GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,596 comments
I don't mind RBR racing wise I slightly prefer it Gr4 but largely find it similar race wise to WG in terms of flow.

What makes it better than Interlagos is that the wider track means you can take alternate lines or proper defensive lines which are super difficult at interlagos because of the nature of the corner radiuses and approach angles I think.

I have literally 0 flow on RBR... Never liked it very much, such a start stop track with the horrible off camber middle section... I mean, I can set a good time but I don't enjoy it - at all :) Especially compared to the previous weeks (Brands Indy and Kyoto), those tracks I just loved :)

Race A this week is great. Was on my AO account yesterday afternoon to do the new TT so figured I'd jump in an A real quick and start from the back. Well... I started from the back and P4 at the same time with all four of us in the lobby. Guess that's how it goes when it's like 2AM for them. :lol:

Was still fun, lots of close racing as usual for these cars.

9bf6132ce1ba3ac942fa3afcae686fa9_photo.webp

I've been having fun this week! I'm still not 100% on where to put the car in the rain but this shows how much more grip there is in some corners if you can avoid the rubbered in racing line.

First of all, I want to mention, that the last time I replied to your comment was in gt sport thread about 2 years ago, xD
And now I just want to thank you, for that's some important info. I thought sticking to the rubber lane, if wet or not is better. And since I use TCS in rain (depending on car) I wouldnt have noticed the fractions of a second I lose there.
And remember boys, regularly change your oil, it's not all fun and games 😏

First of all, I want to mention, that the last time I replied to your comment was in gt sport thread about 2 years ago, xD
And now I just want to thank you, for that's some important info. I thought sticking to the rubber lane, if wet or not is better. And since I use TCS in rain (depending on car) I wouldnt have noticed the fractions of a second I lose there.
And remember boys, regularly change your oil, it's not all fun and games 😏
I can't take the credit for it, Wombleleader put a video out a couple of months back showing the difference in grip level in the licence tests, until then everyone was oblivious (the extreme track drying hid it for the first year or so too).

Apparently you don't need to worry about oil in races with BOP on because it will always correct to the right power and weight.

I just tried the Gr3 458 for qualifying on C... It's awesome! So good to chuck around. I took .2 off my 650 and 911 times, with another .2 possibly available. Might try it in a race later - and will make sure I have rain tyres!
Apparently that Ferrari is really good in the rain too.

What a load of rubbish these races are. Let me explain myself a bit.

A is not my thing but it looks fun.

B is the sweatiest race on the calendar and it's awful just a dive bombers paradise, no run off or recovery areas just a narrow track with sweeping lines....just invites late brakers...

C is a weird one. I like the circuit even the bad technical sector 3 it's tricky to go fast there. But and this is a big but

"We want longer races with dynamic weather"

Reality

"Well 40 mins of this suck if it's dry, sucks even more if it rains"

Reality

B lobbies full of A+ drivers because they don't want the longer races or rain either.

It's fun to do a couple but a week of it, realistically I'm not sure honestly.

The balance is still off for me, and I'm pointing at Rory and Tidgney wanting these things but the numbers will show I think.

Those of you who have fast QTs in the Huracan at B this week - what brake balance are you using? I've found plusses and minuses using just about any of the variations, and I'm still not sure what's the best.

And I swear, if it eventually comes out that brake balance is just a placebo, I'm gonna be mighty unhappy. 🤬

Thanks!

Those of you who have fast QTs in the Huracan at B this week - what brake balance are you using? I've found plusses and minuses using just about any of the variations, and I'm still not sure what's the best.

And I swear, if it eventually comes out that brake balance is just a placebo, I'm gonna be mighty unhappy. 🤬

Thanks!
I messed with break balance on the lambo and came up with my fastest lap at 0. I haven't broken into the 1:38's though. Just not my week I guess

Thanks!
I used brake balance at +-0, because I hadn't even noticed so far that I could have changed it.😬

I used brake balance at +-0, because I hadn't even noticed so far that I could have changed it.😬

I also settled on zero BB so sounds like we all found the same characteristics that brought us back to 0 shift working well. 👍

I typically like + 2-3 on an MR but it didn’t work well and going minus didn’t help either.

@GrumpyOldMan we can’t all be wrong can we 🤔

Last edited:
It's funny, -5 let me get through the first corner(s) better, but was dubious everywhere else.

