GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Really enjoyed Deep Forest last week. Racing was close and clean for the most part (rarely got punted T1 lap 1; problem was drivers trying to pass in the twisty bits, and of course the hairpin!). Had a few B/S lobbies in which 1-15 were covered by 1.5 seconds.

Merry xmas all!

Last edited:
Was NOT expecting this at all... I am REALLY NOT comfortable in Race B this week, regardless of the car or wheel settings I tried! Wanted to at least do 1 race before the food coma kicks in so hopped into new account, set a qualy time 0.3s slower than my pathetic 1:39:9 time on main account and got pole.

Won the race, barely, but just because I decided to go a bit slower than I know I could push just so I can keep the car on track and hit my apexes... Eventual P2 started in P5 and his best time during race was over 1.5s than mine and he closed the gap fast! I think 1 more lap and he would have taken over the lead...

Not optimistic about Race C either...

Merry Xmas all!

1703532631661.jpeg

1703532686145.jpeg

Last edited:
Hope you all had a good Christmas. Not sure how my racing is going to go this week as I get used to some new toys.

I’m still getting to grips with upping my DD to 8NM and also figuring out a new ClubSport Formula 2.5X wheel. Also got to figure out how to attach my handbrake to my rig 🤔
IMG_7672.jpeg

One thing that is immediately apparent with the new wheel, is with the magnetic shifters. I can finally double shift reliably, instantly. I’ve never never been able to do that before. Hopefully that will give me some hundredths of the second pace in a lap.

For now, I will be doing race C qualifying while I tuneup my force feedback settings in the feel of the wheel.

I’ve never driven the full track before so I don’t know this circuit, so I’m horribly off the pace at the moment, but if you attempted it hopefully you’ll see my pace progress up through the ranks through the course of the week. Hopefully I should be good to race by Wednesday.

See you then

Last edited:
Race C. I don’t know how you get into the 3:27s, let along the leader’ s 3:21….

I currently can’t get out of the 1:31s. This is not the combo for me.

I’ll skip this weeks races and focus on closing some rings on single player.
Which car are you using? This track is all about top end speed with medium speed turns.

There are a few really critical turns on this layout that can make seconds worth of difference. These are the ones to concentrate on;

Turn 2. As close as possible to wall on apex and on exit.

The right hander onto the bridge. This is tricky, but getting it right is critical.

The sweeping right before the long straight. Most important turn on the track. You need a late turn in, ride the inside apex and full throttle as early as possible. (I use the blue barrier on exit as a guide).

Last edited:
Hope you all had a good Christmas. Not sure how my racing is going to go this week as I get used to some new toys.

I’m still getting to grips with upping my DD to 8NM and also figuring out a new ClubSport Formula 2.5X wheel. Also got to figure out how to attach my handbrake to my rig 🤔
View attachment 1314393

One thing that is immediately apparent with the new wheel, is with the magnetic shifters. I can finally double shift reliably, instantly. I’ve never never been able to do that before. Hopefully that will give me some hundredths of the second pace in a lap.

For now, I will be doing race C qualifying while I tuneup my force feedback settings in the feel of the wheel.

I’ve never driven the full track before so I don’t know this circuit, so I’m horribly off the pace at the moment, but if you attempted it hopefully you’ll see my pace progress up through the ranks through the course of the week. Hopefully I should be good to race by Wednesday.

See you then
Sweet!!!

Race C. I don’t know how you get into the 3:27s, let along the leader’ s 3:21….

I currently can’t get out of the 1:31s. This is not the combo for me.

I’ll skip this weeks races and focus on closing some rings on single player.
You got it! I struggled hard at first as I don’t really know st croix to begin with but also relearning all the tracks but after a solid 15 laps following a fast ghost I was chipping away.

I started out using the gt test car but got faster times in the slower 911. Trailbraking is huge (for me) on this track and the Porsche executes it well

You got it! I struggled hard at first as I don’t really know st croix to begin with but also relearning all the tracks but after a solid 15 laps following a fast ghost I was chipping away.

I started out using the gt test car but got faster times in the slower 911. Trailbraking is huge (for me) on this track and the Porsche executes it well
What kinda qt time are you shooting ?

