GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,040 comments
Why are there so many mazdas in race B this week? Its not even the meta car of the week and people are driving it like it is. I can easily pass them in corners with a Cayman GT4.

Why are there so many mazdas in race B this week? Its not even the meta car of the week and people are driving it like it is. I can easily pass them in corners with a Cayman GT4.
I noticed that too when I did some races Tuesday afternoon at BH. I did about 6-7 of them in a four hour period. I've been using the RCZ or the Porsche car.

Honestly I don't think the Mazda car is well-suited for the track, nor the WRX.

Last edited:
I put the Mazda in the top 3/400 so it definitely has pace.

I think because race wise it's safer than the supra when pushing (understeer is easier to manage than oversteer).

There is a massive difference I find in what is fast when on your own and can take perfect lines vs when the situation is much more dynamic and pressured.

Well I am back in DR B.

Race C has been a catastrophe and the DR driving has been mixed to say the least. Kept on finding a very contact happy crowd; overall, not good.
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.19.34 AM.png

Race 1.

First race I was amazed to find myself in P2 to start. Little good it did me. First lap I was taken out by a dive bomber on the sharp left hander, turn 9. They were .5s behind and just came plowing into me as I crested the apex. That dropped me to 12th and then got caught up with the slap-around brigade and the driving was atrocious. So much for DR A driving. The tool that hit me had other tussles with others and progressively dropped down the ranks. I had more contact with this idiot later in the race. Totally ruining any chance to catch up. I ended up 14th and the tool? He came in 15th another 30 seconds behind me - almost lapped.

Race 2.

I figured the drop of DR might at least give me an easier crowd and the chance for a higher starting spot. Nope. P6. Due to pitting, I was 3rd for most of the race and after my pit on lap 9 I was running in 5th on RM. I think 6th was on RS as they were catching me through the last lap. They got beside on the drag to the last hairpin but I was on the inside. I'd managed to successfully defend this before but missed my braking mark by a mile and sailed into the barrier at the end of the straight. :banghead: 2nd to last corner and I go and F. it up. Lost 6 spots there to finish 11th.

Race 3.

With even less DR I end up in an even faster crowd so start P7. First lap I get up to 5th as 2 cars take themselves out turn 9, but that crowd was bumping and hitting each other and overall was a poor display of driving. In the end I got knocked around and dropped to 11th. One word sums up that race: ******. Amazingly that "faster" crowd was higher DR rated so I lost no points. I was hanging onto DR A with a thin thread. But my SR took a beaten. :(

Race 4.

Got a good start on P4 and was right up the tailpipe of P3. I'd raced P3 a few times this night and knew him to be competent, but on turn 5 either they braked a little early or me a little late (or both), and I double punted him as there was some ping-pong effect. I waited for him to get on track, which did not take long, but the slowing and getting going again with the pack behind caused me to drop to 8th. I also got a 3s penalty. That dropped me further. Last lap I was in a miserable position and turn 4 got hit and spun into barrier. The car that hit me commendably waited for me to rejoin, but the impact somehow caused my steering to fail on my wheel. This was not the same as prior Fanatec wheel disconnects as everything on the wheel worked, but left/right steering input had died. I couldn't go, stuck in the wall and got DNF'd. That was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back and had me saying hello to DR B again. My SR also took a horrendous beating from the DNF my punt from earlier.

I was able to get the wheel working again by rebooting it - it must be running Windows inside. :D🤷‍♂️

Race 5 - DR B.

Much easier crowd! Got pole to start and led the race for 7 laps. P2 after being 3s back had managed to catch back up and pass me in the approach to the final hairpin after I got on the dirt in the tricky turn 12/13 section. I was also losing time so switched to RM on lap 8 rather than 9 to see if that would help. No. It did not. Someone else, who'd pitted lap 1, managed to leapfrog me, and I came 3rd, 1.8s back from 1st. So close but so far. Alas the rest of the field was not much competition so the DR gain was not much.

I thought about doing one more but my brain was fried at that point after 2-1/2 hours driving.

I want to like race C but I think I am going off it... There is part of me that want to continue as I know it well and can do well there to get my DR back up, but it's an abusive race this week and racing contact has been the death of me.

I did okay in race B earlier, perhaps I should try that again? Race A is certainly interesting and could cruise it, not worrying about position, and use it to get my SR back up. Perhaps that will be the next race..... You all are all talking highly of it at the moment!

Last edited:
Well I am back in DR B.

