GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
I got a 1:34 flat pretty much. I think I can get into the 33's if I could string it altogether. I'm rank B.

Last edited:
Most of the time I let the dirty higher ranked drivers pass me, I would rather not wreck my race than to risk passing a position. It does irk me about drivers that want to take advantage of the lower skilled group by punting them off track.
Me too, most the time. Although this week I have had high ranked A+ drivers starting behind me in race B and trying to overtake going through the flat out chicane when they were barely overlapping. I would have let them past , or at least not defended if they were simply patient through those corners and waited for a proper overtaking opportunity (and there are loads of them on this track).

If someone decides to run races without setting a QT, then they should be considerate with how they overtake slower drivers.

Last edited:
Most of you know this already, but for those who don't: Do everyone a favor and check the replay before you assume the worst.

Here's a 30 second clip to show you how someone could assume they were the wronged party, when in reality they were the one at fault. Then to make matters worse, they dive-bombed me for retribution.

This guy is a long-time GT7 player, so he should know better.

It didn't make much difference in the results, at least not for me, but he finished DFL. That doesn't break my heart.

By the way, I had forgotten how much I hate Interlagos.

So, you've gotten a bunch of feedback on this already. I think I'm going to change perspective and pull up to the 50,000 foot view...

This bothers you a lot and has burned a good bit of energy. Not to mention the additional stress that's been induced and the often overlooked (potential) knock-on effects such as snapping at significant others, flipping people off in traffic or yelling at your Barista. None of these things end well, all can be avoided. Two words can solve it all: Move on. To be clear, and no matter how successful I end up being, I'm not actually TRYING to be an ass about this so please hear me out.😁

This wouldn't even have registered on my radar. That looked like a racing incident initially. Turned-in, thought they were clear but weren't. Once the other driver went all Torpedo Jones, well, that was merely the fragments of someone's shattered ego acting up. While I do find these things frustrating, I do NOT find them worth my time, and for the negative fall-out mentioned. Three more beneficial words for an improved GT7 experience: Let it go. (The earworm is a bonus...you're welcome)

One of the reasons I enjoy watching Eeereisss (sp?) and Tidgney (again, sp?, sorry to both y'all) clips is because they're almost always able to shrug stuff off. Being able to get taken-out and continue smiling is an uncommon gift in these circles, and it's one we could all benefit from. That and humility. A big ol' heaping tablespoon of humility. Fact is, we never TRULY KNOW what happens in those milliseconds, meaning all of the subsequent frustration/rage is based on assumptions. Assumptions leave you with an impossible to support hypothesis: I've been wronged. Why waste the energy, just enter another race.

To be clear, I am not some sage burning, hippie hugging peace monger that thinks a 'love-in' is gonna work it out. While an enviable approach, not gonna work in a lobby. Then we'd need a fire pit, drum circle, nitrous, balloons...too much, too complicated.

What's My Point? - How you approach game play is one of the few aspects of a race that is 100% within your realm of control. Leverage that to your benefit and change your perspective. It's fostered many, many more 'smiles per mile' in the game for me. Your results may vary.

:cheers:

PS - Sorry for ramblin'...I'm questioning the ingredients in that brownie I had for breakfast.🤣

EDIT: Forgot to mention...that was a fantastic save/recovery, by the way. 👍

Last edited:
So, you've gotten a bunch of feedback on this already. I think I'm going to change perspective and pull up to the 50,000 foot view...

This bothers you a lot and has burned a good bit of energy. Not to mention the additional stress that's been induced and the often overlooked (potential) knock-on effects such as snapping at significant others, flipping people off in traffic or yelling at your Barista. None of these things end well, all can be avoided. Two words can solve it all: Move on. To be clear, and no matter how successful I end up being, I'm not actually TRYING to be an ass about this so please hear me out.😁

This wouldn't even have registered on my radar. That looked like a racing incident initially. Turned-in, thought they were clear but weren't. Once the other driver went all Torpedo Jones, well, that was merely the fragments of someone's shattered ego acting up. While I do find these things frustrating, I do NOT find them worth my time, and for the negative fall-out mentioned. Three more beneficial words for an improved GT7 experience: Let it go. (The earworm is a bonus...you're welcome)

