GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,154 comments
Problem with Race C and limited time is not the length of the race but that I can't just hop online and play. This wouldn't normally an issue if Race B wasn't so silly with the 3 laps lol I actually think Gr. 4 isn't bad at Spa even though the track isn't ideal since it's so long. Two more laps and this could be great. I always wonder if the lap times in groups C or D or how far down it goes are so slow that they would miss out on the next race if it were longer and that is why we all only get 3 laps.
I don't understand why can't they have these longer C races start every 15 or 20 minutes? Race length isn't really relevant. Is it because there aren't enough players logged on at any one time to keep the lobbies tight enough, in terms of driver ranking, if you had players spread over different race times?

Last edited:
Well not for the first time I’m eating my words. Race B was actually fun, close and not too biffy. A bit of door slamming but that’s fine - certainly a cleaner vibe than the last two weeks at the Glen and stupid Forest Backwards. Tried my favourite 458 and was stuck in the 2.34 range. Tried the Mazda and instantly went 2 seconds quicker, although hardly anyone else was using it so maybe that will change as the week rolls on. Maybe people are setting quali times with the Mazda and using a different car for the race, which strikes me as odd because I’d rather have the extra straight line in a race where you can’t always stick to the best line.

I don't understand why can't they have these longer C races start every 15 or 20 minutes? Race length isn't really relevant. Is it because there aren't enough players logged on at any one time to keep the lobbies tight enough, in terms of driver ranking, if you had players spread over different race times?
They don't want to split the player base and that would be an incentive for players to quit the race after a mistake in the first few laps to join the next race.

They have done it properly if you ask me.

Since weather was brought up..a small request.

Nest time, if we could see rain on a high lap count, short lap time (1min+\-). It would be great. Getting shanghai’d at la sarth was so potentially frustrating i didn’t do the race at all. But the idea of a longer race with the ability to quickly respond sounds more approachable. Something along the lines of 17-20 1~ min laps with the potential of 1-4 rain events forcing several pit stops could be an interesting place to start the conversation.

They don't want to split the player base and that would be an incentive for players to quit the race after a mistake in the first few laps to join the next race.

They have done it properly if you ask me.
That's fair reasoning.
A race start every 30 minutes, for Race C in the current format, still doesn't seem an unreasonable ask.

That's fair reasoning.
A race start every 30 minutes, for Race C in the current format, still doesn't seem an unreasonable ask.
I get where you're coming from, but imo it would be detrimental. Having to wait for the start of the next race, which is more of an issue when it's the first race of the day or if you want to alternate between daily abc, is the price to pay.

I really hope they can keep doing this longer races as daily d and keep the other 3 races as they were before (maybe increase their lenght every so slightly).

I managed to get another run of Race C in last night in the 8PM EST Americas slot. All B/S lobby. Driving the Porsche. My 2:01.17 QT started me at P6. The first lap was much more aggressive than in the afternoon slot I tried earlier. I got bumped off the track twice in the esses, leaving me in P11 going into the Degnas.

Once things settled down a bit, I found my was behind a driver who was obviously using motion control controller steering, constantly skittering unpredictably all over the track. I felt I had a better pace, but was having a hard time finding an opportunity to get by. I finally got a run on them coming out of 130R and tried to make a move on the right. They drifted (skittered?) over slightly to block. I thought I still had room to get by so I pressed ahead. Instead, I made contact with the corner of their bumper. It destabilized my car and I went crashing into the wall. Thankfully, the contact didn't appear to have any significant effect on the other car. They kept on driving. That left me in P14 or P15.

I managed to work my way back up the field, mostly from drivers going off the track. By lap 6, I was stuck in traffic again behind an M6. They went into the pits on lap 8. I stayed out in the hopes of putting in a fast lap and getting the overcut. Sadly, it wasn't much of lap. At the end of it, I went in for tires. When I came out, I was way behind the M6, with a yellow Porsche right on my tail.

I couldn't tell if the Porsche had a better pace than me. I was on cold tires and they were sticking right with me and looking for any opportunity to get by. As the tires warmed up, I was able to build up a bit of a gap, and then I'd make a minor mistake and the Porsche would be back again. Eventually, the Porsche made a diving move going into the Casio Triangle. I saw it coming and got out of the way, letting them by without incident.

I don't know if it was the pressure of defending or what, but now that the Porsche was ahead, they were just getting it all wrong all over the place. I easily got the position back on Degna 2 when the Porsche went into the sand. They managed to stay somewhat close for a little while afterwards, but this time I was able to build -- and maintain -- a gap.

