pinned me to the inside but a penalty taker was about to unghost and I thought he would get blocked but a gap opened and he appeared to fast'n'furious downshift to suddenly go faster :lol:and he pushed in, forcing me even more to the inside. In this move I miss my braking mark (being blocked by two cars now going three wide) and I, kind of, caused some mayhem into the turn unable to slow as much as I would like. I hit one, turning in who bounces off another, knocking them off track. Some other chaos happens as well. The A|B guy gets a 2s penalty in all this. I came out in 8th after all this.

After that encounter I drive clean with a really solid drive in the M6 and finish in 5th. An 8 spot gain.

View attachment 1296132

Here are the highlights with a replay of turn 10 from a couple views.

What do you think of my turn 10 carnage? It was accidental on my part missing my braking mark after being surprised by the sudden move of Porsche. You might argue that I should have waited and I considered it but I focused on the guy I hit, who remained in front so I considered that done. I was not aware of the other stuff going on at the time.

I am still having trouble getting a competitive QT but the M6 is an excellent race weapon. It is stuck to the ground like a tank and when it does get bumped it does not move much. I have a tune on it that makes it a bit stickier as well so that helps.

Looks like a total dive bomb disaster in slow mo. I would have backed out because he was aggressive but beat you and the car on the outside coming into the end of the straightaway.
His car was totally in front of you even before the curb started but you stayed in it and on a line that was you can’t make.

Remember the vortex lol. It will help in the long game 👍

Looks like a total dive bomb disaster in slow mo. I would have backed out because he was aggressive but beat you and the car on the outside coming into the end of the straightaway.
His car was totally in front of you even before the curb started but you stayed in it and on a line that was you can’t make.

Remember the vortex lol. It will help in the long game 👍
Yeah, not my proudest moment. I got a "tf_man" in the chat during the race after that and I apologized to all - as I did not know who I offended at the time - in the lobby afterwards but there was no further recrimination thrown at me.

Yep, the vortex. Must remember that.

I was trying to figure out how to move right while still defending inside but with the ghost and the, what appeared to me, a sudden surge of speed but the Porsche, I ended up barreling in with an "oh ****" exclamation. :banghead:

Last edited:
Race B is pretty fun. I can't tell if I love RA or hate it.
I love Road Atlanta, but it can certainly be extremely frustrating!
I'll put in a decent lap and follow it up with a half dozen bad ones. Doesn't take much to completely FUBAR a lap.
Watching Petit Le Mans last weekend and tried to pay attention to some of the lap times, I noticed there is quite a bit of fluctuation lap to lap. I know it’s because of traffic, but it still makes me feel good since I can’t turn consistent laps around there. Turns 5 and 7 are killers for me.

Started P10 in a mixed A & B lobby last night. Finished P6. Not bad for my first race of the week. Started P3 in a all B/S lobby for the second race. Ended up P7 due to typical first lap shenanigans. Overall all pretty good racing in the 2 races I’ve done so far this week.

Tried out the M6 Sprint in qualifying today. I set the suspension up according to Praiano's tuning for the M6 Endurance at Suzuka and it worked fairly well here. I really want a 1:17.xxx!

1:18.2 this morning was good enough for a P7 start and I was able to turn that into a P4 finish. Almost had the podium, but I find that it's hard to finish a pass at RA.

Attachments

• 1000014469.png
    1000014469.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Tried out the M6 Sprint in qualifying today. I set the suspension up according to Praiano's tuning for the M6 Endurance at Suzuka and it worked fairly well here. I really want a 1:17.xxx!

1:18.2 this morning was good enough for a P7 start and I was able to turn that into a P4 finish. Almost had the podium, but I find that it's hard to finish a pass at RA.
So you like the tune? I was just looking at that as I figured Suzuka is a good analogous for RA and it is close to the tune I figured out at Lago last month. That said, I did poorly at LM so hopefully The Praiano tune is better.

Did you go with the ARB, DRC and DRE settings as is even though the other suspension settings are different from stock?

Last edited:
So you like the tune? I was just looking at that as I figured Suzuka is a good analogous for RA and it is close to the tune I figured out at Lago last month. That said, I did poorly at LM so hopefully The Praiano tune is better.

Did you go with the ARB, DRC and DRE settings as is even though the other suspension settings are different from stock?
I like it.

Yep, copied the roll bars, compression and expansion. You could also try the Spa setup as that has closer natural frequencies.

