GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,407 comments
I’ve been trying to figure the same things out! I’m set my fastest time in the Mercedes until I got a lucky lap in the 911. I tried to run the BMW and am a full second slower. I can’t figure out how people make up their time on it.

That’s good to know. I’m able to stay relevant in the AMG but I can’t stay consistent in the McLaren. I just want to figure out what is making the BMW so meta for so long!

This is great! Thanks! The Gt-eng!ne page has the times on a graph so you can see which cars have top speed at different points, which is incredibly useful to gauge acceleration up to top speed, how long it takes to get there, etc. top speeds will be different at different tracks based on that info. But the stats are way outdated. I’m still grateful for the BoP information there though.
Same with the BMW 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m slower than in the vantage 🤷🏻‍♂️

It suffers both power understeer and power over steer which is a sign of good balance and means you can abuse both.
I know what you’re saying here, I can’t wait until I feel it! I know how to find it in the 911, which is obviously why I’m fastest in it. I think I just need to outline some more time and it’ll come. The bummer is that I got in the AMG and just flew, but for some reason I had the opposite reaction to the BMW.
Same with the BMW 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m slower than in the vantage 🤷🏻‍♂️
I wish I could say that it’s just this car/track combo, but I’ve NEVER been fast in the Beemer. That’s what really bums me out: it’s mostly-meta for a reason, and I just have to accept that there’s a skill deficit on my part that’s holding me back. I can shave tenths off of other cars, but this one is a mystery to me!

Finally got into the 1.45s…..

Only just though, brutal racing this arvo, lots of plums out there trying to plough through and hope for the best

But bits of good racing between

Almost won my first race earlier, started p4 and couldn’t quite turn it into a win, had to settle on p2 - but was super clean
You've snuck ahead of me now!

I've gone as fast as I can though - can't get within 1 second of my QT now 😕

Wow, I love driving with the CLK, it's like a dream car for me, imagine if I had one in real life up in California. I just finished my 2nd race at Deep Forest in the CLK. It brakes real smoothly which I like. I better take advantage of this today and tomorrow. Who knows, maybe it'll re-appear in the future again.

You've snuck ahead of me now!

I've gone as fast as I can though - can't get within 1 second of my QT now 😕
I’ve tried all week, don’t know where it came from tbh, I think when I resigned to thinking I wouldn’t do it, I snuck it in behind a ghost with no delta, maybe that was it 🤣

Yeah, that may be it for me at WG, my best time was 1'48.615 using the BMW M6 car, the one from the Nordschleife Circuit Experience. The blue one!

The bummer is that I got in the AMG and just flew, but for some reason I had the opposite reaction to the BMW.
It's another meta/competitive/excellent car so I really wouldn't sweat figuring out the beemer if the merc is doing you well.

True story, I can't get the Merc round the track no where near as fast as the beemer.

So go with what feels comfortable and fast. To be fair they are only really meta cars in the top .5%

Edit:

Had a broken start, me and P1 were in the Esses before auto drive stopped.

And asking all the A+ guys is this time for total race time even possible at your paces

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have to say, as a controller user one of the assists (either stability control or counter steer on weak) helps me cornering better. I just improved my time with the SLS to a 1:44.7 at WG after driving with only ABS and not being able to improve my time (that I also set with counter steer at weak). I know that I should just learn to drive better but even at controller sensitivity 10 there is a delay when you move from left to right. This setting helps me somehow to turn in faster. I also won my first A group race immediately after that.

Anyone else has experience with those assists?
It's another meta/competitive/excellent car so I really wouldn't sweat figuring out the beemer if the merc is doing you well.

True story, I can't get the Merc round the track no where near as fast as the beemer.

So go with what feels comfortable and fast. To be fair they are only really meta cars in the top .5%

Edit:

Had a broken start, me and P1 were in the Esses before auto drive stopped.

And asking all the A+ guys is this time for total race time even possible at your paces
Waaaait a second. Are you that Glen?

Last edited:
I have to say, as a controller user one of the assists (either stability control or counter steer on weak) helps me cornering better. I just improved my time with the SLS to a 1:44.7 at WG after driving with only ABS and not being able to improve my time (that I also set with counter steer at weak). I know that I should just learn to drive better but even at controller sensitivity 10 there is a delay when you move from left to right. This setting helps me somehow to turn in faster. I also won my first A group race immediately after that.

