GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,976 comments
Brought my Race C QT in the NSX down to a 1:59.504. It didn't really help with my starting positions. Today at The Glen wasn't the greatest. I made a lot of Lap 1 mistakes that cost me a lot of chances at having a good race. Slower traffic didn't help. On the plus side, my clean air pace improved to mid 2:00s.

Race 1: Started P8. Lap 1 fecal farce. A Mazda blows the bus stop chicane, rejoins the track in front of me on the racing line, and bonks me to the inside of Turn 5. I eat a 1 second penalty. Immediately after, another Mazda blows Turn 6, rejoins the track in front of me on the racing line, and bonks me into a 180. I eat some damage. Kinda just gave up and puttered around in the back. Finished P14 (last, after DNFs).

Race 2: Started P9. Braked a bit too late at the bus stop chicane on Lap 1. To avoid ruining a Ford GT's race, I took the run-off, ate a reset, and came out P15. Finished P10.

Race 3: Started P9. Blew my braking into Turn 6 on Lap 1, losing me several positions. Finished P12.

Race 4: Started P10. Missed my braking point for Turn 8 on Lap 1 by a country mile, and punted an innocent Ford GT into another dimension*. Ate a deserved 4.0 second penalty. I have offended my family, and I have offended the Shaolin Temple. Hung back and finished P15 (last).

Race 5: Started P8. Blew the bus stop chicane on Lap 1. Managed to stay out of everyone's way without collecting any penalties, but wound up P15 (last). Finished P11.

Race 6: Started P7. Through a combination of avoiding accidents, my own mistakes, and aggressive traffic, I went from P7 to P5 to P10 on the first lap. Drove in anger and finished P7. Not very stoked with it, despite it being the day's best result.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

Lol, I kinda figured that. Well I'm a mortal human who gets normal lap times other than the insane aliens and professionals. I'm returning home from Myrtle Beach, SC Sunday so I don't know how much I'll get done with the daily races this week, but my DR should be okay, I have been inactive a couple days from the racing.

I’ve been in a lot of B/C lobbies but only as a DR-C to fill space, I finally made the move to DR-B, SR-S… I am officially BS. My wife will tell you that I should have a degree in BS (yes, the dad joke shows my age).

The down-side is that I go from top 5 starting positions in a C lobby to 15th-16th on the grid in a B. The pole position isn’t faster in B but there are many more fast times that are close to pole to fill spots. It looks like I need to drop at least 1 second from QT or I won’t be here long.

Last edited:
From today's Race 4:

Behold the exquisite braking techniques that have taken years of intense practice to hone and master. Magnificent. My style was impetuous, my defenses were impregnable, and I was ferocious.

*I hope the video doesn't get flagged for murder.

**I lost two more positions after apologizing.

Well his car is now 5 ft shorter....

It happens, gonna tell you what you already know.

Brake earlier but more gently and then adjust as needed (harder or softer) and focus on keeping the distance the same for the exit.

I don't think we need Perry Mason to tell us who done it 🤣

Thought I’d try a few race B, managed a 1.58.2xx which is starting fairly well, p5-9, not bad considering I haven’t touched this race this week. Why o why doesn’t it have medium tyres, more grip would bring better racing, I’m think next week race b on medium next week would be ok, let’s see

Thought I’d try a few race B, managed a 1.58.2xx which is starting fairly well, p5-9, not bad considering I haven’t touched this race this week. Why o why doesn’t it have medium tyres, more grip would bring better racing, I’m think next week race b on medium next week would be ok, let’s see
Ye daily B should of been on mediums atleast, super tricky combo on the hards. The past two weeks daily B have been really tough combos

Well his car is now 5 ft shorter....

It happens, gonna tell you what you already know.

Brake earlier but more gently and then adjust as needed (harder or softer) and focus on keeping the distance the same for the exit.

I don't think we need Perry Mason to tell us who done it 🤣
I normally brake just before the 200 board. That was... a bit later. 😅

Sometimes the one who needs to be named and shamed the most is oneself. 😔

I normally brake just before the 200 board. That was... a bit later. 😅
Glen top tip...when following people brake before they do ;)

Edit:

Joking aside, in traffic you need to brake like you are on the road, anticipate their braking and brake earlier. You don't lose time as you avoid taping them and also can line up your exit.

I know the vid was just an accident but posting for the lurkers etc

Last edited:
Evening folks! After drinking my entire drinks cabinet watching England play football and then hitting my target at RBR in this weeks time trial I decided to hit a race B again; three victories already this week but this was my first race as a DR A driver (ever)

My quali was still enough for pole position despite a lobby of A and A+ drivers; I drove an absolutely mega race except one track limits penalty in the fast esses but still finished first by 5+ seconds and another clean race victory!! Really loving translating my time trial pace into actual racing as I’ve often wondered over the last year whether my improved lap times would translate into better placing; it’s fair to say a wheel and VR make a huge difference: mad props to people who are racing to a high standard on a pad with a TV!

Might have another crack tomorrow just to solidify my DR A status, but feeling good after tonight’s race 😎

IMG_7682.jpeg

Evening folks! After drinking my entire drinks cabinet watching England play football and then hitting my target at RBR in this weeks time trial I decided to hit a race B again; three victories already this week but this was my first race as a DR A driver (ever)

My quali was still enough for pole position despite a lobby of A and A+ drivers; I drove an absolutely mega race except one track limits penalty in the fast esses but still finished first by 5+ seconds and another clean race victory!! Really loving translating my time trial pace into actual racing as I’ve often wondered over the last year whether my improved lap times would translate into better placing; it’s fair to say a wheel and VR make a huge difference: mad props to people who are racing to a high standard on a pad with a TV!

