GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,029 comments
I did four laps of Nordscheife. 2 in the XJ220 and 2 in the LFA. The XJ220 was surprising but the LFA was faster (7:34). Perhaps I just need to drive the XJ harder? Not sure I want to try a race there though. For me Nordschleife is a cruise track in fun cars. Not a race track.

I spent most of the evening lapping Brands and finding the flow again. I settled on the Supra. The Suzuki, which used to be good at Brands is now terrible. What happened? Is it just hopeless on hard tires? Got my time to 1:41.9 but annoyingly I had two laps that would have put me squarely in the mid 1:41s only to go off last turn on one or get a penalty on one of the final corners on the other. That said, I did two races.

First I started 10th and first hairpin, I miss a gear and try to accelerate out hard but spin it as I was in 2nd and not 3rd. What an idiot I am. First lap I was 27s down. Amazingly due to some attrition, I was able to catch up and finish 12th so not a total loss; though for a couple laps it felt very lonely.

Second race was a much cleaner affair. Went from 8th to 5th. In the end the two races were awash on points so not bad for my first exploration this week; I'm still clinging on to DR A - just!

I tried a few laps in the Genesis X for C and it felt good (I love the Genesis on Racing Soft - other tires not so much) and thought I had a decent time until I looked at the leader board. Yeah, no, I'm about 2 seconds off pace. I've some work to do..

Based on tonight, I might just stick with Brands 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Nice results; this is going to be a good week in C.

You said you pitted on lap 5. I’ve seen several drivers do that. But isn’t the strat 1 mediums, 9 softs?
Traffic! That is why 😉 I was only a second slower on mediums than I was on softs without traffic, so I gave myself some space after almost everyone pitted together, meaning they kept slowing each other down whilst I made up time with relatively clean air most of the race!

Last edited:
Put a few qt laps on each race to see how they gelled for me.

Started with C and tried pug vgt and 911 (911 felt best but was lacking straight line speed. Kind of miss grinding this layout so I will be back 😁

B qt tried RCZ, Huracan, 650 and Evo. Been a while since I’ve done full Brands so I felt best in RCZ but still really off.

Made sure I saved about an hour for A race qt and that was the most satisfying lapping of the evening.
Took 3 laps in the LFA to get one without a bobble and landed right behind @mellofello9 on my friends list so I felt pretty solid but knew I could pull a bit better lap if I went again. Finished the next lap all excited because I dropped a little over a second and that was going to put me right in the hunt but low and behold, I pulled up the list and @mellofello9 crushed it and dropped another 3 seconds plus after he swapped cars 👍👍 very nice work.

Tried a couple laps in the Supra before I called it and it took 2 laps for a clean run but I went a second slower than the LFA. Would need to run some replays to watch speed vs rpm because in VR the speedo pegs at 160 kph and you only have a tach to go by. Supra definitely felt looser than the LFA.

Will definitely be getting on with A race tomorrow evening and we’ll see if C wins out later in the week. 🍻
I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it out of 'A' this week or not...and it might just be qualifying.🤣

This puts two great things together that may NEVER cross my path in real life...driving an LFA at the Nurburgring. Not sure what magic they built that car with but it is soooo damn good. The first pass I took in that was a hoot. I ended-up drifting almost the entire last bend onto the main straight. Wasn't intended, or fast, but LOOKED amazing.

@Dep Fishtail it was awesome seeing you on my list, especially since you're time is knockin' on my bumper. Just the motivation I need to clean up my act with the 911.😁

Won't lie, Sardegna is callin', tho....:cheers:

Well it's taken 4 years , but I actually won a race at the Nordscheife! I was assisted by P1 and P2 going off at different points , and I crossed the line 0.7 seconds in the lead - I had a few bum clenching slides along the way, and was so relieved when it was over 🥵

Edit/ I used the BMW as I was more comfortable with it from using it last week - Supra, Merc, Jag and Porsche were all doing well in other people's hands.

Had another couple of 3rds and several complete disasters but still enjoyable.