One of the reasons I enjoy watching Eeereisss (sp?) and Tidgney (again, sp?, sorry to both y'all) clips is because they're almost always able to shrug stuff off. Being able to get taken-out and continue smiling is an uncommon gift in these circles, and it's one we could all benefit from. That and humility. A big ol' heaping tablespoon of humility. Fact is, we never TRULY KNOW what happens in those milliseconds, meaning all of the subsequent frustration/rage is based on assumptions. Assumptions leave you with an impossible to support hypothesis: I've been wronged. Why waste the energy, just enter another race.

To be clear, I am not some sage burning, hippie hugging peace monger that thinks a 'love-in' is gonna work it out. While an enviable approach, not gonna work in a lobby. Then we'd need a fire pit, drum circle, nitrous, balloons...too much, too complicated.

What's My Point? - How you approach game play is one of the few aspects of a race that is 100% within your realm of control. Leverage that to your benefit and change your perspective. It's fostered many, many more 'smiles per mile' in the game for me. Your results may vary.

PS - Sorry for ramblin'...I'm questioning the ingredients in that brownie I had for breakfast.🤣

I totally agree with you on every point here. In the end, it's a game and we should play in a way that preserves our enjoyment, and I'd say for most people the "red mist" isn't enjoyable but a primal urge which our brains can't quite understand has been triggered by a virtual event.

One thing you don't mention, however, is the expectation from our fellow racers to show remorse for their failings. If collision occurs, and they just drive off like nothing happens then you naturally assume it was intentional (or they just don't give a xxxx). Continuing regardless is tacit admission of guilt, or in a third scenario, they thought the blame lied with the other (actually this a really good veil for dirty drivers to hide behind, and is exactly what the penalty system should be shielding us against).

I totally agree with you on every point here. In the end, it's a game and we should play in a way that preserves our enjoyment, and I'd say for most people the "red mist" isn't enjoyable but a primal urge which our brains can't quite understand has been triggered by a virtual event.
Agree with this and @mellofello9 comments.

The pursuit of winning and competitive edge in sport can lead to a lot of stress. I've found I'm playing less now that the writer's strike is over and that there are now late shows to watch in the evening again and that this week, I am abstaining from racing while I let a broken finger heel (still doing the odd bit of single player though to get my Platinum trophy) and you know what? I feel totally relaxed and feel good about taking a break. I know I will come back stronger; or if not, I won't care so much.

Let's call it a tolerance break. There are several posts from people who have come back to GT after a break. I think it is good for your mental health. The cuttthroat-ness of competition can get too much at times.

One thing you don't mention, however, is the expectation from our fellow racers to show remorse for their failings. If collision occurs, and they just drive off like nothing happens then you naturally assume it was intentional (or they just don't give a xxxx). Continuing regardless is tacit admission of guilt, or in a third scenario, they thought the blame lied with the other (actually this a really good veil for dirty drivers to hide behind, and is exactly what the penalty system should be shielding us against).
This is a HUGE point worth making, again and again and again if need be. If you screw-up, OWN IT. It's not like you have to stand there in front of an actual person with all the discomfort that brings. The biggest challenge in that moment? YOU. And if 'you' can't take on 'you' there's conversations that need to be had, and with someone else.😁

This comes down to that simplest of equations...if you even THINK you might have done something wrong, there's at least the possibility that you did. Have a better day, let your now wounded victim pass and try again later. I mean, they're likely sporting damage now, should be easier, right??? I kid, I kid...

This bothers you a lot and has burned a good bit of energy.
Just so everyone knows, this hasn't bothered me in the slightest.

Well, OK, it ticked me off at the time it happened, but only for a minute because I fully expected to do poorly in that race anyway, because it was only my second race of the week (if memory serves), and I suck at that track.

I posted the video mostly just because the guy had made a wrong assumption about what happened, and I wanted to use it as a lesson for others (including as a reminder for myself).