Race C has been a catastrophe and the DR driving has been mixed to say the least. Kept on finding a very contact happy crowd; overall, not good.
View attachment 1311577

Race 1.

First race I was amazed to find myself in P2 to start. Little good it did me. First lap I was taken out by a dive bomber on the sharp left hander, turn 9. They were .5s behind and just came plowing into me as I crested the apex. That dropped me to 12th and then got caught up with the slap-around brigade and the driving was atrocious. So much for DR A driving. The tool that hit me had other tussles with others and progressively dropped down the ranks. I had more contact with this idiot later in the race. Totally ruining any chance to catch up. I ended up 14th and the tool? He came in 15th another 30 seconds behind me - almost lapped.

Race 2.

I figured the drop of DR might at least give me an easier crowd and the chance for a higher starting spot. Nope. P6. Due to pitting, I was 3rd for most of the race and after my pit on lap 9 I was running in 5th on RM. I think 6th was on RS as they were catching me through the last lap. They got beside on the drag to the last hairpin but I was on the inside. I'd managed to successfully defend this before but missed my braking mark by a mile and sailed into the barrier at the end of the straight. :banghead: 2nd to last corner and I go and F. it up. Lost 6 spots there to finish 11th.

Race 3.

With even less DR I end up in an even faster crowd so start P7. First lap I get up to 5th as 2 cars take themselves out turn 9, but that crowd was bumping and hitting each other and overall was a poor display of driving. In the end I got knocked around and dropped to 11th. One word sums up that race: ******. Amazingly that "faster" crowd was higher DR rated so I lost no points. I was hanging onto DR A with a thin thread. But my SR took a beaten. :(

Race 4.

Got a good start on P4 and was right up the tailpipe of P3. I'd raced P3 a few times this night and knew him to be competent, but on turn 5 either they braked a little early or me a little late (or both), and I double punted him as there was some ping-pong effect. I waited for him to get on track, which did not take long, but the slowing and getting going again with the pack behind caused me to drop to 8th. I also got a 3s penalty. That dropped me further. Last lap I was in a miserable position and turn 4 got hit and spun into barrier. The car that hit me commendably waited for me to rejoin, but the impact somehow caused my steering to fail on my wheel. This was not the same as prior Fanatec wheel disconnects as everything on the wheel worked, but left/right steering input had died. I couldn't go, stuck in the wall and got DNF'd. That was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back and had me saying hello to DR B again. My SR also took a horrendous beating from the DNF my punt from earlier.

I was able to get the wheel working again by rebooting it - it must be running Windows inside. :D🤷‍♂️

Race 5 - DR B.

Much easier crowd! Got pole to start and led the race for 7 laps. P2 after being 3s back had managed to catch back up and pass me in the approach to the final hairpin after I got on the dirt in the tricky turn 12/13 section. I was also losing time so switched to RM on lap 8 rather than 9 to see if that would help. No. It did not. Someone else, who'd pitted lap 1, managed to leapfrog me, and I came 3rd, 1.8s back from 1st. So close but so far. Alas the rest of the field was not much competition so the DR gain was not much.

I thought about doing one more but my brain was fried at that point after 2-1/2 hours driving.

I want to like race C but I think I am going off it... There is part of me that want to continue as I know it well and can go well there to get my DR back up, but it's an abusive race this week and racing contact has been the death of me.

I did okay in race B earlier, perhaps I should try that again? Race A is certainly interesting and could cruise it, not worrying about position, and use it to get my SR back up. Perhaps that will be the next race..... You all are all talking highly of it at the moment!
Wow, that was quite a story you told, so what did you do after all that? Yeah, there have been numerous situations where I will be in the top 5 and some nut will just come up from behind and hit me in order to gain a position, why? It's really a major downside of racing in Sport mode, heck I may as well try to get gold in every TT to save me trouble.

Finding it hard to get time with my ps5 lately. I did find time for 3 races around the ring yesterday. Was some great racing all around. Even some mildly aggressive position changes, but nothing that was dirty or costly. Was even fun to watch while the guys in front of me battle it out.

I am running the m3 and have a 7.22? Qt, I think.... something something affects the memory lol i can definitely cut that down a bit, but i just want to get on for more races this week.

I really like that while i don't know the ring as well as some, i do know it reasonably well, i can tell the advantage i have in certain corners specifically just because i know how the bumps and camber will mess with the car.

I put the Mazda in the top 3/400 so it definitely has pace.

I think because race wise it's safer than the supra when pushing (understeer is easier to manage than oversteer).

