GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
My new years resolution was to do a pole to flag victory against at least 1 A+ driver, with a meme driver at least 6 places behind at the finish.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240101072310.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240101071034.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No clue. If you want to discuss this further, please post the question on the GranTracker thread. Thanks.
Hey, happy 2024. What a good way to start off the new year. We're dealing with Fuji, Suzuka and Barcelona. Just thankfully it's not the full chicane this time, so it will be easier at Barcelona to get a low time. I just bought a Lexus LFA '10 for Fuji. Now I have some weaknesses at Fuji, the last part of the track after the Dunlop banner. You know where I mean, right? Where the Master IB-10 test took place, a difficult section.

Last edited:
I think that's a copycat - the real one races under the Spanish flag, and always drives pink cars.....

I’d been wondering about this. They don’t drive the same but I wondered why anyone would want to race under a similar name?

I mean, I’ve still seen others apparently deliberately try to take him out of the race 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
99% of the time I gain a place under yellow. I recall the first time I saw a yellow on GTS and I slowed while several cars drove by me passing the car which triggered the yellow.
It's annoying as it was the Dutchman in the Lambo I briefly passed giving him the inside to maintain our positions.

You can pass the crashed car but you have to be in the same position when the flag clears (or you are far enough from the incident) it's the correct rules but in GT you race a lot closer and a lot less physical awareness. Also I imagine most players don't really understand flag rules to be fair.

I’d been wondering about this. They don’t drive the same but I wondered why anyone would want to race under a similar name?

I mean, I’ve still seen others apparently deliberately try to take him out of the race 🤷🏼‍♂️
No, I can understand someone wanting to take a similar name to one of the good guys (eg the @Famine doppelganger 😉), but not someone like that!

He was in a race B at DT last week, on pole and just went on to win by a good few seconds - he did at least inspire me to copy his car of choice, the Lancer. It drove much better than the WRX that I had been using, and I set my fastest lap in it. Didn't stop me suffering DR and SR down in nearly every race though ☹️

Anyway, got off to a better start at race B at Suzuka today - first time I've ever had a result like this there:-

20240101_160358.jpg

It's
Happy New Year everyone!

Jumped into a morning (for me) Suzuka in a strong lobby (P8, CRB good for points, at least for me!)

When did we start seeing DR.S in the lobbies? I think I've seen those in the GTWS standings but not in the dailies. Pole this morning had DR.S/SR.S
It is just the world tour drivers doing dailies.

You usually have to be in the A+ top splits to race with them (and they don't race often on their main accounts tbf)

But if lobby/time of day or just player count spreads enough then you might see them occasionally on their Tour/top accounts.

It's

It is just the world tour drivers doing dailies.

You usually have to be in the A+ top splits to race with them (and they don't race often on their main accounts tbf)

But if lobby/time of day or just player count spreads enough then you might see them occasionally on their Tour/top accounts.
Top split A+ : not me!
Jan 1, early morning, yeah that'll do it.

Hey guys - should this be week 2023-53, or 2024-01? I've managed to confuse myself. It seems to me that since the week starts on 2024-01-01 at 7:00 UTC, it should be 2024-01, right?
It's iso-01 with weeks counting now. Its not week 53 but can be expressed like that as long as week 01 starts today partial and week 53 ended partial.

Gregorian dates combined with latitude time adjustments are nightmare programming wise.

GL mate

For anyone who might be interested in trying race A, I strongly suggest not qualifying.
I knew as soon as I saw that it was a grid start, that starting near the front was bad. :scared:

I qualified on my main account to get used to the car., But when I entered, I used my alt account with no QT.
Here's what it looks like almost every time:

Most of the cars starting near the front will leave turn 1 with damage, and/or penalties.

Last edited:
For anyone who might be interested in trying race A, I strongly suggest not qualifying.
I knew as soon as I saw that it was a grid start, that starting near the front was bad. :scared:

I qualified on my main account to get used to the car., But when I entered, I used my alt account with no QT.
Here's what it looks like almost every time:

Most of the cars starting near the front will leave turn 1 with damage, and/or penalties.

Yeah I can confirm. Done a few race A's, started on pole, destroyed on turn 1 in all but one race. It's hilarious how silly people are. I've lost alot of lap time because I'm laughing at the choas. I haven't lost any SR yet though cos I've been the victim not the punter. Which is surprising. Its a cool race though.

God knows how bad Suzuka Race B is, I'm not even going there, I can remember last time GR.3 was race B was there and it nearly made me uninstall the game.

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone. I was fortunate enough to receive a PS5 for Christmas from my family - lucky me!!!

Didn’t fancy the daily races last week, but Suzuka this week seemed like a great opportunity to have my first daily race in the PS5 lobbies. When this event ran previously I had some success with the 911RSR so loaded up a new livery and headed to the track. Ran 15 mins of qualifying and got down to 2:01.9 which I think was a little faster than the last time this was a daily race. This put me 2nd on the grid for a largely B/S lobby and off we set. Trailed the pole sitter through sector 1 but he ran wide in Degner 2 and I passed him cleanly into the hairpin and didn’t see anyone else for the rest of the race. All in, a nice start to my PS5 online racing!
1704148950033.jpeg

1704148965887.jpeg

1704148978633.jpeg

I just pulled up Suzuka to try to get a QT, and saw that I had a previous saved lap of 2:01.9 with the 911, which seems to be a target, so I chased that and it turns out I can’t drive the 911 anymore!

Guess I’m not used to the understeer anymore. I need to find another car. Perhaps will try the M6.

Last edited:
It does appear to act differently than the last time I used it there. Don't know what changed.

There’s a lot more understeer… I had to move BB to -3 to get through turn 1 & 2 to get it to behave a little. I haven’t tried any suspension tuning

I tried the m6 and that felt horrible as well. Then it dawned on me that it is probably the racing hard tires. They seem a lot more slippery these days and I don’t particularly like them. I only get on with RS and RM. It was probably on one of those that I set my prior time.

@mellofello9 i was just about to leave the screen for B race qualifying and you just had to raise me by .1 before I could switch screens 😂😂

Went back to see if I had a little more gain left and found a few more tenths.

First shots fired to bring in the New Year 😁

GL to all this week
View attachment 1315893
That's freakin' awesome! I had a few to run some laps today and saw you were at the top of the heap @ Suzuka. Target acquired. 😁

Couple passes had me in the 04's, then threes and 'poof', mid twos. Pop out and I'm all super confident sittin' up top...then something happened. YOU happened. Out there stealin' my sunshine and stuff. Lopped another .7 off your lap and I was like "dafuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu just happened here??" 🤣

Not sure if I got another tenth or so in me but am super stoked that I was able to drop into the ones, if only barely. Hoping with holiday things winding down I'll be able to find some more track time. So, THANK YOU for the motivation!!

Speaking of motivators, hey, @ILLEAGLE_34 ...

you_win.gif

Nice lap and no way I was going to find almost a second on what I had...this time.😁

See y'all out there! :cheers:

EDIT - Oh yeah, @Dep Fishtail
game_on.gif

Last edited:
Back