GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Daytona Road Course. PD missed an opportunity to troll us. It should have been a tuner special with the Fiat Abarth! LOL.

Maggiore center reverse on RM I think is going to favor the Gen X as the meta. Will there be suspension tuning? as a tune is really needed to get the best out of that car. I loved the combo when it was 15 lap race C with mixed RS/RM.
These are last years :P

Meh, I'm getting pretty annoyed at DF now.

Yes I know the GT is faster so come on by. What I don't need is GTs braking after when my Porsche does, it's yin and yang you go fast forwards I go fast in the twisty bits. I can't have your top end but murdering everyone is not how this balance works.

Utter tools/muppets in the lobbies tonight. This is A and B.

And breathe Glen, go have some dinner watch some crap with the missus and tomorrow is a new day. Daddy daughter day so way more important than must kill everyone for 9th place guys day.

I am buzzing from the race I just had now! Started on pole with a 1:37:8 but top 7 all had qualy times within 0.4s of mine and it showed!

I think this race was the hardest-earned win I had, even if I started in P1... At no point was over 1s ahead of P2, with some very close battles all throughout the race! We only made slight contact once (he accidently hit me from behind T1 L2) and he bump-drafted me to get me going again.

11 laps of epically-close racing and from the replay, it was obvious he was a controller player so even more impressive on his end! Really pleased with this from my own racing, my opponent's and the outcome considering I was under pressure from the start till the very end!

In fact, I cut to his POV several times in the race replay below! Also lol at the timing of the winner's flag in my screenshot end of race ⚰️

Again. GT7 has the power to infuriate/ devastate me but also make me smile and cheer like a little girl... It's like the most complex box of chocolates ever, you REALLY never know what you're gonna get 😂

Attachments

• Dec21Result.jpeg
    Dec21Result.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Dec21Lobby.jpeg
    Dec21Lobby.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 10
I'm not sure why I don't see more Supras on the leaderboard at Deep Forest this week. Mind you, I've only just now driven it a handful of laps, and none in a race, but the thing gets to the highest top-end down the closing/opening straight of anything I've seen, including the Ford GT. It brakes better than the GT, and seems to corner better than it too.

Here's my caveats:
  1. Again, I've only done a handful of Q laps, but I bested my time by a quarter second.
  2. I suck at this track, so I suppose I'm not the best to offer opinions.
  3. I had to actually use TCS 3 on it, but take that with a grain of salt because, well, it's me and I use TCS like it's heroin. Yes, I know, but don't bother throwing an intervention for me - I can quit anytime I want. :lol:
I watched the guy at the top of the leaderboard in the Supra, and he short-shifts slightly - somewhere around 7000 RPM, and I'm pretty sure I noticed a difference. Not necessarily on the uphills, though. Make sure you watch his replay, because the way he takes the turns coming out of the tunnels is really interesting.

I love Deep Forest and cant decide if I like more the std version or the reverse.
It has a perfect combination of technical sectors a very long straight and sharp turns.
Demands lots of concentration and one minimal mistake means you can end your race right there (and surely the race of others too).

Among clean drivers means an amazing experience pushing or defendig at the very limit.
When the drivers are not so clean... the worse nightmare we can have (worse than Monza IMO)

These days I had read post race comments with promises of eternal hate between others and saw shenanigans in almost every race.
I also embarrased myself taking out someone slower than me after being pushed off in 3 consecutive laps while I was clean passing him.

A Few sample of chats among A/S drivers in the top lobbies of yesterday at night.

1703192683006.png

1703192850598.png

PS.: he was a man of word and he almost kept his promise.
He started from the back and killed a lot of people in the middle (including me) but the initial offender managed to escape :D

Started P7 at deep forest in A/A+ lobby, driving the ford this time. I don't usually complain too much (because, why bother) but twice (in six laps!) I was shoved into the wall at the end of sector 1. So, technically, 'forced off track'. Guess how many penalties were doled out? (Zero, in case you haven't caught the sarcasm). This one ticked me off because I was outdriving this midfield, imho, but given no chance to succeed.

Like @TechnoIsLove said, it is a complex box of chocolates!

I would recommend completely deleting GT7 off your playstation. Then reinstall. I had some weird game glitches once and this fixed it. It may not work for your but it is worth a try. You will not lose your progress as it is all saved online as you play.
Thanks for the Reply! Unfortunately I did try that to no avail. I'll keep on researching.

I got myself back to DR A with three more B races tonight. Best race of the night was my second one with @Revengel (who won) where I came 3rd, 3 seconds back. Turns out I can do okay if the side of my car is not used as a turning device by others.

As for the other two races, my my, the quality of driving was atrocious. I got knocked around a lot in those. The last race even had two drivers (one of whom had already bashed me twice I think) having a full on revenue attack on each other, in front of me. Luckily they both gave themselves 3s penalties for bashing each other off track and I was able to put them behind me..

