GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,407 comments
I was hoping B wouldn’t be Mazda fest but with those straights I’m not catching it in the atenza. Anyone try the Ferrari? Against the Mazda in race? I may have to get a time with that damn thing again but I hope I don’t have to race in it all week

I've raced with the Mazda (unfortunatley), NSX and Ferrari. Sadly the Mazda is faster, especially on the straights but I held my own and felt more comfortable with the others. The Ferrari is going to be my choice for the week I think, it's not like i'll be troubling the leader boards!

Any setup recommendations for the Mazda in race B?
In short version:
stiff up rear anti-roll bar
decrease dampers inbound
increase LSD at acceleration
decrease LSD at decceleration to minimum
It helps for me.

Last edited:
Any setup recommendations for the Mazda in race B?

Work with the front LSD, short shift. Exit in 3rd where 1st or 2nd seems normal. Remember it's a powerful FWD car so power when you are straight or straightening up. Everything else is just lost momentum.

Don't be afraid to let the car coast to bite in a bit at the front.

You don't need set ups to win this race or compete just understand the car and the way it works a bit more.

Edit:

This is not a week for me for loads of factors. Firstly I don't get on with the track/meta combos in this configuration and pseudo strat for C

Secondly I don't have the time I have recently been putting in grinding these things

Thirdly and this pure personal preference they just aren't my races and that's ok. I threw my toys out the pram saying I wasn't gonna race for a bit (months-lie) but this week the motivation really isn't there for me. But I reiterate that is OK for me.

Last edited:
In case anyone wonders why my QTs aren't changing this week, I have a bad head cold and shouldn't be operating heavy equipment. Actually, my head is so fuzzy it would be a joke.

1707247473595.png

And from my wife:

1707247521473.png

How much time do you guys invest in setting a good qualifying time during the week? And do you focus on one of the three races mainly or switch around constantly?
I only do Race Bs. I'm not interested in non-DR races, and Race C is too long for my attention span.

So, in answer to your question, I only focus on one race. And I do a TON of qualifying, because 1) I'm retired and have the time, and 2) it just takes me a long time to get the hang of the car(s) and track. And I really want a decent QT, because I hate starting in the back of he pack.

And just like that, all it took was 1 race at Deep Forest to piss me off and make me turn off the console... What the hell is PD's deal with Mazda?! I start in P10 with P11 being over 0.4s slower than my QT time and P16 a whole 3s behind! I was in last place just as sector 1 ended!

I was catching up to the Mazda-fest in the corners then either pushed out or just left for dead in the straights if I manage an overtake or get slightly close to the car in front. What a stupid, biased and demotivating decision from them. Almost 2 months of this BS - when is this stupid car getting nerfed and make racing fun again?!

gg

I was hoping B wouldn’t be Mazda fest but with those straights I’m not catching it in the atenza. Anyone try the Ferrari? Against the Mazda in race? I may have to get a time with that damn thing again but I hope I don’t have to race in it all week
Full transparency, haven't even grabbed the controller this week. That said, I had pretty good luck using the Bug' at the last MazdaFest. Evenings are a non-starter as you're really only gaining positions through attrition and keeping up. HOWEVER, if there's less than, idk, 15 Mazda's on the track, you DO stand a chance of some decent racing.

In my experience on NA servers, morning/early afternoon lobbies seem to be where the 'meta-haters' chill. 👍

:cheers:

EDIT
@TechnoIsLove I've been wondering the same thing. When, PD? When? Tbh, I've been avoiding all things Gr.4 since they botched this model and rendered every other car uncompetitive. Makes me wish I liked driving FF cars. But, I don't and I won't. And THAT is where I realize that I could be in the minority in that regard.

Someone once told me they enjoyed racing FF cars. I ended that friendship immediately. We are not on the same plane of existence. 😁

Last edited:
And just like that, all it took was 1 race at Deep Forest to piss me off and make me turn off the console... What the hell is PD's deal with Mazda?! I start in P10 with P11 being over 0.4s slower than my QT time and P16 a whole 3s behind! I was in last place just as sector 1 ended!

