GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,045 comments
Did one race c just now and OMG the lag!! Cars bouncing from side to side, could not concentrate as much as I should... Got hit plenty of times, quite sure I hit others without either of us knowing. Everyone was trying to give each other space whilst the pole sitter ran away. Ended up finishing P14 from a P10 finish after someone lag-skipped from my inside left to right in front, causing me to hit his rear right and spinning off. BS

The annoying thing was P1 had a red bar and everyone else had 3 yellow so pretty sure he caused the overall problems... He's fast, had a 1:38:0 qualy time and was setting 1:38's all race but anyone who got close to him ended up in trouble as well with him fluttering about. Needs fixing lol

Did one race c just now and OMG the lag!! Cars bouncing from side to side, could not concentrate as much as I should... Got hit plenty of times, quite sure I hit others without either of us knowing. Everyone was trying to give each other space whilst the pole sitter ran away. Ended up finishing P14 from a P10 finish after someone lag-skipped from my inside left to right in front, causing me to hit his rear right and spinning off. BS

The annoying thing was P1 had a red bar and everyone else had 3 yellow so pretty sure he caused the overall problems... He's fast, had a 1:38:0 qualy time and was setting 1:38's all race but anyone who got close to him ended up in trouble as well with him fluttering about. Needs fixing lol
I just quit a Friday night fun lobby that was super laggy too. Remembered seeing your post and decided to call it after only 4 races. Hope it’s fixed soon. Makes the game unplayable. 😞

Solid races this week, in A and C for me and I know some of you weirdos enjoy Brands.

It's fun to do Sardegna against people, for us veterans who remember grinding 20 laps against AI to get that $$$ back when the game launched. It was always my personal go to for it as I enjoyed the drive the most and that remains, nice touch with the low sunlight too.

Race A is a blast. These are basically all my favourite cars to drive the ring in so it's perfect for a few runs out and not too long people won't bother, seems pretty busy even early this morning.

No idea if these combos are a repeat but if they are then they're well chosen. Haven't played in a while so it's nice to get a net positive experience with the little time I have at the moment.

Hope all are well and merry christmas if I'm away for the period :cheers:

Solid races this week, in A and C for me and I know some of you weirdos enjoy Brands.

It's fun to do Sardegna against people, for us veterans who remember grinding 20 laps against AI to get that $$$ back when the game launched. It was always my personal go to for it as I enjoyed the drive the most and that remains, nice touch with the low sunlight too.

Race A is a blast. These are basically all my favourite cars to drive the ring in so it's perfect for a few runs out and not too long people won't bother, seems pretty busy even early this morning.

No idea if these combos are a repeat but if they are then they're well chosen. Haven't played in a while so it's nice to get a net positive experience with the little time I have at the moment.

Hope all are well and merry christmas if I'm away for the period :cheers:
Hope you have a safe holiday too, we are going on a trip around the 23rd of December, so I will have to take my ps4 console and TV with me. And all the plugs/controllers.

Got a dubs in the McLaren/Merc in Daily A. This is not the car, gents. It drives well enough, but it's just slow. It was a really fun race, as despite starting on pole, an LFA got passed me on the short straight just before the two right kinks, at the beginning of the lap. It was a legit pass but ultimately his undoing as over the remainder of the lap I was able to mind the gap onto Dottenger, and with the ridiculously OP slip, got passed. It was hairy at the end with four of us super close, but ultimately clean.

bb674ef98f3cc34bd2550b4aa81db260_photo.webp

ebc963c364323801174ed944639c6d5f_photo.webp

Controversial opinion, but I don't like this OP slip within last week's C and this week's A, despite being the beneficiary of it a couple of times (as well as being the benefactor, so to speak, multiple times as well). Everyone likes the side-by-side racing but it's purely artificial, and often just leads to chaos. At Deep Forest last week, you could put .750" on the car behind in S1 and lose it all on the back straight. It's kinda demoralizing... like what's the point of pushing when driving slower would be the better strat? I've been in two races now where I was P2 getting to Dottenger and the person ahead purposely pulled over and slowed down so they could be P2 going onto the straight. Super lame.

