GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,501 comments
Race A is good fun. This little Miata always delivers. Got the Q time down to a 04.521. Had some really good races with "Bob." Some fun, close battles. I just wish it was five laps rather than three...

7211a8387d1055884df8a27cdce0bc62_photo.webp

Side-by-side through the bus-stop? Sure, why not...

33d0b55877ac837904bcd7cd9550e834_photo.webp

31331c7f68e62ae204b45b7d88b897fa_photo.webp

Gonna try C tonight. Curious if anyone has had to use both Wets and IMs? Recall at the recent long Spa race with weather that I chose IMs but it got wet enough that even they were too sketchy.

Tried Daytona today. Love the Mazda TC, won a lot of races in it at Kyoto and Tskuba, but man is it loose on those SHs! Crappy tires are good for car control, but who irl would race on SHs?

I was NOT expecting such a late-night treat this evening! After such a nice race in the afternoon on my 2nd account, I was expecting a return to normality i.e. being hit and rammed from Brasil to Australia as soon as I logged in the main account.

I was wrong, and I am very happy about it! 😊

I jumped into a race and with 6 minutes to kill, I tried to improve on my 1:39:260 time and wouldn't you know it, I almost broke into the 1:38's by setting a new PB of 1:39:0 🥳

The race started and initially, I wasn't happy! Setting that time only to start in P9 with everyone being extremely fast! However, even though I lost a position early (dude would finish in P3 after starting in P10) I kept my calm and continued on...

As things started looking good, I had to also hold my nerves lol and thankfully, I did. Crossed the line literally neck and neck with P5 in front to grab a very satisfying P6 before heading to bed! 🥳

Gnite 😊

1717541472732.jpeg
1717541480948.jpeg

1717541498825.jpeg
1717541508964.jpeg

Gonna try C tonight. Curious if anyone has had to use both Wets and IMs? Recall at the recent long Spa race with weather that I chose IMs but it got wet enough that even they were too sketchy.

Tried Daytona today. Love the Mazda TC, won a lot of races in it at Kyoto and Tskuba, but man is it loose on those SHs! Crappy tires are good for car control, but who irl would race on SHs?
Hade to use IM in 1 of 3 races…it’s long, 40 minutes

I was in a mixed C and D lobby last night. Qualified at P11 of 15 but was at P9 before the race began due to people bailing out. Finished last at P5. Everybody else quit. No rain. Most were so spread out it was like a 24 lap TT. All 5 of us gained DR!

Yup. I gave up. Qualifying first and racing against A+ S rank drivers made zero difference. Dive bombing and just nasty behaviour.

Not sure why the sudden influx of dirty players.
Had 1 driver complaining constantly of everyone being dirty in my races on Monday. He would run the race like it was qualifying and ignore that anyone else was on track. He considered having someone on his inside not vanish when he turned in or someone brake at a different spot as horrible dirty moves.

Big difference between that and the bump pass and dive barge trolls I used to see. Outside of him my races were all really close and clean. Most small bumps being from squirms under braking and exiting the hairpins

Got a wet race yesterday, and the IMs were just about coping - there was just a very small bar above the top line.

I did see somebody pit to change from wets to IMs and, bizarrely, somebody pitted with IMs and came out again on IMs!

Had 1 driver complaining constantly of everyone being dirty in my races on Monday. He would run the race like it was qualifying and ignore that anyone else was on track. He considered having someone on his inside not vanish when he turned in or someone brake at a different spot as horrible dirty moves.

Big difference between that and the bump pass and dive barge trolls I used to see. Outside of him my races were all really close and clean. Most small bumps being from squirms under braking and exiting the hairpins
Did you, by any chance, drive against Max Verstappen!? 😜 Not being funny but that is exactly how he does sim racing! Be it in F1, GT7 or iRacing - he is ALWAYS going to take the apex, always! It is your job to make sure you are not in his way or else there is going to be contact.

