GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,153 comments
I hypothetical dumb question. Why is race B not 6 laps this week? Come on, they could even squeeze in 8! So why 4? Is PD just trolling us.
Because since the game's release, PD have set their minds in stone to ensure Race B is never longer than 8 minutes and if it is, just barely... Which is dumb!

Last week was fun! I crashed a lot but otherwise the racing was great fun, as Bathurst usually is. First impressions of the new BOP were good too but I don't suppose we'll have a full idea how fast certain cars are for a few weeks, Bathurst is a drivers track instead of a car one so the fastest players can make anything work, there was one French guy winning half the races from the back in the JGTC Supra, with tuning on this week we won't know which cars are best in a normal race.

I need to try race A this week, that sounds like it could be absolute carnage 90% of the time but brilliant the other 10%

So, one Daily Race B, 6 seconds of wall penalties. 1.5 seconds on each lap. A combination of people being buttheads, and me still getting used to the tires.

I'm guessing the main strategy during these races is to prevent people from boarding you.

Anyone know which car is likely to be the best "tank" out there?

I hypothetical dumb question. Why is race B not 6 laps this week? Come on, they could even squeeze in 8! So why 4? Is PD just trolling us.
Of course they are. They are testing our patience and reactions on the track. Durn how many penalties can someone rack up in a race. I got a 7 second penalty on Lap 2 by ramming into another car and it wasn't even that hard. What's up with that nonsense? Honestly with all the carnage, bullies and the hitting the wall stuff, 4 laps is more than enough here. And the payouts aren't that big even when getting a CRB. The highest I got was $14,500 by placing third and earning a CRB.

Last edited:
Because since the game's release, PD have set their minds in stone to ensure Race B is never longer than 8 minutes and if it is, just barely... Which is dumb!
Someone mentioned on a stream last week that PD are going out of their way to ensure PS4 players have more than enough time to load into the race, finish, and sit through the glacial menu screens to register for the next race.

Maybe for update 2.00 they'll kill last gen support. :confused:

At the current average update rate, 21.5 annually, version 2.0 won't be out for another 2.5 years and, I'd bet, will be the last update and herald the coming of the end of online GT7. I suspect the average will drop over the course of the next year, so could extend EOL another year or two. Doubt they kill PS4 compatibility at any time in GT7's lifecycle. I'd even bet GT8 will be cross gen with next PS gen.

I could be wrong. They may have started with a higher or lower version than 1.0 and my average is off by a bit. Coulda' swore I saw a post somewhere, most likely by @Famine that showed all the versions of GT7. Didn't count 'em when I saw it and didn't pay attention to where it started, nor did I pay attention to the version when I first got the game, just updated it to current version since I was 10 months behind.

Kinda feels like a set up:P

But in all seriousness, give. The recent discussions about how thought is put into these…i’d love to hear their philosophy about race B. I have some ideas, but they’re pretty cynical

I'd imagine it's just about timing.

It's only a 20 min window, factor in lobby loading time outs, pre race presentation, auto drive and finally the full 90 second post race window plus the post race loading screen.

So looking at B they work backwards from give or take 10 mins and then just fit races to that gap. Especially when lobby pace can be quite different between A+ and everyone else 🤣

I've seen people suggest running the counter steering assist helps with riding the hits, might be a option that doesn't mean driving something ugly like the Genesis.
Hey there mr M.Power! I recognise your username from Rory streams.

You are a 911 enthusiast right? Reason I ask is that I am trying to improve my qually time for Daily B and I have no idea what to do with brake balance. What would you recommemd for the 911? I was thinking of trying two towards the rear (+2?)

Hey there mr M.Power! I recognise your username from Rory streams.

You are a 911 enthusiast right? Reason I ask is that I am trying to improve my qually time for Daily B and I have no idea what to do with brake balance. What would you recommemd for the 911? I was thinking of trying two towards the rear (+2?)
I haven't tried B this week because of the tuning but usually I run +2 on ABS default, on some tracks weak is faster but I have to run a BB further to the front there otherwise the rears start to lock in some of the more tricky braking zones.