Later, I grabbed my 100th win, in an awesome race at Brands Hatch. Now just need to try and improve my time at Sardegna and see how that goes...

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying group 3 at Sardegna (though I was hoping the rumor of group 2 was true)... found good enough pace within half an hour (1:40.098), but can't find the consistency in race conditions. Especially that left hand kink after the compression, right before the last tight left. Really tricky to get right, and I used the wall on more than one occasion, lol.

I don't particularly enjoy driving the Genesis, but I can't get the pace out of anything else, especially in overtake/defense situations. So I'm stuck with it for now. My go-to of Mazda RX or AMG weren't getting it done. Anyone driving anything else effectively?

I'm really enjoying group 3 at Sardegna (though I was hoping the rumor of group 2 was true)... found good enough pace within half an hour (1:40.098), but can't find the consistency in race conditions. Especially that left hand kink after the compression, right before the last tight left. Really tricky to get right, and I used the wall on more than one occasion, lol.

I don't particularly enjoy driving the Genesis, but I can't get the pace out of anything else, especially in overtake/defense situations. So I'm stuck with it for now. My go-to of Mazda RX or AMG weren't getting it done. Anyone driving anything else effectively?
Are you running a setup? If you are it will work on all the FR cars, if you aren't then there are a few weird ones in the tuning thread but I wouldn't use those. Kie and Wind have shared their settings and it really helps dial out the oversteer.

I'm competitive in the supra but my faster time was the luxury Hyundai thing x thing ;)

Argh I had a good look at the dailies this week and they look fantastic! No time for any of them really as I’m only home one day this week but I did manage to get a sneaky Brands Hatch in my beloved F-Type in what is probably my favourite race combo! Would have LOVED to get stuck in on race A

Did a quick quali to set a decent lap, started second and finished third with some fantastic clean racing with the eventual podium sitters. For someone who hasn’t raced online for maybe 6 months or longer this was an absolute dream and I wish I could have raced a few more! Happy racing all 😎

Argh I had a good look at the dailies this week and they look fantastic! No time for any of them really as I’m only home one day this week but I did manage to get a sneaky Brands Hatch in my beloved F-Type in what is probably my favourite race combo! Would have LOVED to get stuck in on race A

Did a quick quali to set a decent lap, started second and finished third with some fantastic clean racing with the eventual podium sitters. For someone who hasn’t raced online for maybe 6 months or longer this was an absolute dream and I wish I could have raced a few more! Happy racing all 😎
They are. All of them. Not sweaty apart from B but it's brands in GR4 so it's always gonna be tight. Everything else is just nice races to actually do.

I won't lie you are missing out. Way better than the Bug TT that is for sure!

Just did some quick QT for C. Used TheKei25 settings for the Genesis X and track guide and quickly got myself to 1:40.8... There was definitely a mid to low 1:40s in me yet as I had several laps where I was 1/2s up only to mess up last hairpin or some other section so the time is in me.

As for the race, fuel does not appear to be a concern at x2 but anyone know how the Genesis X wears it's RS? I seem to remember for the last Sardegna sprint we had that it started to get a bit squirrelly at around 60% wear. I also need to proactive handling on RM as the Genesis, if I recall, gets progressively harder to drive the harder the tire.

Last edited:
Just did some quick QT for C. Used TheKei25 settings for the Genesis X and track guide and quickly got myself to 1:40.7... There was definitely a mid to low 1:40s in me yet as I had several laps where I was 1/2s up only to mess up last hairpin or some other section so the time is in me.

As for the race, fuel does not appear to be a concern at x2 but anyone know how the Genesis X wears it's RS? I seem to remember for the last Sardegna sprint we had that it started to get a bust squirrelly at around 60% wear. I also need to proactive handling on RM as the Genesis, if I recall, gets progressively harder to drive the harder the tire.
1/9 or 9/1 the RS don't wear enough for a mid race stop unless you want a gap.

You will run race pace with either strat.