100% for real, and it is a massive reason why he and others like him (who do this) win a lot of their races! Regardless of who they might take out by being faster, if you are in their apex and slower, someone gonna get a hurtin, real bad! 😂

I think even Kireth had done a video about the same exact thing (also about M.Ver) and he showed quite a few clips of him doing that!

Last edited:
Took 4TH in daily C today, could of had third if it weren't GT7's finest players...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finally a week of interesting Dailies! Always love a MX-5 Touring Daily, did have fun in the previous Daily A combo of MX-5 and Tsukuba and this week is no exception. SH tyre seems to be a fine match to the car which makes it tail happy but not undriveable - I really hope this combo is for Daily C instead of A as I too think 3 laps is simply not enough @GOTMAXPOWER @Talon16 - driving at this grip level for 10+ laps would be a real fun challenge.

Also did an unthinkable QT - I managed the 11th Fastest time on the Global Leaderboard (Tuesday evening at a low participation Daily I know, but still)...

IMG_0895.JPG

I reckon there is another 2/10th in it in infield but that bus stop section was as good as my skill level permits.

IMG_0896.JPG

Also got 2 wins in 2 races, starting P2 in both and I reckon that is the best grid position for this race as I basically stayed behind P1 and bump draft him for 2.75 laps and make my move after the final trip to the bus stop/pass when P1 get penalty at bus stop.

IMG_0894.JPG

603AAEB6-54C6-4094-BBB4-B2296A1F6D9B.JPEG

Last edited:

I think this is the case most of the time. We percieve others as dirty while we are not concidering how our driving comes across to them.

Last edited:

I'm super curious on who that player is if its an Asia-Oceania driver. Feel free to DM me here so I might have an idea.

Did some qualifying laps for Race A last night. It does seem that it helped me a little to have TCS at level 1.

Last edited:
I swear PD and GT7 is just getting ridiculously stupid. The way cars react and how penalties are dished out is nothing but laughable.

Race C, which I just quit from, should be great fun but for those 2 points above....

1. two idiots smashing each other, I try and stay out of the way in the twisty section.., one smashes the other into me and I go off circuit. No one gets a penalty!
2. two more idiots, after I catch up to the pack, smashing each other.., I try and stay out of the way.., one gets hit again, smashes into me and goes off circuit. I get a 4 sec penalty! WTF :ouch:
3. starts raining and an instant ice ring appears in place of tarmac. Traction control, throttle control make no difference trying to get to the pits so I give up. What a ridiculously futile waste of time. So, I quit. No point wasting my time on such stupidy.

I can tell you, from personal experience on track in such conditions that the above scenario is just an absolute joke. Perhaps those idiots at PD need to get out on track and find out what real driving is all about.

The Real Driving simulator - don't make me laugh.

I think this is the case most of the time. We percieve others as dirty while we are not concidering how our driving comes across to them.
I agree, I have reviewed a lot of my races, particularly when I have felt other drivers have been overly aggresive . Many times, on review, it looked like I was the one who was overly aggressive but they felt like legitimate moves from the cockpit in the heat of battle, not so much on review.
You definitely need to be aggressive to some extent or you’re going to get punked all day long.
One other note, because the camera position makes you the stationary vehicle, it always looks like the other car is moving erratically or aggressive, I usually view myself from the position of 2 cars back to see who is at fault.

Last edited:
I usually view myself from the position of 2 cars back to see who is at fault
This is exactly how I do it as well as you start to understand the context much better it also allows a better view of the gaps or any pin balling that might of happened.

I also love how it shows the reality so the gaps sometimes and what I thought they were can differ wildly both attacking and defending

This is exactly how I do it as well as you start to understand the context much better it also allows a better view of the gaps or any pin balling that might of happened.

I also love how it shows the reality so the gaps sometimes and what I thought they were can differ wildly both attacking and defending
One of my moves is, when racing someone to a corner, I know they are going to come in too hot and carry long, I will slow down early and take the inside line. When they don’t carry as long as I expected, now I’m dive-bombing. It works great in lower lobby races, not so much with better drivers. It’s much easier to see that on replay, that’s a move I need to maybe use a little less.
Live and learn.

