GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,408 comments
Nothing for me this week, but I managed to get one last race in on Watkins Glen this morning. Even though I was placed in a mostly B lobby I held my own as a C driver and went from P7 to P4.

Watkins Glen just works.

EDIT: Oh and someone in the lobby recognized me from back in the day when I was on ResteEra. Fun.

Last edited:
20240205_132348.jpg
Some good racing in Race C so far. Quite clean....easy know its early 🤣🤣

Good job. Personally, I hate being A. Even as a low A there are 3-4 A+ in almost every lobby. People that are way faster than the rest. Like a second or more. I feel like I had the best fun in B/A lobbies.
Yeah, that’s fair.

Truth be told I’ve only really started coming back to Dailys to make the push for A so I can participate in GT1 for the Manufacturers/Nations Cup. Love the longer length, heavy damage and how grander those races seemed.

Finally got the bloody thing, I think I’ve been perpetually B since the Atenza Gr 4 meta was a thing.

1707142601473.png

I see Daily Race A has caught my interest once more as it has been a while since I last did a Daily Race with karts like since GT Sport.

Only did three sessions for now as I had to do some liveries.

First session - Wasn't able to clock in a qualifying time so I started nearly at the back of the grid and almost pulled off a near last to first finish but screwed it up on Clark Curve which ultimately caused me a chance at a win but at the same time I wasn't too bummed about it as being able to finish on the podium despite not clocking in a qualifying time.

1707144520662.png

Second session - Oh man this was so fun. It all started when I managed to get a perfect reaction time on the start which allowed me to gain the lead immediately (started P2) and from there I had a good battle for the lead up until the pole sitter bottled it on Cooper Straight and from there I was able to win. Still a fun race overall.

1707144658824.png

Third session - And just when I thought things were going to be better from that race, it became oof. It all started when once again I managed to time the start perfectly which then gave me the lead early but unfortunately it got chaotic when the player with the Monster Energy like overalls was all over the place then there's the other player who I'm confused by whether he's braking way too early on those corners or he's trying to make me get a penalty. It lasted for like 3-4 laps until the fifth where I was able to get out of that chaos enough that I gained some of my momentum back that I managed to win the race despite the chaos but at the cost of my SR having a dent which I don't mind it that much.

1707144906570.png

Though overall I wouldn't mind spending more time on this daily but I probably wouldn't last too long as I'm going to be doing something else for the week such as going out to meet my friends and others.

Well I'm getting ready to put in my gt7 game, I had to take a small break though to get prepped and ready for the racing action, I know it will get harder once my DR goes up, the A and B drivers are more fierce and aggressive. They'll do anything in their power to steal victories.

It's been a long time since I saw a kart race, reminds me of the kart mission from gt5. Remember that? It was in the special mission section. And it's on a simple short track too, so this should be better than the Lancia races in the snow. Deep Forest Reverse will be tricky, b/c I have to do the opposite of what I normally do on the regular DF track. I have to use my surroundings and drive close to the curbings to get good apexes, and good driving lines executed.

Well this was a nice surprise :) I was hovering on the 1:32:6's for a few laps and decided to have one last go as I saw @Nebuc72 had taken P1 away from me in the LB 😂 Was about to quit the lap as I was 0.18s down on my overall time but decided to finish it just to add another mile to the daily tally!

And wouldn't you know it - I somehow made up that time plus gained another 0.25s on current session best in just sector 3 and pulled off a 1:23:540 to go back to P1 in the LB (and 550th globally) just 0.049 ahead of resident alien over here 🤫

PS - I know he (and even others) will have taken me off the top again by tomorrow morning but until then... yey! 😀 Calling it a night as tired! Good luck at the races everyone!

1707165806346.jpeg

1707165822981.jpeg

Well this was a nice surprise :) I was hovering on the 1:32:6's for a few laps and decided to have one last go as I saw @Nebuc72 had taken P1 away from me in the LB 😂 Was about to quit the lap as I was 0.18s down on my overall time but decided to finish it just to add another mile to the daily tally!