Anyone else has experience with those assists?

Waaaait a second. Are that Glen?
I am Glen or Cool on my other account... what have I done 😮

I am Glen or Cool on my other account... what have I done 😮
Haha, is that you that killed me at the bus stop a few days ago?

I had to finish the race to look at the replay because I didn't know what the hell happened. I was actually lifting on the inside to let you through because we would have crashed otherwise and then I just crashed. I saved the replay to se what happened and had to laugh because the same thing happened to me one or two races before that one. Hitting the grass on the outside. **** happens.

Last edited:
Haha, is that you that killed me at the bus stop a few days ago?

I had to finish the race because I didn't know what happened. I was actually lifting on the inside to let you through because we would have crashed otherwise and then I just crashed. I saved the replay to se what happened and had to laugh because the same thing happened to me one or two races before that one. Hitting the grass on the outside. **** happens.

I clipped the grass trying to stay wide.

It turned me in :( watch the replay from my cam mate or I can post it.

My left wheel it the grass trying to give you room.

I was a passenger, you'll notice I tried to drive straight on as not to catch you :(

Edit:

I'll post my view replay. Just an incident, frustrating but an incident to me. I hit the grass :(

Last edited:
I clipped the grass trying to stay wide.

It turned me in :( watch the replay from my cam mate or I can post it.

My left wheel it the grass trying to give you room.

I was a passenger, you'll notice I tried to drive straight on as not to catch you :(

Edit:

I'll post my view replay. Just an incident, frustrating but an incident to me. I hit the grass :(
No no I know you touched the grass. **** happens. It happened to me 100 times. Nice to see you here.

I apologise, I was trying to leave racing space and took too much of my own going to wide to maximise the slower entry.

To be fair it looks like I murdered you but I seriously clipped the grass while braking :(

We were fighting the sharp end as well :(
Yes. I totally didn't post it to blame you. If anything, I am to blame as well. It was just that I drive with the hood cam and didn't see you on the outside anymore. I did lift a bit and suddenly I hit the inside wall. It startled me quite a bit lol. I saw you in the grass as well so I knew something must have happened. Saved the replay and saw that you clipped the grass. No biggie.

Driving side by side at the bus stop wasn't the smartest idea from me either. You never know what will happen. Especially since we had enough room to the next guy. I usually lift now earlier if I can't get clear.

Last edited:
After tonight's Glen dashcam accident and my general mood with my racing.

I'll see everyone in a few months maybe.

Stay safe, remember finishing is winning for DR or SR and that just by being here you are already faster than 99% of people or will be if you listen to the wise words on this forum.

Laters peeps.

Edit:

@Celico it's fine done hide the video. It wasn't deliberate but massively annoying for both of us. It's the nature of pushing hard.

Let people see don't hide the vid it's ok; peeps can get it wrong. It's ok.

And that peep getting it wrong was me.

Right good luck , have fun see you all one day 👍

Last edited:

Check these races out everyone, Race 17 I got hasty and accidentally hit someone which gave me a huge penalty, 3 seconds!!

I forgot Race 15, I didn't record it but I did bad some, finished 14th.

You'll see what happens in this. I hit the driver on Lap 2. Cost me a few positions and it affected my DR and SR, what a bummer! I hate that with a passion.

Here's races 18 and 19 below.

I forgot how nasty Saturday racing can get. Lots of people of similar quali times, so a few guys towards the rear feel the need to slam through corners to gain positions. It’s frustrating and impossible to prevent, so the only point to race with these people is to lose positions and donate DR to them. And they feel no remorse. That’s the worst part: bad driving and bad sportsmanship are being rewarded.

This is why I quit a year ago.

Last edited:
And today… started 8th, gained to 6th and lost to 12th 😂🤷🏻‍♂️
Had some like that , but also a few with remontada.
Best was end of afternoon, start p5 before first lap was finish i was P 16 🤣🤣 end race P4 with clean race bonus.
Seen also some nice move from opponents , one managed to pass me at bus stop going on the outside not touching me.

I forgot how nasty Saturday racing can get. Lots of people of similar quali times, so a few guys towards the rear feel the need to slam through corners to gain positions. It’s frustrating and impossible to prevent, so the only point to race with these people is to lose positions and donate DR to them. And they feel no remorse. That’s the worst part: bad driving and bad sportsmanship are being rewarded.

