GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,055 comments
It's amazing how something that makes almost no sound at all still...
View attachment 1312800
Back in the day, at our LANs, we used to run the "Algore Eco Challenge". Essentially it was a series of six races using six eco cars (in GT4, 5, and 6), with players allowed to use each car once only.

While they were hilarious races, there was always something about four different CVTs droning along at four different pitches that made it appalling on the straights.

Back in the day, at our LANs, we used to run the "Algore Eco Challenge". Essentially it was a series of six races using six eco cars (in GT4, 5, and 6), with players allowed to use each car once only.

While they were hilarious races, there was always something about four different CVTs droning along at four different pitches that made it appalling on the straights.
Opportunity missed...y'all should've figured out a song to recreate to cull SOME good from that. Well, beyond the hilarity, that is. 🤣

This weeks guide, on 3 hours sleep 👀 , didn't get much on Saturday either so technically feels like Practice for the 24 hours of nurburgring on Friday haha. Definitely not a fan of Race A, seems like a pointless race. B and C seem good, C I think will have a couple of different strategies which is always good!

Seeing that Race A. PD can totally tune the RS500, E30/Evo, 190 E and MA70, for DTM races.
That is such a good point.

In fact -- if they can do this, theres tons of pseduo race-specs they could imitate by customising road cars.
One of the best weeks of racing is over.. replaced with.. not the best :-)

Thank you M3 for letting me be fast and win and thank you Porsche.. i loved the dance

And Brands was a joy as well, did all dirty players leave and go play The Finals instead?

Let's hope they can visibly see more people (one would assume) clocking in to GT7 for those races, last two weeks have been a blast with these tuned road cars. If they can lock down a set of balanced supercars, tuners and muscles for regular daily race rotation I would be a very happy man.

It is really funny how Interlagos designed its logo to look exactly like my QT session there. All the lines....

IMG_0037.jpeg

That is such a good point.

In fact -- if they can do this, theres tons of pseduo race-specs they could imitate by customising road cars.
Let's hope they can visibly see more people (one would assume) clocking in to GT7 for those races, last two weeks have been a blast with these tuned road cars. If they can lock down a set of balanced supercars, tuners and muscles for regular daily race rotation I would be a very happy man.
It's the same for me or atleast give us a race A that lasts more than 6-7 minutes. I raced a lot in Race C with the street cars at Trial Mountain but now its back to the usual boring GR2-3-4 cars so I'm out. I guess I'm probably not the only one. I would be curious to see the player population variation since then.

I would add a random element there and I would assign the cars at random before the race starts so that not everyone ends up with the meta like we had with the M3. Bring back shuffle racing from GT5, lets have a little bit of fun and make sport mode less sweaty and esports focused.

And as you said, there's so much potential like an old school DTM event with the 190E, E30 M3 and Sierra Cosworth or an old school 1970's trans am event with the '70 Challenger, '70 Mustang Boss 429 and the Z/28 Camaro. Even a Impreza versus Lancer event. There is so much potential. I would have like to see tire wear and fuel usage as well in the last great Race C with the street cars.

Last edited:
I don't think the player population changes much, more the population follows the best racing.

GR3 IIRC is the most popular TT and Daily category but the new events probably moved a lot of GR 3 players to the custom car event.

To the point about meta cars, it's sort of only is meta at the most consistent lobbies or hands to be fair. Clearly some cars have more stability or power but that doesn't always mean they are meta for everyone.

If you ignore the leaderboards and just choose the car you are most comfortable with you will usually have a decent race I have found.

I don't think the player population changes much, more the population follows the best racing.

GR3 IIRC is the most popular TT and Daily category but the new events probably moved a lot of GR 3 players to the custom car event.

To the point about meta cars, it's sort of only is meta at the most consistent lobbies or hands to be fair. Clearly some cars have more stability or power but that doesn't always mean they are meta for everyone.

If you ignore the leaderboards and just choose the car you are most comfortable with you will usually have a decent race I have found.
Exactly! In certain cases, you just HAVE to use to meta, this last week and the previous one for Group 4 + Mazda - you're either in it or at the back of the field. But, in cases like this week's Race C, the meta race car is again the Mazda but I think I can have a decent race with the McLaren as I love the way it handles.