I'd lost a lot of time defending. The M6 was ahead by 11s. I set to work putting in some fast laps (for me that is in the low 2:02s). It was working. By lap 19, I was only 2 seconds off and gaining rapidly. I caught the M6 on the front straight at the beginning of the final lap. They had obviously chosen to forego tires or fuel when they pitted because they were just puttering along. They let me by without a fight.

I finished P10. Not the best result, I suppose, but it was still good fun. Can't wait to give it another try.

Honestly, I think a ranked 20 minute race A, 30 minute race B and a 40 minute race C might be optimal. Then have a fourth 15 minute unranked race (what is A today) that really does change daily. Let's face it, for most of us, daily A is a run once or twice and then never again. Having it rotate actually daily with a short sprint would promote engagement more.

Since weather was brought up..a small request.

Nest time, if we could see rain on a high lap count, short lap time (1min+\-). It would be great. Getting shanghai’d at la sarth was so potentially frustrating i didn’t do the race at all. But the idea of a longer race with the ability to quickly respond sounds more approachable. Something along the lines of 17-20 1~ min laps with the potential of 1-4 rain events forcing several pit stops could be an interesting place to start the conversation.

Yeah that would be awesome!

I am not sure how successful this week is. I love longer races but in the A/S race I just had, only 11 players finished it. Anyone experienced the same so far? I wonder how it is in C or D lobbies?

@Kriptical: Did we ever race against each other by any chance? You are in the European races as well right?

Last edited:
unranked 20 min sprint, ranked 20 min sprint, ranked medium 30-45 min, ranked endurance 1h+

weather possible and tire/fuel strats mandatory in races 3 & 4. Race 1 actually daily, Races 2-4 last a week. Race 4 should last long enough that there are few enough slots that it doesn't detract from the other races populations too much.

I get where you're coming from, but imo it would be detrimental. Having to wait for the start of the next race, which is more of an issue when it's the first race of the day or if you want to alternate between daily abc, is the price to pay.

I really hope they can keep doing this longer races as daily d and keep the other 3 races as they were before (maybe increase their lenght every so slightly).
I think they should fill the time slot with the race. A 20min race would go straight into the 1 min warm up, then a 16 min race, then 2 mins for end timer and result screen. That leaves 1 min to join the next race. Would be better if you didn't have to leave the lobby and it starts a new race on the 20 mins. If you want to qualify, skip a race. If people prefer 3 -5 lap sprints, have a 10 or 15 min time slot. The waiting for a next race is getting to me. I'm playing less as a result.

On a side note, the lack of proper timing is an absolute joke.

Honestly, I think a ranked 20 minute race A, 30 minute race B and a 40 minute race C might be optimal. Then have a fourth 15 minute unranked race (what is A today) that really does change daily. Let's face it, for most of us, daily A is a run once or twice and then never again. Having it rotate actually daily with a short sprint would promote engagement more.
I do enjoy the current race b format, about 10mins suits me and fits in with me, just please don’t vote out my race b 😁

I think they should fill the time slot with the race. A 20min race would go straight into the 1 min warm up, then a 16 min race, then 2 mins for end timer and result screen. That leaves 1 min to join the next race. Would be better if you didn't have to leave the lobby and it starts a new race on the 20 mins. If you want to qualify, skip a race. If people prefer 3 -5 lap sprints, have a 10 or 15 min time slot. The waiting for a next race is getting to me. I'm playing less as a result.

On a side note, the lack of proper timing is an absolute joke.
I think the reason the time slots are the way they are is by design and the reasons multi faceted.

1. They need to fix the structure in region splits and time of day which will naturally peak and trough on player numbers.

2. Server performance can be easily measured and anticipated

3. Regularity is better than random races with lower player numbers.

4. Players varying race length and complexity preferences

There are loads more but I think they are some of the reasons for fixed schedules and only 3 slots.

That was so BORING!

Just done Daily C for the first time and my god it was boring.
So done no prep laps as I didn’t have time and jumped in with the M6 as seems to be the meta. Well either I cant drive that car or I’m just terribly slow?
As for the race well I started last and finished last (P11)

One thing that was clear is that 1 hour races don’t work. I’ve been wanting PD to add 1 hour races in for a long time. The one time they did, they make the race boring (no strategy either). The field got strung out too quickly in my race. By lap 5 each car looked like it was about 5 seconds apart from each other, and then as the race went longer people dropped out and the gaps got bigger. 16 car lobbies don’t work for these longer races. They need 25 min player in these longer races, as the DR gap between player is too large and the race just doesn’t work. In GTWS everyone is on a similar level so these longer races work.