@GOTMAXPOWER wtf kind of sorcery is this bro

18c6005815062-screenshotUrl.jpg

Just came back from the office Xmas-do and put in some time tonight to wind down a bit :)

Did 3 qualy laps on main account, tried the Genesis, and I was shocked about my instant consistency, despite all the beer! 😂

Previous PB: 1:40:5 with the RCZ

• Qualy lap 1 - 1:40:284 (new PB)
  • Qualy lap 2 - 1:40:287 (lol)
  • Qualy lap 3 - 1:40:087 (new PB)
1702422002924.jpeg

1702422014324.jpeg

I tried a lap on the mediums and hated it, so did a race in the RCZ. Gaining 0.5s on my previous PB, I now had the advantage of starting in an amazing position, quite close to the front in a lobby packed with A+/ A rated players! P14 😂

Half-way through lap 1, I was in P12 but was sent to Lago Maggiore all the way from Sardegna with the sheer force of the punt I so generously received 😂 In all fairness, the guy who hit me had 1 red bar connection so probably didn't know much about it + he did actually wait for me to come back from my journey across Italy and let me through! :cheers:

Down to P15, I drove a very consistent race and managed 2 overtakes in the end to still finish 1 place ahead than what I started 🥳

1702422297439.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the custom BoP for this weeks race A and last week’s race C work? It would be great to have them available for lobby races as PP limits don’t really work and having this kind of race available in multiplayer would be fantastic

Back at it this week as nothing last week was interesting to me. So, I'm trying out Race C this time. I know the Porsche isn't the best here, but I cannot drive the Genesis at all. My current time is 1:41.6XX which is no good based on my starts today.

My first race had me in P15 to start. I forgot to pit on lap 1 and that's not a problem. The problem is I put the same medium tires on again in the pits. The cursor didn't go to the soft tire option and that was it for me. I left the race as there was no way to catch up from that. First time in GT7 I quit a race like that I believe.

In the time I was waiting for the next race to start, I dropped my time to 1:41.5XX so it's getting there. The race starts with me in P12 and I get hit in the first lap in the turn after the "back" straight. I pit and cruise around in P15 waiting for pit stops to cycle so I can maybe grab a spot or two. But, that doesn't happen as this happens and I am furious.

The clip speaks for itself and I'm mentally done at this point. I'm in the Porsche that got hit to avoid confusion. Just ugh....

Try the GT40. It’s a bit awkward on turn in in places but it will take Genesis down the straights no problem.

@GOTMAXPOWER wtf kind of sorcery is this bro

View attachment 1311276
You wait until you see @Metalgear9493 's time in the Supra. I have too many freaks on my friends list when a 1:17.0 in the Jag has me 4th.

This combo is such a blast. Sure, the 'ring isn't great a great "racing" track but these cars are so much fun. My racing has been really clean because the cars are controllable and make it possible to go side-by-side through sections where other classes cannot.

They just need to dial back the OP slipstream because entering the final straight in front by less than 1.5 seconds guarantees you'll get caught and overtaken. To the point where it's better to try and drop to p2 before the mini carousel which creates some farcical "no, after you, I insist" moments.

I did not get to race as went out to the theatre to see Godzilla Minus One (good movie). Anyway, when I got back I knew I had QT improvement in me for race C, so I set about improving my QT. Improvement came quick dropping to 1:40.1x but then it teased me. I was .7s up when I messed up so I knew a high/mid 1:39s was possible. Many times I would be on target for that only to get a corner wrong...

I adjusted the feel of my brake pedal as now I have a stiff rig, I thought there was more to gain with more control and faster application. I changed the brake force to 60% (I thought I had adjusted it to 100% but it was actually 50%). Anyway I increased it but going higher (than 60) just wore my foot/leg out.. The elastomer stack on my V2 pedals I changed from 65/75/87 to the firmest 85/85/85 but kept the spring soft. It feels really firm now but it gives me more control on the trail braking and later braking. The time started to drop. Got down to a 1:40.059, then 1:40.021 and almost gave up at that point but as I was contemplating that, I broke into 39s with a 1:39.981. That stuck for a while..

