GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
I did 2 races at DT at about 3:10pm, there was some action involved, I finished 7th in the first one, the second one I was not so lucky. Finished in 12th, see I need to choose the right car to give me the best results. I looked in the leaderboards and the top time was around 1'37.500. I don't know how they do it, and the sausage curbs are annoying cause they affect the balance of my car.

I did 2 races at DT at about 3:10pm, there was some action involved, I finished 7th in the first one, the second one I was not so lucky. Finished in 12th, see I need to choose the right car to give me the best results. I looked in the leaderboards and the top time was around 1'37.500. I don't know how they do it, and the sausage curbs are annoying cause they affect the balance of my car.
Don't use the sausages in race unless you really really feel you can line them up.

In QT the way to use them is to lift off as you hit them, but in race the latency and the way the physics changes, it's really not worth it....trust me.

I just want to go back to WheelHP and Nebucs discussion. They both miss the point in that it's the pedals that make the difference over a wheel or thumb stick. It's the ability to disconnect your hands doing everything and delegating multiple parts that helps. I think it is somewhat remiss to think of control inputs so linearly when it's ultimately just co-ordination and ability.

If you haven’t tried the veyron yet, you might give it a try. Bb on -3 works well.
Easy to get below 1:40 but I hit my limit in low 1:39s.
Two additional cars I’ve seen do well beyond the meta is Citroen and believe it or not, Sirroco or however it’s spelled 😂 that was the first car to beat me in a fair string of races yesterday evening.
Good luck 🍀

I tried the Veyron tonight following your replay but couldn't match your time so went back the NSX and first lap dropped my time to 1.38.776 not had time to race unfortunately.
Give the NSX a go.

Last edited:
It was a good day today and certainly helped me on my way back to B.
2 races at St. Croix. (I knew it would be good to me.)

Dropped 3 seconds from my poor qualy time and started the first race in P7.
Made 2 places into turn 3 and a Supra was off ahead and we went side by side into T4. They ran wide and decided to come back on right into me spinning me around. Now in DFL I just knuckle down. A few others have accidents or I am just faster. I gain a few positions and am back up in the top 10. Thankfully a couple of stupid moments where I brake too late for T2 don't cost me much more than my dignity. I am P8 coming into the final straight but a car is stopped waiting at the line and I regain my P7. Without the punt and my mistakes I would have been fighting for my 2nd podium here this week.

Next race has me start P4. I am the top Supra so I know I have an advantage in speed. I make light work of the 2 immediately ahead and am in P2 by T3. The Audi in P1 has a bit of a gap and I quickly close in whilst the guys behind fight causing the following gap to extend. I'm on the back of the Audi by the end of the long straight and I start to apply the pressure. It works immediately and they run wide out of the corner but hold it well. However they proceed to run wide again at the next right and I am past. From there I increase the gap as they continue to fight. I pit on lap 3 this time as it stretches out the pack and provides some gaps. However practically everyone followed me anyway. From there I managed the gap. Others were faster than me but I didn't make mistakes this time and brought it home for my first Dalies victory on GT7. (The previous 3 were all Nations)
20231228_152200.jpg

Still a mess in the actual race, but had some good come out of it today. First race C in a terrible drop split, so of course I bin it early lap 1 and drop back to 6th from pole. Catching up when an overeager slower driver refuses to brake at all and torpedoes me to dead last. Manage to catch up again and run into the wall once more. Gave up and cruised to the end.

2nd race I see a @D_Dragline on track. And I promptly spin to DFL again on the final corner when I don't feather the throttle as I clip the grass. Managed to end up racing and turns out I would have been racing to reclaim a p6 had I not got involved with some filth and then misjudged a line wrecking myself off the rear of a much slower driver moving over. Guy had been swerve blocking all race and wrecking people so there's a possibility it was that, but whatever.

Final race I finally didn't bin it. Had a sketchy moment costing me time on my overcut lap but had great battling and awesome fun racing. @D_Dragline and I swapped places at the finish, but it was good stuff.

I'm literally at a loss for words as I sit here, trying to figure out what to say about this. In fact, I'll just let the video speak for itself. It's short, has multiple angles, slow-motion, and split-screen. There's still no explanation for this.

PD, your logic is inscrutable.

Yep , crap penalty detection. What PD thinks is that you hit them in the side and then they went off track, so must be your fault right?

Seems that PD is incapable of figuring out that the other car was completely out of control and going sideways across the track.

Rather than spend their time on Sophy, it would be better if PD spent their time on AI Stewardship to resolve penalties and review of dirty driving.

Yep , crap penalty detection. What PD thinks is that you hit them in the side and then they went off track, so must be your fault right?

