GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,308 comments
Anyone knowing the next daily races for next week?

Here is my striving for Top 100 in the current Daily Race C. 🙂 What is your current record?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first read that, I didn't realize you were going for the pun there - I honestly read it as you saying you only play while strung-out or high. I mean, you wouldn't be the first one who admitted to something like that. I had a good laugh a few seconds later as I understood the context. Thanks for putting a big smile on my face!

That is hilarious! I actually had something like that happen IRL on the freeway at 75 mph - that was not funny!!
😂 I thought about building a typo by purpose with playing weird, that’s what I read, when I see my post 😂

That's true. Fuel weight and tyre wear affect you, in FP you have no fuel weight and no tyre wear
Oh, thanks for that hind

I had a go at race C last night. I spent a couple of hours trying various cars but my QT times just seemed slow over all the cars. I wouldn't call myself lead footed but with many of the cars, I was oversteering out into the wall coming out of the tight right handers. It was quite demoralizing. It must be a camber issue in the corners that causes the car to want to pull right on acceleration?

I was starting to settle on the '13 version of the GT-R as I found that quicker and more drivable than the '18 version after trying out about 10 cars but I was still at a 1:30.0xx QT when I pulled out the 911 RSR. I'd previously started with that but wasn't getting on with it. After two hours of driving oversteery cars the understeery 911 was a relief and I got a low 1:29 time almost instantly. After a few more laps to get in the groove I settle on that.

Not sure how my QT was (which is still way off my "friends" here - BTW I don't see many of you on the C board so either you unfriended me or you're not racing it yet), but I jumped into a race.

I QT in 10, and after watching SuperGT video on race C, I'd decided on a strategy of 5M/8S. I lost a couple spots in lap 1, but in the end the strategy worked well enough with pit timing. It mostly put me in clear track and I worked my way up to an 8th spot finish with my softs able to out brake a couple of medium runners that had not come in yet.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230518015253.jpg

So I'm still pretty slow at the moment (I just can't figure out how to be quicker at the moment) but I'm still pleased as it was still a (small) DR gain.

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned... A race with no ramming, no dirty play and no sneezes. Started and finished P2 with close racing all the way and really enjoyed it 😁

Could've taken the lead a couple of times but would have meant forcing P1 off (without contact) so didn't go for it both times.

Missed out on fastest lap by 0.005 but still, had fun 😁 Wish the ratio of good to bad races would increase though.. it's at 1 out of 1,000,000 for me at the moment 🤣

Improved main account time too and had a decent race as well. 😁

Attachments

• 1882fa3773d98-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1882fa3773d98-screenshotUrl.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1882fa390b433-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1882fa390b433-screenshotUrl.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 12
  • 1882fa3a1cc26-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1882fa3a1cc26-screenshotUrl.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 1882fe241d532-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1882fe241d532-screenshotUrl.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 1882fe2c98731-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1882fe2c98731-screenshotUrl.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Agree, C has been pretty clean in my B/C lobbies (even with most of the drivers below S; still not sure why I’m in lobbies with so many of them?).

I’m also slow here, but as TheNormsk says, pit and tyre strategy can help a lot in this race, as can staying out of trouble (letting the aggressive drivers pass and just focus on consistent laptimes).

I tried to pit for softs really early (lap 1 or 2) in the RSR and get the undercut. Worked once, but the other two times my left rear was so cooked by lap 12 (all red!) that I crashed and lost position.

Last edited:
Anyone knowing the next daily races for next week?
I've now heard from multiple sources that the next race A is at Goodwood, B is at Deep Forest, and C is at the Nurburgring 24 hour course, in Gr.3 cars, with rain. 🌧️
No info yet on the cars for races A & B.
I hope race A uses streets cars. I've had a lot of fun racing there, in the past. They used the V-6 Clio multiple times. 👍

Last edited:
I tried to pit for softs really early (lap 1 or 2) in the RSR and get the undercut. Worked once, but the other two times my left rear was so cooked by lap 12 (all red!) that I crashed and lost position.
I decided against that after watching SuperGT's video so stuck with 5M/8S. That gave about 80% wear on the rear left. I don't understand the term "undercut" though. What is that.
... C is at the Nurburgring 24 hour course, in Gr.3 cars, with rain. 🌧️
No. I suck at that. It look me a lot of effort just to get into the top 10% in the current time trial... Perhaps I need to go back and do more TTing to practice for Race C..

Today's races have been a mixed bag.

Race 1 - Start P2 and finish P2 with (2nd account) no problems and always within a car length or 2 of P1.

Race 2 - Start P7 on main account and finish P5 but was part of 2 multi-car incidents.

Incident 1: Cars make contact in front of me on uphill chicane end of lap 1. One guy rejoins a bit wrecklessly and then seemed to brake-check me?!

Incident 2: Still stuck in P7 after 2 more laps, clearly faster than the 2 in front. They make contact multiple times but this time, they really slow each other on the chicane before end of sector 1. I took my chance and overtook both on the inside, slight contact with both but no drama as door-on-door at low speed.

