GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,045 comments
Yup. I saw the whole thing unfold. That individual should have at least waited and given you back your position.

I start on RMs and pit on lap 1 not for a particularly savvy reason (like strategy) it's more this:

I play in V.R. exclusively on GT7. The wheel doesn't indicate the number of laps in any way. By pitting on lap 1 I don't have to count laps.
I just watched the replay (not my live recording) and this race was a doozy. I will do a video on it. I got taken out, I can only think deliberately, by two different cars. Ironically, the other car was also in a contact tussle with the previously mentioned tool; he was in a slower 458 and perhaps had anger issues with the Genesis at that point 🤷‍♂️

The lap 1 incident was not a dive bomb in hindsight. It looked like he braked perfectly able to stay behind me but decided to let go of the brakes once he saw my side and deliberately punted me out the way in the side. Basically, he knew that GT does not penalize side quarter impacts (only rear ends) so he could hit me with impunity.As for his 1 minute penalty, I went around as him and it looks like he just forgot to pit.

What was amazing was lap 2 or 3 where he was in 2nd after taking me out, the leader slowed down, allowed the tool to pass and then forcibly pit maneuvered him into the barrier. Not sure if there had been bad blood between those two in the past or if this person just had a reputation - which I would not be surprised given how he was using other cars to his advantage - but discipline was dispensed with extreme prejudice. Regrettably, that then put him in front of me again, which then let to the later tussle with the other car.... For my race, I may have been able to avoid the second crash and stay in the points, if he hadn't done that....

Last edited:
I'm using it simply because I'm getting my fastest times in it. I haven't tried the Cayman yet, so I'll give that a try. Honestly I'd love to be faster in another car - I'm not a fan of FWD cars. But I'll keep using what works best for me.
And it's the most competitive car, the supra is faster but it's just not as easy to concentrate and keep pace up with.

Honestly I don't think the cayman is the answer either. I actually had a cayman and love them to bits but the gearing is so long and in race you don't often get the time or space to sweep in with it.

Edit:

And I'm an off piste kinda guy, my sub 1:40 time for C is in the supra 500 GT but for brand you need a cup spec car, I'd say the scirroco is probably a better alt to the Mazda and supra over the cayman. Just because you can force the understeer to carry the speed over the RWD stuff.

Last edited:
Daily Race A, Green Heck, in VR
Thank you PD, the past few weeks you have finally brought us fun with road cars
More of this please

I simply cannot get enough of this
I am also pleasantly surprised by race A. My previous experience with the Ring in a daily race was an instant SR sink.
This race is fun and the combo of no DR change but SR effect seems to work really well. Fun!

Had some racing yesterday. I managed to win this battle for 7th place by 2 thousandths of a second.
SHARE_20231214_1009540.jpeg

I had a much better experience today in Race C in the Genesis. I still had a few small wiggles in my practice session that did slow my race pace down. I came close to improving my time, but those wiggles cost me in the end.

Even with my new time I was P13 on the grid. I switch to the soft tires on the end of lap 1 and turn laps. A few people quit the race and after all is said and done I finish P7. I'm very pleased with this result and it makes up for the last races I had.

My second race has me P8 this time and I use the same pit strategy as last race. On lap 2, I get a great run down the front stretch and make a pass that they don't like too much. They lean on me entering that awkward chicane thing and I lean on them right back. They are not a threat after that. A few drivers spin and I finish P4 in the end with a clean race bonus!

I still need to ease into the throttle easier going forward, but that will come with practice. The Genesis seems fine as a car with the short time I've drove it. I'll use it if I need to, but I prefer the Porsche overall.

Hey, @Dep Fishtail ...

