GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
I’ve been gradually improving my B QT and I’m currently at 1:18.441.

Then on one session my first lap was 1:18.550 and on track for lap 2 going up the hill I was over 0.6s ahead. I was on pace for that 🦄 1:17.x. All I had to do was not faff up the chicane.

GT7 (raw) | Daily Race B QT 23-41 | So close to getting into the 1:17s...

angry inner circle GIF

Playing devils advocate, you can see him better than he can see you in that selection of screenshots.

You had your nose in but could have backed off.

A clean move is along side, not the rear quarter.

It's not a move would have committed to personally but it's devils advocate from my part
Absolutely right, I had no one to blame but myself. And I turned off to let him have the room, but he probably didn't expect that so ran himself off

I further improved my QT for B down to 1:18.359 but I was never able to get close to that teased 1:17.x I nearly got earlier in the night. I decided to jump into a few races as if I hadn't after a couple of hours of practice I would have just became a sad pathetic excuse of a human :lol:

The QT did not help with my position though! Holy crapola! My first lobby. A 1:18.359 is only good enough for 11th.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231018215125 copy.jpg

The race does not go well. First lap, turn 5, I get caught out by the car and it power oversteers off track slipping me down to 15th which becomes last after P16 does the same and quits. I'm able to catch up with the pack but end up finishing 12th running out of laps for any further gains.

Race 2 was a much easier lobby that was mixed A/B. First 1/2 lap an I felt it was incredible slow and I was being held up. Frustration must have got to me as I spun out at turn 7 down to last. At the time, I thought I was punted by the car behind but on replay it looks like I must have dumped too much throttle and power oversteered it into the wall. In the end I finished 11th.

Last race of the night and I get a much tougher all A lobby again. By this time I'd learnt that the car with full fuel handles quite differently than the qualifying car. I keep it clean and gain 5 spots to finish 7th. On lap 1 I climb to 10th and lap 2 I am up to 6. Then for four laps I have a good race with p7 who is constantly .3 to .6 seconds behind me but in the end on lap 6 they were able to get the run on me on the uphill. It was a clean move into turn 10 and I slot in behind for 7th which is where I finish. Here are the highlights.

In the end I lost 4% for the night but with my first race gain on Tuesday I am still at at 24% DR A. A bit lower than my peak of 36% but that was unrealistic. I feel I can have the pace in race for mid pack finishes, if I can keep it clean. All my lower finishes so far have been as a result of incidents. Either punts or my own failings. So I'm hoping that I will bob around in the teens/low 20% DR for a bit as I built my skill with this higher competitive lobby.

If that does not work I'll see you in the B lobbies again 👋

Last edited:
In the end I lost 4% for the night but with my first race gain on Tuesday I am still at at 24% DR A. A bit lower than my peak of 36% but that was unrealistic. I feel I can have the pace in race for mid pack finishes, if I can keep it clean. All my lower finishes so have have been as a result of incidents. Either punts or my own failings. So I'm hoping that I will bob around in the teens/low 20% DR for a bit as I built my skill with this higher competitive lobby.

If that does not work I'll see you in the B lobbies again 👋
Right there with you, buddy! Although "only" DR A at 20%.
but I don't really care about the final result.
I... um... ... I have no words for that. :boggled:

I... um... ... I have no words for that. :boggled:
It's a shocking concept, I know.
I don't bother doing more than about 2 qualification laps, I don't keep track of my DR, I don't care if I come first (ha, yeah right, that's not happening) or last.
I just race - but not at Atlanta, not going near that hellhole of a track.

Getting a few last races in tonight. Something spidery is out at midnight and that will consume the rest of my gaming time this year.

I had some fantastic races on Monday. Managed to really bump my DR up and got most of the way back to A+ and had a couple of fantastic runs with GOTMAXPOWER. Tried again on Tuesday and it was awful, I didn't get one clean race. Tried racing on both EU and US servers but I was just constantly getting tangled up with people and sent off the track. Didn't bother yesterday at all because of that but had another go this morning and the racing was as good as Monday. I managed to also drop my quali time from a 1:18.3XX to in the 2020 AMG to a 1:17.9XX in the M6 Endurance car.

Not a fan of Catalunya (regardless of layout) so I've not bothered with race C this week. Plus I noticed that SR now tracks in race A, only DR isn't affected. When was that change made?

Plus I noticed that SR now tracks in race A, only DR isn't affected. When was that change made?
This week.

But also two and four weeks before that. It's been alternating between No DR/SR and No DR over the last five weeks.

This week.

