GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,063 comments
With my setup guide you’ll be able to set up any Gr car for any daily race and gain a substantial amount of time compared to the stock setup, here below are some of mine and other’s results using my setup, and I am also currently 2nd on the supra GT500 time trial at trial mountain which means that I’m not some yobbo who doesn’t know who he’s talking about 😉

Attachments

• IMG_8024.jpeg
    IMG_8024.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7990.jpeg
    IMG_7990.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8023.jpeg
    IMG_8023.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8025.jpeg
    IMG_8025.jpeg
  • IMG_8026.jpeg
    IMG_8026.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8027.jpeg
    IMG_8027.jpeg
With my setup guide you’ll be able to set up any Gr car for any daily race and gain a substantial amount of time compared to the stock setup, here below are some of mine and other’s results using my setup, and I am also currently 2nd on the supra GT500 time trial at trial mountain which means that I’m not some yobbo who doesn’t know who he’s talking about 😉
So you claim to be all these accounts?
  • MSedzzz_25
  • VQS_EAndersson
  • Miumiu
  • Miumiu79

I think it's safe to assume Miumiu is Miumiu and the other two are the "others" he mentioned lol.

I can vouch for Miumiu anyway - he's legit, and very quick. Only gonna be trying to help out.
Guess I should learn to read. LOL. I was just looking at the images and thought he was stating that these were all his.

In the end, quick people be quick. Looking at the two tunes posted, I do not see any rocket science there and I would not be any quicker with those tunes. My brain and bodily joints ar getting too slow for the millisecond reactivity needed to extract such times anyway.

Hello everyone, recently I have started developing setups for daily races and found great success from people who have used them and would be happy to help anyone who needs some pointers 😊
Would love a tune for the Gr4 458, my go to car for that class. Doing well at Barca in it this week with a lot of rear brake bias and stiffening the rear roll bar to counteract understeer.

But apart from softening the front, have no idea what to do with spring rate, compression and rebound.

Last edited:
The high 2:00:xxx I keep seeing as my potential keeps alluding me and I've put way to many KMs into TT on Suzuka now so the 2:01:4xx will have to do.
I've had many great races this week, unfortunately (or maybe not) I've been getting put in lobbies with A-A+/S players who are all way too consistent (and quick) for my high B/S rating, but one thing I've noticed it that even though my line through the hairpin (staying tight to the left, hugging the corner and accelerating from the just before the apex) is the fastest racing line I've found it is a magnet for getting someone to say Hi! to my behind during the first lap. But if I brake later I overshoot the corner and if I stay to the right as you do during the TT someone will lunge up your inside.

Other than the hairpin I've been really enjoying this weeks Daily B.

I've not done any Daily Races since about 2 months. Have done the Manufacturers Cup races as those were more interesting to me but i think i'm going to do the Dailies on the Daily again. The fact you're now able to tune part of the dampers is fun.

Wanted to get back into it earlier, but one of my beloved cats of 14 years old passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks ago so it has been very very tough, especially throughout the holidays. This also meant i was very inactive for the past weeks on GTPlanet but it feels good to be back this last week.

@TheNormsk When i saw that your dog has passed, i felt so sorry for you and couldn't imagine how it would feel to lose a pet. Now i can and it's horrible...
Not sure what you think about cats but i hope both of our little friends are enjoying playing around in pet heaven:)

Last edited:
So you claim to be all these accounts?
  • MSedzzz_25
  • VQS_EAndersson
  • Miumiu
  • Miumiu79
VQS_EAndersson is someone else that is very fast that used my setup and beat some very established names, the other accounts are mine

Would love a tune for the Gr4 458, my go to car for that class. Doing well at Barca in it this week with a lot of rear brake bias and stiffening the rear roll bar to counteract understeer.

But apart from softening the front, have no idea what to do with spring rate, compression and rebound.
Hi mate, I’d recommend giving 7 5 for the roll bars, 22 22 for the compression and 47 47 for the expansion and then 2.50 2.50 for the natural frequency, hope it helps mate 😊

Thought I’d get up a few hours before the kids today as I’ve not raced a single lap this week and boy have I missed the week, getting the times down but seriously 2.00 / 2.01 - that’s quick, reckon I might hit 2.03 before the weekend is out but that’s about it. For sure next week I need return to daily racing 😜

The high 2:00:xxx I keep seeing as my potential keeps alluding me and I've put way to many KMs into TT on Suzuka now so the 2:01:4xx will have to do.
I've had many great races this week, unfortunately (or maybe not) I've been getting put in lobbies with A-A+/S players who are all way too consistent (and quick) for my high B/S rating, but one thing I've noticed it that even though my line through the hairpin (staying tight to the left, hugging the corner and accelerating from the just before the apex) is the fastest racing line I've found it is a magnet for getting someone to say Hi! to my behind during the first lap. But if I brake later I overshoot the corner and if I stay to the right as you do during the TT someone will lunge up your inside.

