GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,064 comments
I almost look forward to gr.4 until I see ‘MAZDA3’

I hope the atenza and 458 are competitive
I think a lot of cars will be competitive, although of course I could be wrong. The 650 and the 458 are certainly options, and I was just messing around with the Citroen, and man is it smooth!

Now we have to ask PD why only 4 laps? The lap times are quicker than at Suzuka last week, yet Suzuka was 5 laps. Where's the logic in that? With that said, if DT is as messy as it often is, maybe 4 laps is a good thing to preserve my heart. We'll see.

PMK
@TheNormsk When i saw that your dog has passed, i felt so sorry for you and couldn't imagine how it would feel to lose a pet. Now i can and it's horrible...
Not sure what you think about cats but i hope both of our little friends are enjoying playing around in pet heaven:)
I'm sorry for your loss. It gets easier but you still miss them. Christmas was not the same without our nerotic, half dog/half teddy bear, bundle of fluff getting excited for his presents and opening his own (it was always amazing how he knew which were his versus the others). We also have a cat, Neko, which is Japanese for cat as he actually came from Japan as a rescue brought back by a serviceman stationed over there. He's really sweet and a loving cat and while I am more dog person, he has really warmed me up to cats.

Back to racing. I think I made a decision to step away from the sport side of GT7 for a bit. I'm been racing it incessently for a year and I may be getting a bit burned out on it. I did no more races since Wednesday even though Suzuka was treating me well as I had this subconscious fear that I would then start to drop spots/DR and I would end the week dissappointed and I didn't want that. Instead, I went back to single player, particularly on my GB account, to complete more of that. I realized that was kind of fun and I am motivated by the completion factor moreso than race finishing results; at least for now.

The biggest driver though, was that I am always wanted to drive Road America (my local home track) and GT doesn't have it. I got Automobilista2 installed over the holidays and while I don't know what I am doing with it yet, I was able to jump onto Road America, pull out a modern Porsche 991 RSR GTE and drive the track. Oh, how glorious it was. That is such a good track and the sound and drive from the GTE car was fantastic. I also got Assetto Corsa installed so I may be exploring the PC world of racing for a bit.

I'll still lurk here and will still do GT7, just less so for the time being...

Last edited:
Not saying clean races don’t exist in dailies because I also experience plenty of them and that’s why I keep coming back. SR S is where I always want to live because it’s a minefield with anything less.

When GT7 started, for any contact you received a 2 second penalty.
People complained and it was softened for contact and the less sportsmanlike folks found they could pit you or just flat push you off with side contact and you get the penalty for hitting the wall etc.

Slight variations have been made along the way with damage etc being thrown in but the holes and exploits will always be found and unfortunately used by some.

Didn’t want to take it off topic and start a big debate but also wanted to answer your question. 😉
I’d forgotten that it was 2 seconds for any contact. Agree that’s better as now you only seem to get a penalty for forcing someone off track (but not, oddly, if you sideswipe them off).

Did two DTS races late last night. 5th and 6th in the 458, but the Mazda is definitely OP, which is a shame as I can’t drive it. It’s all understeer on the way into the corner and wheelspin on the way out!

Last edited:
Race C - good driving! Almost all fords in the A/A+ lobbies with a few driving the peugot vgt. Pit required, so I didn't bother saving fuel, you only need a small amount. Maybe if you are in a slipstream for the entire race, you won't need it, but that was not me. No tire change necessary.

I found a good use for the no-refuel stop. I was bumped from 6th to 12th during the first lap shenanigans, so went for an early stop to get clear air. Skipping the fueling gives you a good chance of jumping ahead of any other early stoppers. The later fuel saving did make it feel a bit dicey staying ahead of the cars behind, but it worked in this case.

The game servers seem to have a few hickups today, in Daily Race A one car remained stationary (and not ghosted) on the grid but finished with +16 seconds and no extra laps.

In Daily Race B one race started at the first chicane. The car parade before countdown started at the same spot as usual but was a lot faster, looked funny

gt7-race-b.jpg

Last edited:
The game servers seem to have a few hickups today, in Daily Race A one car remained stationary (and not ghosted) on the grid but finished with +16 seconds and no extra laps.
Same sort of thing here, one of the Daytona races this morning 6th on the grid didn't move with the pack, so we all continued around the whole lap slowly waiting for the start. Only when we finally got back to the start line did it actually start.

Agree, the speed difference is ridiculous!
The Mazda is super OP if driven well, but I genuinely don't think a lot of people can feel or understand the torque steer at least in the lower lobbies.

The more corner noise it's making the slower you are going is how I think about it.

But it feels at the moment that the car is not only the QT but race meta this week as well. I'm usually in the 650 but the Mazda gets me in to the 1:45's

It's ironic that some weeks all of the daily races are essentially one make races.