Where do you find these tunes? Interested if I can find one for the Renault RS01 tonight once I am done assembling this rig! Past the 3 hour mark and still loads to do 😅

Find the car you're driving, adjust what you can under BOP restrictions, see how you like it.

Nice rig. I'd still recommend changing the seat out when you can.

Last edited:
Man in game pedal calibration is broken really badly.

The same issue with 2 different brands of load cell pedals. TM TLCM and CSL load cell.

Both have reset in game to tiny brake windows 8% to 18%

Will post a vid shortly

Edit: both on the latest firmware. For some reason the game sets values for you and overrides them if you use 100% these pedals are less than a week old

Last edited:
I only did 3 races at Road Atlanta today as I forced myself to do something outside and get some fresh air. I didn't improve my qualifying time but it had me mostly in the same grid potions as yesterday.

Race 1 had me in P6 to start. The entire race was sloppy driving from everyone, myself included. Lots of questionable moves and dives that results me in a P8 finish. Just a total mess out there with a few rage quits.

Race 2 has me P8 on the grid and this was a clean race. Some nice battles and side by side racing from everyone I was with and following. An absolute great time of a race and I move up to finish P6.

My final race puts me in P7 to start. Again, some good clean racing and nice battles the entire time. I did have to back out when someone tried to go two wide in the esses and that's not going to work. I get a P5 finish and call it a day.

Find the car you're driving, adjust what you can under BOP restrictions, see how you like it.

Nice rig. I'd still recommend changing the seat out when you can.
Thank you, will do!

Will add the strengthening kit tomorrow but the base is done and going to see if I have the energy to drive after 5 hours assembly! 😅 😂

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 21.53.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 21.53.11.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 12
Man in game pedal calibration is broken really badly.

The same issue with 2 different brands of load cell pedals. TM TLCM and CSL load cell.

Both have reset in game to tiny brake windows 8% to 18%

Will post a vid shortly

Edit: both on the latest firmware. For some reason the game sets values for you and overrides them if you use 100% these pedals are less than a week old
I just checked mine. My brake is fine but I have had issues before where it got reset. My accelerator was weird though.

IMG_7460.JPG

In addition when I pressed my gas pedal to the floor I was only getting 97% throttle. Something must have shifted/expanded with the rubber stopper at the end of the travel because if I really floored it I would get 100% but in normal driving I would never do that. I have now recalibrated it with a max dead zone around 95%.

So I may have figured out why I'm slower that expected. I have not been running full throttle. I'm sure even 97% makes a difference at DR A level 🤷‍♂️

Thank you, will do!

Will add the strengthening kit tomorrow but the base is done and going to see if I have the energy to drive after 5 hours assembly! 😅 😂
Rig looks good. Surprised you did not bolt the DD direct to the wheel plate though and decided on clamp.

Last edited:
I just checked mine. My brake is fine but I have had issues before where it got reset. My accelerator was weird though.

View attachment 1296263

In addition when I pressed my gas pedal to the floor I was only getting 97% throttle. Something must have shifted/expanded with the rubber stopper at the end of the travel because if I really floored it I would get 100% but in normal driving I would never do that. I have now recalibrated it with a max dead zone around 95%.

So I may have figured out why I'm slower that expected. I have not been running full throttle. I'm sure even 97% makes a difference at DR A level 🤷‍♂️

Rig looks good. Surprised you did not bolt the DD direct to the wheel plate though and decided on clamp.
This makes me wonder quite a bit.

Your accelerator and my brake look suspiciously like what a controller user would use especially on the buttons.

Hmmm

I'm gonna deep dive this a bit more now as I assume you didn't want 15% of travel for full throttle? That would be madness 😝

This makes me wonder quite a bit.

Your accelerator and my brake look suspiciously like what a controller user would use especially on the buttons.

Hmmm

I'm gonna deep dive this a bit more now as I assume you didn't want 15% of travel for full throttle? That would be madness 😝
The oddity is that regardless of what the calibration states, the pedal appeared to operate normally with full range except GT would max out at around 97-98%.

View attachment 1296263

Yep, will do that tomorrow. The height of the stand is lowest as can be, seat is as back as it can be, and I can rest my titties on the steering wheel 😂 Did maybe 5 laps before legs and back gave out, and got within 0.2s of my best time on lap 5 so keeping fingers crossed once I make the adjustments and regain my strength.

Good luck all!

