GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,560 comments
So you had my BB racing experience which was top notch.

Now watch 30 seconds of people being pricks at A/S level.

For context my overtake was clumsy as a bit of tit for tat and why i was so far down the order

Enjoy this guy failing with his PITT attempt

Edit: just to be crystal clear I started 4th and was shown the gravel at the corkscrew by this guy and when I mean shown the gravel rear ended and then pushed wide. My overtake was petty on my part

Last edited:
Well that was a sweaty race. P2 guy was a very clean racer.👍

1902d4c510f18-screenshotUrl.jpg

I do feel a bit bad for @Leon Kowalski though.... Are you still on controller? Even more impressive if it's still the case! As for @newmedia_dev well.... lol
Yes, still on controller. You are a bad, bad person, btw. One thousandth? Come on!😆

We also need to stop focusing on nationalities and labelling them good bad or ugly.
Except guys from Malta, right?😆

And now for something completely different:

I did a handful of races C on my practice account. For scientific reasons, of course, I just wanted to study the chaos.
Surprise: they were much cleaner than I thought. DR C lobbies, some bumping and scratching, but mostly mistakes, not bad intentions. I even had two drivers slowing down and letting me pass again (and apologizing in the chat afterwards) after incidentally pushing me off track.

I started all races from the back, and all but one went basically like this:

IMG_4467.jpeg

Which had the side effect of lifting my practice account up to DR B. And, unexpectedly, I even gained SR in every race. Main benefit though was the learning experience: foreseeing the mayhem and avoiding it (mostly). All in all a fun racing evening.

IMG_4466.jpeg

Sadly, this might have been it for this week. Lots of stuff at work, and on saturday I'll play my first gig with "my" new band. Quite some rehearsal and preparation still ahead. Wish me luck! 😊

Tried B for the first time today. Used the Cayman as it’s such a well balanced car I find it easier to hit all the apexes with it while not clipping the dreaded sausage kerbs! The other Gr4 cars seem to have more understeer.

Underrated car I think. Of course, the G70s were blowing past me on the straights!

Ps if anyone has the Logitech G923 with Trueforce I’d be interested in your impressions, in particular how much of an upgrade is it from the G29? You can DM me. I posted on the hardware forum but not sure how active it is.

I’m a bit rusty at the mo, but decided to try some QT for B, because, well it’s Laguna Seca.:)

Now, I’m not going to race there because I feel like I would have to invest a week in it and I’m too busy to do that over the summer. I’ll get back to sport racing (more seriously) in the fall probably.

But if you don’t want to race the G70 then I found that the Scirocco is quite sporty on this track even though you don’t see it anywhere in the leader boards. I found it much better and easier to drive on this track. But that’s me. I used to like the Mazda3 here as well.

View attachment 1365794

Do BB 1 to the rear.
Obviously the G70 is the meta car based on the fact that everyone is winning with it…everyone but me.
After seeing your post, I moved to the Scirocco after not finishing higher than 8th in the G70. My second race in the Scirroco is attached.
Thanks
IMG_0163.jpeg

Obviously the G70 is the meta car based on the fact that everyone is winning with it…everyone but me.
After seeing your post, I moved to the Scirocco after not finishing higher than 8th in the G70. My second race in the Scirroco is attached.
Thanks
View attachment 1365972
Great result!
The Scirocco has some serious speed but some acute weaknesses that hold it back from greatness. I found in the first sector I am often gaining on the top ghost on the leaderboard (to my much surprise) but after turn 5 is where I start to fall back due to my lack of preciseness in cornering. It's real weakness is the corkscrew though. While it corners okay I find it hard to put down the power as the front wheels lose traction and that is where the G70 ghost just leapfrogs away. If I could figure that out, I'm sure I would gain 5/10ths on the lap.

Well that was a sweaty race. P2 guy was a very clean racer.👍

View attachment 1365930
Bet that felt good to win in the non-meta.

Last edited:
Great result!
The Scirocco has some serious speed but some acute weaknesses that hold it back from greatness. I found in the first sector I am often gaining on the top ghost on the leaderboard (to my much surprise) but after turn 5 is where I start to fall back due to my lack of preciseness in cornering. It's real weakness is the corkscrew though. While it corners okay I find it hard to put down the power as the front wheels lose traction and that is where the G70 ghost just leapfrogs away. If I could figure that out, I'm sure I would gain 5/10ths on the lap.
There are a few corners where I’m still trying to figure out the gearing, generally I’m a gear higher than the G70. So far, my data is all race data, no qualifying laps in it yet.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Spring Break

An unusual looking week is greeting players with the latest set of Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races, as road cars dominate the selection and rally makes a return...

