GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,024 comments
Nordschleife.

Oh Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Was a really big fan of race C last week, and unfortunately i was not able to find time to do more races over the weekend.

Super pumped to see the same cars at the nord for race A this week. Hopefully i can find more time to be on the track this week.

If ya see me out there give a beep or say hello. Hope everyone has a great week of races this week

Had zero intention of running Barcelona this week, was all about Trial Mountain. Then I ran a couple qualifiers at Barcelona...never even took the time to race at TM, lol.

Finally jumped on Saturday morning and found myself in the middle of some good racing. This is yet another one of those tracks that I've struggled with but am now having fun at. Took a bit to figure out how to race there but wow that's a good time. Some really good competition with minimal 💩head sightings.

I was an unintentional 'pile' a couple times myself. Had someone brake check me at the start after an incident in a previous race...thought that was special. Nothing like levying your retribution on half the pack. I missed them. The eight or so people behind me did NOT. Didn't say a word, but they felt the need to post a dozen or so messages throughout the race. That feels like 'sociopath inclined' behavior to me.🙃

All in all super happy with how I'm gettin' around there. Was able to get my Q into the 40's so was at least starting mid-pack. I have to upload a video of the qualifier as there's a pretty egregious drive through the penalty zone that I didn't get dinged for...no idea how. Useless without video, I know. Will work on that👍

:cheers:

You'd think Brands of all tracks would be less favourable to the Mazdas... let's hope so! Last time we had a GR4 race there the Supra was king, although that was DR C. I've always found the 155 goes well at Brands.
There is a good mix in the top 100 at the moment but slightly weighted to the FR cars.

18c59054f4131-screenshotUrl.jpg

I know it's yesterday's news but seriously race A at LL was (for me anyway) the best online racing this game has offered. I've gotten so many close close finishes and just some really really good race craft. I don't know how many in this thread were in a race I was in but if any of you folks were, it was a real joy. Hard to imagine I could say that with the dumpster fire sport mode typically is, especially at my level.

No guide for me at the Nurburgring as I'm not a master of it.... yet 👀 . But you can get a feel of the racing and guides for the other 2 races in my usual guide :cheers:

Thank you for missing your brake marker. Thank you even MORE for sharing that you missed your brake marker. 🤣

Seriously, hate when that happens and always feel like a complete tool when it goes down. It's nice to see that this happens to people who actually CAN drive, too, LOLOL!!!

Thanks for the vids, always excellent.👍

Comfy like on the Love seat w/your honey?

Here’s my “rig” lol. 😂
VR whilst parked on the love seat.
I couldn’t get any “seat time” if I was using a rig away from wifey.

View attachment 1310684View attachment 1310685
Is the the next level DD stand?

I use the lite in a similar setup but have to wedge an ottoman in front because the fanatec’s csl load cell is so stiff that i blast the thing away from me occasionally. That and if i hold the wheel during wrecks it can lift the stand(which is what i think cracked the base plate off of my bundled wheel) and kinda slam it down.

Anyway, that shifter location looks pretty good compared with the lite, which is back by the wheels unit. Makes third a bit of a gamble..and for some reason, the 1-2-1 money shift surprisingly likely.

Is the the next level DD stand?

I use the lite in a similar setup but have to wedge an ottoman in front because the fanatec’s csl load cell is so stiff that i blast the thing away from me occasionally. That and if i hold the wheel during wrecks it can lift the stand(which is what i think cracked the base plate off of my bundled wheel) and kinda slam it down.

Anyway, that shifter location looks pretty good compared with the lite, which is back by the wheels unit. Makes third a bit of a gamble..and for some reason, the 1-2-1 money shift surprisingly likely.
Yeah. We all find different ways to make things work based on our situations.

Vevor stand and it’s on an entry type mat for grip and then two 20 lbs ankle weights with Velcro laid on the front edge. Doesn’t slide out at all under heavy braking.

Felt like my contraption might work for some who aren’t quite wanting a full rig due to isolation from the fam.
Of course tv time has only one channel this way 😁

Cheers

Vevor stand and it’s on an entry type mat for grip and then two 20 lbs ankle weights with Velcro laid on the front edge. Doesn’t slide out at all under heavy braking.

Felt like my contraption might work for some who aren’t quite wanting a full rig due to isolation from the fam.

Cheers
Bench seats 4tw!

Im in vr pretty much all the time, so if she wants, she changes the tv inputs and peace is preserved (😋).

I do think my narrow arse is going to bore a hole in this sofa after another year or so.

Cheers
Sure doesn't seem to hurt your times any!

Lazy-boy/controller driver here. Although I sit straight up while driving. If my body lounges, then my brain follows.

Ugh, this should be a challenge. Racing at the Nords is a nightmare, it's a long track!! And there are bumpy roads that can make the car go off balance when driving.
I love the Ring. Interesting, SR updates but not DR. I hope the Neanderthals will understand this means clean races are rewarded, not crashing into your opponent just to gain a place.

Thank you for missing your brake marker. Thank you even MORE for sharing that you missed your brake marker. 🤣

Seriously, hate when that happens and always feel like a complete tool when it goes down. It's nice to see that this happens to people who actually CAN drive, too, LOLOL!!!

Thanks for the vids, always excellent.👍

Haha I'll always share my good and bad moments 😂 😂 😂 . I still find it hilarious, I've uploaded the short of my actual live reaction to so that'll come out later this week at some point. Gotta laugh at those kind of moments, not sure I can drive though 😜

Sure doesn't seem to hurt your times any!

Lazy-boy/controller driver here. Although I sit straight up while driving. If my body lounges, then my brain follows.
Cou'troller over here, too. Would love to fix that someday....someday. I should re-read how many times I've said that here, pack the bags and go on a self-induced guilt trip. Might get me off my ass to do something about it. 🤣

Cou'troller over here, too. Would love to fix that someday....someday. I should re-read how many times I've said that here, pack the bags and go on a self-induced guilt trip. Might get me off my ass to do something about it. 🤣
yeah, I've even had shopping carts loaded with gear, more than once; but something always seems to come along, or I decide I don't really need it. I know I'd enjoy it if/when I pull the trigger.

It's a shame you can't run your own car with parts and liveries you choose because a handful of people wanted to complain about not having a phd in mechanical engineering

Even for a race with no dr nope gotta be a car they pick for you

Hopefully when gt sport goes offline they can boost the servers for 7 or whatever is going on and add slots for a pp race and increase the grid size

Last edited:
Serious question. How do you remember all the turns and line for the Nordschliefer (sp?)? I'm hopeless at it. I have to run this track with racing line and brake markers to give me an idea of what I should be doing. I just don't remember it otherwise.

Serious question. How do you remember all the turns and line for the Nordschliefer (sp?)? I'm hopeless at it. I have to run this track with racing line and brake markers to give me an idea of what I should be doing. I just don't remember it otherwise.
Just from doing a countless number of laps (it's been in Gran Turismo since GT4), eventually you just learn to recognise what comes next after each corner you go through
Though if I was to start from scratch I'd continuously do the circuit experience sectors until they become second nature

Latest Posts

Back