Other than the hairpin I've been really enjoying this weeks Daily B.
We've been in a few races together this week, although you've been much further up the grid! I've seen you off track a bit too - presumably too much close attention from cars behind you?

Probably won't see you again though, as the lobbies I'm in are all B/S.

Haven’t raced since the beginning of the week so was keen to make use of a couple of hours late on Friday evening. Ran 5 races at Suzuka, starting off in all B/S lobbies and then blending into mixed lobbies with A and A+ drivers.

Race 1 I jumped straight in without practice, started 3rd and finished 13th lol after making some big errors almost on each lap.

Then had a couple of wins before moving into the mixed lobbies which turned out to be very aggressive. Got shuffled to the back quickly in one, then started 5th, dropped to 10th but took advantage of others mistakes to recover to 6th. And then came the last race of the night.

Started 3rd in the 911, lost a place out of Spoon on lap 1, and another on lap 2 going into the hairpin.
1704530963345.jpeg

However, lap 4 was where the action started to heat up ahead of me as they crossed the line nose to tail, and made continued contact with each other before P2 got turned around coming into the hairpin.
1704530982573.jpeg

I’m now up to P4 and all running close together onto the final lap. P1 and P2 are constantly into each other through almost every corner but they both run wide and off the track in 130R, at which point, P2 decides to settle the matter by harpooning P1 into Casio.
1704531001384.jpeg

Net result, I come through to finish second, and after 249 races, become an A rated driver! Not sure how long it will last, but seems a good point to call it a night 🍻
1704531032811.jpeg

PMK
Not sure what you think about cats but i hope both of our little friends are enjoying playing around in pet heaven
We've had a lot of cats over our 38 years of marriage, and losing them has been some of the most intense heartbreak we've ever felt, especially since we don't have kids. So I know your pain, and I am so sorry for your losses. While it's true that things get easier with time, I don't think it ever stops hurting. Hang in there, and know that there are people who feel for you.

We've been in a few races together this week, although you've been much further up the grid! I've seen you off track a bit too - presumably too much close attention from cars behind you?

Probably won't see you again though, as the lobbies I'm in are all B/S.
To be honest, 8 out of 10 times you see me off the track it's because I'm catching that sliver of grass while braking or getting too much astro turf up in Spoon.
The other times is probably from bumps in the hairpin :)

I bet I'll be seeing you around :cheers:

So, how are y'all coming along at Fuji? If I have time Sunday I'm going to enter maybe 8-10 races, that'll put my total up to 610 races for the game since my career started. I will not be doing any Daily Race C ones though as they are too long and sometimes when I enter the pit, my wifi connection goes offline, so then my race gets terminated.

To be honest, 8 out of 10 times you see me off the track it's because I'm catching that sliver of grass while braking or getting too much astro turf up in Spoon.
The grass "penalty" around the entire track is just scary. It's like the moment your tires even think about the edge of the track, you're going sideways. I've DNFed 4 races this week, and 3 of them are because I got too close to the edge. The other DNF was a foot cramp, and I can't blame that on the sand. :lol:

Of course, the 911's tires stick out a little further than I think, so that doesn't help either... Still, having fun this week.

The grass "penalty" around the entire track is just scary. It's like the moment your tires even think about the edge of the track, you're going sideways. I've DNFed 4 races this week, and 3 of them are because I got too close to the edge. The other DNF was a foot cramp, and I can't blame that on the sand. :lol:

Of course, the 911's tires stick out a little further than I think, so that doesn't help either... Still, having fun this week.
I had a funny moment heading into spoon, clipped the grass and drifted around the corner and gained 2 tenths! 🤣

So, how are y'all coming along at Fuji? If I have time Sunday I'm going to enter maybe 8-10 races, that'll put my total up to 610 races for the game since my career started. I will not be doing any Daily Race C ones though as they are too long and sometimes when I enter the pit, my wifi connection goes offline, so then my race gets terminated.
Brake early at the first turn, and stay low.

Hello friends! It's been a while for me... Extremely busy with rl so only had time for a race today since Xmas Eve! Pleasantly surprised with the result, though no idea why I lost my clean race bonus..

Started P7 with a 1:47:9 flat in Race C and happened to have a very fast friend of mine start P3 (and also ended up winning) in the same race - he also currently tops my friend list for the Race C qualy times as well, has me beat in P2 by a lot! Race went well, some close racing in some bits but I was consistent throughout and managed a few good overtakes to take P5 almost 2 seconds ahead :)

I pitted on lap 6 and was faster than those behind me but somehow, once everyone did the stop, I was in P9 at the start of lap 8 so had to climb back up the ladder the old-fashioned way lol.