I was catching up to the Mazda-fest in the corners then either pushed out or just left for dead in the straights if I manage an overtake or get slightly close to the car in front. What a stupid, biased and demotivating decision from them. Almost 2 months of this BS - when is this stupid car getting nerfed and make racing fun again?!

gg

You know I'm a 650 fan boy or Veyron

The balance is so so off, even the most ardent fast guys aren't posting times like they would.

The Mazda is just too much and has been for a long time. It's also not a car that promotes racing either at lower levels.

Ugh, retunring after a long absence because the last few weeks GT7 has sucked me back in. Managed a 1.34.6 in the Ferrari and a 1.34.4 in the godforsaken Mazda, but there is more to come.

But what is going on in the dailies? I noticed it last week and it seems to be carrying over to this weeks. It’s just a total wreckfes. Trying to defend the inside is just going to get you nerfed. It’s getting to the stage where it’s not worth trying to pass someone because they’ll just barge you off anyway. No one seems to be getting penalties. Did they change them with the last update? And this is at B/S, not D/D!

...now that are Karts here, I totally forgot, why don't we get those Kart tracks from GT5/6?!? I mean those were fun, and are good for this kind of racing...

In case anyone wonders why my QTs aren't changing this week, I have a bad head cold and shouldn't be operating heavy equipment. Actually, my head is so fuzzy it would be a joke.

View attachment 1325956

And from my wife:

View attachment 1325958

I only do Race Bs. I'm not interested in non-DR races, and Race C is too long for my attention span.

So, in answer to your question, I only focus on one race. And I do a TON of qualifying, because 1) I'm retired and have the time, and 2) it just takes me a long time to get the hang of the car(s) and track. And I really want a decent QT, because I hate starting in the back of he pack.
Yeah, I have loads of free time too, I thought that the A races gave you DR points, but Bullwinkle and Famine told me it doesn't so I guess I'll focus on races B and C. I have just gotten a QT time of 1'36.886 after a 7-lap run, I recorded it using my ps4, so I will upload it tomorrow or Thursday. I guess I'll have to deal with DF this week as 10 laps of the Nurb-GP may be too tedious for me, I mean if I do 5 races there, that's 50 laps.

I did get one penalty for ignoring the track limit on Lap 6 but Lap 7 I made a comeback, and stayed close to all the curbs. I hope you get better, I know how it feels to have colds. I just got over a sore throat and a runny nose the other week. So, take care!

2) it just takes me a long time to get the hang of the car(s) and track.
Yeah, same here. I have to invest a lot of time to get the hang of it and set a good time but then I do really well by the end of the week and increase my ranting. But suddenly it's Monday again and it's a new track and I have to do it all over again:ouch: Sometimes I just want to race.... I wish I could reset my DR. I am not an A driver. I just had a few good races last week. It seems you need to suck for quite a while to lose DR... pain.

I hope it's allowed to post this here. I though this guy made a good video and raises some valid points.

Last edited:
Yeah, same here. I have to invest a lot of time to get the hang of it and set a good time but then I do really well by the end of the week and increase my ranting. But suddenly it's Monday again and it's a new track and I have to do it all over again:ouch: Sometimes I just want to race.... I wish I could reset my DR. I am not an A driver. I just had a few good races last week. It seems you need to suck for quite a while to lose DR... pain.

I hope it's allowed to post this here. I though it was a good video and raises some valid points.

I see you use a wheel, I normally use a controller. I will watch your video tomorrow if I have spare time. I may just focus on DF Reverse this week. The Mazda car seems to be the car that is most used in this race.

I see you use a wheel, I normally use a controller. I will watch your video tomorrow if I have spare time. I may just focus on DF Reverse this week. The Mazda car seems to be the car that is most used in this race.
It's not my video. I just though this guy raises some valid questions when it comes to daily races, tuning etc.
Personally, I am using a controller as well.

Last edited:
Does anyone have suggestions for car setups this week? I’m more interested in Race C if you have any recommendations.
SuperGT showed his settings for the M6 GT3 in today's video. They're a bit extreme.