And wouldn't you know it - I somehow made up that time plus gained another 0.25s on current session best in just sector 3 and pulled off a 1:23:540 to go back to P1 in the LB (and 550th globally) just 0.049 ahead of resident alien over here 🤫

PS - I know he (and even others) will have taken me off the top again by tomorrow morning but until then... yey! 😀 Calling it a night as tired! Good luck at the races everyone!

View attachment 1325703

View attachment 1325705

Nice time, the Hyundai put up a good fight! Unfortunately it gets eaten up on the straights so it's completely unviable at DF lol.

View attachment 1325703

View attachment 1325705

Nice work! Did you use a tune?
Just curious because I’m coming for your time🍻
Keep Up Murdoch Mysteries GIF by Acorn TV

The start of this week is like the complete opposite to the last. Struggled in QT and no matter how I tweak the setup, the McLaren just feels sluggish and doesn’t want to turn into those low speed corners (anyone got a good source of setup for different Gr.3’s?)

Jumped into the first race of the week expecting to be eaten alive in mid field, I somehow managed pole in an all A lobby, and went on to win the race with a Porsche 1 second behind me all race. Happy with the win but there is work to do to dial in the setup to extract more speed or try out another cars like the 4C or Lambo which were my go-to for Nurburgring in my controller days.

IMG-7978.jpg

IMG-7977.jpg

Wouldn't call it a tune but yeah, spent 45 mins doing laps and changing a few things at a time in the car settings. Not fully-happy yet, but getting there! At some point I even was changing wheel settings (in-game) lol
I change any settings available like a crazy person. I know muscle memory blah blah blah😂 I’ll change things from lap to lap often.
Oh and almost forgot to mention…😊🍻

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 10
Did my first race this week at DF Reverse, in the Mazda. Started P6, was P4 most of the race, but I got sloppy at the end and finished P7.

I swear the track got slicker in the last few laps. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I delusional?

And yay for no wall penalties - at least, I didn't experience any and I certainly played Pink Floyd a few times near the end (at least I think I did - at my age, no memory is 100% trustworthy).

I just had an incredible thing happen to me at Brands Hatch, I got a QT time in the top 1400. I don't think I've ever done that good since the game released in March 2022, take a brief look and see how I managed to pull this off. There's 2.

And I did much better in the second one, I made a killing run!!

I think I've found my race here, I'm gonna do as many races as I can to get my DR up, so wish me the best of luck. I'm shocked that I was able to get a time under 50 seconds using a go-kart! That made my whole week.

Last edited:
I just had an incredible thing happen to me at Brands Hatch, I got a QT time in the top 1400. I don't think I've ever done that good since the game released in March 2022, take a brief look and see how I managed to pull this off. There's 2.

And I did much better in the second one, I made a killing run!!

I think I've found my race here, I'm gonna do as many races as I can to get my DR up, so wish me the best of luck. I'm shocked that I was able to get a time under 50 seconds using a go-kart! That made my whole week.

I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but DR isn’t affected in Race A.

How much time do you guys invest in setting a good qualifying time during the week? And do you focus on one of the three races mainly or switch around constantly?

How much time do you guys invest in setting a good qualifying time during the week? And do you focus on one of the three races mainly or switch around constantly?
When a race combo sparks my interest for one reason or another I will spend a solid uninterrupted hour or two. I love when you can just get into that zone when you don’t think about anything life struggles just thousands of a second. 😍 when not interested but still want to race I’ll put in 3-10 laps. 🍻

I also watch a lap guide and will use a much faster driver than myself to see where I’m losing time/seeing the track limits. 🍻

Last edited:
I do a few lap to set a time, then i jump in a race to have a Idea if it's ok or not.
If no i will try to focus on getting a average qt.
If it's ok i race and do some tt while waiting for the race.

Been doing Race B with pleasure, some few podium even a win. Got trouble to get push at the airspin, if i go wide they will just use me , and if i'm really inside just push me hard.
Worse was a race getting penalty few Time because i brake to avoid contact with front and get push hard behind giving 2 penalty at once cumulating 8 sec 😂😂😂.
Improved few time my qt to for the moment 1.33.993

Went also do a bit of kart and managed qt under 0.50 that was my goal.

Edit: back to B dr once again 🤣🤣

Last edited:

I'll typically pick 1 primary race but I will try to put in good times as well for the other 2.