Last edited:
I'd also add that the rearview mirror and radar can influence our perception as well.

Seeing someone constantly close in on you makes it feel like they are lunging all the time when in reality they are just doing what they should most of the time and it's the braking concertina effect but visually while playing it looks and feels overly aggressive when the reality is all rather chilled from their view.

Last edited:
I'd also add that the rearview mirror and radar can influence our perception as well.

Seeing someone constantly close in on you makes it feel like they are lunging all the time when in reality they are just doing what they should most of the time and it's the braking concertina effect but visually while playing it looks and feels overly aggressive when the reality is all rather chilled from their view.
Ya, I saw that yesterday. I got bumped from behind going into a corner, I was pretty pissed. I reviewed it from his cockpit and it turns out I brake-checked him.

Finally a week of interesting Dailies! Always love a MX-5 Touring Daily, did have fun in the previous Daily A combo of MX-5 and Tsukuba and this week is no exception. SH tyre seems to be a fine match to the car which makes it tail happy but not undriveable - I really hope this combo is for Daily C instead of A as I too think 3 laps is simply not enough @GOTMAXPOWER @Talon16 - driving at this grip level for 10+ laps would be a real fun challenge.

Also did an unthinkable QT - I managed the 11th Fastest time on the Global Leaderboard (Tuesday evening at a low participation Daily I know, but still)...

View attachment 1362126

I reckon there is another 2/10th in it in infield but that bus stop section was as good as my skill level permits.

View attachment 1362127

Also got 2 wins in 2 races, starting P2 in both and I reckon that is the best grid position for this race as I basically stayed behind P1 and bump draft him for 2.75 laps and make my move after the final trip to the bus stop/pass when P1 get penalty at bus stop.

View attachment 1362128

View attachment 1362129

Nice to see you out there yesterday!

(Even if it was purely your back bumper, and very very small)

My apologies to anyone I took out in Sunday afternoons Brands Hatch Race C. My first time trying the daily races and I suffered the race start glitch where my car seems to go normally but everyone else is frozen as a ghost at the start line. I couldn't see the other cars driving on the track and even worse the glitch seems to make the car invulnerable. You plow right through cars you can't see and don't even feel it. Sorry. Apparently it is a connection issue.

I did one race on each account tonight:

UK Main high A/S (QT 750ish)
UK Alt low A/S (QT none set)
US ACC high A/S (QT 1200ish)

Every single one in very different lobby classes were absolutely awful sweat fests - litterally dive bomb after dive bomb, wedging the door open in the wrong places just to make a position but then be on the outside of the subsequent corner.

I disagree with Tidgney on this week, they aren't great. I'm sure in the top splits it's unicorns and rainbows but the real world where the other 98% play these are not fun. At best they are lessons in frustration management and at worst they are races that bring out both the worst drivers and the worst in people.

Funny one, did my race on my alt account happily following 13th but a guy from Norway decided he wanted both our places and rear ended me so hard at the penultimate corner I hit the veyron in front and he carried on full throttle.

After the race he said it was "lag" which is weird because he followed for 3 laps prior....they walk and live among us.

I'm so glad im washing my hair this week...

I mustered some more enthusiasm....

View attachment 1362264
Nice. Let's talk again tomorrow...😜

I did one race on each account tonight:

UK Main high A/S (QT 750ish)
UK Alt low A/S (QT none set)
US ACC high A/S (QT 1200ish)

Every single one in very different lobby classes were absolutely awful sweat fests - litterally dive bomb after dive bomb, wedging the door open in the wrong places just to make a position but then be on the outside of the subsequent corner.

I disagree with Tidgney on this week, they aren't great. I'm sure in the top splits it's unicorns and rainbows but the real world where the other 98% play these are not fun. At best they are lessons in frustration management and at worst they are races that bring out both the worst drivers and the worst in people.

