GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,058 comments
Nice! I’ve used one for like the last 3 years or so and can’t imagine going back to using a controller again for racing games.
Yeah although GT7 can be played with a dualsense, it's simply nowhere near as enjoyable, or in my opinion, not worth playing on a dualsense. I'd much rather play a straight arcade game on dualsense like wipeout, wreckfest or GTA then. GT7 tries to bring realism to the controller, but IMO just misses the mark. GT Sport however was much more fun on a controller than GT7. But GT7 is more fun for me on a wheel than controller. Looks like it'll be that way for every GT game to come out in future as well. But past Gt games like GT3/4? I can play and enjoy on a controller just fine, sometimes even preferred to over a wheel. Like the licence tests where you are often restarting to get gold

Last edited:
I've not ignored anything, you've just made something up to get angry at. I've addressed all your points, and if you want some data so badly, we can pop on over to the Time Trials thread and look at some lovely data courtesy of the equally lovely @half_sourly.

Your insistence on saying I've "made up" a point when it's basic reasoning. Hilarious.
Of course, there's no way to get the exact data you want (and I know you know that, which is why you're trying to make a point out of it)
But in reality...The exact data would simply help your "point", which you lost already.
We have 31 wheel users here, and 19 controller users making up the top 50. So 62% on wheel and 38% on gamepad.
That's incredibly small sample size. Throw it out, but if this is all you have then to support your legs... still You're not winning here... 62% on wheel... do I need to make my overall point yet? Even more clear? I like how you went and made a big fuss to get the "data" only for it to not support your argument.. hilarious, but thanks for the laugh LOL. I hope you Have a nice day, and be a bit more honest next time, no need to play the patronizing kindergarten teacher on the casting couch! this isn't middleschool anymore :lol: Now I've got some work to do than to sit on a couch and pick apart more of your mental gymnastics.

Edit: Why am I surprised you can't follow points in arguments, and that you lost the point so easily? :lol:

Last edited:
Your insistence on saying I've "made up" a point when it's basic reasoning. Hilarious.

But in reality...The exact data would simply help your "point", which you lost already.

That's incredibly small sample size. Throw it out, but if this is all you have then to support your legs... still You're not winning here... 62% on wheel... do I need to make my overall point yet? Even more clear? I like how you went and made a big fuss to get the "data" only for it to not support your argument.. hilarious, but thanks for the laugh LOL. I hope you Have a nice day, and be a bit more honest next time, no need to play the patronizing kindergarten teacher on the casting couch! this isn't middleschool anymore :lol: Now I've got some work to do than to sit on a couch and pick apart more of your mental gymnastics.
Ok I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about at this point. Just making an argument up for the sake of it? You don't even know what the initial conversation was at this point, let alone whatever it has turned into in your head. Grow up mate.

Last edited:
Oof guys, when I asked I was just curious as to you guys’ input source. I was a little off put by the snap back about the question but now I guess I understand why. It’s not that deep. It is fun though

I managed to shave another .5 on my QT last night (which is anything but impressive) by moving from the gt to the Supra. Turn in is great but boy is it loose in the exits

Oof guys, when I asked I was just curious as to you guys’ input source. I was a little off put by the snap back about the question but now I guess I understand why. It’s not that deep. It is fun though

I managed to shave another .5 on my QT last night (which is anything but impressive) by moving from the gt to the Supra. Turn in is great but boy is it loose in the exits
If you look at the time trial tread/results thread there is a table with GTP members and it shows the controller types they use.

The top 10/20 are all a mix of wheel and controller and these peeps are at the very very sharp end of the standings for TTs

I appreciate the experimentation they have been using Race A for recently, and it's clear that an SR-off DR-on situation is what they've settled on. I would like to see something else though, and racing around Nurburgring Sprint in the MR2 (a car with TONS of character) inspired it... Rotating venues for these road cars, maybe a track vote or switching the circuit/weather conditions once or twice during the week.

I feel like mastering a car's nuances is part of the fun but once you've done a dozen or so races it becomes stale and very much an exercise in repetition, it would be interesting to see drivers taking their skills to a different track after a few days of practice.

Thing which took seconds off of any lap time, increased consistency, and general car control all around: VR

Thing which did literally nothing to my lap times, nor provide any tangible benefit except for fun: wheel

Im not even going to get into the weeks of driving on carriage roads, then the wheel and the frustration incurred as i’ve realized the limits Sony has put on their implementation of the fanatec sdk. Which, it should be mentioned, that fanatec and logitech have attempted/implemented work arounds with trueforce, and full force, tech. Thats not to say that the wheel isn’t fun, nor good, but it’s certainly not the inherent advantage some perceive it to be.

Which brings us back to alsace, whose long medium corners would be so much more enjoyable with a bit more tire feel on the wheels, particularly in that last sector.
That said, the flow of that track is finally beginning to reveal itself. It feels as if there are many lines to this course. Im not fast yet, but its beginning to get really fun. Can’t believe ive never really run this course before now.

If you look at the time trial tread/results thread there is a table with GTP members and it shows the controller types they use.

