GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,407 comments
Anybody getting errors when you try to message in the post-race chat? Trying to respond to a guy and I can't send anything? Happened yesterday, then seemed ok, but fails again today..

Had a couple of horrible races at WG then a couple of absolutely brilliant ones - 3rd to 1st on last lap then I made a tiny error and finished 3rd - happy with 3rd though after such a good race.

Anybody getting errors when you try to message in the post-race chat? Trying to respond to a guy and I can't send anything? Happened yesterday, then seemed ok, but fails again today..

Had a couple of horrible races at WG then a couple of absolutely brilliant ones - 3rd to 1st on last lap then I made a tiny error and finished 3rd - happy with 3rd though after such a good race.

Yes, just wanted to say good race, let's race again.

Edit:

I feel a little better and less drunk. DR on the cusp or A, SR back to S

8 races, 6w 1t10 1p12 also one quit...

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Really interesting that when you view a replay you can see what assists people are using. I was pretty surprised that no one was using manual transmission in my A lobbies (if that info is correct).

Ah you have to Becareful as there is a bug with replays that it shows AT even though they are MT.

You can tell by the shifting if it's AT or Manual.

I'd be very surprised if a lot of A drivers use AT...

Edit: @Celico make the video public again, honestly I was just drunk and sensitive to it. It's all good bud. It is a good example of how things get complicated and genuine accidents happen ❤️

Last edited:
Yup. I’ve had my best racing at 7 AM on weekdays for whatever reason. And I got into one very high end lobby on a Tuesday evening that was amazing, but that was totally random.

I think maybe find a time that works for you, get to know some of the people there, and then see when else they are racing to try to get grouped with them more often. It’s all totally random, but you can at least tilt things in your favor.

I had a good run where I thought I’d figured out when @GrumpyOldMan was racing, but I think that was just a fluke. But if you find people you like racing with, definitely greet them before the race. Not only does it create some community, it may also help you out by creating allies who might help enforce some of the bad drivers.

For example, I had a day early on in my driving career where @Talon16 drove around with me at the back of the field showing me some tricks and punting indoors who were giving me grief! He took a hit to his rating just to help me out. It may have been the best day of driving I ever had, and I wish race days could be more like that. Coincidentally, it was at the Nurburgring track that we have next week, and probably the same car and pit (lack of) strategy as that race.
Thanks for the tips! I’ll try that. I’ve actually raced with @GrumpyOldMan before. It was a weekday afternoon, and I remember it was some good racing. Several people in those races were very good.

I’m not the best, only a B (very close to A), but I try to race clean. I don’t mind accidental bumping and stuff, but the people who do it on purpose drive me crazy. I definitely enjoy playing with clean racers better, even though they’re usually a lot faster than me.

Don't they end up being to god damn fast so you can't even see yourself on your own leaderboard! 🤣
This is the absolute truth! I unfriended @AdxRE because he was at the top way out of my reach, but mostly because I couldn't remember who he was. Then I saw a post from him here and went "Oh yeah, I remember now", logged into my PS5 and saw a friend request from him, so he's back at the top of my leaderboard. Bastard. :lol:

This is the absolute truth! I unfriended @AdxRE because he was at the top way out of my reach, but mostly because I couldn't remember who he was. Then I saw a post from him here and went "Oh yeah, I remember now", logged into my PS5 and saw a friend request from him, so he's back at the top of my leaderboard. Bastard. :lol:

Grumpy, I have @AdxRE on my leaderboard, plus BOTH of KarHal's accounts......and some fast RTR guys.

Then you, Barney, @TechnoIsLove , norm

The pace is ferocious! Not even sweaty just a mix of humbling and must do better!

Been a weird, fun week 🙂 Did around 10 races at Watkins Glen and aside from 2 wipeouts, the majority have been great!

Starting on average P12 as my time was nowhere near as good as I wanted it to be, the races brought me success and joy 🥳

At minimum, finish 4 places ahead of starting, most times it was 5 or 6 and the one race with 9 positions gained (below) so I'm pleased.

Managed a P2 once, P3 twice and 4 top 5's total so DR went up a decent amount, especially with 7/ 10 clean bonuses as well.

Anyone know starts tomorrow?

Last edited:
Races are weird today. I had only top 5 finishes but I am dropping in safety rating. I had one 0.5s penalty in all those races and I am down to 90% A and have no idea why. I don't fully understand that SR thingy yet.

I feel like when it comes to Sport Mode, I'm much more interested in the championships and online time trials, as I don't even remember the last time I did a daily race. But I'd definitely be willing to get back into the daily races if the payouts were correlated to your DR/SR, or perhaps related to the DR/SR of the field for that race.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! I’ll try that. I’ve actually raced with @GrumpyOldMan before. It was a weekday afternoon, and I remember it was some good racing. Several people in those races were very good.

I’m not the best, only a B (very close to A), but I try to race clean. I don’t mind accidental bumping and stuff, but the people who do it on purpose drive me crazy. I definitely enjoy playing with clean racers better, even though they’re usually a lot faster than me.
Send me a friend request. My PSN is Grand_Slammin.
Yah, he keeps killing my leaderboard too. Luckily most of the really good guys in these forums have no idea who I am so haven’t friended me!
Grumpy, I have @AdxRE on my leaderboard, plus BOTH of KarHal's accounts......and some fast RTR guys.