It's ironic that some weeks all of the daily races are essentially one make races.
Sadly your 'ironic' registers as my 'aggravating' in this instance.😁

To be clear, I have nothing against the Mazda specifically. My disdain is MUCH broader in that it covers ALL FF cars. I might poke at Daytona with the Porsche, pointless as that may be, but I'm on a pretty good streak with staying in the 911. If I can at least maintain my race position I guess I'll be happy...DFL should be pretty easy to hold down, we'll see tho.🤣

:cheers:

I'm already tired of the **** BoP in Gr.3.
After good races at Suzuka last week, here's another boring race where 14 out of 16 players use overpowered Ford GT.
One does not even enjoy it when almost the entire starting field uses the same car. In the Gr.3 category there are over 40 different cars from 25 manufacturers, but the most used are the Supra, Ford GT, Genesis,... all overpowered cars.
I do not understand that.

Last edited:
The Mazda is super OP if driven well, but I genuinely don't think a lot of people can feel or understand the torque steer at least in the lower lobbies.

The more corner noise it's making the slower you are going is how I think about it.

But it feels at the moment that the car is not only the QT but race meta this week as well. I'm usually in the 650 but the Mazda gets me in to the 1:45's

This morning a 650 had the fastest time in the world, followed by a million Mazdas!

Agree, it’s hard to deal with the understeer and wheelspin. But in the B/S lobbies I’ve been there were enough drivers who could get the speed out of it, and they’d just drive away from me on the straights, even when I was in their slipstream.

PS remember the GTS days when the Audi Gr4 FF was the meta, then early GT7 when the Alfa 155 was OP in Gr4. Why does PD do BoP so badly?

Last edited:
Ahhhh... Did 1 race tonight at Dragon Trail, started on pole with a 1:46:5 and had someone from TCR behind me, who was a great racer! Was on my bumper from the start and we had some close defend/ overtake attempts (all clean both sides, space allowed each time) but he eventually passed me at the end of lap 2. Was a great overtake to be honest. He won by a mile and well-deserved!

Unfortunately, P3 also took advantage as I lost the lead (had to slow down to give up P1 as TCR dude had the apex/ line going in) but it got worse as he suddenly lag-jumped right in front of me and we crashed, hard... Every single car passed by and at least I ended up facing the right way but he was facing the wrong side, so I let him turn and pass me before getting on with it.

We overtook 4 cars each on the final lap, so not too upset for bagging a P12 finish when I was dead last with 2 mins left. Until tomorrow I guess. This week both B and C look very interesting!

1704744641952.jpeg

Last edited:
Went out and did a couple of races in the Ford GT Cup at Daytona last night. I honestly don't mind it being OP this week as I usually hate the races where it's the META so haven't driven it a lot.

But that being said, for a META car it's astounding the number of people who don't know how to drive the thing. Until there's a gap there is always some porridge brain sending it late and deep in a hairpin in a no hope chance at a pass that just ends up wiping someone out. That and 2 wide into the chicane. The number of accidents I benefited from by backing away from people then driving through the carnage afterwards was very high. That and stalling my turn in on the second horseshoe to watch a GT sail by at way too high a speed to have ever made the turn. Then I continue on my merry way.

While I feel all the Gr3 and Gr4 is turning GT7 into a poor man's ACC I'm going to enjoy Daytona this week and maybe test the waters in race A a little too.

PD please bring back more variety and let Gr3 and Gr4 rest for a while. You have so many more cars available

This morning a 650 had the fastest time in the world, followed by a million Mazdas!

Agree, it’s hard to deal with the understeer and wheelspin. But in the B/S lobbies I’ve been there were enough drivers who could get the speed out of it, and they’d just drive away from me on the straights, even when I was in their slipstream.

PS remember the GTS days when the Audi Gr4 FF was the meta, then early GT7 when the Alfa 155 was OP in Gr4. Why does PD do BoP so badly?

The 650 is fast but when you watch how Spenz drives it....that's not race pace because it's so knife edge.

The Mazda is easy, just wait on the power and use 3rd or forth keeping the wheel as straight or opening as possible.

The 155 got nerfed pretty quickly, marketing and brand placement is holding the Mazda higher than it should be if I'm being candid.

Haven't done any Cs yet, maybe tonight... if not then definitely tomorrow. I did get a chance to run some qual laps, 44.1 thus far so hopefully that has me starting top five.

Regarding the Manufacturers Cup, my points from Saturday hasn't been updated yet. That seems like it should've already been done. Should I be worried?🤣

Regarding the Manufacturers Cup, my points from Saturday hasn't been updated yet. That seems like it should've already been done. Should I be worried?🤣
1) Yes, they should've shown up by now
2) Remember, you only get the points from your last race regardless of how many you ran. Did you quit out of your last race by any chance (that would net you zero points)?
3)

Last edited:
1) Yes, they should've shown up by now
2) Remember, you only get the points from your last race regardless of how many you ran. Did you quit out of your last race by any chance (that would net you zero points)?
3)

Thank you Talon! You know what I did quit the last Race because I thought I had 96pts in the bag for Rd.3. Man that sucks lol... So if I have a good Race in those with a bunch of points then I shouldn't run another in that Rd?

Thank you Talon! You know what I did quit the last Race because I thought I had 96pts in the bag for Rd.3. Man that sucks lol... So if I have a good Race in those with a bunch of points then I shouldn't run another in that Rd?
This of it like blackjack, do you stick with that score or twist for another.

It helps stop people with more time just running slots for practice and bagging a top score through sheer time on track.

Back