Suspension
  • Anti-roll Bar: 9 / 9
  • Damping Ratio (Compression): 25 / 25
  • Damping Ratio (Expansion): 50 / 50
  • Natural Frequency: 3.00 / 3.00
Differential Gear
  • Initial Torque: 0 / 5
  • Acceleration Sensitivity: 0 / 60
  • Braking Sensitivity: 0 / 5

View attachment 1325956

And from my wife:

View attachment 1325958

LOL. Hang in there, get well!

I haven't been in the daily yet and barely did any last week as I was back into Time Trial mode and believe it or not, sprained my wrist with the force feedback doing constant, frustrating laps of the Genesis VGT at Monza. However, you think a sprained wrist will slow me down....? :lol:

Last edited:
Finding more time as I tweak around yesterday's settings..

1707261037090.jpeg

But this is exactly why PD annoy me - Have a real competitive/ fast bunch in my friendly LB yet the racing is nothing remotely close to what I can achieve unless I use the Mazda - and it still does not guarantee anything! But not even being able to keep up with others who are much slower than me and less consistent makes me want to burn the disc lol.

Last edited:
Finding more time as I tweak around yesterday's settings..

View attachment 1326021

But this is exactly why PD annoy me - Have a real competitive/ fast bunch in my friendly LB yet the racing is nothing remotely close to what I can achieve unless I use the Mazda - and it still does not guarantee anything! But not even being able to keep up with others who are much slower than me and less consistent makes me want to burn the disc lol.
Same, a shame. Ending up in the end because all Mazda pass by in the straight and block otherwise is ********

Same, a shame. Ending up in the end because all Mazda pass by in the straight and block otherwise is ********
Dude... I am not even kidding... I lost around 0.2s in this lap and still made it to the top 500 just now and almost 0.5s faster than I was yesterday. And not even the slightest motivation to enter another race :( Hit the barriers a few times during a couple of my laps but it was as I was trying to find the perfect lines so kind of expected. My optimal is in the 1:31's, even if just a bit..

1707262973732.jpeg

1707262979966.jpeg

1707263010149.jpeg

Last edited:
After a few weeks with no tuning .... I have come to realise I really don't like tuning - even more so when there's more tuning options available. I'd far rather just grab a few different cars and just race (WG was great last week) instead of finding a tune which may help or hinder, as I'm often not sure if it's just me or the settings that are hooking up.

I did manage my first win in a while, using the Vantage, but generally finishing 4th to 8th which has put my UK DR about the highest it's ever been - around A and 35%. Back on shift tomorrow for a week, so I'll likely not race much more til next Wednesday. Hopefully no tunes next week!

Besides group 4 which just needs a Mazda nerf, tuning allows me to use cars other than the meta in Group 3 while still being competitive. PD just needs to allow tunes to be copy/pasted from the leaderboards to make it easier for those who don’t want to bother making their own tunes

Edit:

After thinking a bit, I wanted to add a little more to this. While GT7’s physics model definitely has its flaws, the tuning model is actually quite nuanced, but gets held back by the physics. You really need a sketchy car, to realize how intricate the tuning model is

The problem is, that the explanation given on how different adjustments work, is very elementary at best, and does little in the way of explaining the “other effects” that the simple act of adjusting compression damping can influence. If you have IRL suspension knowledge, a lot of the ‘unspoken effects’ of simple adjustments are known. But if you don’t know this, you’re left to the frustration of trying to figure it out yourself.

As much as I generally roll my eyes at these gamer-type streamers that know little about the actual mechanics of a genre they make their living from, Rory was right about a few things.

PD really should make some mission challenges and Menu Books about tuning. If they’re aiming for Gran Turismo to be the all encompassing encyclopedia of Car culture (which they’re doing a great job of btw), they need to dedicate more time to teaching people about the mechanical side of cars, and how that works.

Last edited:
The problem with tuning is that on one hand it allows me to adjust the car to my liking and I might do better than without tuning. On the other hand, you first need to find the tuning that makes you faster and adjust it to every car / track which removes the "pick-up-and-play" aspect of the more "casual friendly" games like GT7.

One thing I've come to realize though is, in games like Forza and GT7 the tuning doesn't really work like it does in real life. That is why people use extreme setups that would never work on a real car.

In general though I prefer the races that have tuning disabled.

Back