Plus, it only works if the gaggle of cars around are willing to play nice and aware they're going MUCH faster than they're used to, which often doesn't happen. Ultimately, resulting in getting punted; whether it was on purpose or accident, it matters naught to the puntee. At last week's C, at the end of the back straight people would dive-bombing like mad into the left, and trying to go three wide into those tight s-turns. It just doesn't work if everyone isn't willing to play.

I want to be in side-by-side races with people of a similar skill level (whatever that may be) who "earned" the right to be there rather than someone who made up 1.250" now going 20mph faster on a straight simply because of a setting within race. Otherwise, it's just a faux gratification.

The road cars are very fun to drive, but the OP slip has to go.

Brands hatch is refreshingly clean this afternoon, got my fastest time in that horrible Mazda but having some me great racing in the Ferrari, better race car. (1.31.137 B/B) couple of wins in the bag, led from the pole and won by a few tenths both races

I agree @Talon16 the slip is tooooo op.

It makes me wonder how balanced the cars really are. At TM I could almost understand it to keep pulling the packs together. At Nurbs I'm not sure what purpose it really serves on such a narrow track apart from one place where people can live out their fast and furious nitro fantasy's.

Otherwise having these custom road cars is a very much welcome addition. Let's hope they bring them back on some more race orientated circuits!

I kind of cheated a bit today... I have been slowly feeling sadder and sadder over the past 2 weeks, getting hit and swiped with no fault from my end and the result from all this is going from almost 80% complete on my way to A+ rating in DR (main account) to getting demoted this morning to B!!! ⚰️ 😞😭

So I decided I needed a pick-me-up to inject a small dose of happiness to my Sport Mode sorrows... Hello 3rd account 😂 I quickly progressed to complete Menu 9, did 3 circuit experience challenges (all in gold) to get some $$$ and bought the GT Spec II and did 3 races so far...

Race 1 - Started P1 but a Swiss monster climbed his way up from P8 to beat me by 2 seconds.

Race 2 - I started P2 with him setting a stunning qualy time of 1:38:1 to start on pole ahead of me! I did not make a mistake all race, averaging a lap time between 1:40:1 on softs and 1:41:3 during the final 3 laps on mediums. He absolutely crushed me by finishing almost 30s ahead of me! Again, I made no mistakes, hit no traffic and was consistent! And this guy was doing low 1:38's all race on both set of compounds!!

Race 3 - He finally stopped racing so it was my turn to collect all the awards 😂😎🥳

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 20.55.34 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 20.55.34 (1).jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 20.55.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 20.55.34.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 20.55.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 20.55.33.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 21.06.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 21.06.15.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Techno, this is the journey we are on my friend. Its almost like a two step dance in that we can't always be moving forwards.

I did nearly 20 races today (I woke early so started at 5am)

And basically I am square one, I won races in A+ lobbies I brought home 8th and 9th places and even and this pains me pitted at brands from first because my wife left her keys at home. That one hurt if I'm honest as I was leading the race with a lap to go....but there are other races and 4000 in I don't think one is going to make the difference.

We and all of us on this thread are mastering our craft, not just win. But race and that is what we do is all that matters. The results find themselves but the experience is what makes us better and better.

I agree with you on all your points, sir! The majority of my problems over the past few weeks is server lag! I 100% know its not down to my connection, I have the fastest service available in Malta - 2GB MBps fibre optic internet! So when I start mid-pack, it's almost guaranteed I will be hit and lose positions/ DR. This is why I created the new account, I know it is a bit scummy to actual new players, but at least like this, starting from the front, other people's connection won't disturb me since I will be so far ahead 😂 😖😵‍💫🤐😵

Techno, this is the journey we are on my friend. Its almost like a two step dance in that we can't always be moving forwards.

