GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
We all understand that, and I can be less diplomatic and say racing in A lobbies with UK and European mix the occasional ME peeps and SA peeps. (The latter 2 being the cleaner and faster anecdotally btw)

The races are thirsty, and it reminds me what A actually means. It means awareness, yup have that, it means you can recover from most "ambitious" situations and it means you can drive cleanly inside or outside of someone.

Expectations for results in A lobbies need to be mitred a bit, the racing is tough I an A lobby which represents before regional splitting the top x in the world.

In the top B and A lobbies a couple of thousands moves you maybe a place, a 1/10th would move you 20 places....but then race pace etc.

And these guys are racers with caveats, I've been unfortunate enough to race out of my normal times.

Streamer hour is impossible. They are fast, like seriously fast.

Mid afternoon, better lobbies less top guys playing I the EU, after school, my fav lobbies if I'm at the front. The worst if I'm not.

Early evening. Mixed. A lot of one lap dads/heroes want a go. Kill everyone and quit till next week while moaning about people braking for corners with cars in front of them..

Mid evening, fairly fun can be a bit dicey but I'm usually 5 beers in by this point so more relaxed about things.

Late evening, interesting. Sometimes it echos the early morning crowd who
Just are fast and want clean racing, positions are like "yeah, but dude I almost had you" and that's fun.

Other times there is always a few guys that left the iron on and need to get home.

Overall it's just mixed ability racing that tries to bucket us but sometimes it can't so we just gotta live through it :)

Edit to add:

In top B and A lobbies the qualifying split is reduced significantly to people as fast as you.
Yeah, really mirrors my experience as well in US lobbies. I definitely noticed since cracked into A lobbies that I can race tighter with others, but I'm now fighting hard for 11th place. There's no huge pace spread, not nearly as many mistakes to help me catch up if I screw up, a couple bad turns and all the work I did to break the tow is now back on my bumper.

All that changes at 11:30 like you mentioned though. I either get Mario-Kart level chaos (especially those races with the super slip stream), or I drive off with a small breakaway pack (if I'm lucky).

Kinda feel like an addict late at night sometimes. Either I have chaotic bad race and it's... "just one more and I'll get it!" Or I have a great one and it's... "That was great, let's keep it going!"

Hilarious morning racing. My lack of pace at both B and C this week saw me drop from B/S to C/S. Coming 15th repeatedly will do that!

Decided to stage a recovery at Deep Forest. Despite PD dropping me into B/B and B/C lobbies rather than C/S ones, I was back to B/S in 4 races.

I then set a 1:28.1 QT and was P3 in my first race back. Rest of the races I was in my usual mid-pack B/S lobby groove.

Lesson is don’t start racing until you’ve got some pace and set a decent QT for your DR! It’s scary down in the nether regions of this game! How dirty/bad do you have to be to have an SR of C?

Hilarious morning racing. My lack of pace at both B and C this week saw me drop from B/S to C/S. Coming 15th repeatedly will do that!

Decided to stage a recovery at Deep Forest. Despite PD dropping me into B/B and B/C lobbies rather than C/S ones, I was back to B/S in 4 races.

I then set a 1:28.1 QT and was P3 in my first race back. Rest of the races I was in my usual mid-pack B/S lobby groove.

Lesson is don’t start racing until you’ve got some pace and set a decent QT for your DR! It’s scary down in the nether regions of this game! How dirty/bad do you have to be to have an SR of C?
I'm C and race as clean as is humanly possible in a C lobby. I like to think I have pace. I am an online TT player though and lately have very little problem getting well into gold territory with them. Best finish ever was in the 500s in the world.

It's hard for me to put in enough time to bring my DR up. I don't think in any way it's a reflection of my ability, more my adult status with very limited time to actually play enough to push my DR up.

I was handily beating A and the occasional A+ driver in the recent race A at Lake Louise. But that's a track I'm super familiar with and obviously have great feel for.

Not all of us low level drivers are bad...🍻

Not a good night in Race C tonight. I could not get anything going as I was in the middle of all the chaos in my 2 races. Starting P12 and P10 did not help in that situation despite what I thought was a great time. In my first race I get a penalty for being pushed wide at turn 4. Nothing I could do to avoid it. A Supra driver tries to dive up my inside so I gave them a shove. Just a mess overall.