Finish P5. I then manage a 1:25:4 qualy lap whilst waiting for the next race to start. Gain 0.2 seconds, start 3 positions further back 🤣

Race 3 - Start P10 and it's chaos from the start. People punting, overshooting braking points, forcing each other out, etc.

I try to steer clear and take advantage of this madness. Avoided quite a few blatant attempts from others to take me out but made up 4 positions overall and finished P6. Karma was on my side 😁

Race 2 and 3 replays below.

Attachments

• 1882fe2c98731-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1882fe2c98731-screenshotUrl.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 10
I'm afraid to even try any more races at Atlanta this week. After yesterday's/last night's fiascos, my DR B percentage is down to 43%. And the worst part is it's almost all due to my bad choices and lack of skill.

But I did get a good laugh during one race last night. On lap 1 coming out of the esses, I made a horrible decision and ended up sending me and one other guy deep into the sand. That wasn't funny, of course, and I felt bad for what I did to the other guy. Here's the funny part: As he was passing me getting out of the sand, he honked at me.

It was such an unexpected real-world everyday kind of thing (in LA at least), and totally cracked me up. ... Maybe you had to be there...

EDIT:

Well, this was unexpected:

1684447435303.png

Admittedly I did not win from Pole position, but all-in-all, I'm thrilled.

I switched to the Silvia and I'm amazed at how well it handles (with a few assists turned on) - there's a reason it's one of the Metas. I kind of like this black-and-white theme I've got going on here too. I think I need to change my helmet though - the yellow just looks out of place.

Last edited:
Raced with @Famine tonight apparently....
(I know this wasn't you)

Firstly the behaviour in this video really rubbed off on the people behind and some maintained their decorum and others not so much.

I won the race in the end but my god pretending to be famine and watching the 1 poison apple infect nearly a whole lobby is disheartening. This was a Daily B btw so a ranked race. :(

Edit: this was a B/S lobby but top end ish for B qualifying times one the whole with a circa 900-1400th QTs

For clarity it's my view, I have the radar on but replays only show the track map. It's recorded from my phone but I can and should upload to my channel the whole replay but I wasn't thinking.

Also for clarity and transparency my PSN is gcooley66 and my name really is Glen.

The pre race messages in the lobby were "THE BOSS OF GTPLANET" from the weird dude

Edit 2: they read the forum as I have a comment on my video from them.

What motivates a person to be such a .....ing troll and ruin people's races when they are pretty damn quick. Just Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid to even try any more races at Atlanta this week. After yesterday's/last night's fiascos, my DR B percentage is down to 43%. And the worst part is it's almost all due to my bad choices and lack of skill.

But I did get a good laugh during one race last night. On lap 1 coming out of the esses, I made a horrible decision and ended up sending me and one other guy deep into the sand. That wasn't funny, of course, and I felt bad for what I did to the other guy. Here's the funny part: As he was passing me getting out of the sand, he honked at me.

It was such an unexpected real-world everyday kind of thing (in LA at least), and totally cracked me up. ... Maybe you had to be there...

EDIT:

Well, this was unexpected:

View attachment 1257610

Admittedly I did not win from Pole position, but all-in-all, I'm thrilled.

I switched to the Silvia and I'm amazed at how well it handles (with a few assists turned on) - there's a reason it's one of the Metas. I kind of like this black-and-white theme I've got going on here too. I think I need to change my helmet though - the yellow just looks out of place.
I've been having a good time at Road Atlanta in the Mustang.
mustang GIF

As he was passing me getting out of the sand, he honked at me.

Lol, it's cos the Silvia in game is technically a tuned up road car, so the horn is still present.

I do wish they'd remove this for Sport mode races as is quite annoying at times in road car races.

Though I admit to blasting it out when my Mini tune had me 30 seconds ahead of the field at the Goodwood Race A some months back. Very satisfying :lol:

Well, congratulations to this guy for making the list. And, by making the list, I mean that the next time he sees me, there's gonna be a "misunderstanding".
Must be something about that stretch of track...

And this was after I'd already been spun at the chicane on Lap 1. So we're battling for 11th, a mile behind the pack.

Safe to say he is on my list

Can someone explain where the track penalties are on T5 at Atlanta? (That's the hard left turn at the end of the Esses). This is the leader on the QT board, and I could have sworn this would give him a penalty, yet it doesn't:

1684497621042.png

1684497634788.png

1684497657078.png

1684497671348.png

I've gotten plenty of .5 second penalties on this turn in the past, and I thought I understood what I did to get them, but now I'm clueless (which is not uncommon, TBH).

Can someone explain where the track penalties are on T5 at Atlanta? (That's the hard left turn at the end of the Esses). This is the leader on the QT board, and I could have sworn this would give him a penalty, yet it doesn't:

View attachment 1257711

View attachment 1257712

View attachment 1257713

View attachment 1257714

I've gotten plenty of .5 second penalties on this turn in the past, and I thought I understood what I did to get them, but now I'm clueless (which is not uncommon, TBH).
I don't know for certain but as long as I have a tire over this line I usually avoid a penalty. I'm not sure how far out you can go but I always try to get a tire on the trackside of this area.

Attachments

• 1684497657078.png
    1684497657078.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 12
Back