Back from a hiatus to lobbies, ran 3 race B today, one of my favourite tracks.
I had no idea you could tune and I hadn't had time for that anyway.
But driving careful and avoiding the chaos on lap one has propelled me from 2/3 C to B in 3 races.
18b442efa4753-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_434599918133594_1697655930209.jpg

But man there's some dirty ones out there.
Like this guy, when he turned in on me I was "ok, you didn't see me. That's cool, I'll just go slightly off while I lift"
18b44566d6396-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_434600581562289_1697658521727.jpg

Well, he turned so much in to be sure I went off that he almost lost it.
18b44567bef68-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_434600584231252_1697658532153.jpg

I got a .5 second penalty but was 2 seconds ahead of him next lap anyway

Fun times in a car with no tune.
Running an endurance race there on Saturday so this is good practice

As you all have indicated, the competition for QT times in the actual races at Atlanta are just insane! Look at the tiny gaps in this race:

1697663742958.png

I was a little worried because during my pre-race qualifying, I only broke into the 1:18's once.

Fortunately (for me), there was a big dust-up the first time through the chicane, and I managed to keep my position, but with different cars in front of me.

Lots of fun, because I was on P3's tail (who actually started P9) through most of the race until I got my second(!) .5 second penalty. With a 4+ second lead on P5, I just cruised the rest of the race.

7 laps is a lot when there's no real competition. Not complaining, though!

So far I'm managing to hold on to my DR A rating. At 19% right now. You all know this already, but getting a good QT is critical.

Still loving the 911. It's forgiving enough for my caveman driving style.

Back from a hiatus to lobbies, ran 3 race B today, one of my favourite tracks.
I had no idea you could tune and I hadn't had time for that anyway.
But driving careful and avoiding the chaos on lap one has propelled me from 2/3 C to B in 3 races.View attachment 1296305

But man there's some dirty ones out there.
Like this guy, when he turned in on me I was "ok, you didn't see me. That's cool, I'll just go slightly off while I lift"
View attachment 1296306

Well, he turned so much in to be sure I went off that he almost lost it.
View attachment 1296307
I got a .5 second penalty but was 2 seconds ahead of him next lap anyway

Fun times in a car with no tune.
Running an endurance race there on Saturday so this is good practice
Playing devils advocate, you can see him better than he can see you in that selection of screenshots.

You had your nose in but could have backed off.

A clean move is along side, not the rear quarter.

It's not a move would have committed to personally but it's devils advocate from my part

As you all have indicated, the competition for QT times in the actual races at Atlanta are just insane! Look at the tiny gaps in this race:

View attachment 1296304

I was a little worried because during my pre-race qualifying, I only broke into the 1:18's once.

Fortunately (for me), there was a big dust-up the first time through the chicane, and I managed to keep my position, but with different cars in front of me.

Lots of fun, because I was on P3's tail (who actually started P9) through most of the race until I got my second(!) .5 second penalty. With a 4+ second lead on P5, I just cruised the rest of the race.

7 laps is a lot when there's no real competition. Not complaining, though!

So far I'm managing to hold on to my DR A rating. At 19% right now. You all know this already, but getting a good QT is critical.

Still loving the 911. It's forgiving enough for my caveman driving style.

The trenches are deep for us RSR users right now. I did a 10 minute qually session and was able to improve my time down to 1:18.1. After studying Turismo Lester's lap some, I'm pretty sure I can find a couple more tenth's. During the race, turn 5 at the end of the esses is a killer. If I opt for my qually line, its a 50/50 chance if I get myself a penalty or not. But that section is one of the few opportunities we have to make up any ground against the slew of Genesis out there. I can't even make up any ground when in their slip 😂

Last edited:
Those who have talent can drive fast wiggling a trig in the air and just thinking of the direction they want to go.... They don't need no fancy equipment.

Meanwhile, plebs with no talent (ahem, me) need all the help they can muster.
Lol, I'm not that quick!
I actually used to have a rig but I found it annoying so I switched back to a desk mount. This was way before I switched to GT though, probably ditched it in 2017 or 2018-ish.
Didn't like the concept of my rig being separate to everything else as it ruined the flow of gaming (I like that I can play GT and then instantly switch to other tabs between races etc.), nor did I like how much room it unecessarily took up, so I shelved it.

For a little while after I got my loadcell pedals I had them on a shoebox that was on top of a box of noodles - but the box of noodles had collapsed so whenever I broke my pedals would basically tilt down 45 degrees, not ideal!

It took me a month or so to bother fixing it for some reason. I'm sure in some way or another it contributed to me being a master braker... uh. Don't say that 3 times fast.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back