The second race I thought I'd pit on the end of lap 1. I had a nice clean track until it seemed that half the field came out of the pits and we were all trying to make turn 4. Again, just a mess. There was another driver making constant attempts to send it up my inside. Every corner they were trying and it was beyond annoying.

I don't think I'll be doing anymore races at Interlagos if that's what's going to happen. I might switch to Race B and go from there for the weekend.

Hi! My account seems to be broken for daily races. It's been ongoing since October. I figured it was a glitch in an update, but it still persists. I join a race, and everyone else is static. If I complete the race, I'm essentially alone and passing the rest of the pack that is stuck on the grid. In reality, they are all racing each other and I'm glitching out from their point of view. I'm hard wired in at 750mbps down and 50mbps up. I'm confused as to what's happening and hope someone can help? Below is a sample of what is going on. Thanks so much in advance!

I'm C and race as clean as is humanly possible in a C lobby. I like to think I have pace. I am an online TT player though and lately have very little problem getting well into gold territory with them. Best finish ever was in the 500s in the world.

It's hard for me to put in enough time to bring my DR up. I don't think in any way it's a reflection of my ability, more my adult status with very limited time to actually play enough to push my DR up.

I was handily beating A and the occasional A+ driver in the recent race A at Lake Louise. But that's a track I'm super familiar with and obviously have great feel for.

Not all of us low level drivers are bad...🍻
You’re missing my point. I’m not saying C rated drivers are dirty; far from it. I’m saying that players with low SR are (like SR C!).

In the post I specifically complain that when my DR was dropped from B to C, I was put in lobbies with B drivers whose SR was B or C. I wanted to be with fellow C/S drivers as my assumption is the racing would be cleaner, and I was right. The last race w/got me back to B DR was an all C/S race and it was much cleaner.

I hear you re lack of time to raise DR. Hope to see you on track!

You’re missing my point. I’m not saying C rated drivers are dirty; far from it. I’m saying that players with low SR are (like SR C!).

In the post I specifically complain that when my DR was dropped from B to C, I was put in lobbies with B drivers whose SR was B or C. I wanted to be with fellow C/S drivers as my assumption is the racing would be cleaner, and I was right. The last race w/got me back to B DR was an all C/S race and it was much cleaner.

I hear you re lack of time to raise DR. Hope to see you on track!
I misunderstood! No worries at all. I hope as well to see more familiar faces one day soon.

Hi! My account seems to be broken for daily races. It's been ongoing since October. I figured it was a glitch in an update, but it still persists. I join a race, and everyone else is static.
I would recommend completely deleting GT7 off your playstation. Then reinstall. I had some weird game glitches once and this fixed it. It may not work for your but it is worth a try. You will not lose your progress as it is all saved online as you play.
-------

I had a good evening at Deep Forest but the game teases me. Twice I thought I'd progressed to DR A again, but did I finish the night in A?

Race 1, I get a split A/B lobby and I start in 9th. This was a rough race that had be dropped to 15th at one point but due to the antics of others, I managed to climb back up and finish 10th. Not a great start but considering the rough driving by but deperate Bs trying to progress or As trying to avoid demotion it was reasonable.

Race 2, I get an all B lobby and I start in 3rd. 2nd is really slow into the first tunnel at the start and I managed to carry too much speed and punt him pretty hard. I get a 2s penalty that drops me to 12th. But, I then immediately start to progress through the field and finish in 4th only 5s back. If I did not get that penalty, I wonder what could have been. My DR now looks full so I thought I must be close...

Race 3, I get pole, fastest lap and win!
Gran Turismo® 7_20231220222146.jpg

Turns out it was an easy lobby and the DR calculator was not impressed and only gave me a +4% boost. Surely though, that was enough to get back to A? .....

No. Argh! It teases me so much. I guess my TV does not really show the light grey pixels much. My bar looks full. Okay, one more race.

