GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,154 comments
Thanks for the sanity check. Was making adjustments last night while running qualifying laps and the car felt solid (911). Could NOT figure-out where my steering went through the first sector during the race. Total 'duh' moment when I read that.šŸ¤£

Nice work and congratulations on the progress!! Keep up the good work, always reachin' for those times on my leaderboard. Got some work ahead of me this week.šŸ˜

I would expect all MR cars will require a softer rear end in race trim. In my first race with the QT setup the rear end just kept sliding in T1-3. Almost learnt the hard way myself! Thank you so much for kind words, I will keep pushing.

@AdxRE your setup is immense, thank you for sharing it mate!

Do you have your ghost shared as well?

No worries man, glad it helps!

Didnā€™t know I can share the ghost while out of Top 100 - may you share how I can do that?

Super strong result there! Well done.

For the 650S tune where are you putting brake bias on this?

Thanks man, appreciate it! My BB is at 0 in both QT and Race.

Great achievement mate. Very good race time in that last win too!

Last edited:
Didnā€™t know I can share the ghost while out of Top 100 - may you share how I can do that?
Firstly thank you, my results are a little skewed as I'm a B rated driver (@GrumpyOldMan :) )

My other accounts the ratio looks a lot better but you might as well wear your heart on your sleeve in these things.

• on to the instructions,
  • save your best lap replay from the menu
  • go to showcase it will be the latest save file and you can use the share icon from their.
  • friends who follow you can see it but if you add tags then people searching can see it and load it.

I've seen people suggest running the counter steering assist helps with riding the hits, might be a option that doesn't mean driving something ugly like the Genesis.
Thanks. I already run with CA, in Gr.3 cars. :)
@GrumpyOldMan your time is safe for now, but Iā€™m nipping at your ankles.
I thought that was just my old shoes giving me trouble.
If things don't get better at TM, I'm gonna be forced to stick with the A and C races. I have had some crazy races tonight, I've done 11 so far from TM. PD's penalty system is broken here, I'm not joking.
Agree 100%. It's not the first time here at TM. I was just remembering how I had made a comment like "Don't even LOOK at the walls and kerbs" at TM, one of the last times we did it.
As for all the idiots out there.., whats the point? Half of you spend most of your time serving penalties. Idiots :lol::lol::lol:
I'm one of those idiots, and I couldn't agree more.
Firstly thank you, my results are a little skewed as I'm a B rated driver (@GrumpyOldMan :) )
I just finally got dropped back down into B, which means I've been P2 in each of my last 2 races. Starting P2 beats the hell out of P14. Same results, though. DNF in every race due to my bad driving and penalties.

My other accounts the ratio looks a lot better but you might as well wear your heart on your sleeve in these things.

• on to the instructions,
  • save your best lap replay from the menu
  • go to showcase it will be the latest save file and you can use the share icon from their.
  • friends who follow you can see it but if you add tags then people searching can see it and load it.
To be clear though, it will not show up on the leaderboard as a reply unless it was a top 10 at some point. So get the friends set lap replay you have to search for it in the showcase and then add it to your collection. Then in ghosts, you select the ghost time from the collection.

Someone mentioned on a stream last week that PD are going out of their way to ensure PS4 players have more than enough time to load into the race, finish, and sit through the glacial menu screens to register for the next race.

Maybe for update 2.00 they'll kill last gen support. :confused:
I canā€™t believe that Sony doesnā€™t use this as an opportunity to force people into moving to PS 5. I know PD wants to include as many people as possible, but Sony has dollar signs in their eyes and this is the sort of thing that could force a switch. No offense to my PS4 friends here, Iā€™m just having a hard time believing Sony hasnā€™t forced the issue.

Ok, so I finally found where I was losing time on Trial Mountain. A simple gear change at a couple of places and I dropped two seconds off my time this evening. Sorry to muck up everyoneā€™s leaderboard.

I ran a bunch of races, starting mostly from the rear and finishing there as well. I fully expected to drop to DR B tonight, but I was actually gaining points in P10 because of the top end guys I was racing with! Weird, but Iā€™ll take it. A couple of ridiculous collisions and one forced spin into a wall knocked my SR down, but I was able to get everything back to where I started before I decided to quit while the quitting was good!

I agree Nebu, they have that soft feel and consistent flow to driving. I also think the Group B races are killing fun at Maggiore. It's nice to see a different combination of cars to choose from, and it's a very short lap session for qualifying. So far I've done about 20 races at TM, so I'm gonna get ready for bed in a little bit. I will take a break Thursday and most of Friday.

Cool, I wasn't sure if it was him because Alex Albon. I wish he had included the next race too where we had a good 1:1 battle (and I ended up winning :D).
Did I add you on my friends list? I have so many I can't keep up with it all. I'm going to bed in a few minutes.