I spend most of my racing time on Monday setting a decent ish lap and then will do a few sessions throughout the week trying to improve to some mental target I set myself or for friends leaderboard kudos.

Through out the week I'd say I spend between 2-5 hours QT and the rest racing

OK I just got one of the weirdest days in Gran Turismo in my "career". First I jumped into Race B quali in the evening and I somehow managed to set lap time in top 200! I thought "whoa that's gonna be pole!" But no... I was placed p3 on the grid. Competition in that game is really hard. I'm just a low A and with such record only p3...

Anyway, with mix of excitation and disappointment I started my race but my excitation and my lead foot led me to the concrete barrier at first lap. I hit so hard that I had engine damage so I dropped to about p12 but I decided to keep racing.

And then things happened. On lap 3 I noticed that I'm just 4 sec behind the leader and some people gone to pit. Few moments later I catched up leaders pack and realized what's going on. We had guy who was just making mayhem on main straight. I don't know if it was someone on his alt account or another jerk pretending real one but destruction was already done. He was ramming others out the track pushing people to pits and dive-bombing turns. Standard things... I sneaked between all that and finished p3 but weirdest thing is that he didn't gained any penalty! 🤯 That's unbelievable! This system is really broken thing in GT7...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some super incredible races in the kart last night, want to take a look?

Bullwinkle told me that DR isn't affected in the A races. My DR didn't really go up that much, I was expecting it to because I beat all those drivers. Anyways, this is a great combo, the karts on an Indy circuit, brilliant! Have we had any kart races before because I haven't seen any in Sport mode, this is the first time.

I'm getting ready to start qualifying at DF Raceway in the Mazda Gr. 4 car, I did achieve a time of 1'38.738 in the Italia 458 car but I think I can do better than that using another car. I have to choose wisely as my energy is limited.

Last edited:
I don’t have much time, but each lunch time I’ll do 10 mins quali and 1 race in the week, by then I’m mostly dialled in and I reach my goal by the weekend, which is starting top 6, I’ll leave it there and just race on the weekend

Bullwinkle told me that DR isn't affected in the A races. My DR didn't really go up that much
@Bullwinkle is right. If you're doing Race A you won't gain (or lose) any DR as DR Updates are off. Any you think you gained is imaginary.

I haven't done a Daily Race in ages. The first race... well lets' not talk about that one, false start messing with VR goggles, etc.. But second one was pretty fun (vid below), came in 2nd in an all B level race. 3rd race was a better race for me, there was quite a few A drivers in there and I came in 3rd. Karts are fun in VR. Might do some more races and try to get up to A level, just need to put in the time... I think I'm fast enough.

View attachment 1325703

View attachment 1325705

Then there's me at 1:35.7 fighting for my life in driver rating D lobbies :lol:

OK I just got one of the weirdest days in Gran Turismo in my "career". First I jumped into Race B quali in the evening and I somehow managed to set lap time in top 200! I thought "whoa that's gonna be pole!" But no... I was placed p3 on the grid. Competition in that game is really hard. I'm just a low A and with such record only p3...

Anyway, with mix of excitation and disappointment I started my race but my excitation and my lead foot led me to the concrete barrier at first lap. I hit so hard that I had engine damage so I dropped to about p12 but I decided to keep racing.

And then things happened. On lap 3 I noticed that I'm just 4 sec behind the leader and some people gone to pit. Few moments later I catched up leaders pack and realized what's going on. We had guy called FAKE-KIMI in the lobby and he was just making mayhem on main straight. I don't know if it was KIMI on his alt account or another jerk pretending real one but destruction was already done. He was ramming others out the track pushing people to pits and dive-bombing turns. Standard things... I sneaked between all that and finished p3 but weirdest thing is that he didn't gained any penalty! 🤯 That's unbelievable! This system is really broken thing in GT7...
Wow, I had something similar happen last week in the CLK races at DF, I was on Lap 8 fixing to go in the pit lane and someone from behind me hit the back of my car causing me to collide in the start of the pit. I was so mad, it cost me 5 positions plus I got a 3-second wall collision penalty because of him. I was so disgusted I didn't even record the footage.

Back