Seems that PD is incapable of figuring out that the other car was completely out of control and going sideways across the track.

Rather than spend their time on Sophy, it would be better if PD spent their time on AI Stewardship to resolve penalties and review of dirty driving.
Ive taken for granted that sophy, as the stewards, is a mid-long term goal.

I've had fun trying to race with @D_Dragline But he's probably tired of watching me bin it by now. Another good lap or 2 of racing ruined by my own incompetence. Then icing on the cake when I get run off by an oblivious driver who assumes no one can be on their outside after they made a mistake. I understand my own issues, but c'mon
Please?

Hey, @ILLEAGLE_34 , found that second. Sorry, you were at the top-o-da-list and I needed a goal.😇

I know this is not a smart move. I've likely already been stomped again. The only comfort I have being that I was rubbin' walls and playin' in the dirt the whole lap...I got more in me.😁

Now YOU can deal with the multi-pronged @TheNormsk attack.🤣

:cheers:

Still a mess in the actual race, but had some good come out of it today. First race C in a terrible drop split, so of course I bin it early lap 1 and drop back to 6th from pole. Catching up when an overeager slower driver refuses to brake at all and torpedoes me to dead last. Manage to catch up again and run into the wall once more. Gave up and cruised to the end.

2nd race I see a @D_Dragline on track. And I promptly spin to DFL again on the final corner when I don't feather the throttle as I clip the grass. Managed to end up racing and turns out I would have been racing to reclaim a p6 had I not got involved with some filth and then misjudged a line wrecking myself off the rear of a much slower driver moving over. Guy had been swerve blocking all race and wrecking people so there's a possibility it was that, but whatever.

Final race I finally didn't bin it. Had a sketchy moment costing me time on my overcut lap but had great battling and awesome fun racing. @D_Dragline and I swapped places at the finish, but it was good stuff.

It was great to see you on track.
It’s been ages since we raced together. It’s so satisfying to know the guy next to you is not going to try and murder you at the first opportunity. You’re making that McLaren purr through the tight sections. I tried it early in the week and it’s a beautiful drive, but I lost patience with it getting divebombed everywhere and thenswallowed on the straight.

I’m mostly enjoying Race C this week, but it is absolute mayhem in the mid-pack. Too many A and B rated drivers want to force overtakes in places where only disaster can result.

My rating took a huge hit in last week’s Race B and I am finding myself in lobbies where qualy times are waaay out of whack with race pace. How is it that there are people who have a low 26 qualifying lap and can’t get under 29 in the race?

I’m entirely the opposite. My qualy is very average but I’m generally finding just staying out of trouble and clocking mid 27 pace will get me to the podium unless some peanut wants to put me in the fence.

Hey, @ILLEAGLE_34 , found that second. Sorry, you were at the top-o-da-list and I needed a goal.😇

I know this is not a smart move. I've likely already been stomped again. The only comfort I have being that I was rubbin' walls and playin' in the dirt the whole lap...I got more in me.😁

Now YOU can deal with the multi-pronged @TheNormsk attack.🤣

:cheers:

1703828321189.gif
Oh God Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins
Round 2 Fight!

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I'm literally at a loss for words as I sit here, trying to figure out what to say about this. In fact, I'll just let the video speak for itself. It's short, has multiple angles, slow-motion, and split-screen. There's still no explanation for this.

PD, your logic is inscrutable.

Totally harsh! How they cannot detect someone from being off track to on track and hitting someone is beyond me.

It was great to see you on track.
It’s been ages since we raced together. It’s so satisfying to know the guy next to you is not going to try and murder you at the first opportunity. You’re making that McLaren purr through the tight sections. I tried it early in the week and it’s a beautiful drive, but I lost patience with it getting divebombed everywhere and thenswallowed on the straight.

I’m mostly enjoying Race C this week, but it is absolute mayhem in the mid-pack. Too many A and B rated drivers want to force overtakes in places where only disaster can result.

My rating took a huge hit in last week’s Race B and I am finding myself in lobbies where qualy times are waaay out of whack with race pace. How is it that there are people who have a low 26 qualifying lap and can’t get under 29 in the race?

I’m entirely the opposite. My qualy is very average but I’m generally finding just staying out of trouble and clocking mid 27 pace will get me to the podium unless some peanut wants to put me in the fence.
The qually time to race time discrepancy is huge down in the DR B-A border zone, Usually down to a lack of racecraft and in race practice. I've just been pushing too hard while learning the wheel.

But was good to know you weren't gonna launch me turn 1. That's not always the case.
Tried to do a few more while backing off and running about 90 percent. Got walled by a late diving Supra at lap 1 turn 1 a few times but usually it's just a Supra or a Ford GT forgetting about slipstream and braking deep, just waiting for me to avoid the damage.

