GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Thank you guys for the helpful hints and prompt responses. As you can see I was able to get my time down substantially from 1:29 to 1:28. A big help was adding the ghost. I seen I was braking a little too hard and a little too early in turn 1 and what I believe is turn 9 (still getting used to load cell). Hopefully this will get me in the front of the pack and I will have to worry less about dive bombers and late braking racers in the middle of the pack
Nicely done mate!

Yes and no. Yes, I do find it annoying when Ford’s hold me up in the twisty stuff, but no it is also not annoying as I drive said Ford and it’s part of my strategy.

It really depends on the driver. The Ford can be just as fast through the twisties as the Porsche, but perhaps the Porsches I keep up with are being held up by Fords in front? 🤔

Btw I beat your QT last night 😁
View attachment 1313909

Shots fired!
Sry. Had to take the challenge since I hadn’t really concentrated on this one since Monday. I wanted to race it more before it was gone and was sitting at ~3600 with my .687.

Sitting barely below 1500 with this improvement and optimal shows a .157 if the stars aligned 😉

Have fun with this one and good to see you enjoying some racing again👍

IMG_6319.jpeg

Sry. Had to take the challenge since I hadn’t really concentrated on this one since Monday. I wanted to race it more before it was gone and was sitting at ~3600 with my .687.

Sitting barely below 1500 with this improvement and optimal shows a .157 if the stars aligned 😉

@TheNormsk Don't poke the bear!

@TheNormsk Don't poke the bear!
Ha ha, I knew that would provoke a challenge.

View attachment 1313956
To plagiarize the words of another great racer....

Bastard! Now I have to work on my QT again.
You would think but it is only good for around 1800th in the world and on my races I did today I would start around 8th or 9th.

In fact of the races done today, if this continues I will be back in DR B. I got absolutely murder in two of them. Once was accidental and the other driver waited for me, but the damage was done. The other I would claim to be out and out dirty. I forgot to save the replay to look at it from different angles as I was fuming at the time. But this snippet from my live record show the aftermath. You need to look at the radar for the action of the other driver.

This was my fastest race I'd ever done with a split A+/A lobby and we were lapping in the low 1:28s. My first 4 laps were about as perfect as I could be. Lap 5, I lost some pace on turn 10 and this guy catches up and all through lap 5 and 6 I successfully defend and then at the final hairpin as I defend that, he punts me causing us to go side my side but I'm in front. I leave room for the drag at the end, but looking at the radar it is clear that he tries to push me off into the wall... That works, I lose it, and joy of joy I get a penalty for hitting said wall.

I was po'd.

Through those races, the first, which I skewered myself with a lap one 1.5s track limit penalty from the esses, and the last race where I was punted and spun I came in 11th. Both lost 1% DR. The second race where I came in 12th also lost 1% DR against the harder lobby. If I'd kept my 6th, I think that would have been a great result.

Last edited:
Today I’m an idiot. I should stop for the day.

Started 11th on another tough lobby. Was doing okay and lap 2 hit my brakes where I usually do for turn 1 and I was a bowling ball taking out a whole bunch pins in front of me. 🤦‍♂️

I must have got a huge tow from the fast pack in front of me that I didn’t allow for. Need to remember that.

That race was a disaster.

Last edited:
@newmedia_dev @Dep Fishtail

Your turn! 😁

IMG_7658.jpeg

Edit. I’ll give a hint. I was drinking beer while doing this.

Oh and I also tweaked some wheel and brake force settings and altered the BB from what I was using before. Nothing much… 🤔

Edit2

After a couple races with the improved time, little good it did me. What good is running in 3rd when you get murdered by the people behind you? I would guess that only 1 in 4 races are good. The rest I get hit out…

Edit3

I’m done. I switched to the Euro servers hoping the Sunday morning crowd would be better. Nope. Two races crashed out. Second one I rage quit.

The joy is gone…

What is next week? I’ll practice for that instead.