The weekly race guide for you! A day late due to christmas, and do hope you've all had a good christmas! Some lap guides (I spent quite awhile on each lap!) for those that need some markers and entertainment for those looking for racing action!

Enjoy!

P.S. it will be out at 15:30 nipping to 2nd christmas so thought I'd post it ready for then than not at all!

What kinda qt time are you shooting ?
Rn I’m at 3:28:9 but can definitely get it down. I can shave a second off if I can manage to quit bombing the same turns over and over. That will be today’s itinerary.
Am I the only one doing B this rotation? 🤣
I ran some B yesterday, my gr4 selection is terrible tho and the Citroen visibility is even worse than my selection 😅

Which car are you using? This track is all about top end speed with medium speed turns.

There are a few really critical turns on this layout that can make seconds worth of difference. These are the ones to concentrate on;

Turn 2. As close as possible to wall on apex and on exit.

The right hander onto the bridge. This is tricky, but getting it right is critical.

The sweeping right before the long straight. Most important turn on the track. You need a late turn in, ride the inside apex and full throttle as early as possible. (I use the blue barrier on exit as a guide).

I was running the Genesis X which is usually super quick on RS but it just wasn’t going it for me this time. Currently I did improve using the M6 Endurance.

I don’t feel I’m losing much in the turns but if I am it’s probably the long sweeper.

I’ll keep at it I guess. I don’t like feeling that the game has got the better of me…

St. Croix is just a weird, awkward track in many ways, although I think the last sector flows nicely. However, if you drive for a CRB, you stand a good chance of picking up places as everyone else's inexperience on the track rears up. This morning, in an extreme example, I ran P8->P3! It was a wreckless lobby, I guess, I just circled mostly for the CRB. I passed at least two serving 3sec pens and a couple who were applying pressure to me then spinning out in the rear-view mirror.

Last night, however, I was spun on lap two, into the P-teens. I decided to not change tires in the pit. Didn't cost me any positions, but I won;t do that again. One tire completely lost early on the final lap. I'm pretty sure the better tire-handlers are not changing, but I am not one of those!

For those of you doing Race B, what cars do you think are best for the race? I just tried the NSX, and it was OK, but boy do those Mazdas pull away in the straights.

I don't want to race the Mazda, so I'm looking for suggestions of other cars that are competitive in the race. The race I was just in was won by a Citroen, but I don't know if that was an anomaly or not.

For those of you doing Race B, what cars do you think are best for the race? I just tried the NSX, and it was OK, but boy do those Mazdas pull away in the straights.

I don't want to race the Mazda, so I'm looking for suggestions of other cars that are competitive in the race. The race I was just in was won by a Citroen, but I don't know if that was an anomaly or not.
The Citroen in my race was the highest US quali guy and he did pole to flag.
458 seems to have much needed acceleration and the Jag seems quick as well. Tried the Vantage and it seems good in qt but I feel better using the Bug atm.
It’s much better than the Evo which is what I used yesterday.
Some cars just can’t get on with it after their pace is dropped through a corner due to traffic.

GL

Last edited:
The Citroen in my race was the highest US quali guy and he did pole to flag.
458 seems to have much needed acceleration and the Jag seems quick as well. Tried the Vantage and it seems good in qt but I feel better using the Bug atm.
It’s much better than the Evo which is what I used yesterday.
Some cars just can’t get on with it after their pace is dropped through a corner due to traffic.

GL
A GR4 Bug as in VW?

Hey @Revengel - that was you, wasn;t it? Thanks for the bump draft!

That race was 'death by a thousand cuts' for me. A slip here, slightly missed apex there, with no margin for error because the lobby was running fast and clean. Even tho I fell back a few Ps, it was still an enjoyable race.

St. Croix is starting to grow on me. Now, if I could just figure out that final corner and stop running wide....

I've used the NSX, you have to be very on the mark for the hair pin at turn 10 to keep the speed on the back straight.
The 650 is fast but I like to rev the engine out, changing at 50-75% is wrong.
The 458 seemed the quickest on the straights but I can't get it to go clean at the chicane turn 11-12-13.

My NSX QT is at 1.38.8** did a few late night runs and was starting P10-P14 in mainly A+ lobbies, way above my level!

Back