View attachment 1311867
Nice work dumpin' some more time at the Nord'! PLUS, I see y'all been partyin' over at Sardegna...got a pile of you jerks to climb over now.🤣🤣🤣

@TheNormsk nice qt over there, that's gonna be a tough mountain to climb!👍

:cheers:
LoL
I was waiting for that 😂
Thanks for not disappointing! Your choice of cars was bang on! 911 is sweet.
I left you some room to leapfrog 😉

Actually I bet a lot of folks over here would luv the new Deep Forest TT👍
Definitely a blast and evening got
from me playing on it 🍻

And it's the most competitive car, the supra is faster but it's just not as easy to concentrate and keep pace up with.

Honestly I don't think the cayman is the answer either. I actually had a cayman and love them to bits but the gearing is so long and in race you don't often get the time or space to sweep in with it.

Edit:

And I'm an off piste kinda guy, my sub 1:40 time for C is in the supra 500 GT but for brand you need a cup spec car, I'd say the scirroco is probably a better alt to the Mazda and supra over the cayman. Just because you can force the understeer to carry the speed over the RWD stuff.
I am equalling my best times in the Genesys driving the Ford GT Spec 2 and it's much better to race in. I tweak the suspension to suit my style better but it handles great and goes up to 164 mph on the start/ finish straight, which allows me to make most of my overtakes at the very end as the brakes are really good and stops on a dime!

Give that a go!

Last edited:
I'm enjoying Brands Hatch, I did get drowsy some last night so I had to stop. What's the best reliable car to use because I can't get my time down below 1'34.000.

I am equalling my best times in the Genesys driving the Ford GT Spec 2 and it's much better to race in. I tweak the suspension to suit my style better but it handles great and goes up to 164 mph on the start/ finish straight, which allows me to make most of my overtakes at the very end as the brakes are really good and stops on a dime!

Give that a go!
I didn't think to try that!!!

Will go give it a go

Edit:

@Chris30 i managed a 1:30.5 in the Mazda 3 the secret is for the hairpin to upshift to 3rd for the exit.

The other alt car would probably be the scirrocco in FF/4WD for FR the silva is also very viable.

Last edited:
Have had a head cold and been busy at work so didn't do much online for about a week. Just got out to give a few laps at Sardegna in the Genesis X. What a sad car to have been made OP. I don't know if it is because I've been away but this thing feels like it's a Gr3 FF that will spin out in low gears. Will do a few more laps as I really need to learn to drive more cars but man this thing doesn't suit my personality

Got a W in the Diablo yesterday. Started P2 and just stayed there until the final straight. I was about .750" back which is a good gap for this combo. Actually, I think .850-1.000" would be better. Since the slip is so strong, I went flying by but then he got in my slip and came on pretty fast at the braking point. He did hit me but not hard enough to push me off track and apologized afterwards, so no worries.

I still think the slip is much too strong; driving your heart out to get in the lead - or even up front - is not a good strat, rather it's better to just hang back and wait for the slip to do its thing. In fact, people are going slow on purpose as to not end up in front before Dottinger. Reminds me of that F1 race a couple years back where Max had to let Lewis by and neither one of them wanted to be first one over the DRS line so they were both going slow on purpose (I can't remember which and am too lazy to look it up).

The Lambo isn't too bad either, honestly. Was fun to drive. The LFA is still my favorite. There is enough looseness in the rear to induce a nice, controllable drift that's easy to catch. Super fun.

d9bd7bbde35a647158f5690221e90391_photo.webp

Was going to run some qualifying laps at the Nord' as I was recently trampled down my list by unnamed offenders. For various reasons I wasn't paying attention when I entered, apparently, because after a few restarts and starting to find my groove on course, screen goes black. ???????? Ooops. So we're going racing instead, cool.🙃

We're lined-up and I'm nervous as hell. Didn't mean to be there but with the lobby loading, the quittin' window closed. Figured I'd make the best of it and protect SR. Started P2 behind a Supra and had an 'uneventful' run, if such a thing exists at Green Hell. Had a hell of a launch but P1 closed the door on me hard coming into T1. I get it, I was over anxious. Wasn't the best of laps anyway and P1 ended-up almost 10 secs ahead. Was going great until I screwed-up the mini carousel pretty bad, which allowed P3 to get into the sub 1-second range so I started to pucker a bit. Luckily they had a penalty, and then must have gone sightseeing coming into the blender at the end of the straight, too. They crossed the line 6+ behind, all was good.🤣

Loving this combo. Have run through a bunch of the cars and keep landing on the 911. It's just fun to drive. The LFA is, too, but as others mentioned, it's sooo damn easy to lay the thing out sideways that laps turn into amazing movie scenes -vs- qualifiers. Do need to try it again before they go, though.