There is a massive difference I find in what is fast when on your own and can take perfect lines vs when the situation is much more dynamic and pressured.

Not seeing any NSX, can't keep up with the Supra on the back straight but you can really throw it into the corners and power out.

Attachments

• 18c67d99ff871-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c67d99ff871-screenshotUrl.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 18c67d9582b25-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c67d9582b25-screenshotUrl.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 10
Im starting to tame the Genesis gr.3 (car wich I hated not so long ago) and with that, race C turned awesome.
Yesterday I won a race wich ended in some discussion and some feedback from this community should be much appreciated.

1702560811558.png

Context:
I started on P5 with softs on a 9-1 strat
P3 started on P3 with meds on a 1-9 strat

P2 started on P2 with softs but took a questionable strat.
During the race I was closing the gap over him and he decided to pit on lap 8 giving me one lap with clean air and finding himself with some traffic on lap 9. That puts me ahead of him at the exit of boxes

So here comes the "drama" arriving to the 1st left hander of last lap 3 wide :eek:.
P3 decided it was too much and lifted sensing some carnage ahead and triyng to take advantage of that on a wider line (smart thought).
P2 brake really late missing the apex and that gives me "an apportunity" to send it inside.
At the exit of the turn, P2 goes full throtle too early killing himself and P3 in the process

During the race I didnt feel any kind of contact and also I think I left enough space on the outside.
Watching the replays Im not so sure if my move was that clean.

Im attaching replay of the incident from the 3 cars perspective.

Maybe I was overaggresive with that sent and the car ahead was entilted to the inside or he should resigned the turn with a wider line?

Im starting to tame the Genesis gr.3 (car wich I hated not so long ago) and with that, race C turned awesome.
Yesterday I won a race wich ended in some discussion and some feedback from this community should be much appreciated.

View attachment 1311678

Context:

During the race I was closing the gap over him and he decided to pit on lap 8 giving me one lap with clean air and finding himself with some traffic on lap 9. That puts me ahead of him at the exit of boxes

So here comes the "drama" arriving to the 1st left hander of last lap 3 wide :eek:.
P3 decided it was too much and lifted sensing some carnage ahead and triyng to take advantage of that on a wider line (smart thought).
P2 brake really late missing the apex and that gives me "an apportunity" to send it inside.
At the exit of the turn, P2 goes full throtle too early killing himself and P3 in the process

During the race I didnt feel any kind of contact and also I think I left enough space on the outside.

Maybe I was overaggresive with that sent and the car ahead was entilted to the inside or he should resigned the turn with a wider line?

Tricky one. From the first view you look fine and I would say racing incident but from the other two views, it is less clear cut. P1 had clearly got ahead of you at that point and was on the faster racing line with you running slower having just entered the circuit. Having got his car fully in front off yours and turning in, you kept to your chosen line even though the gap was disappearing - the vortex of danger. In the end, you tap his rear which would indicate your fault. However I could counter that with he should have known you were there and gone wider leaving space. There was room.

I think you have 60% blame in this with P1 taking 40% so I'll just call it a racing incident. Stuff happens sometimes.

Last edited:
This.... Is EMBARRASSING 😂 But I genuinely have forgotten why it happens.... ⚰️

So... 2nd account, start in P15 in Race C. Absolutely ZERO CONTACT all race, no off-circuit escapades, penalties, etc. I overtook 2 cars with no problems at all. Lobby full of A and A+ drivers (2nd account is on high B DR with S-rated SR).

Finish 2 places ahead in P13. Cleanest of clean races and.... my DR went down?! Why? I finished ahead of 3 drivers with an A-rating, 2 better than when I started and no contact with anything + clean race bonus...

What am I missing please?

Also @newmedia_dev and @TheNormsk I am no longer ahead of my forum friends LB - someone who a few posts above claimed to "not be interested in this week's race c" put in a couple of minutes time in qualy laps and absolutely shattered my lap time and soul by going over half a second faster than me like it's a cake walk!

Ahem.... @Nebuc72 👽😂

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-14 at 15.22.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-14 at 15.22.11.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

View attachment 1311678

Context:

Probably going to have people disagree with me, but I personally think the responsibility of the contact is on you. It doesn’t sound like there was any malice, but you’re coming out of the pits on cold medium tires, yet aren’t even fully on the brakes after being passed by the leader based on what the HUD shows, forcing your way into the apex at which point contact occurs. You did leave him just enough room at the exit but having been shoved out I could see how he likely wasn’t terribly pleased with that move.