Race 4, I get Q11 in a split A/B lobby with me as the fastest B. This ended up my best result of the night. I gained 5 spots to finish 5th and only 9.5s back (11th starts 7s back). Against this much tougher lobby, this actually gave me the same points as the race I "won" before. I can tell you which race I am more proud off!
Gran Turismo® 7_20231220224121.jpg

Now am I in A? Still no! I'm on the cusp at 98%.
Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 11.53.09 PM.png

I was on a roll, feeling good, so I thought about 1 more race. But I stopped. Next race would have been 11:00pm central which is getting into that wack zone. I knew I would regret it.

Back at it tomorrow!

Last edited:
Race 4, I get Q11 in a split A/B lobby with me as the fastest B. This ended up my best result of the night. I gained 5 spots to finish 5th and only 9.5s back (11th starts 7s back). Against this much tougher lobby, this actually gave me the same points as the race I "won" before. I can tell you which race I am more proud off!
View attachment 1313383
Interestingly, I got the same pace in a whole BS lobby

Attachments

• 18c8b4fdf0e4-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18c8b4fdf0e4-screenshotUrl.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 10
Just read your signature. How does the Playseat Challenge stand up to the DD Pro?
It's not perfect, but it's way way better than any alternative for the space I have. I bought a stiffener from a guy in the UK that helps. I think at the end of the day I would likely be faster with a real rig and probably more comfortable but the playseat works.

View attachment 1313408View attachment 1313409

Credit: GT SH Rank

Not sure how I feel about these....
These look bad. Suzuka would need to be something unusual to be attractive (Grouo C only or vintage Honda F1).

Catalunya is the current flavor of the month and is uninteresting.

Fuji is just a boring circuit regardless of car.

Such a waste of a week when so many people have extra free time.

I would recommend completely deleting GT7 off your playstation. Then reinstall. I had some weird game glitches once and this fixed it. It may not work for your but it is worth a try. You will not lose your progress as it is all saved online as you play.
-------

I had a good evening at Deep Forest but the game teases me. Twice I thought I'd progressed to DR A again, but did I finish the night in A?

Race 1, I get a split A/B lobby and I start in 9th. This was a rough race that had be dropped to 15th at one point but due to the antics of others, I managed to climb back up and finish 10th. Not a great start but considering the rough driving by but deperate Bs trying to progress or As trying to avoid demotion it was reasonable.

Race 2, I get an all B lobby and I start in 3rd. 2nd is really slow into the first tunnel at the start and I managed to carry too much speed and punt him pretty hard. I get a 2s penalty that drops me to 12th. But, I then immediately start to progress through the field and finish in 4th only 5s back. If I did not get that penalty, I wonder what could have been. My DR now looks full so I thought I must be close...

Race 3, I get pole, fastest lap and win!
View attachment 1313382

Turns out it was an easy lobby and the DR calculator was not impressed and only gave me a +4% boost. Surely though, that was enough to get back to A? .....

No. Argh! It teases me so much. I guess my TV does not really show the light grey pixels much. My bar looks full. Okay, one more race.

View attachment 1313383

Now am I in A? Still no! I'm on the cusp at 98%.
View attachment 1313386
I was on a roll, feeling good, so I thought about 1 more race. But I stopped. Next race would have been 11:00pm central which is getting into that wack zone. I knew I would regret it.

Back at it tomorrow!
How did you get your DR points in GranTracker?

View attachment 1313408View attachment 1313409

Credit: GT SH Rank

Not sure how I feel about these....
My 'Christmas-week-GT-wish-list' is...
  • Race C - Gr.2
  • Race B - Gr.3
  • Race A - Tuned road cars...and since it's a wish list, a different batch 😁
It won't happen given Polypho Clause has ERRYBODY on the naughty list, but that scenario wouldn't disappoint me.🤣

:cheers:

EDIT
@OJBrit I can't say first-hand (don't use trackers), but pretty sure GranTracker is built to capture both DR and SR. Obviously @GrumpyOldMan will have the final say. 👍

Last edited:
As promised, here are my results from the first batch of Gr.3 cars that I've tested at Deep Forest. I'll update this post with more results as do them.