Last edited:
Today I’m an idiot. I should stop for the day.

Started 11th on another tough lobby. Was doing okay and lap 2 hit my brakes where I usually do for turn 1 and I was a bowling ball taking out a whole bunch pins in front of me. 🤦‍♂️

I must have got a huge tow from the fast pack in front of me that I didn’t allow for. Need to remember that.

That race was a disaster.
I bowled someone off at turn 1 earlier by using my quali braking. I was so embarrassed I quit. Don't worry mate not just you.

I think this is my final YT dump before Xmas. First is my strongest race on merit in a while. The second one not so much but was pleased by some of the elbows out moments I had:

Wishing the Daily Race crew a wonderful Christmas!

Nice clean racing Rossell. I’m trying like hell to get out of the c lobbies but everytime I get close to b I get punted multiple games in a row. Low lobbies are hard to get out of due to no etiquette. Starting looking into joining some of the gtplanet advertised leagues to get some clean racing (hopefully)

Norm I’ve come to find I’m a lot more relaxed after a couple brews. Nice to see another norm lol

Those of you that are running 1:27’s and lower….are you guys on a pad or using a wheel/vr setup?

Last edited:
Nice clean racing Rossell. I’m trying like hell to get out of the c lobbies but everytime I get close to b I get punted multiple games in a row. Low lobbies are hard to get out of due to no etiquette. Starting looking into joining some of the gtplanet advertised leagues to get some clean racing (hopefully)

Norm I’ve come to find I’m a lot more relaxed after a couple brews. Nice to see another norm lol

Those of you that are running 1:27’s and lower….are you guys on a pad or using a wheel/vr setup?
Wheel for me. But others even in the 1:26s will be on pad and using or not using VR. You just get naturally better with what you have and practice.

The trick with getting out of the C lobbies is just consistent finishing positions 8 or better. I found spending Monday just working on my QT was much more beneficial in understanding the combo and where the pace is. Made racing with other people around more manageable and I could start to sit behind to see where they are slow or where the late late brakers are constantly overshooting behind me so I can give them the right inside and then get on the power first to cruise back past them.

Wheel for me. But others even in the 1:26s will be on pad and using or not using VR. You just get naturally better with what you have and practice.

The trick with getting out of the C lobbies is just consistent finishing positions 8 or better. I found spending Monday just working on my QT was much more beneficial in understanding the combo and where the pace is. Made racing with other people around more manageable and I could start to sit behind to see where they are slow or where the late late brakers are constantly overshooting behind me so I can give them the right inside and then get on the power first to cruise back past them.
I’ve played on pad and screen forever, just acquired dd pro and vr so I’m still adjusting but I think I’m the end it’s going to improve my racing tenfold.

I suppose you’re right, I should pay more attention behind me instead of expecting people to adhere to basic road racing rules. I’ve found most are late to brake and wide on exit. I spent a good while working on my QT but I feel like if I don’t get in the races I won’t get out of the reckless lobbies so hopefully today I can work into B

I’ve played on pad and screen forever, just acquired dd pro and vr so I’m still adjusting but I think I’m the end it’s going to improve my racing tenfold.

I suppose you’re right, I should pay more attention behind me instead of expecting people to adhere to basic road racing rules. I’ve found most are late to brake and wide on exit. I spent a good while working on my QT but I feel like if I don’t get in the races I won’t get out of the reckless lobbies so hopefully today I can work into B
Quality over quantity bud. 4000 races and I'm only hover between B & A because I race too much when I shouldn't.

Realistically and this is not a criticism but you kinda need to up your pace as well and be consistently at the front of C lobbies as the jump starts to become more pronounced as you move up DR in pace.

Track and road are very different. The basics apply but the approach is very different. You don't need to navigate on coming traffic or junctions so look as far forwards as you can, and I mean as far as you can. And overall work on smoothness and race awareness. That is largely the difference ignoring the push to pass holes etc.

