GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Honestly not sure how I feel about this. It seems a bit like the equivalent of purposeful DR resets so people can go seal clubbing against lower ranked drivers. :confused:
I think it depends on how likely it is you'll end up back in your previous rating anyway.

I've made it to an A rating a couple of times, as a result of a freak string of good results at particular tracks (from my lifelong mid-B rating). When it's happened, I've slipped back to B very quickly, without the need for intentional tanking!

I've currently got the reverse problem - trying to stop falling back to C DR, a place I haven't been for a long time. Everybody else seems to have suddenly got a lot faster!

I think the track, by itself, is interesting - even if I'm not good at it. But in the actual races, it seems everyone is bound and determined to pass on the inside of all those curves in the middle of the track.

The last race I did, after about lap 3 I finally started to defend those corners by always staying on the inside. That seems to work, because it's next to impossible to take the outside line and pass someone. But I'll need to run some Q laps to learn how to drive those lines as efficiently as possible. In the last race I started piling up people behind me because I was so slow on those corners. But nobody passed me unless I screwed up the last turn leading to the back stretch.
Use the Ferrari. Then it's nearly impossible to get dive-bombed because you can brake about 7 minutes later than everybody else. It is extremely sharp on the brakes, just have to be careful as it's a little easier to lock up than other cars.

I think it depends on how likely it is you'll end up back in your previous rating anyway.

I've made it to an A rating a couple of times, as a result of a freak string of good results at particular tracks (from my lifelong mid-B rating). When it's happened, I've slipped back to B very quickly, without the need for intentional tanking!

I've currently got the reverse problem - trying to stop falling back to C DR, a place I haven't been for a long time. Everybody else seems to have suddenly got a lot faster!
I feel the same. I slipped briefly into DR C a few months ago. Since then I haven't raced much in an effort to conserve my GT2 status. So mostly GTWS races and an odd daily that takes my fancy. There has been a big jump in race pace from GTS and I have only done a baby step. In between having other things to do GT7 has fallen down the list a little. I try and get on every week. But outside the GTWS I mainly play single player as it doesn't effect my DR.
A: Willow Horseshoe
B: Red Bull Ring
C. Spa
Source?

Pulled from the event listings, same way we get every piece of daily race info.

C is 8x tyre 1x fuel, RM RS,
B is on RH.
A is on SM.

Doesn't take much imagination to guess what the cars will be.

Last edited:
I feel the same. I slipped briefly into DR C a few months ago. Since then I haven't raced much in an effort to conserve my GT2 status. So mostly GTWS races and an odd daily that takes my fancy. There has been a big jump in race pace from GTS and I have only done a baby step. In between having other things to do GT7 has fallen down the list a little. I try and get on every week. But outside the GTWS I mainly play single player as it doesn't effect my DR.

Source?
Maybe...?

Honestly not sure how I feel about this. It seems a bit like the equivalent of purposeful DR resets so people can go seal clubbing against lower ranked drivers. :confused:
Whole thing kinda brings to light how we define 'competitive' differently. I've been hovering in low/mid A after converting from GTS a couple hundred races ago. I've only landed a handful of wins but am running a +/-40% top 5 average, which I'm really happy about. I've seen my DR overlooking the valley of B, only to bring it back up to 50% or more and then barrel towards the cliff again. In my mind, this is a natural progression. I don't think I need to landmine my progress as it seems to keep me at the level I've earned and is commensurate with my sometimes ham-fisted approach to driving.😁

So, when the grid for the daily builds-out (I'm lookin' at all of ya'), who are YOU competing with? For me, it's anyone behind me + the next couple of people in front of me. If I Q'd at 10th, 9th/8th are my goal. Beyond that is bonus material. In that situation, though, I do not consider myself to be 'competing' with the podium sitters that (likely) have more than a second on my QT. Unless they screw-up there's no quantifiable reason I should ever catch 'em. That's dictated by the numbers. It's different if the entire lobby is only separated by a second or less, but I've not seen that happen a whole lot.

I guess my point is, I don't approach all races as they are meant to be won. For me, being 'competitive' could well mean a scorching 11th place finish because I started 15th. My driving skillz + rating (A/S) mean this is my racing life...for now. If I couldn't find a way to be content with/justify double-digit finishes, I'd likely not continue to play so this is my method, lol.

One day, many moons from now when I grow-up, imma b competitive-er.🤣

:cheers:

Last edited:
I completely understand what you're saying. But the truth is, I'm not an A driver. The only reason I was up there to begin with is because of all the glitched races that were happening. I kept ending up in a lobby with 2-4 other cars, which automatically gave me inflated DR results.

