GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,643 comments
I definitely hear you on that. I like Gr3 but prefer Gr4 (personally) but I just don't understand why the medium isn't the default tire.

It's balanced in that we all have to use the RH but you'd think they could be more creative than they are....

It seems like they want to make the handling a little trickier than it already is. Probably a gameplay choice but my god does it make it draining sometimes.
Today I drove the BMW Z4 GT3 '11, talk about squirly…. Your breaking better be completely done before any thought of initiating a turn occurs, and 1st gear? Forget about it.
I qualified like crap in it but I stuck with it all day because it was a lot of fun to drive and I ended up holding my own in races i.e. race losses were not the fault of the car.

Last edited:
I'd been running zero but posted my last QT 1:40:183 with +1.
Just did 5 laps before work in the TT and it's definitely a sub 1:40 car, my optimum was 1:39.9 after 5 laps.

For comparison that is faster than my Vantage, Veyron and 650 times. With a bit of practice trail braking an FF car again and tweaking when I short shift I think I could actually post a 1:39.7/8 with nailing both chicanes.

This makes me wonder if the Mazda 3 might actually work as well 🤔 maybe not for the race but for QT it might be quite strong.

Just did 5 laps before work in the TT and it's definitely a sub 1:40 car, my optimum was 1:39.9 after 5 laps.

For comparison that is faster than my Vantage, Veyron and 650 times. With a bit of practice trail braking an FF car again and tweaking when I short shift I think I could actually post a 1:39.7/8 with nailing both chicanes.

This makes me wonder if the Mazda 3 might actually work as well 🤔 maybe not for the race but for QT it might be quite strong.

Very interested to see what you can do! I feel like the scirroco has the same potential as the audi. I even had a swift battling me for 1st in a few races.

Very interested to see what you can do! I feel like the scirroco has the same potential as the audi. I even had a swift battling me for 1st in a few races.
The scirroco is a solid shout as well, similar to the Mazda in the way it handles and puts its power down.

Funny enough I've seen a few swifts in race as well. Not a car I can drive well so not for me but quick in the right hands.

I did one more lap on my US account and that was a 1:40.2 so a total of 6 laps and fairly competitive already.

I'm out on works thing this afternoon which will probably end up being 🍺🍺🍺 so might not get a decent session tonight but tomorrow I will definitely put some time in to it with a target of 1:39.x

Well I may as well just start trying to have fun and race to the best of my ability. I'm not making anymore conversations for a while, like Glen said I need to focus on my mom and our household/health issues and put gt7 on the back burner. I usually do my chores first and then turn on the Playstation. My OCD my whole life is trying to be my very best, trying to get all A's and B's in school, trying to be good at football/basketball, and other things.

I used to spend 7-8 hours a day playing sports after school to be competitive, train myself and win all the time.

I guess I'll do some more races at DT and Goodwood tomorrow when I get some extra sleep.

The Swift is what really surprised me. Altough not fast enough in my hands more capable hands (@Tidgney looking at your Beat the Meta here) could maybe do spectacular things with it.

Last edited:
The Swift is what really surprised me. Altough not fast enough in my hands more capable hands (@Tidgney looking at your Beat the Meta here) could maybe do spectacular things with it.
I also did few races with it and I think Swift works well on that track because there is only one low speed turn where that car normally suffers from poor traction. But even there you can hit third gear and it's possible to get good exit with proper footwork. Most turns are high and mid speed where Swifty shows its... swiftness? 😅 and quite good top speed. So yeah, quite surprising car!

I definitely hear you on that. I like Gr3 but prefer Gr4 (personally) but I just don't understand why the medium isn't the default tire.

It's balanced in that we all have to use the RH but you'd think they could be more creative than they are....

It seems like they want to make the handling a little trickier than it already is. Probably a gameplay choice but my god does it make it draining sometimes.

There was a gr3 spa race recently for race B which was on mediums and I’m sure it was the last time I actually enjoyed a gr3 race week,

I actually rinsed that with wins at B/S

Strange Daily Race B this morning - only 13 players in the lobby! I guess that speaks to how few people are doing this week's race, which probably explains my top-1500 QT. Too bad more people aren't racing B this week - it's a fun track.

It's been two weeks since I got a podium, so this feels good:
1719490186293.png

It was actually a lot closer than that, but I didn't do my best in the last 2 turns. But that's OK, I probably wouldn't have caught them. But it sure was fun!

I've improved my DR a little this week, but I'm really happy my SR is finally looking up. Took some big hits the last 2-3 weeks.

1719490350180.png

Strange Daily Race B this morning - only 13 players in the lobby! I guess that speaks to how few people are doing this week's race, which probably explains my top-1500 QT. Too bad more people aren't racing B this week - it's a fun track.
I have to believe there would be more participation with Medium tires.

I enjoy the track. Definitely a top 5 Daily race track for me.

