GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,066 comments
I understand the sentiment but the Mazda3 was released in this state in September, not in the holidays. It hasn't been changed for a quarter of a year at this point.
I suspect it's a two fold thing. Those that can drive round the torque steer (short shifting or just opening the wheels out) and those that struggle with it. In the data of player performance I'd imagine it has mixed results.

But if you know how to drive it, it's a bit of a weapon to be honest. Way more than the silva, 155 for example which got nerfed very quickly in comparison

Hi everyone, I’m new here and figured id ask for help fixing an issue with GT7 I’m currently having. This is just going to be a copy/paste from a Reddit user but it perfectly describes what I’m dealing with.. even though I’ve had the issue for a week straight now and it’s practically every race I enter online.

“Hi all, last week I noticed a glitch where I had a ghost race (alone against other racers). The cars remained on the dummy grid and I lapped them each lap.

Now this week, two days in a row, each online daily race (6 races in total) loads to the pre-grid and scans through the cars and then suddenly my car leaves its position on auto-drive and passes everyone. I start the race as normal, in first place and entirely alone on track for the full race. At the chequered flag, my overall time ranks me in the correct position according to the racers - but I don't race anyone at all.

My internet is stable, wired connection with good speed and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the issue still happening.”

If anyone has any solutions it’d be much appreciated!

Meanwhile, 1.46.6 on Seaside.

By Mazda Three.
IMG_0081.jpeg

There is a lot of time on the table bud ;) go get it!

For me (a high B/low A) it hasn't really been an issue so far. Sure, the Mazda is faster on the straights, but I've been managing to hold my own. However I'm sure in a race with A/A+ drivers, it can seriously cause issues.

When they brought out the new car (the Mazda3), it wasn't balanced right (obviously). They usually release an update that fixes the issue, and I'm sure they will with this - I suspect the holidays interfered with this. If they don't fix it in the next update, I'll be really surprised.
Fair point. I’m a mid-B and can stay with the Mazdas in the downhill esses (if I get them right), and in the first few turns. But not sure that compensates for their advantage on the straights.

I’m sticking with the 458 b/c I like the challenge and I can’t drive the Mazda faster, but I’m definitely losing 2-3 places just on acceleration and top end.

Let’s hope the Mazda gets balanced!

To @Carlos Fandango point re BoP balancing out over a season - yes and no. My understanding is that in modern GT3 racing BoP is applied from race to race if the officials think it necessary. But even if that wasn’t the case, PD is not off the hook as the Mazda (and other cars w/have been OP) are faster on all or almost all tracks. And as someone pointed out above, they’ve had a good part of a year to balance the Mazda but haven’t done so.

(Didn’t quote tweet Carlos as I didn’t want to get my posts merged for posting twice in succession!).

Last edited:
I feel like it's not the end yet, but I won't shave off much more. Maybe 46.1, maybe 46.0. We'll see. There are places I'm constantly working on, like the last turn and the exit from the hairpin before CoD.
You just need to really think about what the car is doing with the front LSD, take forth in QT out of the first up hill chicane, use third and wait until you are unwinding the steering before putting the power down.

You'll more than easily drop that time. It's a technical car to drive quick. The 650 is technical in short shifting the Mazda is all about putting the torque down smoothly.

You just need to really think about what the car is doing with the front LSD, take forth in QT out of the first up hill chicane, use third and wait until you are unwinding the steering before putting the power down.

You'll more than easily drop that time. It's a technical car to drive quick. The 650 is technical in short shifting the Mazda is all about putting the torque down smoothly.
There's something to what you're saying. It's easier for me to exit turns with this car than to initiate them. Paradoxically, I have TCS at 0. On braking, I let the brakes do the work, downshift later, and with longer time intervals, so engine braking doesn't disrupt the natural foot braking process. But the car has significant potential, and as someone mentioned here earlier, it's probably not entirely well-balanced compared to other cars in this category. Surely, this will change in the future.

To @Carlos Fandango point re BoP balancing out over a season - yes and no. My understanding is that in modern GT3 racing BoP is applied from race to race if the officials think it necessary. But even if that wasn’t the case, PD is not off the hook as the Mazda (and other cars w/have been OP) are faster on all or almost all tracks. And as someone pointed out above, they’ve had a good part of a year to balance the Mazda but haven’t done so.

(Didn’t quote tweet Carlos as I didn’t want to get my posts merged for posting twice in succession!).
Not quite, in touring cars you are reverse bop'd in that in a multi race weekend either you are position shuffled or ballasted.

In GT3 they will tweak the ECU and/or ballast. They don't typically reverse grids.

But you have to remember in the real world with your life on the line and the repair bills if it goes wrong your decision making is more robust and safety first vs "send it" in a game. So while there are faster cars the reality is the humans not the cars, it changes a bit in endurance racing where consistent time is more important than track position.

In formula racing it's season rules apply.

At a club racing level, may the best team/car win

This is why we have the Multiquote feature... You can quote any number of posts, or sections of posts, and reply to them in one single post.