I understand wanting to run the Supra as that back straight is a huge weapon but I spent several months driving that thing in a league and I'm so over it. At least I'm having fun and getting some racing back in

The qually time to race time discrepancy is huge down in the DR B-A border zone, Usually down to a lack of racecraft and in race practice. I've just been pushing too hard while learning the wheel.

But was good to know you weren't gonna launch me turn 1. That's not always the case.
Tried to do a few more while backing off and running about 90 percent. Got walled by a late diving Supra at lap 1 turn 1 a few times but usually it's just a Supra or a Ford GT forgetting about slipstream and braking deep, just waiting for me to avoid the damage.

I understand wanting to run the Supra as that back straight is a huge weapon but I spent several months driving that thing in a league and I'm so over it. At least I'm having fun and getting some racing back in
This is actually the first time I’ve spent time in the Supra. I’ve willfully avoided it forever because it’s generally been OP and I much prefer the MR cars. BUT, my god it’s good to drive.

Not only is it quick in a straight line, but it has such good, controllable throttle steering.

It matches this track perfectly.

It's really quite in here.

So I thought I'd just write a few thoughts on this weeks races:

Anecdotally race A looks good on paper but looking at my small leaderboard sample not a lot of people are doing it.

Race B which is probably a good portion of people's staple of race has had a lot of traction but peeps have stopped improving there so I guess they aren't racing or just not liking it.

Race C not done, not even QT'd.

Race be has been a mixed beast for me, I QTd very very well for a B (now A driver) but I'll be honest it's a tricky one especially as there isn't a clear meta in race.

Highs and lows, smiles and cries but mostly upwards so all good.

Is everyone still in Xmas mode?

Edit: or quiet :)

Last edited:
Well, I’ve some news! I actually had @Famine in my race tonight! Totally star struck and of course I bombed it and he won, looked fairly spectacular too! I’ve been trying in my atenza to get under 1.40, but still lingering around 1.40.1 - until I went back on the Mazda and some point was half a second up!! But binned it so tomorrow I’ll be sorting that out. Definitely the atenza will be weekend go to.

Well, I’ve some news! I actually had @Famine in my race tonight! Totally star struck and of course I bombed it and he won, looked fairly spectacular too! I’ve been trying in my atenza to get under 1.40, but still lingering around 1.40.1 - until I went back on the Mazda and some point was half a second up!! But binned it so tomorrow I’ll be sorting that out. Definitely the atenza will be weekend go to.
That seems unlikely as I've not been on GT7 today and haven't raced online at all since the SSRX "meme race" a few months back...

... and as for winning races, I don't do that sort of thing.

Last edited:
I may complain about not liking the Mazda3, but for some reason I drive it well (for me). So, it's time to poke some bears:

1703873218781.png

Race B which is probably a good portion of people's staple of race has had a lot of traction but peeps have stopped improving there so I guess they aren't racing or just not liking it.
Well, I like it, and I improved my time. [Insert snarky, funny, or satirical comment here - I can't think of a thing! :lol:]
Well, I’ve some news! I actually had @Famine in my race tonight! Totally star struck and of course I bombed it and he won, looked fairly spectacular too!
You sure it was @Famine, and not an imposter? He always claims he sucks at racing. ;) [Disclaimer: I don't actually remember his exact words, so perhaps he doesn't claim to "suck", but unless I'm mistaken, he usually disparages his racing abilities.]

EDIT: As per his post above, looks like I was right.

Last edited:
I was in that race, I won it from pole :) Glen/gcooley66

Sadly that is just a meme driver or an alt account for a meme driver.

Edit: come on @GrumpyOldMan come join the fun in the 1:38 club ;)

Seriously the dive bombing earlier today had calmed down and I have a nice video of a 5 way battle for first in an A lobby. Just all good fun and "sportsmanship" obviously they aren't all like that as I have the counter video to post, which is mean running away 5 seconds ahead as they all just jostled and dive bombed....ironically my laps were pretty poor and had they stopped all fighting they would have caught me 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Oh man, clearly it was an imposter 🤨 it was an uk account and called famine gtplanet, that’s a shame as he was pretty good! Haha. I wasted a race for him, pffff.

He "raced" in a lobby with me as well, tried to be a cruise missile at the hairpin and missed, and came in last.

Attachments

• 18cb7e579a920-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18cb7e579a920-screenshotUrl.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 9
Another low flying object at Dragon Trail

He went on to win the race as well with 3 seconds covering the top 10 places.

Attachments

• 18cb7ef9f4017-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18cb7ef9f4017-screenshotUrl.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 18cb7e4ed7e52-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18cb7e4ed7e52-screenshotUrl.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
Back