GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,064 comments
This of it like blackjack, do you stick with that score or twist for another.

It helps stop people with more time just running slots for practice and bagging a top score through sheer time on track.
Ok I gotcha, is it too late to Double Down!?🤣 I just thought it was the best score per Rd not your last posted score. I totally get that way of doing it though too. I grinded like that last Wed to get to harder lobbies then got 126. Saturday I had 96 but then the lobbies got easier & the Points weren't as generous. The best lessons are the ones the hit the hardest. Thank you guys GL

Ok I gotcha, is it too late to Double Down!?🤣 I just thought it was the best score per Rd not your last posted score. I totally get that way of doing it though too. I grinded like that last Wed to get to harder lobbies then got 126. Saturday I had 96 but then the lobbies got easier & the Points weren't as generous. The best lessons are the ones the hit the hardest. Thank you guys GL
Yea, it's like Mercia said... if you think you can do better than go another round. But if you're happy with the points you earned, best to leave well enough alone. You never know and a lot of it is out of your hands. You can place P3 in your first race for 150 points, want to go again thinking you can get more points, and the next lobby P1 is worth 140 so you're guaranteed to lose out. Or, maybe the next round is worth 170 points. You just never know so it's a bit of a gamble.

The good news is, only two rounds count (as of what PD is saying now anyway) so hopefully it wasn't too much of a loss for you.

Welcome to the forum. If you have any other questions or just want to talk about the GTWS races, head over to the GTWS thread!

Back to our regularly scheduled Daily Races discussion.

Last edited:
Last week at Suzuka, if you strayed off the track a tiny amount, you lost your CRB.

This week, at DTS, I hit the wall at the CoD twice (!), and this was my result:

1704759502297.png

Go figure.

By the way, when I hit the wall twice at the CoD, this is the part I hit (both times):

1704759387203.png

Talk about stupidity!

Oh, and if you haven't tried the Citroen, you really should. I think it's awesome on this track. Of course, I'm just a high B / low A, but it's working well for me right now.

1704759974593.png

Yeah Daytona this week! Since the popular choice is the Ford GT, I went with that. But I picked the GT3 version instead of the LM Race Car Spec II, so I did a few laps to get re-antiquated with the track. I make the switch to the META and am immediately quicker in it. I get my time down to a 1:45.5XX with an optimal of 1:44.9XX during my practice session. I need to get my lines tighter in the infield section of the track as I know I'm losing a bunch of time there. And the Bus Stop of course is always an adventure. I can't wait to get some races in tommorrow.

Did some more DTS today in the 458. Usually top 5 w/QT of 1:47.3. Race is me hanging on as the Mazdas swarm me, but so far have gained DR.

Tried the Mazda but am slower in it.

What BB should I be using in the Mazda? Do you use TC to stop the wheel spin on corner exit? Do you rev it out all the way? How do you reduce/manage the understeer?

What BB should I be using in the Mazda? Do you use TC to stop the wheel spin on corner exit? Do you rev it out all the way? How do you reduce/manage the understeer?
I managed ~1:46.5 in qualifying with the Mazda, with TC 0, default BB, automatic transmission. After corner apex I use 50-70% throttle (depending on corner speed) and then quickly ramp up to 100%. As for understeer, I guess I don't notice it a lot except for the first chicane, I feel like you just need to be more patient before going on throttle, maybe break and turn in a little earlier too than you might think.

Just got a qualification time of 1:04.0XX on Daily A.
Currently at ~360 on the leaderboard, it’s cool to see myself so high up there buts it’s the first day on the least popular board 😂
I reckon I’ll be dropping 1k positions a day from here.

Spent way too much time trying to avoid the Mazda 3 but when I finally started to give it some time, it was killing me on most passes through COD due to the curb bounce.

Watched Tidgney’s video and realized I wasn’t getting close enough 🫣
After just a few laps it felt way better and no bouncing into the left hand barrier any longer 😁

For anyone struggling with it , closer is definitely smoother and faster.

IMG_6410.jpeg

IMG_6409.jpeg

Last edited:
I tried daily B but I don’t get on with group 4 currently, so I’m gonna skip that.

If I’m going to do any race, this week is going to be C. I love the Ford GT LM and Daytona road course, but for this one I’m in the Peugeot VGT. I remember last time at Daytona those Peugeots put me under a lot of pressure.

Got myself a 1:45.574. Might be able to get into the 44s if I work it more…

image.jpg

Last edited:
The Mazda is super OP if driven well, but I genuinely don't think a lot of people can feel or understand the torque steer at least in the lower lobbies.