Did 3 races last night. P6 start in each. 4th, 11th, and 4th for the finishes. 2 out of the 3 races were pretty dirty. Nevertheless, I took some time off from doing Race B recently and it feels good to be racing again.

My only race attempt last night resulted in an "'Unexpected' Error" while waiting for matchmaking, but at least the extra 5-minutes it took the game to figure out that it wasn't gonna let me join was enough for me to take the Corvette down to a 39.9 in FP...

I have to believe there would be more participation with Medium tires.
I might have considered it. It's not my favorite track and I've been getting frustrated with how Gr.3 on RH have been feeling so slippery at current. Definitely preferring Gr.4 with the RM on race C.
Apparently, blocking the track while in a 4-wheel drift, isn't quite enough to ghost you.
I never lifted. I thought his car would become translucent at any second. :lol:
I think that was very considerate of you to help point him in the right direction again.

Last edited:
Dropped my Race C QT down to a 1:41.553 in the NSX. Decided my pit strat for every race would be to take on new tires at the end of Lap 6.

Race 1: Started P6. Gave an out of control Aston a very wide berth through the first chicane on Lap 1, and still got bodied. Borked my entry back onto the track and got tagged by an innocent Audi. Found myself starting Lap 2 in P12. Settled down after muttering some profanity, and miracled a recovery back to finish P6.

Race 2: Started P6. Fell prey to a couple of clumsy overtakes in the opening laps. Gained a couple places after my pit stop, thanks to an accident and a penalty. Couldn't get past a G70 that chewed up its tires at the end, but was stoked with a P3 podium.

Race 3: Started P10. Got the first chicane wrong on Lap 1 and fell back to P12. Collected a 3.0 second penalty passing under a yellow flag. Took a while to catch and get past one Huracan at my favorite hairpin on Lap 10, while a second one kept trying to rough me up. Finished P9.

Race 4: Started P10. A sloppy Cayman pinched me into the wall entering Turn 6 on Lap 1. I find myself in P15 (last). Was recovering well, until a sloppy Italia pushed me wide into the wall coming out of Turn 6 on Lap 9. No recovery drive for you! Double bird salute to a P11 finish.

Race 5: Started P6. Torpedoed my race after getting the second chicane all sorts of wrong on Lap 3 and wound up P12. Gained positions thanks to DNFs, and finished a surprise P8.

Race 6: Started P8. Tagging a freakishly slow Aston at Turn 6 on Lap 3 lost me several places, and left me vulnerable to a sloppy lunge by an Audi at the first chicane. No chance of recovery. Double bird salute to a P13 finish.

Mostly decent Thursday. Not great. Not horribly traumatic. That'll do, pig. That'll do.

LtXVKR.gif

Last edited:
How big is the difference in tyre wear between using a wheel or a controller? I did three races C today, and in each one I got passed in the pits by at least one driver who obviously hadn't changed his tyres. I couldn't even imagine making it through the race with only one set of tyres. My cute little Scirocco would have burnt them down to the rims in less than eight laps...

How big is the difference in tyre wear between using a wheel or a controller? I did three races C today, and in each one I got passed in the pits by at least one driver who obviously hadn't changed his tyres. I couldn't even imagine making it through the race with only one set of tyres. My cute little Scirocco would have burnt them down to the rims in less than eight laps...
For me, managing tire wear is easier with the smoother inputs of a wheel.

In my races Monday and today, pretty much everyone put on a new set of tires at the end of Lap 5 or 6.

I've finished behind a few tire whisperers using Citroens and McLarens, but for the most part, if someone was on worn tires, they were sitting ducks.

I missed a lot of posts over the past year, I need to get caught and learn all the information necessary to polish up my driving skills and etiquette. Are you guys sure your DR doesn't drop from not doing races, cause my bar was 50% full Monday, and I haven't done any races in a couple days, and now it is almost empty. I don't get it, anyway. I'm gonna eat some dinner, and then do a few races at DT.

Last edited:
IMG_7542.jpeg

I got two races in today fellas! First wasn’t bad, started pole as seems almost inevitable with that lightning quick quali time but lost a place going into the big left hairpin; ABS weak was a brave choice! Recovered nicely for a second position.

Just ran another before bed race now and it was fantastic, ABS default ftw! Lapped very nicely indeed for my second win of the week. God knows what I need to do to get a DR A rating but there we go 😂😂

@Leon Kowalski it is well documented that there's an objective gap between controller users and wheel users when it comes to tyre wear.

Typically in any race which doesn't have the lowest possible tyre multiplier, those of us using a DualShock/DualSense will have to select a car which has good tyre-wear resilience to stand a chance. Some vehicles are just completely off the menu.
That even dictates when to change the tyres, as I found out. I did it twice after lap 6, to have decent enough tyres in the final lap, but got undercut by several cars and lost some positions in the pit. I'll have to try it with a change after lap 5 and just hope to cling to whatever position I have in the last lap. Any other strategies aren't viable anyway.

Or I have to change the car for the race. But I love my Scirocco...🥹😆

Back