Only did a few laps of practice so far, the LB standing doesn't tell the true story though, I am still (at time of checking) 1.5s off the top but hoping to improve by maybe 0.5s in the coming days and have some good races too. Still can't believe I went from high A/ DR to B over the past 2 weeks, 99% of which is from being hit or improving the start/ finish rank but still too far back to gain DR :(

Attachments

• 18DecRaceCLB.jpeg
    18DecRaceCLB.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 11
Well I didn't even start qualifying until Sat, but had an absolute blast at Sardegna race C on Sunday. Maybe a little Birthday mojo. Won 4 out of 5 races with a P2 at one point and even started on pole a couple times with a 1:39.7 QT. My DR went from low B to halfway to A.

Some great battles and extremely clean. I normally always start on RM but being on pole allowed me to try and gap the field on softs which was fun. I used to hate being on pole but getting more comfortable to not fold under pressure.

Interlagos this week, which I'm not particularly good at. I'm off work for the rest of the year so maybe I'll get some good practice in, both there and Deep Forest.

Attachments

• 18c7e01789727-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c7e01789727-screenshotUrl.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Exactly! In certain cases, you just HAVE to use to meta, this last week and the previous one for Group 4 + Mazda - you're either in it or at the back of the field. But, in cases like this week's Race C, the meta race car is again the Mazda but I think I can have a decent race with the McLaren as I love the way it handles.

Only did a few laps of practice so far, the LB standing doesn't tell the true story though, I am still (at time of checking) 1.5s off the top but hoping to improve by maybe 0.5s in the coming days and have some good races too. Still can't believe I went from high A/ DR to B over the past 2 weeks, 99% of which is from being hit or improving the start/ finish rank but still too far back to gain DR :(
It will change but my DR and SR are getting a hammering at Deep Forest. My petulant quits and the whole people need to win at the first corner mob are in force early on. I think it's down to how tricky Interlagos is to not only set a time but run at pace, as dive bombing doesn't work well there just by doing it you become the guy behinds fodder.

But I'll get even quicker through the week, although I don't think this will be a particularly strong week for me personally.

Decent start for the week at Deep Forest. Been good close but clean racing in 4 races so far. Managed a couple of CRB’s which is always welcome. One p5 and lost p6 at the line to Hellzfire earlier and definitely had some good competition. Other races were middle pack which is best I can hope for with these grids.

Using the 911 but just barely beat my time with the Ford. Racing in the 911 is much better before I get caught behind a Ford because most are slow with them in the corners but make up ground on the straights. If I get by, they can usually catch my slip plus their obvious speed and pass again before it gets twisty 🙄

Hopefully I don’t have to switch over to the Ford but racing from mid-pack starts isn’t the best for me and the trusty 911 so far 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'll be doing some racing at Interlagos this week as it's track I do enjoy racing at. It wasn't at first, but it grew on me overtime. But, before all of that I think I figured out why I'm not a quick as I could be. I found a random YouTube video explaining how by turning the steering wheel too much creates under steer. Which I've been doing with out even realizing I was doing it since I've started playing GT Sport. Plus, easing into the throttle is making a huge difference so far. I had no idea I was doing it until I watched the video. I'll post it below for those who want to watch it.

So, I started in the Huracan as I'm familiar with the car and set a time of 1:39.7XX after slowly figuring out that I was making myself under steer and making corrections on the fly. I then switched to the McLaren and have a time of 1:39.9XX so far. I'm going to turn more laps in the McLaren and see what I can do.

I'll be doing some racing at Interlagos this week as it's track I do enjoy racing at. It wasn't at first, but it grew on me overtime. But, before all of that I think I figured out why I'm not a quick as I could be. I found a random YouTube video explaining how by turning the steering wheel too much creates under steer. Which I've been doing with out even realizing I was doing it since I've started playing GT Sport. Plus, easing into the throttle is making a huge difference so far. I had no idea I was doing it until I watched the video. I'll post it below for those who want to watch it.

So, I started in the Huracan as I'm familiar with the car and set a time of 1:39.7XX after slowly figuring out that I was making myself under steer and making corrections on the fly. I then switched to the McLaren and have a time of 1:39.9XX so far. I'm going to turn more laps in the McLaren and see what I can do.

Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.
I’m always looking for ways to improve as well and I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to turning too much. I find myself trying so hard to not turn too much that on 90’s and hairpins I need to concentrate on turning more 😂

Balance.

Some tracks the right amount seems natural but on others, it is something I have to focus on for every lap in one or two corners.

Have fun racing 🍻 Good luck.

-2 with the 650 was working alright for me.

Thanks I’ll give that a try. I like the handling of the 650, but so far, I haven’t managed to get it within .4 of a second of my Mazda 3 time.

I’ve tried all sorts of cars and the Mazda 3 is still the quickest for me, but judging by the leader boards, it shouldn’t be on this track. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I’ve been studying the fast guys replay, looking at their gear changes and so on, and I’m still not getting better than a 1:39.4.

Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.
I’m always looking for ways to improve as well and I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to turning too much. I find myself trying so hard to not turn too much that on 90’s and hairpins I need to concentrate on turning more 😂

Balance.

Some tracks the right amount seems natural but on others, it is something I have to focus on for every lap in one or two corners.

Have fun racing 🍻 Good luck.
I think this is where I struggled more with motion control - I was thinking I never had enough steering lock for right turns. But in reality I was steering too much and understeering wide very often. At least with having a wheel now, I can feel where it is happening.

I'm currently sixth place Worldwide in race A and with a perfect lap I can get about two tenths more. I did a few last to first challenges so far on my alt account and it's as chaotic as I expected which will be entertaining for a bit and make for good highlight videos, especially in this livery
20970797739210886.jpg

I can see why most people liked the previous race A, but to me a meme race is good every now and then.

I like the handling of the 650, but so far, I haven’t managed to get it within .4 of a second of my Mazda 3 time.

I’ve tried all sorts of cars and the Mazda 3 is still the quickest for me, but judging by the leader boards, it shouldn’t be on this track. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I’ve been studying the fast guys replay, looking at their gear changes and so on, and I’m still not getting better than a 1:39.4.
Are you short-shifting the 650? In the top-time replays that I've watched, the drivers are shifting at around 75% of the max.

I'm currently working on testing all the Gr.4 cars in anticipation of the next season of the Manufacturers Cup. I've been able to get an optimal lap time of 1:38.670 out of the McLaren over 3 laps, but was faster in the V8 Vantage (1:38.476), Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car (1:38.487), SLS AMG (1:38.563), and NSX (1:38.575). You might want to give one of those a try.

Here are my results, for anyone who's interested:

ManufacturerModelTop Speed (km/h)Opt time
Aston MartinV8 Vantage Gr.42351:38.476
NissanSilvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car2351:38.487
MercedesSLS AMG Gr.42351:38.563
HondaNSX Gr.42351:38.575
CitroenGT by Citroen Gr.42341:38.596
McLaren650S Gr.42351:38.670
ChevroletCorvette C7 Gr.42341:38.726
SubaruWRX Gr.42341:38.734
JaguarF-type Gr.42351:38.771
LambourghiniHuracan Gr.42371:38.864
LexusRC F Gr.42361:38.891
Ferrari458 Italia Gr.42371:38.936
RenaultMegane Gr.42361:38.956
NissanGT-R Gr.42351:38.990
GenesisG70 Gr.42321:38.999
HyundaiGenesis Gr.42351:39.045
PeugeotRCZ Gr.42361:39.054
PorscheCayman GT4 Clubsport '162351:39.062
ToyotaGR Supra Race Car '192341:39.092
Ford Mustang Gr.42331:39.145
AudiTT Cup '162361:39.164
Alfa Romeo155 2.5 V6 TI '932331:39.183
MazdaMazda3 Gr.42391:39.216
VolkswagenScirocco Gr.42351:39.261
SuzukiSwift Sport Gr.42311:39.418
DodgeViper Gr.42351:39.428
RenaultMegane Trophy Gr.42321:39.494
Toyota86 Gr.42351:39.579
MitsubishiLancer Evolution Final Gr.42331:39.801
Alfa Romeo4C Gr.42321:40.065
MazdaAtenza Gr.42381:40.295
BMWM4 Gr.42261:40.448

Edit (2023-12-20): Updated with final results.

Last edited:

I can't thank you enough for that video. It's definitely me. I just didn't understand the factors. I can't guarantee I'll improve, but recognizing the problem is half the battle. Thanks again!

Back