The more corner noise it's making the slower you are going is how I think about it.

But it feels at the moment that the car is not only the QT but race meta this week as well. I'm usually in the 650 but the Mazda gets me in to the 1:45's

It's ironic that some weeks all of the daily races are essentially one make races.
This is true, but I do feel the Gr.4 is so damn close now. In fact, once the Mazda is sorted then I feel a whole slew of cars are viable. Same with Gr.3 (generally speaking), the balance is much better than it has historically been.

I have been away from the game for a little while over the holiday period. Gr 3 at Daytona is a combo that I have been good at in the past. Qualified 4th and even though I braked late at turn 1 lap 1, I was smashed off track. And the same thing happened later in the lap again. There was nothing I could do to avoid either, as was smashed from behind both times. Finished near the back.

Was I just unlucky, or is racing terribly dirty this week? A/S rating.

Last edited:
This is true, but I do feel the Gr.4 is so damn close now. In fact, once the Mazda is sorted then I feel a whole slew of cars are viable. Same with Gr.3 (generally speaking), the balance is much better than it has historically been.
I was gonna whine about one car being dominant over all others at some tracks but, you do make a good point. There are exceptions that are just blatantly bad/obvious (Mazda and Ford for this round) but this happens IRL, too. Pick a year/era and a motorsport and I'm pretty sure you'll find a singular dominant car/manufacturer for that same period. You'll probably also be able to correlate a rules change to balance that the following year.

I think we deal with the same thing in this space, with two BIG differences:
  • It all happens much faster (rotations)
  • We're way less tolerant and VERY vocal thanks to the safety zone our keyboards afford
Doesn't change the fact that the singular instances we face are ridiculous, but does explain/rationalize their existence. The slightly dirtier part is the manufacturers pull on the game developers combined the developers will/need to play nice so they can continue to develop exist...buuuuut, pretty sure that holds true in IRL, too.

@Dep Fishtail thanks for the 'list racing' last night. We kept goin' back and forth but I finally had to throw in the towel...it was after midnight and I gots work, lol. Pretty sure I saw when you had your 'A-HA' moment with the CoD, too. Was chasing you and @GrumpyOldMan through the 47's...but then you crushed my hopes and landed a '46.8xx. Time for bed.🤣

:cheers:

PS - I got 46's in me...you ain't outta the woods yet.😁

Time for practice. Yesterday, Mazda3 and 47.8, but the distance was short, about 10 laps. I'd like to try with the 458, but I feel that the Mazda in my hands still has maybe 0.3, maybe even 0.5.

Not sure what happened here keeping this car stuck on track but my friend beside me did not catch on in time :lol:

Almost put me off the lap I couldn't help laughing.

This is why we don't tailgate.😁

Feel bad for 'em though. Probably scared a good two or more years off their life. Likely running bumper cam and had ZERO CLUE that car was there...until it was there. You can almost hear them scream.

But why the hell was that near stationary car not ghosted???? Shame on the driver and all but this game ghosts stuff almost instantaneously (thinking of Spa in the rain recently), how does that happen?🙃

IMG_20240109_154132_HDR.jpg

On the track, there were Ferrari, McLaren, and 155, but none managed to beat the Mazda's record. Somewhere near low 1.48. I returned to the Mazda, immediately hitting 1.47.5. After a few laps, I clocked 46.8. I still feel the potential for more.

EDIT

I took this opportunity to the maximum. PP and 14 seconds at the finish line. I hope for category B soon.

And then we'll think further.

Attachments

• IMG_20240109_155950_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240109_155950_HDR.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@TechnoIsLove Can you share your Q lap at DTS in the Citroen? I'd appreciate it. And even if you didn't save your absolutely fastest lap, something faster than my 1:47.249 would be nice.

Thanks!
Hey

My overall fastest is with the 650S (1:46:4) and it's the only one I have saved. Just uploaded it now. Will try and beat the time in the CGT and see how it goes :)

Managed my first ever (GT7) Pole and Race Win at Daytona (DR B lobby but still)!

Definitely left time on the table but @Tidgney ‘s guide really helped a lot especially the tight entries on the infield corners (Thanks!). Not sure if I can ever get close to 1:43’s though - advice on my lap is welcomed!