As the week progresses, B is getting decidely more dodgy. I may switch to focus on the TTs....

EDIT: Now I'm back in DR A, I feel like I need to shave another .3s of my QT for B. I need to be 1:27.4 ish. I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Last edited:

Great time!

I've been stuck with the same guy on pole in most of my races this week - he's got a top 30 QT, and has won every race that we've both been in, usually by about 12 seconds!

He gets an amazing start every race, and is 1 second ahead by turn 1, so nobody can get in his slipstream. When I checked the replay he was holding the revs at 3000 during the countdown, but I don't know how he does that?

If I press the throttle during the countdown nothing happens, the rev counter stays on zero until the lights go out. Not only that, P3 is usually trying to pass me by turn 1.

Any clues anyone?

Hi! My account seems to be broken for daily races. It's been ongoing since October. I figured it was a glitch in an update, but it still persists. I join a race, and everyone else is static. If I complete the race, I'm essentially alone and passing the rest of the pack that is stuck on the grid. In reality, they are all racing each other and I'm glitching out from their point of view. I'm hard wired in at 750mbps down and 50mbps up. I'm confused as to what's happening and hope someone can help? Below is a sample of what is going on. Thanks so much in advance!
Static IP, DMZ, etc. etc.? Cars being frozen on the grid is a classic sign of connection issues:

Note that, unless you're using all of that bandwidth, anything over about 2/1 is pretty irrelevant. Latency is much more important, so if you're using satellite internet, mobile internet, or some kooky means of getting online like a VPN, you'll have a bad time. Or everyone else will.

It might also be a policy change at your ISP; for the purposes of the ISP, Daily Races use a P2P connection and some throttle this type of traffic - and yours may have changed policy to do so.

Not gonna lie, I’m pretty happy about this:
A089C59F-FBE1-445F-8E14-DFBE62016DD7.jpeg

My first hat trick! Started on pole and was never challenged in this race.

I should’ve done the same in my previous race, but I made a mistake in turn 1, on lap 4, and it allowed for P2 and P3 to challenge me. Ended up being a fun race, but I never recovered and finished P3.

DF has been pretty good to me, as I also have 2 wins on my alt account this week. Mostly been in mixed A/S & B/S lobbies this week and the cleanliness has been marginal, at best.

Great time!

I've been stuck with the same guy on pole in most of my races this week - he's got a top 30 QT, and has won every race that we've both been in, usually by about 12 seconds!

He gets an amazing start every race, and is 1 second ahead by turn 1, so nobody can get in his slipstream. When I checked the replay he was holding the revs at 3000 during the countdown, but I don't know how he does that?

If I press the throttle during the countdown nothing happens, the rev counter stays on zero until the lights go out. Not only that, P3 is usually trying to pass me by turn 1.

Any clues anyone?

Wish I could help you out there mate, but I don't race much in GT7. Are you on a controller? Maybe he's found a specific throttle input that allows the engine to idle at 3000rpm.

Is he using a wheel?

I did a race on main and wouldn't you know it, I almost had a clean race! Started in P6 and was in P4 with some very fast drivers around me. 15/ 16 had an S-rated SR, with the one having a "B" coincidentally in P5 behind me... Final turn of final lap he barely brakes, side-shoves me almost into the gravel and takes the position. Thankfully I still made P5 so cannot really complain.

Didn't want to risk it so hopped into new account for the 2nd race of the day 😂 🫡 Funny that with just 7 races on this account, I am almost B in DR already lol...

1703262695937.jpeg

1703262684757.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish I could help you out there mate, but I don't race much in GT7. Are you on a controller? Maybe he's found a specific throttle input that allows the engine to idle at 3000rpm.

Is he using a wheel?
I'm using a wheel, but I don't know what he's using - I've tried all sorts with the throttle, but it still always shows zero revs before the lights go out. In real life the Prius always starts on the electric motor, and the petrol engine comes in when you reach a certain speed or accelerate hard.

What I have noticed with him today, and with another guy who is pretty fast, is that they always jump the start - it looks as though the penalty engine cut you get for that is compensated for by the fact that the car is rolling and then picks up speed quicker, hence they pull away from the cars behind.

I'm using a wheel, but I don't know what he's using - I've tried all sorts with the throttle, but it still always shows zero revs before the lights go out. In real life the Prius always starts on the electric motor, and the petrol engine comes in when you reach a certain speed or accelerate hard.

What I have noticed with him today, and with another guy who is pretty fast, is that they always jump the start - it looks as though the penalty engine cut you get for that is compensated for by the fact that the car is rolling and then picks up speed quicker, hence they pull away from the cars behind.
Are they holding the brake/hand brake as that is a trick with slush boxes and CVTs in the real world?

Are they holding the brake/hand brake as that is a trick with slush boxes and CVTs in the real world?
You have to hold the brakes on in this Race A, and I think that's how he's worked out that if you release it just before the lights go out, you get a power cut penalty, but it still gives an advantage as the car is moving when the power cuts back in again.

