GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Looks to me like the yellow gt in 12th turned into the guy who was in 11th trying to overtake guy in front of him
In the immediate vicinity. Do you see how so many cars take off at the start and we all bunched up? Should have been on the main straight when the lights went out 😂

I really don't like the tracks used for B and C this week, but found A to be a great fun race. I also had the privilege of racing it with a Fanatec DD Pro with a McLaren wheel and I think CSL pedals?, courtesy of @Barney Da Dog. He told me about some baked in countersteer when using a controller, and I never knew that but the difference was unreal once I got home and started racing with my usual Dualsense. Using the wheel setup, there was always a noticeable oversteer in most corners and a good deal of finesse was needed to get a good time. Using the Dualsense, it's like playing a different game. It's so much easier to control, the oversteer is basically gone and what is there is much more manageable. Within a few laps I'd managed to best my time on the wheel by about 2 seconds.

But boy is it fun using a direct drive wheel and nice pedals.

I really don't like the tracks used for B and C this week, but found A to be a great fun race. I also had the privilege of racing it with a Fanatec DD Pro with a McLaren wheel and I think CSL pedals?, courtesy of @Barney Da Dog. He told me about some baked in countersteer when using a controller, and I never knew that but the difference was unreal once I got home and started racing with my usual Dualsense. Using the wheel setup, there was always a noticeable oversteer in most corners and a good deal of finesse was needed to get a good time. Using the Dualsense, it's like playing a different game. It's so much easier to control, the oversteer is basically gone and what is there is much more manageable. Within a few laps I'd managed to best my time on the wheel by about 2 seconds.

But boy is it fun using a direct drive wheel and nice pedals.
The DD wheel is nice, the pedals better just for feel.

The controller is a fast tool as well. Use what you got and perfect it is my thinking :)

I will never understand PD's SR system. I just had a race where I had tons of contact, some initiated by me and some by others, but it was all just good normal typical aggressive driving at DTG. I had car damage multiple times, again, some of it caused by me. Yet my SR went up 10% to 95% of maxed out. Go figure?

This was my first race back in DR A, and although I started P12 I finished P7 due to lots of attrition, and gained 1% DR. If I don't improve my QT, I won't be here long. But it's all good.

I've finally decided to embrace the Mazda3 because I get my best times with it. And I've discovered that it can make up ground fast - I probably mentioned this before, but I'm old and allowed to drone on.

You know what? I like being a mid B driver! LOL.

I have not been feeling either of B or C this week and just can't get a good QT and my consistency has been terrible. I'm stacking the car into a barrier more than I am keeping it on track...

That said, I continued to beat the Ford GT LM as I found good pace with it and I know how to throw it around St Croix to a point. I did one race on my GB account earlier in the week using the Supra and the results where lacklustre to say the least. My Supra time is a couple seconds off the Ford.. Anyway, I tracked the Ford this evening.

Race 1 - I start in 3rd and make it to 1st on the first lap and I was holding that through lap 2 until I overshot turn 23 lap 2 and I stick it into the barrier. :banghead: I end up coming in 6th.

Race 2 - I start in 7 and through the first turns quick work myself to 4th. By lap 2 I'm in 2nd ahead of some A ranked drivers in the split lobby. After pits, last lap I have dropped to 3rd but 2nd stacks it at turn 15 and I bring it home in 2nd, only 3 seconds back! I get complemented by the winner for being fast. That felt good considering their QT was 2s faster than mine.

Race 3 - I figured I should have another go as I was running well. I start in 6th and have a good race coming home in 3rd with CRB in a split A/B lobby.

So after some good results in GB I switched back to my main account in the US.

Boy, those races did not go well. I was in lobbies with some of the fastest people on the world. Sorry, but how does the leader manage to QT in 3:22? That is like 5s faster than me.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231230230158.jpg

My first race had me start in 12th and I finish in 13th which was last for cars running. What was particularly annoying was that the leader, and I guess his buddy, decided to go slow after turn 2, to let the pack past so they could then do race from the back. Yeah, he flew by me like I was going backwards on lap 2. Agh. I actually made it up to 9th before pits started to occur so thought I was holding my own but quickly got beaten back after that...

Race 2 was no better. I QT'd in 11 and ended up 12th. At least I was not last this time. There were two others behind me.

One take away from all this. The Ford GT LM is a good car in the mid Bs. For the A races though it is totally outgunned by Supras, RX Vision GTs, and the odd M6.

I'm a 1% DR A. One more race like this and I'll be back in B, and frankly, I'll probably be happier there.

Last edited:
I tried Assetto Corsa for the first time yesterday after GT7 World Series race and straight away I had a facepalm moment!! Button configurations are different for up and down shifts which makes huge sense but what about controller setup, deadzone etc does anyone have some tips or setups I can try to help make me smoother on Gran Turismo?

Last edited:
Well here is mine. I've only been playing sport on my main account since February and those early ones weren't tracked.

1704051073559.png

My GB account, which I use a lot less, plateaued out in the solid mid B pack.

1704051137229.png

EDIT: why do I have additional junk horizontal lines in my chart that the other posts do not?

EDIT2: A couple things stand out in my charts. In July was when I got the Fanatec DD GT Pro (which replaced my G29) and you see a sudden jump up in ranking. Also, around September I reinforced my Playseat Challenge so I could better control my braking, that pushed me into the upper Bs and low As. Then there was the glitch... I've since replaced that rig with a much more stout rig and ironically, I'm now doing worse. Go figure!

Last edited:
Happy new year to you easteners :D Still got six hours to go here..

I did a race on the Euro servers as it turned midnight in Europe. The quality of the driving was rough to say the least. I think quite a few drivers may have been inebriated :lol:. I think the stewards were as a well as they allowed this pass on me under yellow caution with no penalty given to the other driver! Wtf 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Happy new year to you easteners :D Still got four hours to go here..

I did a race on the Euro servers as it turned midnight in Europe. The quality of the driving was rough to say the least. I think quite a few drivers may have been inebriated :lol:. I think the stewards were as a well as they allowed this pass on me under yellow caution with no penalty given to the other driver! Wtf 🤷‍♂️

Was there actually a yellow flag shown before the pass? I didn't see one, just a yellow light after the exit of the turn just before the incident.

Was there actually a yellow flag shown before the pass? I didn't see one, just a yellow light after the exit of the turn just before the incident.

Yes the caution comes up while the other car is still 10th. They’re side by side and go 9th while it states no passing.

Perhaps it does not register because they were already in the pass, side by side, as the caution flag is displayed and that I braked to slot in behind, though that was part of my usual racing line.

Last edited:
But the game rarely penalizes passing on yellow
Yes the caution comes up while the other car is still 10th. They’re side by side and go 9th while it states no passing.

Perhaps it does not register because they were already in the pass, side by side, as the caution flag is displayed and that I braked to slot in behind, though that was part of my usual racing line.
In my experience, the game rarely penalizes passing on a yellow. Do you usually get a penalty for doing it?

But the game rarely penalizes passing on yellow

In my experience, the game rarely penalizes passing on a yellow. Do you usually get a penalty for doing it?

I have in the past so I presumed it was a general thing. Otherwise why have the caution flag and the no passing notification?

Back