I’m going to try one more race, but I think that’s me done with Daily C.

I do enjoy the current race b format, about 10mins suits me and fits in with me, just please don’t vote out my race b 😁
That would be your new ranked race A.
That was so BORING!

Just done Daily C for the first time and my god it was boring.
I agree but perhaps my mode would change if I was not running around at the back of the field with no cars in front.
To finish first (or around 8th in my case) first you must finish.
It's a great week to pick up some free DR :D
Thank you quitters.
I wish that was the case with the DR A race I was in. At that level, no one made silly mistake (except me :banghead:) so I could not rely on attrition and only two people left; 14 still finished, even approaching midnight my time.

Just done my 1st Race C at Suzuka. Started on pole, dropped the rest of the field except the Porsche in 2nd which is clearly faster than I am, and stayed within 1s of me. Decided to save tyres so that I can go long before Pitting, and managed just that until the Porsche went for an undercut and pitted on Lap 8. I carried on until Lap 12 which I knew I won’t get undercut as he got held up in traffic and I was still lapping only 0.5s off my best race lap. Then this happened.

31-EAB860-882-F-4-D50-B7-D8-25182987680-D.jpg

FCC7915-B-3-DE0-4-C5-B-9-DB9-A2-B84-DD9-ED95.jpg

Didn’t realize I touched the line until I exited the pit. Extremely annoyed with myself as it could have been a win as I was around 2s ahead with much fresher tyres. Served the penalty, dropped almost to 4s behind the Porsche and caught back up to 1.5s behind at the end.

IMG-8153.jpg

🥲

Yeah that would be awesome!

I am not sure how successful this week is. I love longer races but in the A/S race I just had, only 11 players finished it. Anyone experienced the same so far? I wonder how it is in C or D lobbies?

@Kriptical: Did we ever race against each other by any chance? You are in the European races as well right?
Im actually east coast us, but race at odd times so..mebbe!

Your names familiar, but can’t recall whether its from here, or there.

I agree but perhaps my mode would change if I was not running around at the back of the field with no cars in front.
I had better luck in my 2nd race in the Porsche. Had much better pace but still found myself mid pack running in clear air. P8 was anywhere from 6-10 seconds ahead, just couldn’t catch enough and P10 was way behind.

Cant see myself going back to that race now

Did a Daily C for the first time in a while (since the road car TM race) to show my support for longer races. Was pretty fun, though I did start last with no quali time as I had just got off work, ended up 5th with the RCZ.

Definitely agree that longer races need more players. We had a few leavers and a 40 min race with 12 players feels really barren towards the latter half. Even if it was 20 like GTS, 4 leavers would've left 16 players and not 12, and that's a considerable difference in feel.
In terms of the race though, I like it. It feels like a proper race. Pit when you feel you have to, not when the meta window closes, and it's a proper good real GT3 style sprint to the end. It felt like what all Gr.3 races should be.

In terms of the race though, I like it. It feels like a proper race. Pit when you feel you have to, not when the meta window closes, and it's a proper good real GT3 style sprint to the end. It felt like what all Gr.3 races should be.
Fully agree with this, it's so refreshing having to actually read the race and the field spread and pit appropriately, rather than going in to the normal races with a cast iron "strategy" that everyone uses every time.

Did a Daily C for the first time in a while (since the road car TM race) to show my support for longer races. Was pretty fun, though I did start last with no quali time as I had just got off work, ended up 5th with the RCZ.

Definitely agree that longer races need more players. We had a few leavers and a 40 min race with 12 players feels really barren towards the latter half. Even if it was 20 like GTS, 4 leavers would've left 16 players and not 12, and that's a considerable difference in feel.
In a race this long realistically if we ignore weather as the great variable in the room.

All three compounds should be available but one set of each, and each has their own multiplier so the RM is say 5x the hard 3x and the soft 10x

All of a sudden real Strats come in to play. Consistent RH pace for 16 laps, switch to RS for the last 4.

Middle of the road safe RMs to RH or vice versa

Or banzai RS to RM or again vice versa.

All have pros and cons and you can drive to your style and driving tire wear.

It's hard to find a meta strategy once traffic comes in to play. It also stops this follow the leader pit strategy as people mix up starting and finishing compounds more.