Edit: controller type isn't a thing on this forum, I'm continually out placed in the TTs by peeps with controller. I don't use VR but I do use a wheel. You have to be fast on the wheel and when I mean fast you have to catch the slides super quick but it's the pedals that make the difference and I mean that. G29 or TLCM or fanatec stuff it doesn't matter the wheel is the feel, the feet do the dancing ;)

Last edited:
My lap is like a 27.132 (if I remember correctly) but I haven't touched it since Monday. Regardless, my equipment is in my sig.

However, I don't think it matters as much as people may think. There are A LOT of super fast drivers that use the controller.

Yeah I second what Talon said. There's basically no pace difference between a wheel and pad - it's all down to the person using the controller, not the controller itself.

A few fringe cases pop up where controller is less viable due to the steering dampening (high df cars & chicanes, like the Bugatti VGT TT or the RBX2019 Road Atlanta TT) but they are few and far between.
Nothing ultimately is stopping you from setting WR in a Gr.3 car using a pad.

Had time for a quick race again at Deep Forest this morning… for some reason this combination really clicks. Continued with the Ford GT, ran a couple of practice laps very close to my QT and jumped straight in.

Managed to continue where I left off yesterday - started 3rd and finished 3rd in a largely A-ranked lobby. Had a nice race with the two Canadians behind me who both had a sniff into turn 1 at different points but each time I managed to undercut them on the exit to lead into the tunnel.

really trying to focus on consistency and not making mistakes, as well as not defending for the sake of it against faster drivers, and consequently my avg finishing position is typically higher than it used to be. Overall pretty pleased with the last couple of days, and I’m pretty close to A ranking now.
1703438022609.jpeg

1703438061114.jpeg

Happy Holidays 🎄

Last edited:
My lap is like a 27.132 (if I remember correctly) but I haven't touched it since Monday. Regardless, my equipment is in my sig.

However, I don't think it matters as much as people may think. There are A LOT of super fast drivers that use the controller.
27.1 is fast! No I def don’t think I matters THAT much, and def not going to make me Mario Andretti. Just saying in my particular case I feel like it will help me feel the car better. My objective here is get into clean lobbies. I don’t need to win per se, just want good wholesome racing.

Quality over quantity bud. 4000 races and I'm only hover between B & A because I race too much when I shouldn't.

Realistically and this is not a criticism but you kinda need to up your pace as well and be consistently at the front of C lobbies as the jump starts to become more pronounced as you move up DR in pace.

Track and road are very different. The basics apply but the approach is very different. You don't need to navigate on coming traffic or junctions so look as far forwards as you can, and I mean as far as you can. And overall work on smoothness and race awareness. That is largely the difference ignoring the push to pass holes etc.

Edit: controller type isn't a thing on this forum, I'm continually out placed in the TTs by peeps with controller. I don't use VR but I do use a wheel. You have to be fast on the wheel and when I mean fast you have to catch the slides super quick but it's the pedals that make the difference and I mean that. G29 or TLCM or fanatec stuff it doesn't matter the wheel is the feel, the feet do the dancing ;)
Boy I feel that! The lobbies definitely improve a lot both in pace and in sportsmanship. I’ve made it to mid b so far and finishing in the top half as long as I don’t get booted.

I am learning the boot scoot and boogie tho lol

My objective here is get into clean lobbies.
Same for the rest of us, but there's little that any of us can do to control that, other than possibly the time of day we race. Of course keeping our SR rating in "S" always helps, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

I have a solid rig and wheel, and I love it because, well, it just feels like driving. I can't tell you the number of times I've sat in the seat and started to reach for a seatbelt, only to stop and remind myself this isn't a real car.

With that said, I envy some of the guys here that can relax on a sofa, kick their feet up, and race with a controller (some of them do it and race REALLY well). I mean, I don't really want to do that, but I appreciate the laid-back approach too.

You had some serious pace in the races we had yesterday, I assumed you were doing last to first challenges from the back of the grid because you always seemed to move forward in the races and not just from others incidents like you imply.
Thank you, I wish I was that fast to get away with such challenges! I tried to keep my own, but there was also some luck involved in there and I have some evidence below 😅.