I'm confused about the strategy as those who pitter on lap 7 and 8 all came out in front of me and I didn't slow down or lose time on lap 5 or 6 before coming in. Weird...

Also, I set my time and also raced in the Citroen GT - amazing car to drive!

1704558748854.jpeg
1704558758711.jpeg
1704558785423.jpeg

Feeling optimistic, I jumped into other account, set an almost equal time with the same car, started pole, won race cleanly with almost 11s to P2. Annoyed that I didn't get fastest lap by 0.027 lol.. Oh well, can't have everything! 😂

How has 2024 been treating you? Wish you all the success in GT7 and life for 2024! :)

1704558807506.jpeg
1704558816124.jpeg
1704558827708.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello friends! It's been a while for me... Extremely busy with rl so only had time for a race today since Xmas Eve! Pleasantly surprised with the result, though no idea why I lost my clean race bonus..

Started P7 with a 1:47:9 flat in Race C and happened to have a very fast friend of mine start P3 (and also ended up winning) in the same race - he also currently tops my friend list for the Race C qualy times as well, has me beat in P2 by a lot! Race went well, some close racing in some bits but I was consistent throughout and managed a few good overtakes to take P5 almost 2 seconds ahead :)

I pitted on lap 6 and was faster than those behind me but somehow, once everyone did the stop, I was in P9 at the start of lap 8 so had to climb back up the ladder the old-fashioned way lol.

I'm confused about the strategy as those who pitter on lap 7 and 8 all came out in front of me and I didn't slow down or lose time on lap 5 or 6 before coming in. Weird...

Also, I set my time and also raced in the Citroen GT - amazing car to drive!

View attachment 1317058 View attachment 1317059View attachment 1317060

Feeling optimistic, I jumped into other account, set an almost equal time with the same car, started pole, won race cleanly with almost 11s to P2. Annoyed that I didn't get fastest lap by 0.027 lol.. Oh well, can't have everything! 😂

How has 2024 been treating you? Wish you all the success in GT7 and life for 2024! :)

Citroens seem fast at Barca at least from the cockpit of my 458!

I haven’t been changing the tires on the 458 and have won a few races in B/S lobbies. Even set fastest sector times late in the race on worn tires (about 1/2 gone on the left front).

But I seem to be in the minority. Most drivers are putting fresh mediums on.

Not changing allows me to pit on lap one, do an undercut and get out of traffic.

We've had a lot of cats over our 38 years of marriage, and losing them has been some of the most intense heartbreak we've ever felt, especially since we don't have kids. So I know your pain, and I am so sorry for your losses. While it's true that things get easier with time, I don't think it ever stops hurting. Hang in there, and know that there are people who feel for you.
Thank you, appreciate the kind words!

Today I realized that you CAN do more than run qualifiers! 🤣

Finally had an hour or so to run some races in B. Four, actually, with a 50/50 split on results. Race 1 had me P4 to start and was going great. That changed quickly at the end of lap one. Entered Casio P3, left Casio P8 with a lovely 3 sec. penalty. P4 got overzealous at the entry and pitted me into the wall. Wasn't sure if intentional but absolutely decimated my race, more on that later. Finished P14 or something.

Second/Third races were much better results. 2nd has me on pole (yay!) with the driver that pitted me in the previous race P2 (boo!). Ends-up being a good race but I blow it coming out of Degner so P2/3 run past. We race on to finish in the same order with about 2 sec. on the pack.

Third has me starting P6. I was able to sneak up the inside of two fightin' it out that ended-up wide-n-slow through Dunlop and clear 'em by Degner. P3 smokes it entering Casio and ghosts, making it an uneventful pass onto the straight. Made some great time on that and ended in the same position.

Race four I'd rather not talk about. Not sure what the hell happened. Started P6 and ended P14...everything in the middle was just a race thrown in a blender, with a 'please-just-let-it-end' parfait for results. Just horribly, horribly bad, lol...maintained SR, though.😁

Good luck out there...racing seems clean in B!👍

:cheers:

Last edited:
I jumped into a Spain daily the other day. Started 6th in D/B and finished in 2nd. There were a total of 4 drivers left running at the end. Everyone else quit. Great day!

Then I went back to single player because holy **** I'm rusty :D
Blast from the past seeing you joining in again. Been quite a while since you went crickets so hopefully you have a good come back tour 😁

You must have kicked me off of your friends list because I thought you uninstalled and were flat gone 😂😂
🤔 (old days I went by Capt. Slow and recently renamed it fishtail_2)

Not much has changed in that we get some decent combos but mostly not and the penalty system is still worse than when gt7 first kicked off.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Back