Over the course of the last year, I've generally been a DR B. I put in a lot of work to get good QTs, which usually places me high up in the lobbies. Then I hold on for dear life and hope I can keep the position. I almost never, repeat never, improve my position during the races except by attrition.

So it's not seal-clubbing - it's where I belong.
Use the Ferrari. Then it's nearly impossible to get dive-bombed because you can brake about 7 minutes later than everybody else. It is extremely sharp on the brakes, just have to be careful as it's a little easier to lock up than other cars.
Awesome - I'll give it a shot. Sounds like just what I need. Thanks!

Much against my weak will power I've tried or am still trying daily race B now.

Firstly a caveat I've upgraded/sideways moved from a tgt2 to the dd pro both loadcell versions. As a side note the TLCM pedals are so much better and the tm Wheel is a much nicer thing than the fanatec one with its plastic clicking buttons vs metal and leather!

But back to the topic, Interlagos is an extremely bumpy track and DD highlights that for me a lot more, personally I don't like the excessive feedback like that.

The races are either or. Either a complete cluster something or you run away and follow someone for 8 mins there is no in between so far....

Well this was a weird welcome back to Sport Mode.... I had zero time to play this week, aside from maybe an hour Monday. Tried the RCZ at Interlagos as I like it and set a 1:33:1 before the race - good enough for P15 😂

HOWEVER...

Within 30 seconds of the race start, I found myself in P7!!! There was some lag or issue in turn one and I slightly bumped a car but no harm done. The cause was that one driver took out half the lobby in 4 corners and you know what? He only got a half-second penalty for all that!! I overtook him as he served it and was in P6 and after surviving 2 attempts of him trying to take me out (quite proud of one I avoided) he got the better of me on Lap 4 by basically not braking at the end of sector 1 and punting me off!

I somehow didn't spin and managed to control the car as he drove away SCOTT-FREE and with damage, I managed to hold off a slightly aggressive attempt by P8 behind me as he tried to take advantage. Finished P7 and of course, I lost my Clean Bonus from that shunt.

Wow... Time to go back to Spider-Man...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 18.07.25.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 18.07.25.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 18.07.24 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 18.07.24 (1).jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 18.07.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-27 at 18.07.24.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Whole thing kinda brings to light how we define 'competitive' differently. I've been hovering in low/mid A after converting from GTS a couple hundred races ago. I've only landed a handful of wins but am running a +/-40% top 5 average, which I'm really happy about. I've seen my DR overlooking the valley of B, only to bring it back up to 50% or more and then barrel towards the cliff again. In my mind, this is a natural progression. I don't think I need to landmine my progress as it seems to keep me at the level I've earned and is commensurate with my sometimes ham-fisted approach to driving.😁

So, when the grid for the daily builds-out (I'm lookin' at all of ya'), who are YOU competing with? For me, it's anyone behind me + the next couple of people in front of me. If I Q'd at 10th, 9th/8th are my goal. Beyond that is bonus material. In that situation, though, I do not consider myself to be 'competing' with the podium sitters that (likely) have more than a second on my QT. Unless they screw-up there's no quantifiable reason I should ever catch 'em. That's dictated by the numbers. It's different if the entire lobby is only separated by a second or less, but I've not seen that happen a whole lot.

I guess my point is, I don't approach all races as they are meant to be won. For me, being 'competitive' could well mean a scorching 11th place finish because I started 15th. My driving skillz + rating (A/S) mean this is my racing life...for now. If I couldn't find a way to be content with/justify double-digit finishes, I'd likely not continue to play so this is my method, lol.

One day, many moons from now when I grow-up, imma b competitive-er.🤣

:cheers:
Thanks, saved me the time to type the same opinion, but probably be less good at expressing it

Daily B is....I mean is....errrrr....

I don't know how to describe the experience to be honest.

Having avoided it all week so not set the world on fire QT I thought starting fourth was not to bad.

But would you believe it I was overtaken in the first corner by someone in 12th. I know the rolling starts are fractionally closer (30m one maybe) but ya know, if there is a gap and all that bollocks they believe...

Only goes downhill from there.

I approach every corner thinking to I take the right line? Do hug the inside where the last of the last of the late breakers will be? Do I brake early to avoid the drama and get rear ended by the guy 1 second back?

And no matter which one you pick all three are the outcome.

It's a surreal experience for someone that thinks contact is avoidable mostly and that you can actually use the brakes and still be fast

If you're going to end up back in DR B anyway, just use your time in DR A to learn while losing if you're not going to win. I see a lot of talk about alt accounts and also this de-ranking stuff too. Would be clearly considered smurfing in any other game. End up where you end up, you're not supposed to be on the podium every race and taking intentional DNFs is sketchy. So is using alt accounts that are not in the same ranking class as your main account.