These road car races are so boring. And there's only 3 each week. Gran Turismo has become so limited, while their algorithm has wavered on accurately penalizing racers with minimal efforts on punishing repeat offenders for deliberate acts.

Add more daily races with variety, include optional races with car setup mode, and improve the penal system drastically to be more accurate and engaging with malicious or inexperience drivers.

Couple of twilight races this morning, mixed A/B lobbies and managed to get my QT down in race B to 1.29.179 and a 1.28 is there for the taking, first race started 11 finished 8, second race started 8 got up to 6 when this douche pit balled me because his ramming me didn’t work and I guess that was all that was left for him to do with his 3 sec penalty looming 💩😉

Some advice is needed.

Yesterday I went from C back to B (just), winning my race in a (for me) very good QT of 1:28,864

That's were the trouble started. Second race I started P9 in a mixed lobby with clean B racers and the scum of A drivers SR B and lower. I did not work that hard to start P9 didn't like it. Needles to say that advancing or even surviving is a challenge from that position and those drivers around you.
I want to go to mid B this week, at least, feeling it would be a waist to not use such a good time. How should I approach this? Is my time too high for a regular full B/S lobby but to low to avoid the scum that lurks at the bottom of each rank? Do I try to increase my time even more? Will I get more good A lobbies then or better B lobbies? Is there a time slot that has less of a mixture so my time puts me in a better position?

The post above from @brockie dissuaded me from doing my own morning try. I suppose he drives in Europe and his time was good for a mixed lobby as well. Still started P11 and that is what I actively try to avoid. Was it a clean pack of drivers or was it affected by scum?

Thx for any advice in advance!

Cheers,

Seth

Bet that felt good to win in the non-meta.
Sure did - big advantage by starting on pole of course, then people fighting behind. Last 2 laps were very tense with G70s right on bumper by the time I got to the corkscrew.
Racing was very clean - guy behind could easily have pushed past if he wanted to.

The following race had me 14th on the grid, with pole guy have a 1:27.2 😮

Hey, I had another hit to my DR, my bar was 75% full and then I did 2 more races at L.S. and then after that my bar dropped to 25%. I recorded one of them. Some jackass hit me on Lap 2 or 3 which caused me to go in the sand, (near the U-turn). I rushed trying to get back up in the top 5. On Lap 4 or 5 I rushed so bad I accidentally hit someone which got me a 4-second penalty. So it was total carnage. I did however finish in 6th, so that's much better than finishing dead last.

I wish people would be courtious and not hog the track and run me off of it, just go around. It irks me when higher level drivers do nasty tricks to shove people off the track.

God, it annoys me bad. Now I gotta get my DR back up, :mad:

1718790350989.jpg

@newmedia_dev @Barney Da Dog Hi guys :lol:

Did my first race a minute ago and I think I won't be doing any more :D Started fricking P8 with this time, got 2 or 3 position cleanly in first half of the first lap, I was 2.6sec from the lead and closely following first 4 guys until someone from behind destroyed us on the braking before the drop, and of course, dirty tires, penalty for cutting the chicane even though I was pushed, and the rest of the race I spent looking at my mirrors and waiting for divebombs, of course they happened in every single corner, people using you as a wall... And all this happens in lobby full of A+ and A/S drivers... I can only imagine how it is in lower rankings...

You know I should switch to MT, this AT crap is not helping me at all. I'm losing way more time than I should here...

I will also post this video of my consistent laps that got me nowhere, I keep doing something wrong here, I know that U-turn is killing my time and it's irritating me. The pesky two right turns after put a dent in my time too. I think I got the left turn right after the Mother's Canyon banner thing. The corkscrew is a pain, so is the last sharp left turn before the finish line. If you guys have time I'd like you to take a look at both my videos, I'm getting kind of frustrated here.

I'm wasting valuable time with the AT, MT it is, I'm gonna have to toggle around with it and try to choose the right gears when braking, accelerating. Are there any MT pros on here? I know there are.

Phew, i need help big time. Also, I am on the autism spectrum. Which means I have other special talents in life. I don't think I'm gonna bother with the C races this week, 7 laps is tedious at Autopolis. I don't need any extra stress, things to do. I know that's how most people got times between 1'26.500-1'30.800 was by using mostly the MT option.

