GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,040 comments
Thank you. Top spot almost never happens as I have @Nebuc72 on my friends. Hard to compete with aliens. I should unfriend him. :lol: Now I posted this I expect my lead to be gone tomorrow.

This week is a challenge. I would like to try all races but can only focus on one at a time.
Looks like I’ll be spending some time on Race C qualy this evening… :odd:

Last edited:
Okay, Here is my QT lap for race C. I was following my ghost that was the prior 1:39.981 time, but the lap prior to the hot lap was a 1:40.312 so the delta time is off that.

I can see spots where I can gain another 2 or 3 tenths of a second. That's the challenge. Doing it all on the same lap...

EDIT:This was still converting at time of posting so give it another 1/2 hour before its all done to 4K.

Last edited:
Had a few weeks off from racing but have come back this week for Brands.
It's all Supras and Mazdas, don't like either so went for the NSX and the gearing suits the track well. Got a QT of 1.30.7** which gave me 8 to 11 start positions. Three races later and three P8 finishes. A^S^ so can't complain for first races of the week.

Last edited:
Thank you. Top spot almost never happens as I have @Nebuc72 on my friends. Hard to compete with aliens. I should unfriend him. :lol: Now I posted this I expect my lead to be gone tomorrow.

This week is a challenge. I would like to try all races but can only focus on one at a time.
IMG_3704.jpeg

Sorry. ;) :cheers:

Quick question, does anyone know why my DD Pro just disconnects sometime mid race???
What QR are you using?

Edit;
Also sometimes the actual shaft needs tightening. The clamp that holds it is a single pinch deal and it's junky and cheap. Might need to re set the shaft.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I did not get to race as went out to the theatre to see Godzilla Minus One (good movie). Anyway, when I got back I knew I had QT improvement in me for race C, so I set about improving my QT. Improvement came quick dropping to 1:40.1x but then it teased me. I was .7s up when I messed up so I knew a high/mid 1:39s was possible. Many times I would be on target for that only to get a corner wrong...

I adjusted the feel of my brake pedal as now I have a stiff rig, I thought there was more to gain with more control and faster application. I changed the brake force to 60% (I thought I had adjusted it to 100% but it was actually 50%). Anyway I increased it but going higher (than 60) just wore my foot/leg out.. The elastomer stack on my V2 pedals I changed from 65/75/87 to the firmest 85/85/85 but kept the spring soft. It feels really firm now but it gives me more control on the trail braking and later braking. The time started to drop. Got down to a 1:40.059, then 1:40.021 and almost gave up at that point but as I was contemplating that, I broke into 39s with a 1:39.981. That stuck for a while..

Still I would have laps where I could see a large potential gain, but the final hairpin would be my nemesis. Often if I was up, I would over gas it on that corner to try to maintain speed and then spin out into the wall. :banghead: One thing that was bothering me was that I was chasing my ghost with a 0.5s lag. But I kept on getting on top of it and it would throw my rhythm off so I changed the lag to 0.7s. With that, another lap and I cemented my goal 🎯 to get top on my friends leaderboard with a 1:39.628. Not often I'm in that spot :)

View attachment 1311340

View attachment 1311339

I'm hoping this will give me a good QT in the race but with DR A, you never know.... I could be 10th..

Anyway, you probably don't care about my progress. The juicy part is the tune. I'm using TheKei25 tune from his setup and lap guide. It works well and makes the car super drivable.

ARB 9/7
DRC 25/25
DRE 50/50
NF 3.00/3.05
BB 0

I actually also use TCS1 and CS at strong. That keeps the rear in check. Call me a cheat! :D I recorded my sessions. Perhaps I'll post my top lap, but my computer is currently converting WebM into something editable.

EDIT:

I little off topic but related. I got my hair cut with a new barber today. In talking I mentioned about sim racing. Turns out that he just recently got into GT7 as well. After watching the movie, he got a PS5, GT7 and recently wheel and rig. Super cool. So I guess the movie did convert some people and I have something to chat about while I get de-shaggified.
Nice time! Could be a Q10 in A lobbies, could also be a Q5 in some of my lobbies; get in there and race! It's just the way A lobbies are. I never bother with tuning, but I might give those a try.