And most importantly it's just a better way to handle tires in the game when they are artificially paced.

I'm having lots of fun and enjoyment at Spa in my Mclaren 650S. It seems to be the most popular car used by most of the pros so I'm going with it!

Ahhh the frustration 😵😖

I know Spa by heart. I have more miles in the 650S than I care to admit (plus it's one of my favorite cars in the game) but....

I cannot get the steering wheel right. Haven't messed about with the DD Pro settings but the in-game either makes the car feel like it's missing steering fluid or else with no feel at all 😵

Just got to the garage as rebuilding my engine after finally getting the block back from the engineer so doubt will have the energy to try again tonight 🙁

Plus tomorrow is "international pointless day to spend more of my money", especially since I'm already married, but not even Superman would be able to hold her back from ripping my throat out if I cancelled dinner to play GT7 🤣

So Thurs maybe will have time to play around... How's the racing been? Good luck either way!

Last edited:
Ahhh the frustration 😵😖

I know Spa by heart. I have more miles in the 650S than I care to admit (plus it's one of my favorite cars in the game) but....

I cannot get the steering wheel right. Haven't messed about with the DD Pro settings but the in-game either makes the car feel like it's missing steering fluid or else with no feel at all 😵

Just got to the garage as rebuilding my engine after finally getting the block back from the engineer so doubt will have the energy to try again tonight 🙁

Plus tomorrow is "international pointless day to spend more of my money", especially since I'm already married, but not even Superman would be able to hold her back from ripping my throat out if I cancelled dinner to play GT7 🤣

So Thurs maybe will have time to play around... How's the racing been? Good luck either way!
Buy the card, do or take her to dinner. Its much more important than you fiddling with your DD on your own.

In terms of feel, don't over think it Thursday. It's one of the tracks (thank god) that doesn't artificially shake the wheel out of your hands with gradient or track surface (Interlagos) that is really for those that don't use a lot of steering damping.

Spa is really really really a flick it in to maximise the understeer a bit track but being smooth with it. Its awkward in GR4 especially with how you have to drive the MCL, short shifting, letting it drift a bit and picking the right exit gears, just a lot going on if you want to be at the sharp end

Ahhh the frustration 😵😖

Nobody laughs when i wish them happy VD 🤷‍♂️

Also, your lost in the sauce.

The brain is conditioning..too many variables at once. A day away will help you feel what your actually feeling, instead of what you think you are. Also, for some reason i think there is some relationship between wheel size and int. For instance, with my 265mm wheel, all other things remaining untouched an int of 2 helps distinguish the inside, middle, and outside edges of the tire. When set to zero, its just some weird chattering. Caveat: this may be me being lost in the sauce.

Ps: this whole messing with the wheel sucks. I wish Sony / PD would produce a sick sdk/api which allowed us to put the dang wheel on auto and each car would have its own profile(on their end!) and feel how its supposed to feel irl. All the info received when actually driving is largely second hand anyway..through metal, rubber, and foam. At the end of the day, except velocity, its just vibration and oscillation. As for velocity just give the wheel a bit more weight determined by what your driving/tires(whatever details the engineer’s think matter lol!)

Last edited:
I recently changed my settings that allowed me to get gold with the Genesis-X around the Brathurst TT. I'll share later as I don't remember what they are now.
"international pointless day to spend more of my money"
:D :D :D So true.

I started to ask my wife on Monday, "What's going to be dinner on Wednesday as I think I want to go.." to which she cut me off and said " Ah, you know we're going out to dinner right? It's valentines!". :banghead: Guess I won't go for a night ride after work after all... LOL. I should probably run out and get a card and some chocolates. I mean, we've put up with each other for over 20 years. Isn't that love enough? :lol:

Last edited:
I don't have a girlfriend now, I'm single. I live with my mom and we keep in touch with my grandpa, cousins, aunts and uncles. So, most of my daily life I spend playing GT and other types of games. Lol, so I don't normally go to any special occasions on Valentine's day. I usually give my mom a card and fix her dinner and play romantic music. Guess I'll be grinding and racing at the Spa and Suzuka this week!

I don't have a girlfriend now, I'm single. I live with my mom and we keep in touch with my grandpa, cousins, aunts and uncles. So, most of my daily life I spend playing GT and other types of games. Lol, so I don't normally go to any special occasions on Valentine's day. I usually give my mom a card and fix her dinner and play romantic music. Guess I'll be grinding and racing at the Spa and Suzuka this week!
So what you're saying is, there's an upside to everything, right?

Back