I suck at Trial Mountain. Im good in the reverse direction but this normal way, I’m struggling to find pace.

@GrumpyOldMan your time is safe for now, but I’m nipping at your ankles.

I’m currently having the best luck with the BRZ. I may just stick with this car.

Race C was morphing into a bit of a Slowphy one-make last night. I couldn’t find the speed with that, set my best practice lap with the Lexus. It’s a bit of a handful in the race, shreds the tyres. My left front was dead for the last couple of laps. May have to try this tuning malarkey to fix things.

If things don't get better at TM, I'm gonna be forced to stick with the A and C races. I have had some crazy races tonight, I've done 11 so far from TM. PD's penalty system is broken here, I'm not joking.

Basically it is a narrow track with lots of rails, cliffs, tunnels and annoying chicanes. The last chicane really messed up one of my races that I was leading, I braked too late and missed the clip to the apex and ran smack into the wall which gave me a 1.5 sec penalty.

However as of today I've got 251 top five finishes out of the 837 that I've finished for the entire game, so that's something to be proud of, I only got 22 pole times. I think 1 out of my 11 races I did not get a penalty, the rest of them I got at least 2, so this is not fun TBH.

If things don't get better at TM, I'm gonna be forced to stick with the A and C races. I have had some crazy races tonight, I've done 11 so far from TM. PD's penalty system is broken here, I'm not joking.

Basically it is a narrow track with lots of rails, cliffs, tunnels and annoying chicanes. The last chicane really messed up one of my races that I was leading, I braked too late and missed the clip to the apex and ran smack into the wall which gave me a 1.5 sec penalty.

However as of today I've got 251 top five finishes out of the 837 that I've finished for the entire game, so that's something to be proud of, I only got 22 pole times. I think 1 out of my 11 races I did not get a penalty, the rest of them I got at least 2, so this is not fun TBH.
I ws thinking the same thing yesterday. So much of Daily B this week is going to hinge on Qually. Between the short race duration and the barrier penalties, mid-pack is going to be purgatory.

What a bloody **** show. Race B is an absolute joke. First, PD have once again failed to use any imagination what so ever and as for the 4 laps... stupid, really stupid. Well done PD.

As for all the idiots out there.., whats the point? Half of you spend most of your time serving penalties. Idiots :lol::lol::lol:

I seem to recall a lot of complaining about wall riding the last time TM was in rotation...they seem to have heard the call. Is it just me or did they actually crank the wall penalties up to '11' this go-round? I was never a 'rider' to begin with but now it seems you pick up a penalty if you even side-eye the barriers.🤣

Gonna be a fun week. Have to take a stab at A just to see how much of the track can be done sideways in a giant cloud of smoke. B seems kinda polarizing and heavily dependent on the lobby you get, but, the track tho...

As far as C goes, think I might do some laps but I really, really struggle with Brands. If I figure it out at all, it's usually on Sunday night right before it goes away.😁

See y'all out there and good luck!:cheers:

I seem to recall a lot of complaining about wall riding the last time TM was in rotation...they seem to have heard the call. Is it just me or did they actually crank the wall penalties up to '11' this go-round? I was never a 'rider' to begin with but now it seems you pick up a penalty if you even side-eye the barriers.🤣

Gonna be a fun week. Have to take a stab at A just to see how much of the track can be done sideways in a giant cloud of smoke. B seems kinda polarizing and heavily dependent on the lobby you get, but, the track tho...

As far as C goes, think I might do some laps but I really, really struggle with Brands. If I figure it out at all, it's usually on Sunday night right before it goes away.😁

See y'all out there and good luck!:cheers:
They certainly have cranked up the penalties in B. The slightest touch will get you 1.5secs and in that fast and furious race with every idiot to win on the first lap, your chances of escaping a penalty are slim.

It is insane, I got a 7 second penalty for barely hitting a driver which is bullcrap. Has PD raised the stakes up with the penalties? Durn! And I thought GV was worse.