Last edited:
Ahem.... @Nebuc72 👽😂
Yes I noticed that last night. Just couldn't help himself even though he had "no interest" in C this week. Always has to be top dog 👽.

:mischievous::D

Finish 2 places ahead in P13. Cleanest of clean races and.... my DR went down?! Why? I finished ahead of 3 drivers with an A-rating, 2 better than when I started and no contact with anything + clean race bonus...

Even with clean race DR will drop with a 13th place finish. You need to be 10th or better even with A/A+ drivers ahead of you on a B rating. 10th may give points gain but 13th, definitely will not.

EDIT: checked my GranTracker and the lowest finishing that netted a >0% DR gain was 10th. The highest finishing spot that only resulted in a 1% gain was 6th. Depends on the field.

Last edited:
This.... Is EMBARRASSING 😂 But I genuinely have forgotten why it happens.... ⚰️

So... 2nd account, start in P15 in Race C. Absolutely ZERO CONTACT all race, no off-circuit escapades, penalties, etc. I overtook 2 cars with no problems at all. Lobby full of A and A+ drivers (2nd account is on high B DR with S-rated SR).

What am I missing please?

Also @newmedia_dev and @TheNormsk I am no longer ahead of my forum friends LB - someone who a few posts above claimed to "not be interested in this week's race c" put in a couple of minutes time in qualy laps and absolutely shattered my lap time and soul by going over half a second faster than me like it's a cake walk!

Ahem.... @Nebuc72 👽😂
Imagine that you put the DR points of the 16 drivers into a pool and after the end of the race you split them according to the finishing positions. In a balanced lobby, the last half of the players will lose DR and the top half will gain.
That means that you could be racing from the back, climb to P9 and lose rating.

In a not so balaced lobby, I saw pros going from the back finishing in podium and losing DR and thats why they race daylies in second (or thirds) accounts.
Once they get get so high in A+ accounts, they would lose rating racing with mere mortals.

Ahem.... @Nebuc72 👽😂
Yes I noticed that last night. Just couldn't help himself even though he had "no interest" in C this week. Always has to be top dog 👽.

:mischievous::D
I just.. just wanted to dip my toes in.. Just a little dip...

Well I am back in DR B.

View attachment 1311577

Race 1.

Race 2.

Race 3.

Race 4.

Race 5 - DR B.

I want to like race C but I think I am going off it... There is part of me that want to continue as I know it well and can do well there to get my DR back up, but it's an abusive race this week and racing contact has been the death of me.

you'll be back; don't sweat it. I (and many of us) sat at that A/B border for months (and months and...). I could very easily drop back to a B myself.

I think the only reason I have held onto A for as long as I have in this recent run, is I have cut way back on the number of races I do, and selectively join the ones I do run. I used to run back-to-back-to-back races everyday, now it can be only a hand full a week.

I'd say the usual thing about 'i don't care about DR' but I guess I do. For one reason only. I enjoy the longer format races in the GT1 league. Still, it wouldn't be terrible if I dropped back to B.

But speaking of back-to-back racing - This week I have been doing that in Race A, so much fun! And most races have been respectful, everyone seems to be having a good time. Even if I cut some grass and fall back, it's just a blast to drive. I decided to stick with one car, the 911 to really dial it in.

you'll be back; don't sweat it. I (and many of us) sat at that A/B border for months (and months and...). I could very easily drop back to a B myself.

I think the only reason I have held onto A for as long as I have in this recent run, is I have cut way back on the number of races I do, and selectively join the ones I do run. I used to run back-to-back-to-back races everyday, now it can be only a hand full a week.

I'd say the usual thing about 'i don't care about DR' but I guess I do. For one reason only. I enjoy the longer format races in the GT1 league. Still, it wouldn't be terrible if I dropped back to B.

But speaking of back-to-back racing - This week I have been doing that in Race A, so much fun! And most races have been respectful, everyone seems to be having a good time. Even if I cut some grass and fall back, it's just a blast to drive. I decided to stick with one car, the 911 to really dial it in.
I do the same now. Last week I knew I wasn't competitive in B so didn't do it. Previously I would have tried to force the issue. C was amazing though and I'm typically a B guy.

Again this week C isn't for me but brands is so I'm just doing the ones I can compete at now rather than just racing for racings sake.

Race 1.

I was in that race. You deserved way better and this description is spot on. The individual who hit you was penalized for not changing tires. By the messages in the chat, I think folks may have prevented him from getting into the pits on the last lap.

Again, you deserved far better than what you got. I stopped for the evening after that race but will see if I can get a part of that replay posted if you wish.