Might have another crack tomorrow just to solidify my DR A status, but feeling good after tonight’s race 😎

View attachment 1370524
… and all that after cocktails, nice job👍🍻

This happened in front of me but it has also happened to me. yellow makes his move at about the 200’- 100’ marker.
It looks like red dives in to block but, at some point he has to make his turn or straight line it. I think red owns the corner but….

opinions?

Last edited:
Did a 1:59.360 QT in the NSX, and hopped into some more Race C shenanigans. Strange things were afoot at The Glen. The racing was frustrating at times.

Race 1: Started P8. On Lap 1, a Ford GT exited the bus stop chicane all squirrely and smacked into me at Turn 5. I collected 3.0 seconds of wall penalties and damage. Finished P14.

Race 2: Started P4. Heading into the bus stop chicane on Lap 1, a Ford GT defended late and moved again under braking. I ate a run-off reset trying to avoid them, and came out P15 (last). Finished P12.

My DR dropped from B to C.

Race 3: Started P3. The two lead Mazdas and I pull away from the pack. On Lap 5, the second Mazda collected a 1.0 second penalty at the bus stop chicane. I inherited their place, and held on to secure a P2 podium.

Race 4: Started P5. Avoided Lap 1 carnage at the bus stop chicane, and found myself in P2, behind an LFA. When I caught up to it a few laps later, it kept trying to shove me out of the way when I would go for overtakes. On Lap 6, I pulled the 'ol switcheroo at Turn 1 and edged them very wide, taking the lead. Thanks to all that previous fighting, a Supra was able to catch up. It got past me at Turn 6 on the last lap. Despite having a good exit and slipstream off the final corner, I missed out on the win by 0.001 seconds, for another P2 podium.

full

My DR rose from C to B.

Race 5: Started P10. On Lap 1, a fellow NSX edged me wide at Turn 6. I wind up in P14 (last) with a wall penalty. Caught up to them on the last lap, edged them very wide at Turn 8, and stole their P9.

Race 6: Started P11. Everyone kept murdering themselves and each other and getting penalties. Barely had to do anything to finish P4.

edit:

This happened in front of me but it has also happened to me. yellow makes his move at about the 200’- 100’ marker.
It looks like red dives in to block but, at some point he has to make his turn or straight line it. I think red owns the corner but….

opinions?

Tough call. Even though I've done it, I mostly avoid making passes there.

Unfortunate racing incident. One of them should've backed out. Neither did. That being said, the LFA looked like it was half a car's length ahead when the Mazda turned in.

Nice awareness not tagging the Mazda, and getting out of the LFA's way. 👍

Last edited:

View attachment 1370524
That's awesome, what did you drink? I drink wine every once in a while!

Pardon me if this has been answered already but I just noticed that daily race C has its rewards increased by 600%.
How much credits are we talking about here?

opinions?

If I was red I would have backed out a little, yellow had the line and two wide through there is a race ruiner 🤣

I managed to get my race B just into the 1.57s, only just though, 1.57.9xx

Some decent races out there in BS, as soon as I max it out though into A and I’m starting dead last, funny ole game

Last edited:
If I was red I would have backed out a little, yellow had the line and two wide through there is a race ruiner 🤣

I managed to get my race B just into the 1.57s, only just though, 1.57.9xx

Some decent races out there in BS, as soon as I max it out though into A and I’m starting dead last, funny ole game
That’s where I am in BS, I’m starting near the bottom now and the driving and decision making in the back is just as bad in B as it was in C. I can compete in B but not from 15th. I think I’m done racing until I get my QT up.
I think one cause of drivers making bad passes is that races are too short and sometimes, you have to make a move even if it’s not a good move.
This is why I think the AI modes teach you bad habits. Vs AI you can easily win from 16th but in a clean race vs humans, without massive carnage, It’s pretty unlikely to get a good finish.

Last edited:
442,000 for a win with CRB I believe
When I first started the sport, daily races 3 months ago, I was trying to maintain 1,000,000 credits (buying cars and tuning) but I would see screen shots of players balanaces in the 30-50,000,000 range. I couldn’t understand how you could get that much.
I now understand it. I get credits for races but never spend them because all I do is use rentals and because of the BoP, I never tune.
Based on the Sport $$ fee though, you are basically buying those credits for actual cash.

That’s where I am in BS, I’m starting near the bottom now and the driving and decision making in the back is just as bad in B as it was in C. I can compete in B but not from 15th. I think I’m done racing until I get my QT up.
I think one cause of drivers making bad passes is that races are too short and sometimes, you have to make a move even if it’s not a good move.

Keep going buddy, I was like that into B from C and it’s the racecraft which keeps you there, now I just have to crack A, personally I don’t think I have the time for that but the evolution is interesting

Keep going buddy, I was like that into B from C and it’s the racecraft which keeps you there, now I just have to crack A, personally I don’t think I have the time for that but the evolution is interesting
You'll be surprised. I found that my progress slowed for a few reasons:

Pace, you have to start really finding a little more and what is generating that pace (lines, breaking etc but generally more measured)

Race craft in much much tighter grids where the general car control is better

Finally just some combos are de killers for me so I need to avoid them otherwise I'll lose all the progress made while not learning anything either.

But it improves in my stronger combos so I spend more time now practicing my weak ones at least to find more pace but don't race them now and do race hard the combos I'm slightly better at

Last edited:
Back