View attachment 1362982

Not sure if it makes a difference but I started using ABS weak at Kyoto and have been staying with it ever since. I think it helped to reduce my stopping distance here by moderating input rather than the default setting stomp I was using previously.

Not sure if you’ve tried GTR yet but most people on my list that have faster times are using it. I haven’t touched anything on this since Monday evening so I can’t say if it would work for me.

Last edited:
I’m just too slow for B/S lobbies at Fuji and haven’t had the time this week to try and get faster. Been lapped in two of my races by the leaders (though in the wet they then didn’t gap me by much).

Still, do enjoy the long races, and the rain (which tests your car control!).

Last edited:
Not sure if it makes a difference but I started using ABS weak at Kyoto and have been staying with it ever since. I think it helped to reduce my stopping distance here by moderating input rather than the default setting stomp I was using previously.

Not sure if you’ve tried GTR yet but most people on my list that have faster times are using it. I haven’t touched anything on this since Monday evening so I can’t say if it would work for me.
Same, ABS weak

What a load of rubbish these races are. Let me explain myself a bit.

A is not my thing but it looks fun.

B is the sweatiest race on the calendar and it's awful just a dive bombers paradise, no run off or recovery areas just a narrow track with sweeping lines....just invites late brakers...

C is a weird one. I like the circuit even the bad technical sector 3 it's tricky to go fast there. But and this is a big but

"We want longer races with dynamic weather"

Reality

"Well 40 mins of this suck if it's dry, sucks even more if it rains"

Reality

B lobbies full of A+ drivers because they don't want the longer races or rain either.

It's fun to do a couple but a week of it, realistically I'm not sure honestly.

The balance is still off for me, and I'm pointing at Rory and Tidgney wanting these things but the numbers will show I think.
How about a pit where you actually may need to change tires and a splash of gas instead of just a useless drive-through.

Last edited:

Thanks!

I haven’t done much QT this week, but I’m settling with the Alfa 155, hopefully I’ll post a 1.39.5 ish today, but finding the BB is working best at 0

I haven’t done much QT this week, but I’m settling with the Alfa 155, hopefully I’ll post a 1.39.5 ish today, but finding the BB is working best at 0
If you haven't raced yet just a heads up that the Alfa doesn't have the top end pull so tends to get swallowed up a bit on the fast sections. It does hold its own in the technical bit though.

@GrumpyOldMan im using -2 for 4WD cars but breaking a little earlier and smoother if I can.

I don't think there is a lot in it balance wise as a don't notice a much difference and if I do it's marginal at best and placebo at worst.

@newmedia_dev yes I’ve done a few and the Alfa is a little lacking at the top end, I just improved my QT in the G70 so I may stick with that, cant get over how bad the racing actually is, as you say dive bombing and shunting all over the shop

I also nearly had a win earlier in the Alfa, p6, 3 corners before the end, 0.8 between us all, I somehow slide through to the lead, without contact, only for this Spaniard to just tap me off last corner and steal the win.

This is just about how it’s going for me!

Last edited:
The Alfa is a bit slidy, but you can handle it with, let's say, less subtle control inputs than some other cars, which worked well for me at Interlagos so far. Usually I'm able to correct even some completely messed up corner entries with it better than i.e. the Lambo or the GT-R.

Interesting - I'll try it. Thanks for the tip.
I used the GT-R exclusively at the start of the week, but when I switched to the Lambo I instantly improved my times. I've tried the GT-R again a few times but can't get up to speed. I'll try it again, and give it a little more effort.
@GrumpyOldMan im using -2 for 4WD cars but breaking a little earlier and smoother if I can.

I don't think there is a lot in it balance wise as a don't notice a much difference and if I do it's marginal at best and placebo at worst.
Sounds good - I'll try that too.

Thanks, everyone!

Well I just blew 15 million credits on the Gr3 McLaren F1. That was a waste 🤣 doesn't seem great on brakes or in high speed corners - maybe just me not familiar with it. It feels good in the lower speed turns. Oh yes, I bought a full set of tyres too 😬.

Went from P2 to last within 3 laps, but when it did eventually rain I was lapping in the 1:56's, which seemed quicker than I can do in the 650 or 911.

I only really bought it for making liveries anyway..
bbb3631eeb0d11a3f5a1bc56a89096fa_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Edit/
Saw @GOTMAXPOWER do a fantastic recovery drive to 3rd place, after being punted to last place on lap 1. 💪

Last edited:
Back