I did nearly 20 races today (I woke early so started at 5am)

And basically I am square one, I won races in A+ lobbies I brought home 8th and 9th places and even and this pains me pitted at brands from first because my wife left her keys at home. That one hurt if I'm honest as I was leading the race with a lap to go....but there are other races and 4000 in I don't think one is going to make the difference.

We and all of us on this thread are mastering our craft, not just win. But race and that is what we do is all that matters. The results find themselves but the experience is what makes us better and better.
Lol, I wish I could stay awake long enough to do 30-40 races a day but it's hard. I get drowsy everytime after I eat, I don't know what the cause of it is.

I agree with you on all your points, sir! The majority of my problems over the past few weeks is server lag! I 100% know its not down to my connection, I have the fastest service available in Malta - 2GB MBps fibre optic internet! So when I start mid-pack, it's almost guaranteed I will be hit and lose positions/ DR. This is why I created the new account, I know it is a bit scummy to actual new players, but at least like this, starting from the front, other people's connection won't disturb me since I will be so far ahead 😂 😖😵‍💫🤐😵
I'd do and have done the same to be honest. A little bit of starting from the front is good for the soul ;)

Just so you know I've also had lag for the last week. It's usually a prelude to either a PSN update or a GT update which I'm guessing is coming mid jan they are just moving the files around.

It's funny to log in and see other people with similar feelings about the game. I spent 3 weeks divebombing from DR A down to DR B at around 65%. Then last week I got back up to DR A (only 13%, but hey, A is A).

This week has been a struggle with averaging starting around P10-11 in A lobbies. I finally took a nosedive back into DR B, and this happens in the first B lobby I was in:

1702768714471.png

So my QT is good enough for pole position in a B lobby, and I basically run away with the race. But it's only good enough for around P10 in A lobbies, where gaining enough points to stay there is pretty hard.

It seems to me there should be a happy medium somewhere in between. Or maybe not. But I'll just end up back up to an A lobby, and then get smashed back down.

I'm not sure this is fun.

It's funny to log in and see other people with similar feelings about the game. I spent 3 weeks divebombing from DR A down to DR B at around 65%. Then last week I got back up to DR A (only 13%, but hey, A is A).

This week has been a struggle with averaging starting around P10-11 in A lobbies. I finally took a nosedive back into DR B, and this happens in the first B lobby I was in:

View attachment 1312367

So my QT is good enough for pole position in a B lobby, and I basically run away with the race. But it's only good enough for around P10 in A lobbies, where gaining enough points to stay there is pretty hard.

It seems to me there should be a happy medium somewhere in between. Or maybe not. But I'll just end up back up to an A lobby, and then get smashed back down.

I'm not sure this is fun.
I can see by the front of the car (engine) that you used the Mazda one? I'm trying to get a better QT. The Sciccoco is not doing it's job properly.

I'll miss Daily Race A next week. It has been really refreshing to run a mix of road cars around the ring.
Yeah! Again, I apologize for squeezing you off. I was sliding alot more than usual in that race, full-on drifting around a few corners and just couldn't stick to that inside line there. (I should have saved a replay for some 911 drift action. I couldn't do that again if I tried)

Second run was great. Until it wasn't. You deserved that podium!. Funny, I never had an issue or crash in that spot, but I've done a fair number of races, so maybe I'll log a crash in just about every corner I can.

Yeah! Again, I apologize for squeezing you off. I was sliding alot more than usual in that race, full-on drifting around a few corners and just couldn't stick to that inside line there. (I should have saved a replay for some 911 drift action. I couldn't do that again if I tried)

Second run was great. Until it wasn't. You deserved that podium!. Funny, I never had an issue or crash in that spot, but I've done a fair number of races, so maybe I'll log a crash in just about every corner I can.
Yeah that Porsche looked a handful! To be honest, I ran wide a couple times which is how I fell 4 seconds behind before your spill. Before that I was thinking "yeah, you earned that" 😅. It was a fun race anyways. Hope to race against you again soon!