The top 10/20 are all a mix of wheel and controller and these peeps are at the very very sharp end of the standings for TTs
Thank you! I’ve been in the wrong “time trial” thread. I can’t believe there are top contenders using the turning function of the controller (not the joystick can’t remember the name) THAT is impressive. I tried using it a few days and it was not working lol is a really neat feature

I would honestly love to try VR in GT7 - the game is gorgeous as it is and VR would bring that to the next level for sure.
I used to play a lot of iRacing in VR about 5 years ago and it adds such a big layer to the experience, both in terms of racing and just driving - I'd be lying if I said I didn't fantasise about how GT7 would be with it.

Doing an oval race in VR on iRacing is what made me realise why people like it so much, dozens of cars tightly packed, barely any room to breathe - one mistake and the whole pack is wiped out because of you. It's a sensational feeling, and it doesn't carry through without VR.

I need to get me under 1.40 on race B this weekend, I’ve a few cars left to play with, managing to get home a little earlier this week, so Friday night race night might work out

Which brings us back to alsace, whose long medium corners would be so much more enjoyable with a bit more tire feel on the wheels, particularly in that last sector.
That said, the flow of that track is finally beginning to reveal itself. It feels as if there are many lines to this course. Im not fast yet, but it’s beginning to get really fun. Can’t believe ive never really run this course before now.

You mean St. Croix right?

Last edited:
I need to get me under 1.40 on race B this weekend, I’ve a few cars left to play with, managing to get home a little earlier this week, so Friday night race night might work out
If you haven’t tried the veyron yet, you might give it a try. Bb on -3 works well.
Easy to get below 1:40 but I hit my limit in low 1:39s.
Two additional cars I’ve seen do well beyond the meta is Citroen and believe it or not, Sirroco or however it’s spelled 😂 that was the first car to beat me in a fair string of races yesterday evening.
Good luck 🍀

Last edited:
If you haven’t tried the veyron yet, you might give it a try. Bb on -3 works well.
Two additional cars I’ve seen do well beyond the meta is Citroen and believe it or not, Sirroco or however it’s spelled 😂 that was the first car to beat me in a fair string of races yesterday evening.
Good luck 🍀
Thanks for that I will do, got a second place with the wrx and the atenza tonight, I’ll try further the atenza at the weekend but I’m gonna try those too!

Good luck 🍀
The Veyron will be the one I set my final time on the weekend in.

Not driven the NSX, but the Citroen is a bit weird but definitely not anti meta.

The scirroco is not something I've seen but it was fast at brands so assume it's good at DTGs

The 155 is solid by the looks of it, but just use the Mazda 3 it's a faster car.

The GR4 category is so unbalanced atm it's depressing

Not driven the NSX, but the Citroen is a bit weird but definitely not anti meta.

The scirroco is not something I've seen but it was fast at brands so assume it's good at DTGs

The 155 is solid by the looks of it, but just use the Mazda 3 it's a faster car.

I just don’t like the way the Mazda drives mate, the US under acceleration just isn’t fun, so assume the scirricco (or however you spell it) will be the same, I have to say, I’m liking the 4wd cars, I’ll give the Alfa some time too

I just don’t like the way the Mazda drives mate, the US under acceleration just isn’t fun, so assume the scirricco (or however you spell it) will be the same, I have to say, I’m liking the 4wd cars, I’ll give the Alfa some time too
It's a massively over powered fwd car, point it straight and it goes. It understeers like a bitch but that's why the other drive trains probably work better at DTG.

I'm using the McLaren but if you aren't comfortable with the short shifting the Ferrari isn't a bad shout. Its meta but not massively as it understeers.

Find a car that works you and it's all good :)

If anyone wants to check for gears and shift points that I’m using on the veyron, I just loaded the run on showcase tagged gtp. 🍻

I’m probably gonna venture into trying something different after a bit just to see if learning the track more will help me adapt.

I decided to give the Mazda a chance at DTG and it didn't take me long to break my best QT by a few hundredths of a second. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it'd be. The good thing about it in a race is you can make up time after mistakes.

I did one race, started P4, ended P4, but I was making up time like crazy before the finish line:

1703795836566.png

I got a very juvenile kick out of this guy's racing name:

1703795883573.png

I'm still laughing about it. Sheesh, you'd think that at 67 years old, I'd be more mature than this. But, nope!

If anyone wants to check for gears and shift points that I’m using on the veyron, I just loaded the run on showcase tagged gtp. 🍻
Thank you SO MUCH for this - I was just wishing I had it a few hours ago. OK, now I'm wishing for a million bucks! ... waiting ...

Seriously though, can't wait to check it out.

View attachment 1314938

I'm still laughing about it. Sheesh, you'd think that at 67 years old, I'd be more mature than this. But, nope!
There are some gems out there for sure. Some of my favorites I've seen (added as a picture so they couldn't be searched)

Capture.PNG

I seriously almost crashed my car laughing at the first one.

Last edited:
I decided to give the Mazda a chance at DTG and it didn't take me long to break my best QT by a few hundredths of a second. It wasn't as horrible as I thought it'd be. The good thing about it in a race is you can make up time after mistakes.

I did one race, started P4, ended P4, but I was making up time like crazy before the finish line:

1703795836566.png

This is how much of your post I first saw when reading your post and assumed that you were referring to the first place name “Lukang”. From Mortal Combat, because you know, you got a kick out of the name😂

I took a ride in the Sciccoco car at D.Trail. Got my time reduced to 1'45.276, it still didn't get me in a good position earlier today.

Back