And I agree @Dep Fishtail , I think Deep Forest offers a similar dopamine hit. Great track!👍

:cheers:

Last edited:
Have had a head cold and been busy at work so didn't do much online for about a week. Just got out to give a few laps at Sardegna in the Genesis X. What a sad car to have been made OP. I don't know if it is because I've been away but this thing feels like it's a Gr3 FF that will spin out in low gears. Will do a few more laps as I really need to learn to drive more cars but man this thing doesn't suit my personality
You need to put a tune on the car to make it drivable and also shifting at around 90-95% redline induces the best pull on the car.

I am trying @Nebuc72 trying very hard indeed.

IMG_0028.jpeg

image.jpg

Edit:

I managed to go faster in the Gr 3 stuff but only above @TechnoIsLove but is is hair splitting, at this point. Not even a top 1500.

From where I came from to now im pretty happy with my progress. It's taken effort and stepping back and analysing or mimicking these aliens but it's all progress.

I think the thing I've learned on this journey is that this is a game of nuances and practice make you better. Probably true of a lot of things but driving is a very emotive thing and being in that zone for a few laps where you can self reflect help you get better rather than try to brake later and later etc.

Last edited:
Took me about 20 laps of fiddling with the suspension to find my best setup but it was worth it!!

It's not just about the single lap, which I improved overall, but the drivability of the car! It already was great but not it's perfect, at least for me!

@Nebuc72 is obviously out of the question since he is a different species but Bob has always been ahead of me in the lap times, since the very launch of the game. He is possibly one of the best overall drivers I know. To get ahead of him, on attempt 3,456,024 is such a great feeling! 🤩

Also, @newmedia_dev , are you Glen in my LB?

If yes, sorry! 😂

1702665453539.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 19.41.13 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 19.41.13 (1).jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 19.41.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 19.41.13.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Took me about 20 laps of fiddling with the suspension to find my best setup but it was worth it!!

It's not just about the single lap, which I improved overall, but the drivability of the car! It already was great but not it's perfect, at least for me!

@Nebuc72 is obviously out of the question since he is a different species but Bob has always been ahead of me in the lap times, since the very launch of the game. He is possibly one of the best overall drivers I know. To get ahead of him, on attempt 3,456,024 is such a great feeling! 🤩

Also, @newmedia_dev , are you Glen in my LB?

If yes, sorry! 😂

View attachment 1312081

Seriously! (Yeah im
Glen)

Ah man I just don't enjoy these laps!

Edit: come and do this Gr4 one!!! Come at me :)

Last edited:
Seriously! (Yeah im
Glen)

Ah man I just don't enjoy these laps!

Edit: come and do this Gr4 one!!! Come at me :)
Brands Hatch doesn't interest me much, it's the holy grail of punts, swipes and DR loss 😂 I know I was somewhere in the top 500 on Monday, which means I probably dropped down to 24,00th by today's times 😅

Also, imagine a 9 year old kid going "na na na na na na" with his tongue out and wearing one of those caps with a spinning rotor on the top. That's me right now, looking at your P4 time in my LB 😂😂😂

PS - ❤️

Current world record for Daily Race A, probably won't last long If yuhki joins in😅

Edit: Re-Uploaded it due to audio sync issues

It's pretty amazing watching that! I'm 20 seconds slower (BMW) and I can see the bits where I'm losing a lot of time, but trying to put it all together for one lap is so hard. I'll get a lap where it's going good, then I get too cautious towards the end and lose the time again.

Back