But also two and four weeks before that. It's been alternating between No DR/SR and No DR over the last five weeks.
I never usually pay any attention to race A so that would explain why I never noticed for so long. Seems strange that it would alternate though, surely just having it fixed would be the best thing to do

I never usually pay any attention to race A so that would explain why I never noticed for so long. Seems strange that it would alternate though, surely just having it fixed would be the best thing to do
It has been solidly fixed since May 2022, up until the last few weeks. I guess they're just trying something out.

Something similar could be said for Races B/C, which are allowing different aspects of the suspension to be tuned each week.

We do a Daily Races article every Monday morning so that nobody's going into these races and getting a surprise:

Next week looking to be another dupe week.

A is Alsace Test Course Reverse on Cs - presumably the Sambabus again.
B is Interlagos on RH, presumably Gr.3
C is Maggiore Reverse, RM RS, x7 tyre x2 fuel - presumably the Gr.2 event again (same multipliers)

This will be a copy from:
  • A is from the week of 27th March (all 2023)
  • B is from 6th March
  • C is from 20th Feb

Safe to say they stopped cooking! One week of non-repeats is all we get. I am actually a bit concerned with how often they are recycling things now. It's worryingly often.

C is Maggiore Reverse, RM RS, x7 tyre x2 fuel - presumably the Gr.2 event again (same multipliers)

• B is from 6th March
  • C is from 20th Feb

Safe to say they stopped cooking! One week of non-repeats is all we get. I am actually a bit concerned with how often they are recycling things now. It's worryingly often.
Is there a list somewhere of all the sport races in GT7's history? I'd be curious of the track/combos they have never used.

The internet is sometimes a wonderful thing. So these are all the tracks that have never been used in any format.

Blue Moon Bay Speedway | Full Course
Blue Moon Bay Speedway | Full Course Reverse
Blue Moon Bay Speedway | Infield A
Blue Moon Bay Speedway | Infield B
Blue Moon Bay Speedway | Infield B Reverse
Broad Bean Raceway | Full Course
Broad Bean Raceway | Full Course Reverse
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya | National Layout
Circuit de Sainte-Croix | Layout A Reverse
Circuit de Sainte-Croix | Layout B Reverse
Circuit de Sainte-Croix | Layout C
Circuit de Sainte-Croix | Layout C Reverse
Colorado Springs | Lake Reverse
Fishermans Ranch | Full Course
Fishermans Ranch | Full Course Reverse
Grand Valley | Highway 1 - Reverse
Grand Valley | South - Reverse
High Speed Ring | Full Course Reverse
Northern Isle Speedway
Nürburgring | Endurance Layout
Sardegna - Windmills | Full Course Reverse
Tokyo Expressway | Central Counterclockwise
Tokyo Expressway | East Counterclockwise
Tokyo Expressway | South Clockwise
Tokyo Expressway | South Counterclockwise
Willow Springs International Raceway | Horse Thief Mile
Willow Springs International Raceway | Horse Thief Mile Reverse
Willow Springs International Raceway | Streets of Willow Springs Reverse

While some are rally tracks (could still use it for a Race A) I have to feel that there should be opportunity here for something a little more creative, like I am really surprised the Grand Valley reverse tracks have not had races yet.

EDIT: I guess some of these, like Blue Moon and BroadBean get used for time trials.

Last edited:
First world problems but literally thrown 4 pole positions away today, and what I can't understand is why off the back of 30 laps prior to racing TODAY is how differently the car handles.

Absolutely get lap 1 & 2 cold tires but QT is full fuel. It is crazy how much difference connection speed makes to my acceleration points and throttle modulation. Its like a different car

Took a break from racing to try and improve my starting position for Race B. I can get my optimal time into the 1:17s, so the raw speed is there, I just can't put together all those sectors on one lap yet. Don't think it's going to happen for me this week. On the plus side, I've been able to get my best race laps down to 1:18.5 which is keeping me competitive in the races that I don't bin it!

Last edited:

• B is from 6th March
  • C is from 20th Feb

Sweet!
I'll be away from home, on a hunting trip next week. 🦌
I won't be bothered at all, by missing those combos.

Absolutely get lap 1 & 2 cold tires but QT is full fuel. It is crazy how much difference connection speed makes to my acceleration points and throttle modulation. Its like a different car
I agree the car between QT and race feels and handles differently. It's certainly thrown me off.

Regarding the fuel, my understanding from prior discussion is that the 100 unit fuel "load" in QT is fictional. Basically, the car has minimum fuel for a QT that never changes - it's a light as it gets and the fuel gauge never changes. Then in race the fuel gauge really is 100 units so the car is a lot heavier. This is one reason I can never match my QT time in race.