Daily B is....I mean is....errrrr....

I don't know how to describe the experience to be honest.

Having avoided it all week so not set the world on fire QT I thought starting fourth was not to bad.

But would you believe it I was overtaken in the first corner by someone in 12th. I know the rolling starts are fractionally closer (30m one maybe) but ya know, if there is a gap and all that bollocks they believe...

Only goes downhill from there.

I approach every corner thinking to I take the right line? Do hug the inside where the last of the last of the late breakers will be? Do I brake early to avoid the drama and get rear ended by the guy 1 second back?

And no matter which one you pick all three are the outcome.

It's a surreal experience for someone that thinks contact is avoidable mostly and that you can actually use the brakes and still be fast

Had to learn fast myself, see 2 posts above. What I found is 2 options:

1 - If car behind is extremely close heading into the braking zone T1, pull right and trail-brake to see villain heading off track after missing you!

2 - If they're within 0.4s it means you won't turn in on time without being collected. Stay as left as you can on the inside and knowing you're about to be punted, brake and shift down early and be ready to counter steer once hit!

That's how I managed to survive!

Last edited:
In my book every corner you can make without using the other car as a barrier is fair game
If we didn't allow this kind of pass we would kill racing. It's a high risk move.but it's legit.
The price you pay for it is having a slow exit. And setting your self up for the cutback.
I just wanted to let you all get a look at a long discussion about the kind of move @GrumpyOldMan showed in the video.
This was in GTS but there's no difference from this viewpoint

I just wanted to let you all get a look at a long discussion about the kind of move @GrumpyOldMan showed in the video.
This was in GTS but there's no difference from this viewpoint

Usually race nearly 10 races or more a day....

Racing is racing. Standards vary.

Pulled from the event listings, same way we get every piece of daily race info.

C is 8x tyre 1x fuel, RM RS,
B is on RH.
A is on SM.

Doesn't take much imagination to guess what the cars will be.
And where are those event listings? Gone are the days it popped up on Kudos.

And where are those event listings? Gone are the days it popped up on Kudos.
The GT website. Anywhere you see that sources them uses a data scraper to pull event ID's when they get uploaded to the website, and the accessible event details of these ID's are what is posted.
I get my info from a Discord bot, but there's probably websites etc. around that host the same info.

After another 2-3 month hiatus I got blessed to work a few days from home this week so I been putting in a ubsurd amount of hrs on Daily Race B interlagos a track that honestly just gets under my skin.

I really wanted to use the Huracan since I seen it at the top of quali but the best lap I could manage was a 1:34.3xx

I eventually gave up and just jumped in the 911 which seems to suit my driving style well. I was able to manage a 1:33.324 after a few laps

IMG_3513.jpeg

Jumped into a race and got absolutely demolished. Started low B and ended up mid C after 5 races my best finish was a p10. My 6th and last race I was able to keep it on track and ended p2 from pole. My race pace just isn’t there and I gotta get up to speed with driving in traffic again.

IMG_3512.jpeg

Much against my weak will power I've tried or am still trying daily race B now.
LOL, you sound like me. "I will never do that again!" 2 hours later, and I'm back at it.
But back to the topic, Interlagos is an extremely bumpy track and DD highlights that for me a lot more, personally I don't like the excessive feedback like that.
I know, right? Really bumpy.
Do hug the inside
As someone else said, watch the guy behind you. If he's close enough to dive inside, then hug the corner. Otherwise take your preferred line.
If you're going to end up back in DR B anyway, just use your time in DR A to learn while losing if you're not going to win. I see a lot of talk about alt accounts and also this de-ranking stuff too. Would be clearly considered smurfing in any other game. End up where you end up, you're not supposed to be on the podium every race and taking intentional DNFs is sketchy. So is using alt accounts that are not in the same ranking class as your main account.
I don't disagree with what you're saying here. The only thing is, my DR A was artificially produced by the game when it had all those glitches. I mean, I got up to DR A at 40%. That is a total joke. I'm not that driver. For instance, I use all the assists, almost all the time. I truly am a B driver, and that's fine. The only thing I learned from starting P12 and finishing P15 is that yes, I'm not a DR A driver.

But here's the bottom line: It's a game, and I play it to have fun. That's it. Yes, I like to keep track of stats, because that's who I am. But if I'm not having fun, then why play? So if DNFing a couple of races brings back the fun, then I'm going to do it. I worked for most of my life doing things I had to do, even if they weren't fun. I'm retired now, and gosh darn it, it's my time to have fun. I earned it!

