GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Could be their attention has been focused on the Gordon Ramsey Update due this month and have left the daily races to the microwave.
That's what I'm assuming. It's my understanding that there's literally 1 guy who works on the online events so if they're all hands on deck working on an update, he's probably just chosen to do whatever he could get out quickly.

Next week looking to be another dupe week.

A is Alsace Test Course Reverse on Cs - presumably the Sambabus again.
B is Interlagos on RH, presumably Gr.3
C is Maggiore Reverse, RM RS, x7 tyre x2 fuel - presumably the Gr.2 event again (same multipliers)

This will be a copy from:
  • A is from the week of 27th March (all 2023)
  • B is from 6th March
  • C is from 20th Feb

Safe to say they stopped cooking! One week of non-repeats is all we get. I am actually a bit concerned with how often they are recycling things now. It's worryingly often.
To be fair, all of those would have been fixed setups and now they're likely to have at least adjustable brake balance and some suspension settings. If they're experimenting with settings, it makes sense to compare the same thing by doing the same races.

It's a shocking concept, I know.
I don't bother doing more than about 2 qualification laps, I don't keep track of my DR, I don't care if I come first (ha, yeah right, that's not happening) or last.
My life would be a lot less stressful if I didn't care about those things, but alas, that's just not me.
Is there a list somewhere of all the sport races in GT7's history? I'd be curious of the track/combos they have never used.
Yes. The "Tracks/Races" tab in GranTracker. :D

To be fair, all of those would have been fixed setups and now they're likely to have at least adjustable brake balance and some suspension settings. If they're experimenting with settings, it makes sense to compare the same thing by doing the same races.
Do you think they'll get to the point where engine/transmission tuning is locked but full suspension tuning is allowed as it appears to be expanding? If so, I just wish PD would allow us to save our tuning settings (even if partial) as it is really annoying to have to keep on entering them and keeping the settings in a notepad..

Do you think they'll get to the point where engine/transmission tuning is locked but full suspension tuning is allowed as it appears to be expanding? If so, I just wish PD would allow us to save our tuning settings (even if partial) as it is really annoying to have to keep on entering them and keeping the settings in a notepad..

It almost feels like between the limited tuning, and longer FIA races, PD is testing the waters to see what the community will “tolerate” sotospeak. Personally, I don’t see them bringing tuning into daily’s anymore than they currently are. At game launch when they were allowing full tuning, it wasnt very well received, and the races turned into 1-make meta tune races anyways. It seems that the “limited tuning” they’ve given us as of recent, as at least brought more cars into the fold.

It almost feels like between the limited tuning, and longer FIA races, PD is testing the waters to see what the community will “tolerate” sotospeak. Personally, I don’t see them bringing tuning into daily’s anymore than they currently are. At game launch when they were allowing full tuning, it wasnt very well received, and the races turned into 1-make meta tune races anyways. It seems that the “limited tuning” they’ve given us as of recent, as at least brought more cars into the fold.
Is it possible they're testing tuning options on their most popular combos? Not sure what the participation numbers are for any of these but would make sense from a control/test perspective. It could be a way to diminish the "guess I'll be running 'xxxxx' at 'xxxxx' again" that seems so frequent. This, in turn, could foster a truly competitive manufacturers season of sorts. From what I've seen/experienced, it seems to be producing more podium variety already.

Repetition may suck, but I'll throw a silver lining on it and hope they're building something cool (pragmatist in me says 'nope')....aaaaaand get back to racing. Lovin' B. 👍

:cheers:

Is it possible they're testing tuning options on their most popular combos? Not sure what the participation numbers are for any of these but would make sense from a control/test perspective. It could be a way to diminish the "guess I'll be running 'xxxxx' at 'xxxxx' again" that seems so frequent. This, in turn, could foster a truly competitive manufacturers season of sorts. From what I've seen/experienced, it seems to be producing more podium variety already.