There's something to what you're saying. It's easier for me to exit turns with this car than to initiate them. Paradoxically, I have TCS at 0. On braking, I let the brakes do the work, downshift later, and with longer time intervals, so engine braking doesn't disrupt the natural foot braking process. But the car has significant potential, and as someone mentioned here earlier, it's probably not entirely well-balanced compared to other cars in this category. Surely, this will change in the future.
You are braking to late and not trail braking enough.

You don't need to trail brake but you have to be patient and coast more on entry.

As you get quicker you need to be be balancing the turn in a little better so there is less transition from braking to acceleration.

The Mazda will understeer horrifically if you are the last of the late breakers, focus really clean lines and judging when to hit the power.

You are braking to late and not trail braking enough.

You don't need to trail brake but you have to be patient and coast more on entry.

As you get quicker you need to be be balancing the turn in a little better so there is less transition from braking to acceleration.

The Mazda will understeer horrifically if you are the last of the late breakers, focus really clean lines and judging when to hit the power.
I will use this information in the next session.

Thank You.

I was testing out the Huracán during Q laps at DTS, and forgot to change before I started a race. I was OK until the CoD - I don't think the Huracán fits between those walls. :lol:
I'm a B driver
cough bullpuckey cough I know that's where your DR is, but your QTs are almost always in the upper-A level.
When it rains - it POURS!
LOL, I feel you. The only thing I would have done differently is back off those two idiots who were obviously going to wreck each other. I don't know if it would have helped, but more reaction time is a good thing. Even if the guys behind take exception to your slowing down, I still would have slowed down a little. And, of course, my racing craft is superior to yours so you should absolutely listen to me! (Sarcasm, obviously)

Spent way too much time trying to avoid the Mazda 3 but when I finally started to give it some time, it was killing me on most passes through COD due to the curb bounce.

Watched Tidgney’s video and realized I wasn’t getting close enough 🫣
After just a few laps it felt way better and no bouncing into the left hand barrier any longer 😁

For anyone struggling with it , closer is definitely smoother and faster.
I kept meaning to thank you for this, but I kept forgetting. This has really helped me.

Did a couple Daytonas today on the primary account. First race started in P1 but ended in P3 after a track limits pen coming out of the bus-stop and that was all she wrote. Actually won the second race, so that's cool.

4cbf3a05d591216db7176d23195466fb_photo.webp

Then the third one I was in P3 on like lap four and the screen just went black. No warning, no errors... just a black screen. I thought my TV had died. A few seconds later I was at the Daily Race screen. When something like that happens I wonder if I am the only one that got dropped or did the whole lobby just crash? Do you still lose DR & SR if everyone got booted? That's the first time that's happened to me. Sure, I've gotten the CE-XXX error but never just a black screen. Anyone else gotten that?

Last edited:
I was looking forward to tonight races all day as the Daytona Road Course is one of my favorite tracks. I got my qualifying time down to a 1:44.502 which is a few hundredths quicker than yesterday so I'll take it.

My first race has me on pole! I forget that my tires are cold and have a rough first lap. On top of that I forget to fuel save, but that wasn't a problem in the end. I also managed to clip the pit wall in turn 1 as I cut it too close. I lost a few spots for that. I pit at the end of lap 5 and do a quick splash of fuel to get to 60% full. I then run by myself as the field was really spread out until the end and finish P4.

My second and final race put me in P3 to start. I remember my tires are cold and take it easy, and I remember to fuel save this time. I used the same pit strategy as last time as that worked well. Nothing exciting in this one as the field spread out again. I try and make a move by passing on the inside of turn 1 on lap 8 or so, but I make contact and give the spot back after the International Horseshoe. After that the driver I let by and the next car are having it out and trying to run each other off the track. I push too hard to catch up and make to many mistakes to do so. I finish P5 when it's all done.

A nice start to my racing this week despite my smaller mistakes that cost me some spots. I still need to get used the the Ford GT as I don't have much experience with it. That will come with more laps with the car and I should be all set by the end of the week.

This is why we have the Multiquote feature... You can quote any number of posts, or sections of posts, and reply to them in one single post.
But why require that we do that if the posts we want to quote tweet are on unrelated subjects and we read and responded to the second after some time has passed?

For example, I now want to reply to someone about BoP. Presumably if I did that in a separate post I’d be contravening forum rules, but this post has nothing to do with BoP.

Last edited:
But why require that we do that if the posts you want to quote tweet are on unrelated subjects and separated by some time?
Why does what you're quoting matter if you're the one doing the quoting?

Don't make multiple successive posts. Instead use the multiquote feature to quote multiple posts or sections of posts in one single response; it's not that deep a requirement, it's a tool provided for the job, and it ensures that the tagging system works as intended.

Why does what you're quoting matter if you're the one doing the quoting?

Don't make multiple successive posts. Instead use the multiquote feature to quote multiple posts or sections of posts in one single response; it's not that deep a requirement, it's a tool provided for the job, and it ensures that the tagging system works as intended.
Because I don’t see why unrelated topics should be in the same post (as in the example I gave), especially when it’s only required to join them when you are posting the second at some unspecified time after the first.

