GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,060 comments
IMG_6389.jpeg
IMG_6390.jpeg

I really hope that Daily C is Gr3 cars.
I think there is a good chance for that. This week B is Gr.3 and C is Gr.4. PD is not very imaginative and tends to rotate Gr.3/4 between B/C, so it is only reasonable that next week is B is Gr.4 and C is Gr.3.

Edit: I also predict that A will be something small and slow at Tsukuba and it will be SR enabled and DR disable. I predict that B at DT Gardens will be a wreckfest in Gr.4 through the chicane of death, so PD will give an option in A for you to drive around out of trouble at the back to get your SR back up.

Edit2: What would make C interesting would be Gr.2 cars or something like that. I guess we would never see SuperFormula there. I think PD reserves that only for the Japanese tracks..

Edit3: Which brings me back to PD needs to add a fourth race. Keep A, B, and C as they are now. A as unranked using mostly road cars, B/C rotating between Gr.3/4 cars as that is what the populous likes and then add a D race that is:
  1. Rotates between
    1. Endurance (50 minute races - 1hr race interval with up to two pit spots)
    2. Sprint (15 minute race - 20 minute interval)
    3. Strategy (35 minute race - 40 minute race interval with 1 pit stop)
  2. Do Endurance every other week and then do Sprint/Strategy on alternate weeks
  3. Matches cars to the particular race length: say Gr.1/2 for endurance, historic, classics (60s/70s/80s), exotics, tuners upto certain PP - that kind of thing - for the shorter races.
  4. Should have a hard damage model and allowable assists matched to car type; for example, no TSC or stability control for 60s cars that never had them (at least for top split lobbies),

Last edited:
There is one question I would ask just broadly, is we are on the 2nd or 3rd repeat of these races or cars/track combos. So nothing should feel scary or new. It's not like they added random corners while we were asleep.
I have a terrible memory, so I'll take any help I can get. But your point is completely valid, of course. Maybe it's just a security blanket - honestly I only pay attention to the markers in just a few spots.

1704464809237.png
1704464887504.png
1704464918395.png

I'm very conflicted. I don't think I will have much, if any time to race more this week, but Suzuka has historically been a good track for me, one which has given a significant DR bump, so I would love to race it more. For me it started with week 5 and the tuner race. With a 180SX Type X I propelled myself from D to high C. It was my first real foray into the world of Sport.

Next was week 25 with the Gr.2 cars (race B). That was my first time with such high performance cars in Sport and I was not very good but I gained more points than I lost, though for the week I was down due to poor results in race C.

I really found my cadence on the track in week 36 with the 911 around the track. That had me progress to the high Bs. I even won a couple of races but binned a few as well as I learned the nuances of the track.
Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 8.50.40 AM.png

Now this week and I have been having fun with the M6. After the first race, where a turn 2 incident had me in the gravel which dropped me from A to B, I've since climbed back to 26% DR A. I've been consistent and as the competition gets harder (most races a split A+/A), I am not necessarily racing for podium but rather a top 8 finish. If I can finish top 8 then that is progress.
Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 8.54.24 AM.png

So my dilemma is do I continue with what little racing time I have this week on my Normsk_US account or do I switch and apply some of this to the Normsk_GB account which is lower mid B currently? I think I am reaching the end of the competitiveness of the M6 in the mid A lobbies I am now in. For instance, while the M6 still sets fast QTs on the leader board, most races are full of 911, RCZs and GTRs. Very few have the M6. For instance, my last race I was the only non RCZ/911 on the top 12.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240104210234.jpg

The achilles heel for the M6 is the hairpin which it is slow out of. This is where I typically lose my places in the run out of that into Spool. So, I gave the RCZ a go last night on my GB account. Within 5 laps and no tuning or BB, I was at 2:01.8x. Then I started to test out some tunes and most made it worse. In the end I got one that shaved another tenth off to get me into the 2:01.7s but basically this car is good in stock form as it, whereas the M6 needed a very specific tune to make it drivable.

So I think I'll try the RCZ and test it out on the Euro circuit first. It would be nice to bump that to high Bs. Not sure I want to get to A on that account - I often like being mid B.

Anyway, I'll have to see if I even have time first..

Last edited:
It's really interesting @TheNormsk in the Europe lobbies the RCZ isn't that popular and the M6 is usually at the sharp end infront or behind me.

I have a pic but last night the top 5 in most lobbies was GTR, 911, M6, Ferrari

Notice my beloved Macca not on the list :( even this week I couldn't make it dance sadly so went GTR because I don't like it so good practice

Perhaps that is because the Americas does not know how awful Peugeot are in real live? Euros avoid them just out of spite :D
Having owned many Peugeots in my time (hot ones and sales rep type ones and mums shopping car ones) the US escaped a bullet with them!

The 205 GTi, 106 Rallye, and 306 GTi sp being the better of the lot.

The actual RCZ customer car isn't even a patch on the TT or Scirrocco let alone things of the time like the MR2 or 1 series coupe/cab

So, I gave the RCZ a go last night on my GB account. Within 5 laps and no tuning or BB, I was at 2:01.8x. Then I started to test out some tunes and most made it worse. In the end I got one that shaved another tenth off to get me into the 2:01.7s but basically this car is good in stock form as it, whereas the M6 needed a very specific tune to make it drivable.