Let me know if any of you read this, which I hope you do. Thanks everyone.

Some advice is needed.

Yesterday I went from C back to B (just), winning my race in a (for me) very good QT of 1:28,864

That's were the trouble started. Second race I started P9 in a mixed lobby with clean B racers and the scum of A drivers SR B and lower. I did not work that hard to start P9 didn't like it. Needles to say that advancing or even surviving is a challenge from that position and those drivers around you.
I want to go to mid B this week, at least, feeling it would be a waist to not use such a good time. How should I approach this? Is my time too high for a regular full B/S lobby but to low to avoid the scum that lurks at the bottom of each rank? Do I try to increase my time even more? Will I get more good A lobbies then or better B lobbies? Is there a time slot that has less of a mixture so my time puts me in a better position?

The post above from @brockie dissuaded me from doing my own morning try. I suppose he drives in Europe and his time was good for a mixed lobby as well. Still started P11 and that is what I actively try to avoid. Was it a clean pack of drivers or was it affected by scum?

Cheers,

Seth

Hi Seth, usually the morning is good for racing, it’s especially the case in the weekends.

I mean it’s always a mixed bag but I tend to find if I don’t race too hard and keep my wits about me the cars around me usually do the same.

The problem is close racing can be easily replaced by bumps and people not liking it, so you cant win if you make a tiny mistake and people can overreact.

Don’t let the scum deter you, not worth a psn ban lol

Last edited:
@NAXEHT - we had a few Race As together today, wasn't sure about the PSN id until I checked on here.

Very brave, starting without a QT - it gets a bit rough towards the back of the grid doesn't it!
We did! Nice to see you.

Yeah, I got quite annoyed with a few people there in a race or two. In that combo I think it’s probably rough everywhere, front as well. Or would you say otherwise? That’s why I opted for a start at the back, couldn’t quite be bothered to set a qualifying lap. Maybe I should?

Last edited:
We did! Nice to see you.

Yeah, I got quite annoyed with a few people there in a race or two. In that combo I think it’s probably rough everywhere, front as well. Or would you say otherwise? That’s why I opted for a start at the back, couldn’t quite be bothered to set a qualifying lap. Maybe I should?
No, it was definitely cleaner towards the front! Still rough, but clean.

I had some good starts, and got into P2 or P3 a few times, even managed to get ahead of the guy on pole with a QT 3 seconds faster than mine. Beat him twice too - looks like his qualifying talent was better than his racing talent, he was clean though.

I noticed there were only 11 drivers in most races, from A+/S (you!) to C/S - suggests a limited number of people attempting Race A?

View attachment 1366083

@newmedia_dev @Barney Da Dog Hi guys :lol:

Did my first race a minute ago and I think I won't be doing any more :D Started fricking P8 with this time, got 2 or 3 position cleanly in first half of the first lap, I was 2.6sec from the lead and closely following first 4 guys until someone from behind destroyed us on the braking before the drop, and of course, dirty tires, penalty for cutting the chicane even though I was pushed, and the rest of the race I spent looking at my mirrors and waiting for divebombs, of course they happened in every single corner, people using you as a wall... And all this happens in lobby full of A+ and A/S drivers... I can only imagine how it is in lower rankings...
Wow, super Q-Time. I try to get the QT under 1.29. I Start with this time in B/S Lobby. The Polesetter was A/B (Q Times in a 3 seconds Range?). For the race i can copy&paste your post. Starte P8 got some positions and the hittet from behind and in the midfield 10-12 it was horrible. Don‘t know if i want to do some more races this week.

Some advice is needed.

Cheers,

Seth
timing, qualifying, ... some luck thrown in for good measure.

This is something I've always experienced. I race at odd and varying hours. In prime hours, when lots are online, lobbies are similar to GTWS events where everyone is evenly sorted.

Racing off-hours can be a mixed bag. Sometimes you are the low-man but sometimes the top. You can haul in DR when you are at the top of those lobbies, but in my experience, when you are at the bottom in a very uneven dr split, you don't lose all that much. And with luck, those at the top who are having a bad day can earn you quite a bit.

I am often in races with very good A+ drivers and I stopped worrying about it. Drive clean and survive and you either keep most of your DR or, with luck, earn a bit. Lately, I've been in those SR-trash lobbies and you just need a sixth sense to avoid the trouble. Sometime you can, sometime not.

tldr; drive clean, don't worry.