Did an okay-ish QT in the McLaren on Trial Mountain yesterday, at 1:49.853. I simply used the setup from Lago Maggiore as it was also on RM tyres with lots of mid-high speed corners. Setup shared below and also in the description of the video - the rear ARB needs to be lowered for the Race due to the added weight of the fuel.

IMG_8681.JPG

Then proceeded to do 3 races where I, again, struggled with Race Pace (only at High 1:51's). Finished 6th in the first two at mixed A+/A lobby, and barely won the 3rd (by 0.2s, A lobby) after leading for 2.5s for the entire race and got a 1.5s wall penalty for hitting the inside corner (?).

With that win, I managed the unthinkable.
C11B7E78-5FA9-4D86-A0E7-D5264F177863.JPEG

I know I am still a good second or two per lap off the actual A+ guys race pace in Gr.3/4, and will probably got dumped straight back to DR A when I race more this week, but I am still thrilled of the fact that I reached A+, once.

So it took me a bit more than 2 months switching from controller (Old account where I was only high B/low A on DR) to a wheel (on a new account) and achieved DR A+, using mostly Gr.3/4 McLaren machineary (Except the week where Daily C was on Daytona). I could never have done that without the advices and friendly competition from all of you here, a huge THANK YOU to every of you!

79DCF83C-36A4-4905-9C10-A65927B04301.JPEG

Race status of this new account. Most wins were achieved back when I was building DR, not exactly expecting to add to that anytime soon!

Did an okay-ish QT in the McLaren on Trial Mountain yesterday, at 1:49.853. I simply used the setup from Lago Maggiore as it was also on RM tyres with lots of mid-high speed corners. Setup shared below and also in the description of the video - the rear ARB needs to be lowered for the Race due to the added weight of the fuel.
Thanks for the sanity check. Was making adjustments last night while running qualifying laps and the car felt solid (911). Could NOT figure-out where my steering went through the first sector during the race. Total 'duh' moment when I read that.🤣

Nice work and congratulations on the progress!! Keep up the good work, always reachin' for those times on my leaderboard. Got some work ahead of me this week.😁

Reminds me, there's still a couple folks here I have to get on my list...for some reason, @TechnoIsLove does not appear on my list. As a fellow Saab appreciator, I need to fix that.👍

:cheers:

Thanks for the sanity check. Was making adjustments last night while running qualifying laps and the car felt solid (911). Could NOT figure-out where my steering went through the first sector during the race. Total 'duh' moment when I read that.🤣

Nice work and congratulations on the progress!! Keep up the good work, always reachin' for those times on my leaderboard. Got some work ahead of me this week.😁

Reminds me, there's still a couple folks here I have to get on my list...for some reason, @TechnoIsLove does not appear on my list. As a fellow Saab appreciator, I need to fix that.👍

:cheers:
Feel free to add me, same PSN username as here :)

In my time last night, I would just have to seemingly look at a wall and I would get a penalty. Ok, perhaps that is an exaggeration but just brushing a mirror on the wall, yes, that'll be 1.5s for you sir. It is touchy at best!

Overall, it drive me nuts. My general dislike for Trial Mountain got cranked up to 11. I'll just skip this week.

I have not tried C yet, but just QTing A and that was hilarious. Group B on CS is wild to say the least. Got my best time sliding the Pikes Peak car around. May try a few of those races until my SR takes a nose dive which it invariably will with the permanently out of control feel of those cars.

Last edited:

View attachment 1334274

Then proceeded to do 3 races where I, again, struggled with Race Pace (only at High 1:51's). Finished 6th in the first two at mixed A+/A lobby, and barely won the 3rd (by 0.2s, A lobby) after leading for 2.5s for the entire race and got a 1.5s wall penalty for hitting the inside corner (?).

With that win, I managed the unthinkable.
View attachment 1334275

Super strong result there! Well done.

For the 650S tune where are you putting brake bias on this?

Back