Last edited:
I canā€™t believe that Sony doesnā€™t use this as an opportunity to force people into moving to PS 5. I know PD wants to include as many people as possible, but Sony has dollar signs in their eyes and this is the sort of thing that could force a switch. No offense to my PS4 friends here, Iā€™m just having a hard time believing Sony hasnā€™t forced the issue.
HEY...I'm one of THOSE racers on antique, hamster-driven hardware, what of it??? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

My roadmap on this one goes like this (we can circle back to the fact that nobody asked later): Once they release the PS5 Pro, the entry point for the 'standard' will come down. Armed with that, I anticipate them starting to drop PS4 support thereafter. Assuming this will start at/around the Holidays, maybe?

That is, admittedly, a very narrow view. I have no idea what kind of numbers/money the PS4 ecosystem is generating for them around the world. In the end, I'd assume the player base is what will end PS4 support.

As an aside, if you'd like to help the overall adoption of the PS5, and get us troglodytes outta your sandbox, I will gladly accept anyone's extra PS5 they have laying about to replace my aged platform. Heck, I might even pay the shipping.šŸ˜

:cheers:

As an aside, if you'd like to help the overall adoption of the PS5, and get us troglodytes outta your sandbox, I will gladly accept anyone's extra PS5 they have laying about to replace my aged platform. Heck, I might even pay the shipping.šŸ˜
I work in a pawn shop. I can tell you that we get PS5 consoles once a month, or so.
If you have one near you, it may be worth taking a look to see if you can find a used one to save a few bucks. šŸ‘

I work in a pawn shop. I can tell you that we get PS5 consoles once a month, or so.
If you have one near you, it may be worth taking a look to see if you can find a used one to save a few bucks. šŸ‘
Absolutely love Pawn Shops. Picked up a functional Nakamichi Dragon for $100 when I was out in Arizona years ago. I'm hoping the PS5 Pro comes in @ $599 or so. If that's the case, I should be good. Really, would be a repeat of how it went down for me with the PS4 Pro. Here's to hoping! šŸ‘

I need to get back on TM this evening. Wanted to take @AdxRE settings for a run to see how far into the 50's I could get. Not sure 49's are on the table but will be tryin'.šŸ˜

If you had caught me a couple months ago I could have helped you out. I had a weird HDMI issue with my PS5, a common problem but I didnā€™t have the time to get it repaired. I sold it cheap and bought a new ā€œslimā€ model to replace it. I would have just donated it to your cause if I had known, and let you repair it. Ah well. @sturk0167 makes an excellent point.

Ok, so tl;dr YAY!
Iā€™d forgotten how much I like Trial Mountain. After a couple of dicey races last night Iā€™ve settled into a nice set of races there. Iā€™m about equal with the AMG ā€˜20 and the 911, but Iā€™m a lot more comfortable with the 911 so itā€™s my go-to car for now.

Iā€™m testing a lot of different cars for Race B because of the BoP changes. By the numbers, WRX and the Lancer should both be competitive because theyā€™ve got great power, but they just donā€™t work for me. I tried tuning and also stock and no luck. I canā€™t figure out what makes one car so much better than another when the numbers say otherwise. I think PD is trying to figure it out too, amiright?! šŸŽ¤

I forgot to try the R8, the BRZ and the RCZ which have been showing up. The RCZ is a perfect example of a car that shouldnā€™t work but does. Maybe itā€™s just someone really good who chose Peugeot as their brand in the Manu series?

What other cars are doing well for you other than the Lexus, which wants to murder me?

Do you have some insight on the tuning this week? Is it the same as every other week? The elevation changes are what keep me from going too soft like in the past, but I may be completely wrong!

I didnā€™t expect to be doing so many Races B this week, but Iā€™m loving the test-car aspect of it with the new BoP! Iā€™m no good at Brands Hatch, a total menace to society, so I wonā€™t bother killing myself and everyone around me in that race. Iā€™ll save everyone the heartache.

If you had caught me a couple months ago I could have helped you out. I had a weird HDMI issue with my PS5, a common problem but I didnā€™t have the time to get it repaired. I sold it cheap and bought a new ā€œslimā€ model to replace it. I would have just donated it to your cause if I had known, and let you repair it. Ah well. @sturk0167 makes an excellent point.

Do you have some insight on the tuning this week? Is it the same as every other week? The elevation changes are what keep me from going too soft like in the past, but I may be completely wrong!
Appreciate the thought and all good! Sorry you went through the frustration, though...hate buying new stuff that doesn't work/breaks too soon.šŸ¤¬

As for tuning at TM, @AdxRE posted their set-up (see below) that I've yet to try. They're running the 650S, I'm in the 911. To be honest, the only difference between what they're running and where I'm at is a firmer front end and rear bar set-up. I'm currently @ 22/32 on the shocks and the front-end is coming off the ground through T2. Makes setting up T3 difficult when the tires hangin' up there just enjoying the breeze. To your point, hoping some more resistance on the front axle helps alleviate that. Car is solid everywhere else.