Find the car you're driving, adjust what you can under BOP restrictions, see how you like it.

Nice rig. I'd still recommend changing the seat out when you can.
Thanks for sharing this link....and wow, the 911 is completely different now. I still have to adjust to the set-up but think it will be strong once I do. Was within a tenth or so of my current best within the three laps I ran so there's definitely potential.

I was running:
Dampers - Front: 23/33 Rear: 26/36
Bars - 4/4

Praianos tune is (911 RSR '17 - all tracks):
Dampers - Front: 36/46 Rear: 37/47
Bars - 9/9 (F/R)

I thought it was gonna be skitish, and it does feel a bit tense, but it is VERY planted. I no longer dread WOT in the final chicane. 😁

:cheers:

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't remember which one of the 911 tunes I was running. Updated with correct values.

Last edited:
I dropped my qualifying time by a tenth to a 1:18.8XX which actually made a huge difference where I started. It was easily 5-8 potions difference in the 2 races I did this afternoon.

Race 1 put me in P6 to start. I would have been around P10 or so if I remember correctly with my old time. The opening laps were great with nice tight clean racing. I did have to take evasive maneuvers mid race as not to send a car in the "Roxy" Porsche livery into the gravel in the final chicane. It dropped me from P6 to P11 and I couldn't catch up after that. I get to P9 in the end.

My final race put me in P4 top start. More tight clean racing for the opening laps and I'm having a blast. A driver gets into the back of me entering turn 7 and sends me off line. Then they used me as brake to make a pass. I put on my Dale Sr. hat and give them a quick tap and dump them on the exit of the turn. A jerk move by me, yes. But I think you shouldn't make a pass like that. I finish P6 in the end.

I decide to end my day early so I don't get the "red mist" and retaliate some people who may have not deserved it. I think I also may have burned myself out on this race as this is the most races I've done in a long time. Still a great combo and I'm having fun with the clean battles I've had.

This week at Road Atlanta has been great. The only times that I've done poorly is of my own doing, everyone's been clean around me and my pace keeps improving, at least in the actual race.

I've bumped up my driver rating to the highest I've ever had it and maybe I'll stick around in A for awhile!

I don't want it to end, but I've got to go to work this evening and for the weekend. Oh well.

Last edited:

If they are just going to copy/paste they could atleast give us more of the same. Put all of the previous races in a bin and update the dallies 2x a week.

IMG_20231019_215841.jpg

I wonder if the stars will align and the race which takes me into unknown territory (A+ wtf?) will be my 1,000th...

Really been feeling the USA these past two weeks. I've learnt a lot at Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta.

It's really amazing how nuanced motorsport is, even on a video game. I never, ever thought it would be possible for me to reach the highest tier. Even 2,000 races into GTS, reaching DR A was a huge achievement.

I even declared my apathy towards driver rating s couple of months ago!

I dropped my qualifying time by a tenth to a 1:18.8XX which actually made a huge difference where I started. It was easily 5-8 potions difference in the 2 races I did this afternoon.

Race 1 put me in P6 to start. I would have been around P10 or so if I remember correctly with my old time. The opening laps were great with nice tight clean racing. I did have to take evasive maneuvers mid race as not to send a car in the "Roxy" Porsche livery into the gravel in the final chicane. It dropped me from P6 to P11 and I couldn't catch up after that. I get to P9 in the end.

My final race put me in P4 top start. More tight clean racing for the opening laps and I'm having a blast. A driver gets into the back of me entering turn 7 and sends me off line. Then they used me as brake to make a pass. I put on my Dale Sr. hat and give them a quick tap and dump them on the exit of the turn. A jerk move by me, yes. But I think you shouldn't make a pass like that. I finish P6 in the end.

I decide to end my day early so I don't get the "red mist" and retaliate some people who may have not deserved it. I think I also may have burned myself out on this race as this is the most races I've done in a long time. Still a great combo and I'm having fun with the clean battles I've had.
This report is hugely appreciated! 👍

I was hesitant to dive into a race, my qualifier is right around yours and I wasn't in the mood (yet) for a race-from-the-back episode of Deathrace 2023. Sounds like I might fare mid-pack or better so that's encouraging.

As to donning your Dale cap, I feel your pain. I'll give people a free swipe or two, depending on scenario. Once doosh status is verified, forgetting to account for your 14 or so feet of existence into the next brake zone is bound to happen. :cheers:

• B is from 6th March
  • C is from 20th Feb

Could be their attention has been focused on the Gordon Ramsey Update due this month and have left the daily races to the microwave.

Latest Posts

Back