Repetition may suck, but I'll throw a silver lining on it and hope they're building something cool (pragmatist in me says 'nope')....aaaaaand get back to racing. Lovin' B. 👍

:cheers:

Whatever their reasoning, I think limited tuning is cool. I had no clue I preferred a car with a touch of understeer until they started letting us turn some wrenches

Last edited:
That's what I'm assuming. It's my understanding that there's literally 1 guy who works on the online events so if they're all hands on deck working on an update, he's probably just chosen to do whatever he could get out quickly.
I guess having a minimal staff for sorting daily races would make sense as it only needs doing once a week (why they've still not changed the name to weekly races is beyond me). But even then there could be some additional variation within the groups. Group C care only, LMP1 non hybrid only, FF only GR4 (they'd need to balance the new Mazda 3 a little better for that sort of thing though). It'll get people using different cars and just change things up a little.

I don't understand the lack of track variation within what's already in the game though. Road Atlanta Short, Tsukuba Short/using that coned off corner that's physically right there, modelled in and everything but isn't used. It offers just that bit more variation with minimal work. Hell, give us stupid combinations that make zero sense but are different like Super Formula at Broad Bean raceway or something.

A bit off topic but last night I did not race as I found a program of Amazon Prime called Hoopties that was quite entertaining and I would recommend a watch if you have 63 minutes free. It's about three teams that end up competing in the 24hrs of Lemons where the race cars have to be under $500 of value.

It made me think that it would be fun if GT7 did something like this in one of the sport races to mix things up. Have a race C with pits and weather but the cars have to come from the UCD and be under a certain value based on current UCD trade in valuation. Tuning should be allowed but PP could not exceed a certain value (say 300PP). Something like that. That could lead to a very interesting race. Perhaps it would be a disaster but it would be a shake up from the repetition that is currently going on.

Of course that will never happen, but still, it might be fun or tortuous. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Anyone have a race where their car just didn't act like normal? I just had a race at Atlanta. First off, it hung for about 2 minutes while the game was trying to let a 15th player into the game. After about 2 minutes, he got booted.

Once the race started, my Genesis just plain acted strange. It didn't respond at all like it does when I run qualifying. I've got 2100+ games under my belt, so trust me when I say this isn't the normal "full gas tank", "cold tires" thing.

Mostly, it didn't brake like normal, which caused problems with everything else. It was like driving a car with worn-out brake pads. It also didn't decel like normal, although that could be related to the brakes not slowing me down enough.

I finally had to just quit the race. And I'll reboot my PS5. But I checked the pedal calibration, and it looked normal. I had just driven about 45 minutes of qualifying, so I wasn't "cold" or anything like that. And although I don't think it matters in Sport races, my car doesn't need an oil change or anything like that.

Very strange.

The only time I had an issue like that was when the brake force setting on my wheel was reset to a higher value so it felt like the car had no brakes compared to what force I would usually apply.

That was with Fanatec. Perhaps something to look at with your Logitech Pro?

Anyone have a race where their car just didn't act like normal? I just had a race at Atlanta. First off, it hung for about 2 minutes while the game was trying to let a 15th player into the game. After about 2 minutes, he got booted.

Once the race started, my Genesis just plain acted strange. It didn't respond at all like it does when I run qualifying. I've got 2100+ games under my belt, so trust me when I say this isn't the normal "full gas tank", "cold tires" thing.

Mostly, it didn't brake like normal, which caused problems with everything else. It was like driving a car with worn-out brake pads. It also didn't decel like normal, although that could be related to the brakes not slowing me down enough.

I finally had to just quit the race. And I'll reboot my PS5. But I checked the pedal calibration, and it looked normal. I had just driven about 45 minutes of qualifying, so I wasn't "cold" or anything like that. And although I don't think it matters in Sport races, my car doesn't need an oil change or anything like that.

Very strange.
Its latency in the lobby had exactly the same thing last night. Coast me 4 wins from pole.

Its latency in the lobby had exactly the same thing last night. Coast me 4 wins from pole.
That makes total sense. If I hadn't done so much qualifying before the race, I would have just chalked it up to me sucking more than usual. But it was more than that. So your explanation sounds good to me.

Thanks!