ManufacturerModelTop Speed
(km/h)
Opt time
FordFord GT LM Race Car Spec II2711:27.982
McLarenMcLaren F1 GTR - BMW '952651:28.038
MercedesMercedes-AMG GT3 '202611:28.210
ToyotaGR Supra Racing Concept '182671:28.307
FordFord GT Race Car '182651:28.317
ChevroletCorvette C7 Gr.32651:28.353
BMWM6 GT3 Sprint Model '162621:28.361
BMWM6 GT3 Endurance Model '162621:28.388
FordMustang Gr.32651:28.399
NissanGT-R GT500 '992691:28.429
HondaNSX Gr.32621:28.459
GenesisGenesis X GR32631:28.486
Ferrari458 Italia GT3 '132611:28.490
FordFord GT LM Spec II Test Car2691:28.501
ToyotaFT-1 VGT2641:28.507
AudiR8 LMS Evo '192621:28.525
MazdaRX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT2641:28.529
DodgeViper SRT GT3-R '152661:28.549
LexusRC F GT3 '172621:28.560
CitroenGT by Citroen Race Car (Gr.3)2631:28.594
MazdaRX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT Stealth Model2631:28.648
Porsche911 RSR (991) '172621:28.655
LambourghiniHuracan GT3 '152631:28.673
PeugeotRCZ Gr.32631:28.684
RenaultR.S.01 GT3 '162621:28.708
MercedesMercedes-AMG GT3 '162611:28.710
NissanGT-R NISMO GT3 '182611:28.722
AudiR8 LMS '152631:28.724
VolkswagenBeetle Gr.32621:28.726
Alfa Romeo4C Gr.32651:28.757
SubaruBRZ GT300 '212651:28.793
Aston MartinDBR9 GT1 '102661:28.904
NissanGT-R NISMO GT3 '132611:28.988
PeugeotVGT (Gr.3)2731:29.000
McLaren650S GT3 '152631:29.011
MitsubishiLancer Evolution Final Gr.32611:29.024
Aston MartinV12 Vantage FT3 '122581:29.042
MazdaAtenza Gr.32581:29.112
HyundaiGenesis Gr.32591:29.118
BMWM3 GT '112601:29.163
LexusRC F GT3 prototype '162581:29.166
MercedesSLS AMG GT3 '112641:29.208
ToyotaSupra GT500 '972681:29.211
JaguarF-type Gr.32631:29.281
SubaruWRX Gr.32621:29.350
BMWZ4 GT3 '112631:29.418
VolkswagenVolkswagen GTI VGT (Gr.3)2681:29.474
SuzukiVGT (Gr.3)2651:29.963
NissanSkyline Super Silhouette '842631:31.087

Results are from driving at least 3 laps with each car.

Update 2023-12-22: Add second batch of cars
Update 2023-12-23: Final results, all cars.

Last edited:
These look bad. Suzuka would need to be something unusual to be attractive

Catalunya is the current flavor of the month and is uninteresting.
We just had Suzuka in September for Race B. Maybe something like a mix of tuned cars like last week’s Race A would be good. Gr3 or Gr4 would probably make me uninterested. Looking at the list of Race B’s, I’m honestly surprised we don’t have Spa or Dragon Trail again. It seems one of those are due to repeat soon.

Catalunya with a proper tire & fuel strategy could be a fun Race C. I doubt they’ll be creative enough to do it.

It's not perfect, but it's way way better than any alternative for the space I have. I bought a stiffener from a guy in the UK that helps. I think at the end of the day I would likely be faster with a real rig and probably more comfortable but the playseat works.
I’m in the same boat; no space for a non-folding rig.

What stiffener did you get?

Or could it be possible they're going to give us 6 races a week from next week onwards?
I really really hope that is true and the "spec III" is more online focused update that moves the rotation close to Forza!

The cynical me thinks they are just preparing them early for the Xmas shut down sadly :(

They do this every holiday - don't get your hopes up.

E.g
View attachment 1313492
Daytona Road Course. PD missed an opportunity to troll us. It should have been a tuner special with the Fiat Abarth! LOL.

Maggiore center reverse on RM I think is going to favor the Gen X as the meta. Will there be suspension tuning? as a tune is really needed to get the best out of that car. I loved the combo when it was 15 lap race C with mixed RS/RM.

Last edited:
Back