As many of us learned this week it is also difficult to run a couple of races on Deep Forest without getting on the receiving end of someone missing their brake marker.

At the end of the day though it is those succesful bold moves that we remember and race for - here's my favourite from the week.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Last edited:
Thank you, I wish I was that fast to get away with such challenges! I tried to keep my own, but there was also some luck involved in there and I have some evidence below 😅.

As many of us learned this week it is also difficult to run a couple of races on Deep Forest without getting on the receiving end of someone missing their brake marker.

At the end of the day though it is those succesful bold moves that we remember and race for - here's my favourite from the week.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

I think those clips prove one thing, the new hairpin at the end of the lap is an absolute abomination good for nothing but causing crashes, the other hairpin at turn 1 is pretty much identical to the one they designed for the original game 25 years ago and is a masterpiece, different lines and braking points work there and you can get some really good racing.

Merry Christmas all! 🎄:gtplanet: 🎄

Last evening/night of racing at Deep Forest was pretty succesful. Improved my QT down to 1:26.873 - changing BB from +1 to -3 helped a little, 30 laps of practice helped even more. Then I decided to try to milk some points in A+ with that QT. Personal highlight - I've met Super GT in my lobby - just 2 qualifying places ahead of me with @GOTMAXPOWER between us.

Some pretty good results, but I really wanted to grab a win after @GOTMAXPOWER said he is about to leave for the day. That didn't happen though - one race someone fast joined the lobby and I blew my chance to overtake him when he got 0.5 s penalty. The next race I started from pole, but seems like I was starting to lose concentration as I blew another chance when I drove over the sausages in the last corner while trying to defend P1.

ss.png

Last evening/night of racing at Deep Forest was pretty succesful. Improved my QT down to 1:26.873 - changing BB from +1 to -3 helped a little, 30 laps of practice helped even more. Then I decided to try to milk some points in A+ with that QT. Personal highlight - I've met Super GT in my lobby - just 2 qualifying places ahead of me with @GOTMAXPOWER between us.

Some pretty good results, but I really wanted to grab a win after @GOTMAXPOWER said he is about to leave for the day. That didn't happen though - one race someone fast joined the lobby and I blew my chance to overtake him when he got 0.5 s penalty. The next race I started from pole, but seems like I was starting to lose concentration as I blew another chance when I drove over the sausages in the last corner while trying to defend P1.

View attachment 1314247
Those sausages are the cause of many driver's doomed quest to win.....

View attachment 1314247

Impressive time.

It’s nice to share your BB. I tried some different settings and mostly ran -4 but adjusted to -3, which is also what I got my best performance with. I wasn’t sure if it was placebo, so it’s nice that this setting also worked for others. It gives me more confidence that I’m learning to dial in a car to maximize performance, even if my driving is still a little rough at times.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Here's my final best lap for Race A at Tokyo.

I put over 600 miles in the Christmas Prius in the last 24 hours or so and all I accomplished was getting a headache from the constant droning. Better than the usual post eggnog headache I guess?

View attachment 1314247
I think Super GT improved his qualifying time just to get ahead of me because I was annoying him in the races 😂 He did a few races in a row last night so was probably recording footage for his main channel, you'll probably find yourself in a video at some point.

I drove with the BB on +4 all week but it felt like it was faster in the slower corners (turn 1 and the final hairpin) if it went further to the front where you gain more from stopping quicker than the extra rotation. It's a faff to change it twice every lap though especially in the race.

Those DR numbers are going up 📈

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: MR2’s Company

While many of you may be looking forward to tucking into some turkey today, the Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races schedule waits for no man — with a new set available from today...
...while the Mazda 3 Gr.4 holds its regular top billing, the tight course and the AWD might make it a little more of a chore

Minor thing, but isn't the Mazda3 Gr.4 FF?

Back