You know I should switch to MT, this AT crap is not helping me at all. I'm losing way more time than I should here...

I will also post this video of my consistent laps that got me nowhere, I keep doing something wrong here, I know that U-turn is killing my time and it's irritating me. The pesky two right turns after put a dent in my time too. I think I got the left turn right after the Mother's Canyon banner thing. The corkscrew is a pain, so is the last sharp left turn before the finish line. If you guys have time I'd like you to take a look at both my videos, I'm getting kind of frustrated here.

I'm wasting valuable time with the AT, MT it is, I'm gonna have to toggle around with it and try to choose the right gears when braking, accelerating. Are there any MT pros on here? I know there are.

Phew, i need help big time. Also, I am on the autism spectrum. Which means I have other special talents in life. I don't think I'm gonna bother with the C races this week, 7 laps is tedious at Autopolis. I don't need any extra stress, things to do. I know that's how most people got times between 1'26.500-1'30.800 was by using mostly the MT option.

Let me know if any of you read this, which I hope you do. Thanks everyone.

You just going to be frustrated learning manual on a Gr4 car, on a course that you already know your time with AT. You are likely better off and redoing some of the easier race in slow car with manual to learn before trying something as relativity as fast as Gr4 car with out some practice on slower car first.

I am AudHD and really lack fine motor control and I can not drive manual on controller....on a wheel though AT seems harder since it my whole hand shifting. I also drive manual in real life(on road and on track) and flappy paddle is way easier than 3 pedals.

I know someone who is down in the 1.27.5xx range with AT and all assist beside TC in the 155 on a controller(analog stick steering, trigger/throttle and brake)

No, it was definitely cleaner towards the front! Still rough, but clean.

I had some good starts, and got into P2 or P3 a few times, even managed to get ahead of the guy on pole with a QT 3 seconds faster than mine. Beat him twice too - looks like his qualifying talent was better than his racing talent, he was clean though.

I noticed there were only 11 drivers in most races, from A+/S (you!) to C/S - suggests a limited number of people attempting Race A?
Usually front is cleaner, given the difference in speed and especially car control from driver to driver down the field, especially with such a dead race like this one, as you note as well. That said, I’ve managed to keep CRB in 15/17 so far. :D

Last edited:
timing, qualifying, ... some luck thrown in for good measure.

This is something I've always experienced. I race at odd and varying hours. In prime hours, when lots are online, lobbies are similar to GTWS events where everyone is evenly sorted.

Racing off-hours can be a mixed bag. Sometimes you are the low-man but sometimes the top. You can haul in DR when you are at the top of those lobbies, but in my experience, when you are at the bottom in a very uneven dr split, you don't lose all that much. And with luck, those at the top who are having a bad day can earn you quite a bit.

I am often in races with very good A+ drivers and I stopped worrying about it. Drive clean and survive and you either keep most of your DR or, with luck, earn a bit. Lately, I've been in those SR-trash lobbies and you just need a sixth sense to avoid the trouble. Sometime you can, sometime not.

tldr; drive clean, don't worry.
I’m retired so I also have the option to drive at anytime throughout the day, I agree with you that you get different experiences depending on time of day. There are times where I qualify in the bottom 1/3 and then all of a sudden I qualify P1. When I qualify in the top 3, I’ll usually play until I start moving down the grid again. My wins usually have more to do with the lobby I’m assigned than my driving being faster.
I've found that most of my wins, pole positions and clean races come around 3:00 PM PST. By 6:00 PM it’s a slugfest and most of the screen names consist of some form of “xxxfart” or “xxxhoe”, that’s when I know it’s time for a cocktail.

Quick question: can you leave the race without a penalty when in the lobby, before race start? I wonder what would happen if PD allowed us to do so. The SR B and lower crowd would have a hard time finding matches (and thus improve on their attitude).

Usually front is cleaner, given the difference in speed and especially car control from driver to driver down the field, especially with such a dead race like this one, as you note as well. That said, I’ve managed to keep CRB in 15/17 so far. :D
One guy did keep trying to take me out in one race yesterday, but he kept missing me! He was obviously fast, as he caught me up every lap - if he'd just concentrated on passing, instead of trying to ram me, he would have finished a long way in front of me 😆

Managed to drop the QT to 1.32.000 today, gave me P1 or P2 on the grid for each of four races - finished P1, P1, P3, P2. Now almost back to S SR.

Latest Posts

Back