So, honestly, I was fine with what happened and didn't fret over it at all. I fretted some over what other people here said in response, but only because if I didn't take the criticisms to heart, I couldn't learn anything from them. Ultimately it ended up just the way it started - I wouldn't do anything differently during the start of that race - that corner is a crapshoot in this race in lap 1, no matter how you address it. And that's it.

Thanks, everyone!

Is this right? Not a single post since Wed. (other than this one)
Very strange, I agree. Personally, I've been busy with other things (heaven forbid!), but I wonder what happened to everyone else? I was wondering what I missed, and it turns out, next to nothing.

So I'll share this stupid story:

I've decided I'm not competitive in Daily Race B at the DR A level, because I suck at Interlagos and my QT isn't great. So I decided to DNF some races to lower me back to DR B, where I belong. And that was working fine until...

I just entered another race with every intention of DNFing it, when I realized I was P3 in a DR B lobby. Woo-hoo! Time for fun!

Except, I hadn't warmed up at all, and boy did I stink up the track. Ended up P9, which still lost me some DR points (yay!), but not enough to drop me back to B. And even starting P3, Interlagos sucks.

Right now GT7 isn't much fun for me, so I can understand other people not playing. I'll keep at it, but Interlagos sucks. Did I mention how much I don't like Interlagos? Just wanted to be clear.

As I said earlier in the thread this week has zero appeal for me, I didn't even bother to bronze/silver the lambo TT either this week.

The only thing I've done was 4QT laps the samba, 2 QT laps at Interlagos and just a few laps in the new TT and 6 laps on the Michelin TT to get gold.

This is from a person that averages 250+ miles a day and 4-7 daily races.

They really do need to freshen the game up. I'm not the 15-30 year old me that could just enjoy driving different cars and smashing rubbish ai.

I'm the competitive older gent now with all the gear and no idea that thrives on the randomness and intense competition now.

I know weird right!

I did jump on last night and thought I’d try QT race B after getting my Platinum trophy and there were only four people on the leaderboard.

So I guess no one is trying this week. Myself Included as I’m talking a break.

Oh yeah, did I mention I broke my finger so I’m taking it easy for a bit.

Last edited:
Race A would be a whole lot more interesting if it was at Spa or the Nordschleife and we could all build our own Samba-based Race-Taxi. THAT would make the race/vehicle interesting. I get the fun-factor of having to get it juuuuuuust right to even make the hill and all, but it's a racing game. It'd be more fun on tractors, especially if our avatars could swill beer and flip people off while racing.😁

As a sidebar, the bus video is hilarious. It looks like the thing is barely moving down the road, then you see what they're catching, lol. Release 16 of these things on the 'Ring and let the calamity begin.🤣

200hp, Sh tyres. Sideways buses round the ring. That would be great

Anyone else think that PD need to pump some life back into Sport mode daily races? 3 tracks a week, with only two being ranked, is a bit boring after a while. Would love to see some more variety. Even just making it so there are 2 tracks per week for each Race (rotated daily) and some more variation in car types and weather would go a long way.
I'd like 7 races with the oldest changing daily. A choice of races that last a week and a new race every day.

Right now GT7 isn't much fun for me, so I can understand other people not playing. I'll keep at it, but Interlagos sucks. Did I mention how much I don't like Interlagos? Just wanted to be clear.

I can't get myself into Interlagos either. I always assumed because people seem to love it that there was just something I'm not doing right and it is preventing me from "getting it".

Mind you @Nebuc72 , I love Lago Maggiore 'Reverse' in Group 2 cars so what do I know? :lol:

I can't get myself into Interlagos either. I always assumed because people seem to love it that there was just something I'm not doing right and it is preventing me from "getting it".
I think the track, by itself, is interesting - even if I'm not good at it. But in the actual races, it seems everyone is bound and determined to pass on the inside of all those curves in the middle of the track.