Still I would have laps where I could see a large potential gain, but the final hairpin would be my nemesis. Often if I was up, I would over gas it on that corner to try to maintain speed and then spin out into the wall. :banghead: One thing that was bothering me was that I was chasing my ghost with a 0.5s lag. But I kept on getting on top of it and it would throw my rhythm off so I changed the lag to 0.7s. With that, another lap and I cemented my goal 🎯 to get top on my friends leaderboard with a 1:39.628. Not often I'm in that spot :)

Gran Turismo® 7_20231212233826.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20231212234535.jpg

I'm hoping this will give me a good QT in the race but with DR A, you never know.... I could be 10th..

Anyway, you probably don't care about my progress. The juicy part is the tune. I'm using TheKei25 tune from his setup and lap guide. It works well and makes the car super drivable.

ARB 9/7
DRC 25/25
DRE 50/50
NF 3.00/3.05
BB 0

I actually also use TCS1 and CS at strong. That keeps the rear in check. Call me a cheat! :D I recorded my sessions. Perhaps I'll post my top lap, but my computer is currently converting WebM into something editable.

EDIT:

I little off topic but related. I got my hair cut with a new barber today. In talking I mentioned about sim racing. Turns out that he just recently got into GT7 as well. After watching the movie, he got a PS5, GT7 and recently wheel and rig. Super cool. So I guess the movie did convert some people and I have something to chat about while I get de-shaggified.

Last edited:
I did not get to race as went out to the theatre to see Godzilla Minus One (good movie). Anyway, when I got back I knew I had QT improvement in me for race C, so I set about improving my QT. Improvement came quick dropping to 1:40.1x but then it teased me. I was .7s up when I messed up so I knew a high/mid 1:39s was possible. Many times I would be on target for that only to get a corner wrong...

I adjusted the feel of my brake pedal as now I have a stiff rig, I thought there was more to gain with more control and faster application. I changed the brake force to 60% (I thought I had adjusted it to 100% but it was actually 50%). Anyway I increased it and going higher just wore my foot out.. The elastomer stack on my V2 pedals I changed from 65/75/87 to the firmest 85/85/85 but kept the spring soft. It feels really firm now but it gives me more control on the trail braking and later braking. The time started to drop. Got down to a 1:40.059, then 1:40.021 and almost gave up at that point but as I was contemplating that, I broke into 39s with a 1:39.981. That stuck for a while..

Still I would have laps where I could see a large potential gain, but the final hairpin would be my nemesis. Often if I was up, I would over gas it on that corner to try to maintain speed and then spin out into the wall. :banghead: One thing that was bothering me was that I was chasing my ghost with a 0.5s lag. But I kept on getting on top of it and it would throw my rhythm off so I changed the lag to 0.7s. With that, another lap and I cemented my goal 🎯 to get top on my friends leaderboard with a 1:39.628. Not often I'm in that spot :)

View attachment 1311340

View attachment 1311339

I'm hoping this will give me a good QT in the race but with DR A, you never know.... I could be 10th..

Anyway, you probably don't care about my progress. The juicy part is the tune. I'm using TheKei25 tune from his setup and lap guide. It works well and makes the car super drivable.

ARB 9/7
DRC 25/25
DRE 50/50
NF 3.00/3.05
BB 0

I recorded my sessions. Perhaps I'll post my top lap, but my computer is currently converting WebM into something editable.
Well done 👍

I have never reached the top of my friends list and pretty sure I never will. I’m in a fight to stay the top 10 most of the time 😂😂

Got in a couple of A races tonight and definitely a fun time and I will definitely be going back for more. 😁

LFA felt good in race too.

Well done 👍

I have never reached the top of my friends list and pretty sure I never will. I’m in a fight to stay the top 10 most of the time 😂😂

Got in a couple of A races tonight and definitely a fun time and I will definitely be going back for more. 😁

LFA felt good in race too.
Thank you. Top spot almost never happens as I have @Nebuc72 on my friends. Hard to compete with aliens. I should unfriend him. :lol: Now I posted this I expect my lead to be gone tomorrow.

This week is a challenge. I would like to try all races but can only focus on one at a time.

Last edited:
Back