We are at the thirsty end of the week now. I was told to "eat sand pig" after being pushed, blocked and rammed for 9th place. This is in an A/S lobby. Unbelievable if I'm honest.

Maybe I'm to old but I can't ever remember exhibiting that kind of behaviour. Sure I was a camper in cod when I started (day of defeat, the CS mod) I don't like the internet anymore especially the accessibility of it sometimes

By the messages in the chat, I think folks may have prevented him from getting into the pits on the last lap.
Funny thing is, is that if he was prevented from getting into the pits then again, he was a tool, for lack of planning. I know I brake slightly coming around that last term to ensure I can be on the inside to make the pit entry, even if I scrub a few tenths in the process. I had a few side by side situations where someone on the outside of me sudden decides to dive for the pits on lap 1 only to crash into my rear.

Come on guys! Plan please!

Funny thing is, is that if he was prevented from getting into the pits then again, he was a tool, for lack of planning. I know I brake slightly coming around that last term to ensure I can be on the inside to make the pit entry, even if I scrub a few tenths in the process. I had a few side by side situations where someone on the outside of me sudden decides to dive for the pits on lap 1 only to crash into my rear.

Come on guys! Plan please!
Good point.
A while ago, when we had a C race at Maggiore Center for 20 laps, I was pitting at the end of lap 18, just in case.
I haven't tried this week's race C yet, but I can't imagine the overall time difference being all that different if you come in on the next-to-last lap.

I was in that race. You deserved way better and this description is spot on. The individual who hit you was penalized for not changing tires. By the messages in the chat, I think folks may have prevented him from getting into the pits on the last lap.

Again, you deserved far better than what you got. I stopped for the evening after that race but will see if I can get a part of that replay posted if you wish.
I just looked again at my recording. You were right behind him and would have had a clear view of his move. I was wrong on the turn. It was not turn 9 but the last hairpin.

I see you started out on RM and then dove into pits lap 1. I'm beginning to think that may have been a better strategy. I was on RS start and kept on meaning to switch to RM start in later races to see how that went but on one race I forgot and another I had too little time in the lobby when I remembered. But the time I dropped to DR B, I was on pole so at that stage I was thinking that RS would allow me to hopefully have clean air and pull away...

At my level where there can be a lot of argy-bargy I've even been wondering id 2RM/8RS may even be better. In the mid field laps times are slower to begin with and if you are in front then you can potentially hold up the RS crowd behind you a bit, without losing too much tap time. Then towards the end when others are switching to RM you'll still have fresher RS tires. Perhaps that's work or perhaps not? Eventually, my DR will fall enough where I'll start to podium again.

I'm using it simply because I'm getting my fastest times in it. I haven't tried the Cayman yet, so I'll give that a try. Honestly I'd love to be faster in another car - I'm not a fan of FWD cars. But I'll keep using what works best for me.

At my level where there can be a lot of argy-bargy I've even been wondering id 2RM/8RS may even be better. In the mid field laps times are slower to begin with and if you are in front then you can potentially hold up the RS crowd behind you a bit, without losing too much tap time. Then towards the end when others are switching to RM you'll still have fresher RS tires. Perhaps that's work or perhaps not? Eventually, my DR will fall enough where I'll start to podium again.
A 2/8 might be viable - in my race this morning, 2/3rds of the grid jumped into the pit on lap 1! So there goes your 'clear space'!

I started P14 (ugh, it was P7ish earlier in the week). I stayed on the softs because I had an idea this would happen and, really, I had zero chance. Did manage to crawl up to a P10 finish because of the QT-like laps I was running all by myself and keeping my nose clean.

I just looked again at my recording. You were right behind him and would have had a clear view of his move. I was wrong on the turn. It was not turn 9 but the last hairpin.

I see you started out on RM and then dove into pits lap 1. I'm beginning to think that may have been a better strategy. I was on RS start and kept on meaning to switch to RM start in later races to see how that went but on one race I forgot and another I had too little time in the lobby when I remembered. But the time I dropped to DR B, I was on pole so at that stage I was thinking that RS would allow me to hopefully have clean air and pull away...

Yup. I saw the whole thing unfold. That individual should have at least waited and given you back your position.

I start on RMs and pit on lap 1 not for a particularly savvy reason (like strategy) it's more this:

I play in V.R. exclusively on GT7. The wheel doesn't indicate the number of laps in any way. By pitting on lap 1 I don't have to count laps.

Latest Posts

Back