The last race I did, after about lap 3 I finally started to defend those corners by always staying on the inside. That seems to work, because it's next to impossible to take the outside line and pass someone. But I'll need to run some Q laps to learn how to drive those lines as efficiently as possible. In the last race I started piling up people behind me because I was so slow on those corners. But nobody passed me unless I screwed up the last turn leading to the back stretch.

Mind you @Nebuc72 , I love Lago Maggiore 'Reverse' in Group 2 cars so what do I know? :lol:
I actually don't mind it either, I think it's quite nice (except from that one turn after the esses that has a wall on the outside).

For me it's just moreso that being interested in one race isn't really enough to get me playing when I'd be doing the same race for the entire 7 days, especially when it's Race C, due to the length and gaps between races. Ultimately there's better things for me to be poking my head into than waiting 27 minutes for a race to start because I decided to play GT7 at 9:03pm

Anyone else kinda-sorta missing limited suspension tuning? I know I am.

Was at work for 5 of the last 7 days, got home yesterday and have done ~ 8 races total at Interlagos, trying to build my Oceanic account. Man, those servers seem dead most all the time. Race is a bloodbath, especially with the huge swath of different SR/DR on the grid. But man do I love this track. Ultimate test of consistency and finesse. 7 laps would be optimal, but at least 6 laps is better than 5. Lots of free positions to be had in this race in the heavy braking zones by faking like your'e going for the inside move with no intention of actually going for it, then you get to watch them out brake themselves as they head off into the marbles. I usually gain at least 2 spots per race with that tactic alone

You know that feeling you have when you finally come home after a long vacation? Like "That was nice, but it's sure good to be home."

1698354384939.png

Ah, B sweet B.

This weeks races are akin to throwin' some Barry White on the tables at a rave. They completely cleared the floor with this combo. Race A is a non-starter for me. It's neat. It's slow...and I lose interest before I can even complete one QT lap. Race B, well, it sounds like there's enough of us to start a club on that one. 'Lagos sucks. 😁

Race C has my interest if only because the Gr.2 version of the GTR is the only version I really enjoy driving. Having fun but have run less than 10-15 laps so far this week. Sooooo, yeeeeaaaaah, hoping they got more up their sleeve in the coming weeks, otherwise...
hell.gif

Last edited:
Ahhhh... Finally, a lobby I can enjoy:

1698362910158.png

And I result I can savor:

1698362927862.png

Of course, I'm going to have to DNF another race to stay at DR B, but at least I can be competitive. When I'm not DNFing.

"DNFing" sounds like some sort of swear euphemism. But honest, moderators, its not! :lol:

View attachment 1298354

View attachment 1298355

Of course, I'm going to have to DNF another race to stay at DR B, but at least I can be competitive. When I'm not DNFing.

"DNFing" sounds like some sort of swear euphemism. But honest, moderators, its not! :lol:
Watch out you're going to go back to A again!

What gets me is the sudden jump in performance and lap times when you go from B to A. You might think it would be more gradual but it is not.

What gets me is the sudden jump in performance and lap times when you go from B to A. You might think it would be more gradual but it is not.
I think it reflects the exponential jump in performance that consistency brings to the table. I little bobble here, a bit of an off there and an "oh 💩, that was my brake point" and all of a sudden your lap is 1.5 sec longer than it should be. You see it all the time on the track, too. A+ runnin' from the back because they can maintain near-QT pace each and every lap. Meanwhile, I struggle to get within a SECOND of mine because I b checkin' accommodations at the beach or out mowin' the grass.🤣

Not when I can DNF!
I know, right?!
Meanwhile, I struggle to get within a SECOND of mine because I b checkin' accommodations at the beach or out mowin' the grass.🤣
Oh look - a squirrel!

View attachment 1298354

View attachment 1298355

Honestly not sure how I feel about this. It seems a bit like the equivalent of purposeful DR resets so people can go seal clubbing against lower ranked drivers. :confused:

I'm also not racing this week. Busy finishing up Spider-Man 2, which was so good, and now I'd be playing catch-up which doesn't interest me for the rest of the week. Hoping next week's offerings are better.

Back