This is why I quit a year ago.
I’ve only been playing online for a month or so. Today was my first time to race on Saturday I think. It was so frustrating! Soooo many people just driving like idiots. I think I’ll stick to weekdays.

After tonight's Glen dashcam accident and my general mood with my racing.

I'll see everyone in a few months maybe.

Stay safe, remember finishing is winning for DR or SR and that just by being here you are already faster than 99% of people or will be if you listen to the wise words on this forum.

Laters peeps.

Edit:

@Celico it's fine done hide the video. It wasn't deliberate but massively annoying for both of us. It's the nature of pushing hard.

Let people see don't hide the vid it's ok; peeps can get it wrong. It's ok.

And that peep getting it wrong was me.

Right good luck , have fun see you all one day 👍
I hope not. But do understand that we all need breaks sometime. If you do take some time off, upon your return i urge you to consider VR. And if so, hopefully it rekindles some of the joy of driving within. Know it did with me.

Managed to do 2 race c as my first DR-A experience ever. And boy you guys were right. This is tight! It was a (virtual) reality check.

My first DR-A race I am starting last position with QT of 1.20.978, One DR S, 5 A+, other drivers are A.
I did climb to 11th, then a penality put me back 15 for good. 16th had quit.

Next day on my Second attempt, QT 1.20.291 put me 4th in a lobby with a mix of A and B. started 4th, finish 9th, because me 4th and another driver 3rd in a side be side battle in tight a S section had accidental side push, and we both thought it was our fault and wanted to give way to the other slowing down and down.. "you first",."no you first" style...while blocking few cars behind, it costs me a few positions.

My DR A meter is melting already...
If I reach a race pace in the 1.19s, I might try again. Clk in VR is fun, but mirrors are poorly located, visibility is not the best.

I’ve only been playing online for a month or so. Today was my first time to race on Saturday I think. It was so frustrating! Soooo many people just driving like idiots. I think I’ll stick to weekdays.
Yup. I’ve had my best racing at 7 AM on weekdays for whatever reason. And I got into one very high end lobby on a Tuesday evening that was amazing, but that was totally random.

I think maybe find a time that works for you, get to know some of the people there, and then see when else they are racing to try to get grouped with them more often. It’s all totally random, but you can at least tilt things in your favor.

I had a good run where I thought I’d figured out when @GrumpyOldMan was racing, but I think that was just a fluke. But if you find people you like racing with, definitely greet them before the race. Not only does it create some community, it may also help you out by creating allies who might help enforce some of the bad drivers.

For example, I had a day early on in my driving career where @Talon16 drove around with me at the back of the field showing me some tricks and punting indoors who were giving me grief! He took a hit to his rating just to help me out. It may have been the best day of driving I ever had, and I wish race days could be more like that. Coincidentally, it was at the Nurburgring track that we have next week, and probably the same car and pit (lack of) strategy as that race.

Yup. I’ve had my best racing at 7 AM on weekdays for whatever reason. And I got into one very high end lobby on a Tuesday evening that was amazing, but that was totally random.

I think maybe find a time that works for you, get to know some of the people there, and then see when else they are racing to try to get grouped with them more often. It’s all totally random, but you can at least tilt things in your favor.

I had a good run where I thought I’d figured out when @GrumpyOldMan was racing, but I think that was just a fluke. But if you find people you like racing with, definitely greet them before the race. Not only does it create some community, it may also help you out by creating allies who might help enforce some of the bad drivers.

For example, I had a day early on in my driving career where @Talon16 drove around with me at the back of the field showing me some tricks and punting indoors who were giving me grief! He took a hit to his rating just to help me out. It may have been the best day of driving I ever had, and I wish race days could be more like that. Coincidentally, it was at the Nurburgring track that we have next week, and probably the same car and pit (lack of) strategy as that race.
Is that really possible in the Americas? Over here in EMEA it's almost impossible to get to race with people you know unless you're maybe in the top of A+. For the B and below the numbers are so big that it almost never happens

Is that really possible in the Americas? Over here in EMEA it's almost impossible to get to race with people you know unless you're maybe in the top of A+. For the B and below the numbers are so big that it almost never happens

If you are friends on PSN and similar rating you'll get matched.

I get matched a fair bit with friends and other peeps from GT planet.

I assume this is because we all race the same way and while huge B/A spreads we are probably at the safer end of mediocre quick.

Back