Broke into the 1:32:8s now at Interlagos. By the time the replay uploaded to YouTube, a certain @Nebuc72 already beat my time by 0.1s 🤣 I refuse to take a screenshot of that for at least 30 more minutes 🤣

** UPDATE **

Took a peek and the gap to Nebu is now 0.3s 😭🤪

Attachments

• 18b76e9a2d729-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b76e9a2d729-screenshotUrl.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Why is Interlagos so dive bomb or push to pass heavy?

Serious question. The undulations aren't as dramatic as spa or RBR. The straights aren't deep valley. The track isn't AS narrow as Laguna.

I just don't understand how behaviour deviates so much from the other B races. Maybe not deviates but becomes much more visible???

Serious question. The undulations aren't as dramatic as spa or RBR. The straights aren't deep valley. The track isn't AS narrow as Laguna.

I just don't understand how behaviour deviates so much from the other B races. Maybe not deviates but becomes much more visible???
Use a car that’s sharp on the brakes (Ferrari) so that you can brake later, which will mostly solve the dive bombing. It’s a track full of heavy braking zones and overtaking spots, so of course it lends itself to that. None of the other tracks you listed are remotely similar in that sense.

Bro look at my race replay a few posts above! Dude took out 5 cars + me and only got a 0.5 pen in total. Broken logic and PD still don't care...

Did 2 quick races (Interlagos) before F1 qualy started and I am annoyed, even though I finished +4 positions in both races...

Race 1 - I overtook someone after he went wide. He turned into me on the inside and we made slight contact on the side so neither of us had issues. However, he could not live with it so next corner, he basically slammed full on into me. I was sent to the barriers but kept control, he got a 4s pen and I was overtaken by 3 others but managed to peg back 2 positions before we crossed the finish line.

Race 2 - Started P15 with a 1:33:2 and was in P10 after a few smart overtakes by the start of lap 3. Then, the 2 ahead of me collide, one spins off track and returns onto the racing line sideways on the first chicane T2. Instead of being ghosted, he remained "solid" and straight" into my path... 4 second penalty for me!

He was absolutely at ZERO % fault as not in control but the game screwed up what should have been an obvious ghost. He even let me through after I served my pen (hats off to you, sir) and I still managed a few more passes but still, was just 3 seconds behind P1 when this happened and half a race left so had high hopes but game is dumb....

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 23.06.49 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 23.06.49 (1).jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 23.06.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-28 at 23.06.49.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 10
I did some practice and decided to do some race B today, but on my UK account which is mid B.

Got my QT into the 1:33.2s which is faster than my US account and first race I was 3rd. That race went pretty smoothly except I dropped to fourth at the first hairpin after getting slowed by P2 and P4 was able to jump me on the inside - cleanly. After that it was a good race to finish 4th.

Second race was a much faster field with some DR A mixed in and I was Q12. I dropped to thirteenth but then worked my way up to a comfortable 8th only to spin in the S section. That dropped me to 11th which is where I finished. However, apart from my mistake that was actually a fantastic race and was my most enjoyable of the afternoon.

Last race I started Q2 and stayed there to the end to come in 2nd. I was unable to match the leaders pace but Q3 was no threat either.

All in all, the racing was clean. I swear that mid B is the place to race!

Perhaps I might try my US account tonight and lower my DR….

BTW the Ferrari (BB+2) is fantastic on this track. Sweet handler!

Last edited:
I think the track, by itself, is interesting - even if I'm not good at it. But in the actual races, it seems everyone is bound and determined to pass on the inside of all those curves in the middle of the track.

The last race I did, after about lap 3 I finally started to defend those corners by always staying on the inside. That seems to work, because it's next to impossible to take the outside line and pass someone. But I'll need to run some Q laps to learn how to drive those lines as efficiently as possible. In the last race I started piling up people behind me because I was so slow on those corners. But nobody passed me unless I screwed up the last turn leading to the back stretch.
And this, "bargers, weavers and punters" is how it's done. An interesting challenge to try and pass someone driving like you if I can keep up that is. Hope to meet you on track.

Broke into the 1:32:8s now at Interlagos. By the time the replay uploaded to YouTube, a certain @Nebuc72 already beat my time by 0.1s 🤣 I refuse to take a screenshot of that for at least 30 more minutes 🤣
I would have loved to watch the video of your run, but since you decided to switch camera views a bunch of times, there's no way I can learn anything from it.

(I typed this yesterday, but apparently I didn't click "Post".)

Back