It's been a long year peeps, lots and lots of QT, TT and racing its take a while (I don't count my other accounts as I'd be more embarrassed about the mileage I've done this year!)

So 4112 races has netted 350 wins (and countless ones thrown away like every good driver does :P ) but more importantly 2131 top five's. Top 5 and clean races are my metrics
IMG_0046.jpeg
now. Purely because there is always someone who is faster or just wants/cares about it more. And that is OK.

It's been a long year peeps, lots and lots of QT, TT and racing its take a while (I don't count my other accounts as I'd be more embarrassed about the mileage I've done this year!)

So 4112 races has netted 350 wins (and countless ones thrown away like every good driver does :P ) but more importantly 2131 top five's. Top 5 and clean races are my metrics View attachment 1313710now. Purely because there is always someone who is faster or just wants/cares about it more. And that is OK.
Wow, that's good.

My race numbers are similar, but I'm only on 86 wins! 50% top fives though - like you I use that metric. The only wins I get tend to be on some of the weird A races eg VW bus at Alsace), apart from this week where I haven't managed one win in the Prius....

Yesterday I've jumped to do a couple races on Deep Forest. I am feeling pretty strong at this combo, in fact the last time I did daily races was the previous time Deep Forest gr. 3 combo back in August (time flies!) with only GTWS races since.

Last time around I was using 4C, but jumped into the meta Ford GT this time - it is really bizarre feeling to feel absolutely safe on the straights if there is a different car behind - no amount of draft would help popular 911s catch up.

I started the day with 98% of DR A - feeling this was inflated after GTWS races that I've had plenty time to practice for. After around 20 laps improved my QT to 1:27.192, which still meant I was starting towards the back of the pack in what felt like one of the top splits in EMEA.

I got to race with B. Hencsei who was holding QT record at the time and @GOTMAXPOWER - someone whose name I recognize ever since watching Super GT videos a couple years ago, way back before I even thought I would ever get a PS5 and play GT. It's been an honor to me, I would never expect to even be near this level.

As the post is getting long to quickly summarize - I was able to capitalize on other guys mistakes and fighting in some of the races. Tried to keep it patient and played tactically - sometimes I would bump draft guy ahead in hope fighting ahead would leave me with some scraps to pick up. It worked and for the first time I got into the DR A+!

aplus.png

I will perhaps share some replays later on of the coolest moments from the evening.

So 4112 races has netted 350 wins (and countless ones thrown away like every good driver does :P ) but more importantly 2131 top five's. Top 5 and clean races are my metrics View attachment 1313710now. Purely because there is always someone who is faster or just wants/cares about it more. And that is OK.
I thought I had done a lot of races, but I bow to you!

1703270400724.png

I've had far too much fun at Deep Forest this week, essentially just divebombing people into turn 1 (nobody got hurt so its fine 🙈):

Yesterday I've jumped to do a couple races on Deep Forest. I am feeling pretty strong at this combo, in fact the last time I did daily races was the previous time Deep Forest gr. 3 combo back in August (time flies!) with only GTWS races since.

Last time around I was using 4C, but jumped into the meta Ford GT this time - it is really bizarre feeling to feel absolutely safe on the straights if there is a different car behind - no amount of draft would help popular 911s catch up.

I started the day with 98% of DR A - feeling this was inflated after GTWS races that I've had plenty time to practice for. After around 20 laps improved my QT to 1:27.192, which still meant I was starting towards the back of the pack in what felt like one of the top splits in EMEA.

I got to race with B. Hencsei who was holding QT record at the time and @GOTMAXPOWER - someone whose name I recognize ever since watching Super GT videos a couple years ago, way back before I even thought I would ever get a PS5 and play GT. It's been an honor to me, I would never expect to even be near this level.

As the post is getting long to quickly summarize - I was able to capitalize on other guys mistakes and fighting in some of the races. Tried to keep it patient and played tactically - sometimes I would bump draft guy ahead in hope fighting ahead would leave me with some scraps to pick up. It worked and for the first time I got into the DR A+!

View attachment 1313711

I will perhaps share some replays later on of the coolest moments from the evening.
You had some serious pace in the races we had yesterday, I assumed you were doing last to first challenges from the back of the grid because you always seemed to move forward in the races and not just from others incidents like you imply.

After a protracted layoff, I managed to get some race B time this morning. Swapped between the Ford GT and the 911. Qualified on a 27.6 in the Ford which sees me typically in the top 5 of a mixed A and B lobby. Lots of fun races - too many mistakes early on by me, and was the victim of over ambitious braking into the hairpin by others on more than one occasion, but ended the morning with a few podiums and a FL. Overall, lots of fun and managed to increase my DR to 75% ish (PS4 so can’t use the tracker I don’t think).

Back