Seems arbitrary to require me to join quote tweets together if I’m posting one after the other, but not if I reply to the second later (again, it’s unclear how much later).

If these are the rules, I’ll abide by them. Just registering my confusion.

Just for reference, this isn't Twitter (neither, admittedly, is Twitter any more). They're just messages, not Tweets.
Seems arbitrary to require me to join quote tweets together if I’m posting one after the other, but not if I reply to the second later (again, it’s unclear how much later).
There's nothing arbitrary about it: it's because we don't want people making multiple successive posts. It doesn't matter where, when, or how many posts you're quoting, because you're making your post, not other people's posts.

Again, there's literally a built-in, one-click tool for doing this so that it never has to be an issue.

I'm sorry for your loss. It gets easier but you still miss them. Christmas was not the same without our nerotic, half dog/half teddy bear, bundle of fluff getting excited for his presents and opening his own (it was always amazing how he knew which were his versus the others). We also have a cat, Neko, which is Japanese for cat as he actually came from Japan as a rescue brought back by a serviceman stationed over there. He's really sweet and a loving cat and while I am more dog person, he has really warmed me up to cats.

Back to racing. I think I made a decision to step away from the sport side of GT7 for a bit. I'm been racing it incessently for a year and I may be getting a bit burned out on it. I did no more races since Wednesday even though Suzuka was treating me well as I had this subconscious fear that I would then start to drop spots/DR and I would end the week dissappointed and I didn't want that. Instead, I went back to single player, particularly on my GB account, to complete more of that. I realized that was kind of fun and I am motivated by the completion factor moreso than race finishing results; at least for now.

The biggest driver though, was that I am always wanted to drive Road America (my local home track) and GT doesn't have it. I got Automobilista2 installed over the holidays and while I don't know what I am doing with it yet, I was able to jump onto Road America, pull out a modern Porsche 991 RSR GTE and drive the track. Oh, how glorious it was. That is such a good track and the sound and drive from the GTE car was fantastic. I also got Assetto Corsa installed so I may be exploring the PC world of racing for a bit.

I'll still lurk here and will still do GT7, just less so for the time being...
Thank you. Means a lot.
Totally hear you, i was also getting burned out on the Sport side of GT7 besides the GTWS. Awesome that you were able to play AM2 though, especially on Road America. Agreed, PD absolutely need to bring that and Sebring into the game. I always did races on RA on Project Cars 2, fantastic track. We can only hope! Can't wait to introduce my Dutch friends to some more North American tracks.

Man I was chasseing Mr Fishtail myself, I was at 1:48 and had just hit 1:47.7 and thought for sure I had him, but like you I found he went to a higher ground. lol

Haha. I was really struggling right up until it kinda clicked which really was right after watching how Tidgney shared to exit COD.
Great fun with everyone trying just a little harder to improve and we help each other to find new limits 🍻

I guess calling him "Mr Tail" could be misconstrued, eh? I digress...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one chasing...and then walking away disappointed. Misery

lol.
Fishface was a good pretty good one the last time you didn’t smoke me right away.
You had tonight to catch up on dailies qt bc had to work too late and need to take a couple laps to refresh for the final round of Manu tomorrow evening.

Hopefully get some dailies in after the Manu race 😁

I kept meaning to thank you for this, but I kept forgetting. This has really helped me.

Glad to hear it. It made such a difference for me that I wanted to make sure others in the community could benefit from this approach too!

Then the third one I was in P3 on like lap four and the screen just went black. Warning, no errors... just a black screen. I thought my TV had died. A few seconds later I was at the Daily Race screen. When something like that happens I wonder if I am the only one that got dropped or did the whole lobby just crash? Do you still lose DR & SR if everyone got booted? That's the first time that's happened to me. Sure, I've gotten the CE-XXX error but never just a black screen. Anyone else gotten that?
Thats the race I was in with you right Talon? We were having a good battle for the first couple laps. Then same for me... black screen session ended or something. I was wondering the same thing about DR... but if everyone got droppedd I assume its just like it never happened. Tried to send you a message after the race.. but privacy settings wouldnt let me...

Was a good start to a race! I only had time for one race and was bummed... But it was storming on east coast.. wonder if something in the network got knocked out?

Thats the race I was in with you right Talon? We were having a good battle for the first couple laps. Then same for me... black screen session ended or something. I was wondering the same thing about DR... but if everyone got droppedd I assume its just like it never happened. Tried to send you a message after the race.. but privacy settings wouldnt let me...

Was a good start to a race! I only had time for one race and was bummed... But it was storming on east coast.. wonder if something in the network got knocked out?
Yessir! Since it happened to you too, I assume it was something on Sony's end...?

Cant believe I flubbed the bus-stop like that on lap one haha. I just started daydreaming there on that straight and totally missed the braking point. Bummed the lobby died as that was shaping up to be a fun race and I think it was going to come down to the wire for the win between you, me, and that Peugeot. Hopefully we'll meet again at some point this week. :cheers:

Back