Of course, I think you're faster than me so YMMV.šŸ˜

EDIT: ADxRe's settings they provided on previous page
1709738683880.png

Last edited:
Good news is I can finally do a clean lap at Brands without binning it! (a track Iā€™d always avoided). Bad news is Iā€™m off the pace for B/S lobbies and losing DR (QT 1:32, race pace 1:33-4).

Iā€™ve been using the Cayman as itā€™s so well balanced which helps at such a tricky track. Is anyone else using it? Despite appearing on the leaderboard, it seems a lot slower than the Renault. Is it? Or is the Caymanā€™s lack of pace b/c of me? Should I switch to the Renault?

Edit - answered my own question! Just did a 1:30.8 QT in the Megane in cockpit view without a tune. Itā€™s quicker than the Cayman!

New question - what tunes are yā€™ll using if any? Iā€™ve noticed we can even change camber and toe this weekend (which I understand better than spring rates!).

@mellofellow9 - if my wife hadnā€™t given me a PS5 for my birthday Iā€™d still be racing on my old PS4! Wonder how much impact the end of GTS sport mode has had on the number of PS4 players? You and I were still racing GTS until the bitter end!

Last edited:
Iā€™m testing a lot of different cars for Race B because of the BoP changes. By the numbers, WRX and the Lancer should both be competitive because theyā€™ve got great power, but they just donā€™t work for me. I tried tuning and also stock and no luck. I canā€™t figure out what makes one car so much better than another when the numbers say otherwise. I think PD is trying to figure it out too, amiright?! šŸŽ¤
The Lancer was my go-to gr3 car before the "Great Physics Reckoning" of about a year ago. Boy, did they massacre that car in that update. I took it out at bathurst last week for some runs and got within 5-6 tenths of my better times in just a few laps, so it might be viable again. I haven't picked a Manu Series car yet, I'm kinda watching these reports, so keep 'em coming.

I haven't really tried TM this week, I'm still traumatized from the short watkins races a couple weeks ago. It just feels too desperate and it doesn't hurt to take a break every now and then. Good to hear some are having a decent time there this week. (And me and gr4 don't get along too well).

Nothing for me this week.

Read enough here to avoid Trial Mountain and I'm not to keen on the track anyway.

Tried a few laps around Brands Hatch but I cannot find a Gr.4 car I like round there. I'm not only slow, all the cars I tried felt weird and uncomfortable. I really dislike Gr.4. I tried one race on my alt account (mid B DR) and started last, so I would be on a hiding to nothing to carry on. I never do any tuning either but my lack of skill is the problem.

Tried one lap of Race A. After years of playing Dirt Rally and the WRC games i just cannot fathom these cars in Gran Turismo. So very strange.

Hope those participating are having a good one.

Might try some practice for the Manufacturers that starts in a couple of week (missed the start of Nations so not doing that either), or move over to ACC at the weekend.

Last edited:
What happens if I join a daily race on a US account? Do I get put in a lobby with only Americas accounts? And if so, is there a way to get put on european lobbies using a US account? I'm guessing no, but say I moved to europe from the US, would I be forced to create a new account?

What happens if I join a daily race on a US account? Do I get put in a lobby with only Americas accounts?
Yes.
And if so, is there a way to get put on european lobbies using a US account?
No.
but say I moved to europe from the US, would I be forced to create a new account?
No. You could still use your Americas account, and you'd be in American lobbies with other Americas accounts.

Last edited:
TM is a race of smiles and cries.

You can do completely fine (for me pole to wins or 3/4th) and others you are pole to last either with penalties or other peoples ambition.

I've won 5 this week and quit 5 this week, way down on number of races because of life and family stuff.

It needs 2 more laps to just calm things down a bit. It's a B race so never going to be complicated but surely they could find a pairing to stretch this race out.....looking at you tuned road cars in this race!!!

Prioritising qually time and clean driving paid huge dividends for me today at trial mountain.

After investing plenty of time, managed a 1:51 flat in the 911 which was good enough for top 3 on my B/S grids. Then got 4 podiums in a row, just by being consistent and getting ahead of trouble!

I've said it before, and today validated it for me - investing in practice and QT before races is the single biggest contributing factor to building DR.

Prioritising qually time and clean driving paid huge dividends for me today at trial mountain.

After investing plenty of time, managed a 1:51 flat in the 911 which was good enough for top 3 on my B/S grids. Then got 4 podiums in a row, just by being consistent and getting ahead of trouble!

I've said it before, and today validated it for me - investing in practice and QT before races is the single biggest contributing factor to building DR.
I spend Monday nights just doing QT, I have some highly fast/competitive friends and use them as a yard stick.

I just do QT laps both for pace and familiarity, it even rolls to Tuesday sometimes when I don't feel my time is good enough or my driving consistent enough.

Then I race. Usually starting better for B/A lobbies and can keep multi lap pace which is the key.

Different topic:

There is something up with the TM race.

For some reason the cars lose grip, no damage or extra wear on the tires. Having done enough laps around here even when I brake earlier the turn in is just understeer.

There is something not right with either wheel things or game things here.

Back