Race A is a no DR race. His rating wouldn’t have changed.

Yeah it was weird.

I watched the replay to see what happened thinking he crashed and couldn't get it going again, but he just went down the run off at the last corner and just sat there revving the engine until everyone went past him.

@mellofello9 ahh WTH??
Not sure when you plan to wait for any of us to catch up 🤔

Saw you were 19 when I jumped on this afternoon but did TT and then got distracted with DF and Sophy. Switched back to see what was happening and ugh 17? Really 👽

Nice work 🍻

View attachment 1312438
I have been having tooo much fun in there. 🤣

Thank you!! I was able to spend more than 30 minutes with the TV for once and was really gettin' into battling the track. Did a couple races and fared well but ended-up back at qualifying. I like racing other people here but this place is odd in a way. There are times when the track itself is just the competition you're looking for, and today was one of those times. The friends list is the fire that motivates, so thanks for that, too!:cheers:

I got 10 or so secs to go before i get beamed up to the mother ship, but that lap was a blast. I was droppin' time all over the place and STILL smilin' ear-to-ear like a little kid. 😁

EDIT
Also wanted to mention that I dropped my tune at Sardegna, which then dropped a second off my lap time. Running stock/default I'm down to a 1:39.724 in there (911)...that last right/left combo before the final hairpin is still sketchy af, tho. 🤣

Last edited:
I can see by the front of the car (engine) that you used the Mazda one? I'm trying to get a better QT. The Sciccoco is not doing it's job properly.
Yes, I've been using the Mazda. Also, and I know some people will give me smack over this, but I've found I can get slightly better times using some of the assists.

Since I usually turn these on or off as a group, I'm not sure which is helping, but here's the settings I'm using:
  • Traction Control: 1
  • ASM: On
  • CA: Strong
Like I said, I'm not sure which of these are helping. But with them on, I find it helps with things like the last turn, where you turn right and go down a hill. I can hit the gas and not go into the grass/sand as easily.

They don't make a huge difference, but enough to make me a little quicker, and not have to be as careful in certain spots.

PS: For those doubters that these settings can affect a FWD car, they honestly can. It's possible that they slow me up in a couple of spots, but they do actually have an effect.

Yes, I've been using the Mazda. Also, and I know some people will give me smack over this, but I've found I can get slightly better times using some of the assists.

Since I usually turn these on or off as a group, I'm not sure which is helping, but here's the settings I'm using:
Like I said, I'm not sure which of these are helping. But with them on, I find it helps with things like the last turn, where you turn right and go down a hill. I can hit the gas and not go into the grass/sand as easily.

They don't make a huge difference, but enough to make me a little quicker, and not have to be as careful in certain spots.

PS: For those doubters that these settings can affect a FWD car, they honestly can. It's possible that they slow me up in a couple of spots, but they do actually have an effect.

I use ASM on when using the NSX, allows me to get the power down quicker out of Druids and the most important Surtees for the backstraight.
With it off I'm 0.2-0.3 slower, use what's needed.

I use the Mazda and have a 1:30.2 with no assists on.

The key with the assists helping you I think come from 2 things:

Everywhere you feel like you should be exiting in 2nd gear use 3rd instead. The same applies to downshifting to 3rd to help turn in but then back up to 4th.

The car has a huge amount of torque steer even in 3rd you want to be straightening the wheel as much as possible before going full throttle, as the more lock the more the LSD slips which is preciously burning forward acceleration.

So it's primarily the TC that is helping as it's helping a little bit to hide the torque by cutting the power.

The car is inherently stable so I'm not sure why Stability Management or counter steering assist help as you aren't catching rear slides with it.

The only area I think ASM might be helping is with the understeer. I deliberately turn in to hard at the top of the hill and understeer over the curb, but and it's purely driving style preference you might be understeering more than you think and the ASM again is braking the front/rear gently to get the traction back, without ASM you just need to straighten the wheel and get back on the power to get the same effect but without being slowed.

Just some thoughts.

Back