The pace is ferocious! Not even sweaty just a mix of humbling and must do better!
Are we friends? I can’t remember. If not, that needs to be corrected. In fact, if anyone else wants to friend me, I’m Grand_Slammin on PSN. And no, that not how I drive. It’s actually an ancient name arbitrarily suggested to me a many many years ago when Madden first went online and I figured a baseball term was as close as I could get to a good sports name (since all the football ones were taken).
I feel like when it comes to Sport Mode, I'm much more interested in the championships and online time trials, as I don't even remember the last time I did a daily race. But I'd definitely be willing to get back into the daily races if the payouts were correlated to your DR/SR, or perhaps related to the DR/SR of the field for that race.
Friend me. I think we all need to set up a lobby once or twice a month and run some real races with people we know.

As for Race B, I ran a few more this morning and had great lobbies and better luck! I got my first podium in over a year just by sheer dumb luck, but I’ll take it. I’m creeping halfway up the A rating again, which has been a long time coming.

I’m a bit bummed about next week’s races, because we’ve seen these all before. Boredom is more my enemy than bad drivers at this point . . .

Hahahahah yeah I was like “I swear I had GrumpyOldMan on my Leaderboard. Maybe I was just seeing things. Let me add him on PSN”. Turned out I wasn’t seeing things LOL

Yah, he keeps killing my leaderboard too. Luckily most of the really good guys in these forums have no idea who I am so haven’t friended me!

Let’s keep pushing among us all! Though gotta admit my race pace is nowhere near my QT which is something I needa work on.

Last edited:
Awesome weekend of racing at Watkins Glen. A mid 46 was good enough for starts in the upper half of the field in C.

Didn’t get a win, but a couple of P2s and P3s.

A couple of bad penalty calls aside it was mostly enjoyable.

Will never stop complaining about the things that don’t work, but:

GT7 + VR + my low budget sim rig = the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:
Haven’t done much racing this week, and what I have done has been losing DR at WG (mostly my own fault!).

My QT is 1:46.1 so ~3.2 off fastest time in world w/is normal for me. This has put me mid-pack in B/S lobbies. But what’s odd is that this is only a top 10,000th time in the world. Usually my 3 seconds off fastest QT is top 3,000th, maybe 5,000th.

Are the dailies getting more competitive?

Last edited:
If you are friends on PSN and similar rating you'll get matched.

I get matched a fair bit with friends and other peeps from GT planet.

I assume this is because we all race the same way and while huge B/A spreads we are probably at the safer end of mediocre quick.
I remember running in US on the turnover of daily races in GTS, there I almost always got Torun with friends.
In EMEA I think I have raced with friends a total of 8-10 times

Got my wheel 2 weeks ago and started racing daily’s. Just moved up to B, so now a BS.

Why when you’re about to move up do you go from racing CS’s to BC’s, when you’re a CS?

Took me ages to move up the last few points, as the BC’s were so dirty. Went from 4th to back of the grid, with people just punting me of the track.

They really need to punish these drivers more. If you get 2 collisions penalties for example you auto DNF the race and have to wait in the lobby until the race finishes.

Barely held on to DR A this week.

1707105691940.png

Almost all races had me starting in the back half of the pack. Had more penalties than I can remember. I kept track of my QT and rank for each race, which was kind of interesting.

1707105860972.png

Next week should be better (knock on wood) because it's back to Gr.4s in Daily Race B, and my love/hate relationship with the Mazda will still be in effect since they haven't nerfed it yet.

Hey y'all, well I had to cut my Sunday with gt7 and the racing at WG short because I had to go to the store and pick up some food and drinks. I did a total of 27 races at WG, 4 at DF and 10 on the snow track. If you want to know my honest opinion, I did not like the Lancia races, it's hard for me to control the car on the snow and if I get drowsy I tend to make more mistakes too. My DR went down some because I hit the wall three times in one of the races. Then in another one I accidentally hit someone which cost me 3 seconds of time, so my DR went down in that race. Overall it was a giant mess, so I stopped racing there Friday.

I am relieved that the A races will take place at BH-Indy, that should be easy, I hope I can get some wins in the bag this week.

Yes, I am looking forward to all the fun and action out there. I will just have to race when I'm alert and not drowsy. I learned my lesson from before so I should stick with it.

Oh god. I just did two quick B and C races. Deep Forest reverse is so awkward to drive I think I'll pass on that this week. And the heavy understeer in the Gr. 3 cars at the Nürburgring GP is killing me. I hope I can find some settings later this week to make this a more fun experience.

Oh god. I just did two quick B and C races. Deep Forest reverse is so awkward to drive I think I'll pass on that this week. And the heavy understeer in the Gr. 3 cars at the Nürburgring GP is killing me. I hope I can find some settings later this week to make this a more fun experience.
Don't give up on Deep Forest Reverse - last time we had it, I thought it was a blast. Just pretend it's a new course.

Got my wheel 2 weeks ago and started racing daily’s. Just moved up to B, so now a BS.

Why when you’re about to move up do you go from racing CS’s to BC’s, when you’re a CS?

Took me ages to move up the last few points, as the BC’s were so dirty. Went from 4th to back of the grid, with people just punting me of the track.

They really need to punish these drivers more. If you get 2 collisions penalties for example you auto DNF the race and have to wait in the lobby until the race finishes.
You're matched by SR first so this would have been at the bottom of the B barrel. It had some slots free and you're in the next pick being a D DR driver so would have been included. It's annoying but is rare also. Hopefully you'll find some better races soon.

Back