I just wanted to pop in and say that Race A this week is EXACTLY what the dailies needs. It's fun, because I'm not worried about my DR, but it's not a wreck fest because SR is still on the line. I LOVE the line up of cars and I really hope we see more of this.

No, it isn't perfect, but this is far better than the repetitive Gr3 Gr4 races week in and week out. I'd be happy if the tuning could be applied to my garage cars rather than their preselects, but at least it feels like good old GT lobbies from GT5

Thank you for this one!!

Last edited:
Well that just totally sucks. I've lost my share of jobs over the years, and although it can be fun to have some time off, it's really and truly the pits. Good luck on your job hunting!
Thank you, as always with these things bad timing bad cash flow for life reasons and a tough market in what I do really suck.

The pandemic killed my wife's business but we made everyone whole at the cost of us which was fine but now it's not so good.

It is what it is :)

Thank you, as always with these things bad timing bad cash flow for life reasons and a tough market in what I do really suck.

The pandemic killed my wife's business but we made everyone whole at the cost of us which was fine but now it's not so good.

I have found in my years that usually the most difficult moments are followed by a sort of rebirth. At the time, it's always difficult, but every time I've come out the other end stronger and in a better place, both financially and just generally. It'll get better, man.

You guys remember when they had the Daily C in the spec Miata around Road Atlanta? I was just reminiscing about it. That was one of the most fun combos ever. Just sayin'. Please bring it back but at Daytona Road Course!!!

805efef2343c3328536c36f3b8fa7ad7_photo.webp
I was out of town for work that week.:nervous:

You guys remember when they had the Daily C in the spec Miata around Road Atlanta? I was just reminiscing about it. That was one of the most fun combos ever. Just sayin'. Please bring it back but at Daytona Road Course!!!

805efef2343c3328536c36f3b8fa7ad7_photo.webp
Hmm, that sounds quite fun. I've been wanting an MX-5 race for a while, even if it's Daily A... so if they're counting votes, I'm in!

Also wishing you luck its been a while since I was in that queue but I still remember the feeling. Keep your head up.

I've only done A this week. Decided I wanted to use the F40 so I've been using it exclusively. Got the qual time of 18.2 in it. I'm not sure if I really like the F40 or I am just getting used to it because.... I've been using it exclusively. The rear end is planted, you can really give it the beans on turn-out and it doesn't want to kill you. It's biggest weakness, IMO, is it's only got five speeds... so there are a number of corners where 2nd gear is too short and 3rd is too tall.

It took a few races but I finally got a W in it, so now I am thinking of moving on to the Jag.

This was fun from the race I was just in. Just when you think the action has stopped.... it hasn't. Gotta love the Ring. :lol:

Third person POV. Thankfully I saw him coming and really jammed on the brakes...

Last edited:
Ah well, dropped out of my A+ rating on my US account in a race with some seriously quick guys. This was the first race I've spotted one of my liveries being used (as he flew past me) - the guy in the 17 car eventually won the race - he was lapping in the 1:38s 😳 I'm sure I should get some extra DR for providing his race-winning livery though 😂
Screenshot_20231214-001733.png

Last edited:
Decided not to race today and spend some time getting used to the Gr.3 Genesis as I don't think I can compete without it in race C. Within a few laps I beat the time I set yesterday by a tenth of a second or so. By the end of my practice session, I got down to a 1:40.7XX. I was leaving a ton of time on the track in the Porsche. I couldn't improve my time in a second attempt, but I did have an optimal time of 1:40.1XX so tons of room for improvement.

The problem I'm having is that I hammer the throttle down as soon as I can instead of when the car is straight, and I have some huge wiggles out of corners. This is a problem I've had forever, and I need to roll the throttle on corner exit at the appropriate time. I got out of practice with me using cars that hide that problem so that skill has regressed a bit.

On a funny note, on Monday when I did my first practice lap, I made the turn that follows the track B configuration and smacked the wall head on. I've raced on the B configuration so much my brain decided that was the way to go.

Latest Posts

Back