Funny one, did my race on my alt account happily following 13th but a guy from Norway decided he wanted both our places and rear ended me so hard at the penultimate corner I hit the veyron in front and he carried on full throttle.

After the race he said it was "lag" which is weird because he followed for 3 laps prior....they walk and live among us.

I'm so glad im washing my hair this week...
Actually, my experience this week so far differs a bit. Since my first two attempts at race B had been rather wild, I continued on my alt account (B/S, close to DR A), and had another good one today. Started P2, overtook P1 at the beginning of lap 3 when he went a bit deep in the first left-hander. He could have taken me out in the next turn by hitting my rear, and I already braced for impact, but instead he stayed super clean and lifted for a split second to let me complete the pass. I was able do get a second of separation and got the win and a CRB.

So far it's 5 clean races B against 2 massacres, which seems like an okay ratio to me.

And if it's clean, i like Interlagos a lot in Gr4.

Of course, as always, my happiness factor may change quickly with how the next races go...😆

Nice. Let's talk again tomorrow...😜

Actually, my experience this week so far differs a bit. Since my first two attempts at race B had been rather wild, I continued on my alt account (B/S, close to DR A), and had another good one today. Started P2, overtook P1 at the beginning of lap 3 when he went a bit deep in the first left-hander. He could have taken me out in the next turn by hitting my rear, and I already braced for impact, but instead he stayed super clean and lifted for a split second to let me complete the pass. I was able do get a second of separation and got the win and a CRB.

So far it's 5 clean races B against 2 massacres, which seems like an okay ratio to me.

And if it's clean, i like Interlagos a lot in Gr4.

Of course, as always, my happiness factor may change quickly with how the next races go...😆
I will hit my optimum, so that is your target. I'm at a conference tomorrow so no laps make hay 😝

I think the second point of your post and experience is very true also. I've had the same experience.

One thing I would say is that starting at the top end probably makes your race more manageable.

I think honestly it's people and lobby dependent. Aaaaand we always remember the worse part of the experience rather than the best bits and I'm guilty of that.

Anecdotally in the higher B lobbies I had cleaner races, in the higher A lobbies the cleanness is judged on different things

I will hit my optimum, so that is your target. I'm at a conference tomorrow so no laps make hay 😝
Whooo... that's a statement. If so, that will be a bit too much for me. But I'll try.

Anecdotally in the higher B lobbies I had cleaner races, in the higher A lobbies the cleanness is judged on different things
Right, it seems now like my first Interlagos race B in B/S was an outlier. The others have been much nicer.

On the other hand, my only race on A/S, which had four or five A+ drivers on the grid (I'm somewhere between 60 an 70 % DR A), it had a totally different vibe. I'm not quick enough there anyway, but especially not aggressive and resilient enough. I felt a bit overwhelmed, actually. Either I'll get better or I'll lose enough DR to be put in my place. I can live with both options.

Whooo... that's a statement. If so, that will be a bit too much for me. But I'll try.
I'll hit that optimum on the weekend ;)

Im just not putting the muscle memory or seat time this week. Lots going on home wise.
Right, it seems now like my first Interlagos race B in B/S was an outlier. The others have been much nicer.

On the other hand, my only race on A/S, which had four or five A+ drivers on the grid (I'm somewhere between 60 an 70 % DR A), it had a totally different vibe. I'm not quick enough there anyway, but especially not aggressive and resilient enough. I felt a bit overwhelmed, actually. Either I'll get better or I'll lose enough DR to be put in my place. I can live with both options.
Its not an enjoyable race regardless of rating.

I mean this sincerely the track invites overtakes that aren't there to be on the pace there.

At the sharp end it dials back a bit but ultimately the only way to pass is to send it.

People want to race and it's not a track to do that. Historically the track is exciting but if you compare it to Kyoto it lacks in so many ways and I don't like either but one is designed for racing modern cars the other is a relic now

Back