So I think I'll try the RCZ and test it out on the Euro circuit first. It would be nice to bump that to high Bs. Not sure I want to get to A on that account - I often like being mid B.

Anyway, I'll have to see if I even have time first..

Yeah same here, tried RCZ with tunes and did low 2:02s. Tried it standard and got a low 2:01 - though some of this time is likely just getting more laps in and getting a feel for the godawful hard tyres.

I seem to have finally got to grips around Catalunya - it's got a nice flow without the horrendous twisty bit! Taken several wins in the 650 and one in the NSX, but now got A+ drivers so wins are unlikely.

I really need to get some practice in for Daytona next week - I've not raced there since getting a wheel.

Having owned many Peugeots in my time (hot ones and sales rep type ones and mums shopping car ones) the US escaped a bullet with them!

The actual RCZ customer car isn't even a patch on the TT or Scirrocco let alone things of the time like the MR2 or 1 series coupe/cab
This is what we know (505 Turbo):
1704473598136.png

Everything else is Peugault, Reneot or simply 'French'...we didn't get cool stuff like the 'original' hot hatch (205 GTi), we got the VW instead.😁

I was really hoping to get more track time this week but it's lookin' bleak. Was able to shave another tenth off my lap but have not been able to actually race at all. Blows...I know I got more in me.

Oh well, if this is the pinnacle of my challenges right now, life is pretty damn good.👍
:cheers:

Former 309GTi owner here 👋

Finally got some racing in today with my new home made rig. Did about 15 races at Suzuka, I really like the track. Took a good while but I got my first win of 2024. I must say, the racing was very good but why oh why do people brake going into 130r ??? Twice I unintentionally hit the car in front after they hit the brakes....just roll off the throttle. I escaped any penalties but I certainly didn't want to hit them 🙈🙈
20240105_172047.jpg

Made up this for myself. 40x40 steel box...it won't flex anyway 🤣 Seat is temporary until I find a cleaner 1. It will be moved into the house as soon as the building is finished 👌
20240105_140209.jpg

Watch the wall! <3

After going through a few cars i settled on the AMG 20, at least i feel like i can control it, had the pleasure of racing Tazzy, he was only 1-2 seconds faster than me pr lap.. most be the steel box...

Question, the few settings we have, are they important for the setup of the car, for example, the cars in this race just seems to lack bite in the front when turning in? I just leave them at default..

🤣🤣🤣 That's the result of the guy in front braking going into 130r , I genuinely didn't expect that, absolutely no need to do it. As for settings, I have no issues with admitting I use TC with the 911 because it is very tail happy. Just a personal thing as I haven't much practice with this wheel. I run the brake balance -3 to the front and find the 911 very settled at that, especially going into turn 1 and 2

Last edited:
Finally got some racing in today with my new home made rig. Did about 15 races at Suzuka, I really like the track. Took a good while but I got my first win of 2024. I must say, the racing was very good but why oh why do people brake going into 130r ??? Twice I unintentionally hit the car in front after they hit the brakes....just roll off the throttle. I escaped any penalties but I certainly didn't want to hit them 🙈🙈
View attachment 1316878

Made up this for myself. 40x40 steel box...it won't flex anyway 🤣 Seat is temporary until I find a cleaner 1. It will be moved into the house as soon as the building is finished 👌View attachment 1316880
Love it! Gotta get off my butt and build something and stuff like this really motivates. Thanks for sharing. Also, huge congrats on the win! 👍

:cheers:

Hello everyone, recently I have started developing setups for daily races and found great success from people who have used them and would be happy to help anyone who needs some pointers 😊
Please share, we are open to any help and also honest but this is a safe space to be you so share away bud

So my dilemma is do I continue with what little racing time I have this week on my Normsk_US account or do I switch and apply some of this to the Normsk_GB account which is lower mid B currently?
Depends on what you use the GB account for. If you want it to be close to your US account, then focus on that. If you'd rather have it in DR B for a difference, then stick with the US account.
Question, the few settings we have, are they important for the setup of the car, for example, the cars in this race just seems to lack bite in the front when turning in? I just leave them at default..
Other people feel differently, but here's my take: Most of the time I leave them alone. For this week at Suzuka, I set my 911's brake balance to +2, and I think it helps me - I started setting better times almost immediately after changing it. This could just be confirmation bias, but whatever... :lol:

Depends on what you use the GB account for. If you want it to be close to your US account, then focus on that. If you'd rather have it in DR B for a difference, then stick with the US account.

Other people feel differently, but here's my take: Most of the time I leave them alone. For this week at Suzuka, I set my 911's brake balance to +2, and I think it helps me - I started setting better times almost immediately after changing it. This could just be confirmation bias, but whatever... :lol:
I will try that tomorrow, I enjoy the stability going in to the first turn at -3 but will certainly try the other way. At the moment I'm doing faster laps in the race than I did in QT so definitely more time to be made. I'm on bar duty tonight (joys of marrying into a village pub) .I'm also keen to try the AMG, the nissan didn't work for me earlier in practice but I like the mercedes.

I'm so close to getting back to B/S I'm half afraid to try anything other than what I'm at. If the races for next week are true then I'm happy, I love Daytona 👌👌

Back