I only got a chance to do maybe a dozen Race B’s this week. But in maybe 1/4 of them, I got a weird sound glitch that I had never seen before just before the lobby loading screen came on. But nothing like you speak of

They made a bunch of changes to the PP system to try to eliminate a lot of the exploits. I do think it's at least worth a try to see if those changes have had the desired effect. This week's Race A is probably part 1 of that experiment with a single car, hopefully we can move on to part 2 at some point. It's Gran Turismo, there should be some room for tuning and choice in online play as well.

I watched a video from Kireth from about a week ago and half-way through he mentioned that being involved in the movie and meeting some PD insiders at the locations, he found out that PD have actually stopped supporting GT7 in terms of proper updates/ additions!!

He said that just cars will continue to be pumped out but in terms of major updates, such as true changes to Sport Mode, proper single player additions (like the Missions) and tracks are pretty much done and dusted and focus in PD is on another project 🚽 🥲 If true, I have no words... It's only been 18 or so months into a game which should, on paper, have at least 5 years lifespan of continous evolution! They don't give a damn about Forza releasing or making existing customers happy...

He also mentioned, which I do agree with, that he did get the 70 EUR worth he paid for the game but jesus... I would not mind having to pay 10 or 20 more for a significant update if they want to hide it behind a paywall... Give me at lest 5 new, decent tracks, additional Missions which are actually worth the time investment, fix sport mode and add more recent GT cars and you can take my money with as smile!!!

I watched a video from Kireth from about a week ago and half-way through he mentioned that being involved in the movie and meeting some PD insiders at the locations, he found out that PD have actually stopped supporting GT7 in terms of proper updates/ additions!!

He said that just cars will continue to be pumped out but in terms of major updates, such as true changes to Sport Mode, proper single player additions (like the Missions) and tracks are pretty much done and dusted and focus in PD is on another project 🚽 🥲 If true, I have no words... It's only been 18 or so months into a game which should, on paper, have at least 5 years lifespan of continous evolution! They don't give a damn about Forza releasing or making existing customers happy...

He also mentioned, which I do agree with, that he did get the 70 EUR worth he paid for the game but jesus... I would not mind having to pay 10 or 20 more for a significant update if they want to hide it behind a paywall... Give me at lest 5 new, decent tracks, additional Missions which are actually worth the time investment, fix sport mode and add more recent GT cars and you can take my money with as smile!!!
Lol don't listen to a word he says, it's all rubbish. Not a word of truth.

Bohemian Rhapsody Silhouette GIF by Queen

he mentioned that being involved in the movie and meeting some PD insiders at the locations
Bohemian Rhapsody Fantasy GIF by Queen

I know his videos usually are meh and almost always has clickbait titles but he stayed on subject for about a minute or two so I posted what I heard 😅 Hope he is wrong but with PD, you never really know! I mean, we got a friggin bus and equivalent race in Monza not too long ago so..... 😂

I know his videos usually are meh and almost always has clickbait titles but he stayed on subject for about a minute or two so I posted what I heard 😅 Hope he is wrong but with PD, you never really know! I mean, we got a friggin bus and equivalent race in Monza not too long ago so..... 😂
Don't worry lol, he's wrong. He'll do anything to get people sayings things to spread 'word' and flock to his videos. He's good at playing the YouTube game, but don't ever take his word as fact.

I have maybe some time to jump on race B, but i see there is some tuning involved, which makes me feel quite uncomfortable and requires some time instead of just jump in.

Is it right feeling, or it really minor setup ?
Thanks

zjn
I have maybe some time to jump on race B, but i see there is some tuning involved, which makes me feel quite uncomfortable and requires some time instead of just jump in.

Thanks
I almost never bother with the tuning, unless someone shares a tuning here. I'd rather spend the time on playing the game.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't mess with tuning - I'm just letting you know that you can just race if you want to, and still have a good time.

zjn

Thanks
Depending on level tuning isn't required to be competitive in B.

Largely the tuning is minor suspension tweaks. No difference in my QT and I have tweaked a few thing before some races to help tame some of the oversteer in the M6 as I'm to rough with the throttle in my first few races of the day.

zjn

Thanks
Most of the suspension settings for Group 3 cars from here work well:-

This will save time for you 🙂

The suspension changes does not carry over between races anyway. If you haven't made the setup in warm up you have default settings.
At least that's how my car is

Back