This track probably highlights the difference between a controller and a wheel - much more consistency over the bus stop chicane and no longer need to endlessly clicking the “left” direction button on the oval section and that wasn’t funny for a lap let alone 10 🤪

Last edited:
@Dep Fishtail thanks for the 'list racing' last night. We kept goin' back and forth but I finally had to throw in the towel...it was after midnight and I gots work, lol. Pretty sure I saw when you had your 'A-HA' moment with the CoD, too. Was chasing you and @GrumpyOldMan through the 47's...but then you crushed my hopes and landed a '46.8xx. Time for bed.🤣

PS - I got 46's in me...you ain't outta the woods yet.😁
Man I was chasseing Mr Fishtail myself, I was at 1:48 and had just hit 1:47.7 and thought for sure I had him, but like you I found he went to a higher ground. lol

Man I was chasseing Mr Fishtail myself, I was at 1:48 and had just hit 1:47.7 and thought for sure I had him, but like you I found he went to a higher ground. lol
I guess calling him "Mr Tail" could be misconstrued, eh? I digress...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one chasing...and then walking away disappointed. Misery does love some company, after all.🤣🤣🤣

Do you mean close apart from the Mazda? Because it’s clearly OP at DTS this week. It just drives away from the other cars on the straights even if they are in its slip (with the possible exception of the 650S?).

Mellow is right that historically there were dominant racing cars and then the rules changed.

The difference in modern GT racing is that BoP is constantly balancing the cars (with restrictors and ballast) in between races. This is what PD is supposed to be doing, but doesn’t seem to be (I realize balancing has to wait for updates).

Ps I could understand if one Gr3 or 4 car was dominant at a track which suited it, but another was better at the next track. But w/PD we seem have cars - the Genesis Gr3 and the Mazda - w/are OP race after race.

Do you mean close apart from the Mazda? Because it’s clearly OP at DTS this week. It just drives away from the other cars on the straights even if they are in its slip (with the possible exception of the 650S?).
For me (a high B/low A) it hasn't really been an issue so far. Sure, the Mazda is faster on the straights, but I've been managing to hold my own. However I'm sure in a race with A/A+ drivers, it can seriously cause issues.
The difference in modern GT racing is that BoP is constantly balancing the cars (with restrictors and ballast) in between races. This is what PD is supposed to be doing, but doesn’t seem to be (I realize balancing has to wait for updates).
When they brought out the new car (the Mazda3), it wasn't balanced right (obviously). They usually release an update that fixes the issue, and I'm sure they will with this - I suspect the holidays interfered with this. If they don't fix it in the next update, I'll be really surprised.

I think folks misunderstand the concept of BoP a little… it’s not that every car is equal on every track all the time (although PD do have the power to create that), but rather if you lap all the cars over a bunch of tracks, the net total time should be broadly equal. The complexity compounds when tire wear and fuel consumption are mixed in together, such that race pace is also equal and not just one lap pace.

What skews the perception is that the daily races are actually weekly and only on one track, so folks pick the car that’s best for that track that week and then typically change cars to suit next weeks track. In the real world, race teams don’t get to change cars, and so if the governing body in a race series have done their job, then BoP over a season should average out.

However, and it’s a big however, that governing body (PD in our case), has to want it to be even, and clearly that’s not always the case for reasons that others have discussed above (I’m talking to you, Mazda 3).

PD could, if they so desired, create a BoP by track to get around this (ballast or power restriction would get the job done), but I don’t think that that’s how they’ve applied it, so we end up with car specific tracks in some instances… last week at Suzuka there were lots of different cars in with a shout, Trial Mountain or Daytona will always favor the Ford GT until PD does something different.

Just my 2 cents…

Last edited:
Just to add to what @Carlos Fandango said....

It all has a lot to do with game ability and raw speed.

I'm a B driver that flits between B & A but my QT this week is very much in the A lobby levels but my DR is currently B so in reality I could be competitive in a lot of B lobbies in quite a few of the cars, just based on position and pace for this combo.

B is a very huge spread of ability as it's the largest group of semi/competitive players so it can spread massively buy several seconds from pole to last qualified player.

In the A and A+ lobbies naturally a much smaller pool of players in each locale and they are typically much tighter QT and typically a hell of a lot faster. Their lap times are nearly or beat my balls to the wall banzai best.....

For me (a high B/low A) it hasn't really been an issue so far. Sure, the Mazda is faster on the straights, but I've been managing to hold my own. However I'm sure in a race with A/A+ drivers, it can seriously cause issues.

When they brought out the new car (the Mazda3), it wasn't balanced right (obviously). They usually release an update that fixes the issue, and I'm sure they will with this - I suspect the holidays interfered with this. If they don't fix it in the next update, I'll be really surprised.
I understand the sentiment but the Mazda3 was released in this state in September, not in the holidays. It hasn't been changed for a quarter of a year at this point.

Back