GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,458 comments
Oops. Seems like not many are doing race A, because:

IMG_4520.jpeg

To be honest, a race in which you need an engine swap to compete - which not everybody has available - is rubbish in my humble opinion.

Have barely played the last month but diving back in to the madness as I badly need some practice on this combo, with it on the schedule for the GTWS exhibitions.

Very slow as ever, only in the 59s so far with the RSR.
I remember now why I haven’t been racing. B might as well be a Wreckfest race. Just insanely terrible driving standards. Managed to tank my DR from S to C in 5 races, some my fault as a bit rusty but mostly just collateral damage. Did manage to get my practice time into the low 58s, in the Beetle of all things.

C is much more fun and civilized. Even managed a CRB whilst picking up 6 places. It’s nice to run a Gr1 race in something modern. I know the Group Cs are classics but they’re still dinosaurs.

Last edited:
They just insulted me 😅 Called me lonely and such things during the race. After the race they threw some not so funny things at me that i won't write here 😂
I know the feeling, I just ended up in a race with some A rated drivers and it wasn't pleasant. The guy who started behind me drove clean into the side of me in a dive bomb move and then when that didn't work he just plain took me out. He then had the cheek to call me a scummy driver !! Anyway, anger got the better of me so I waited for him and ran him off the track. I would never retaliate usually but he properly p*used me off. I race clean to the best of my ability, I can't stand idiots like that 🤬🤬

Attachments

• 20240708_233038.jpg
    20240708_233038.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 2
Safe to say Race A is scuffed beyond salvation, unfortunately. It's quite tragic that the first tuning race in 9 months is using a car where the engine swap completely breaks its PP calculation, to the point of having triple the horsepower at the exact same points range.

I can only hope the new physics mean a revised PP calculation that prevents these busted builds, but sadly I'm doubtful. Sucks that such a large part of the game is barely ever used online because of mistakes PD made in the first place.

What about Interlagos? I normally suck at that track, the irony is I do better at the Ring(NurbGP). The PP restrictions mess up the fun of the A races. Yeah the C races last week provided huge amounts of money for winning. What's your PSN id? What tracks are you usually good at? Because the ones where I feel weak I need tips and advice.

I'm not the guy for advice mate, I am useless! Unless its Bathurst, which hasnt been a used on the daily races for months..

Did one Race C tonight and everyone was breaking in different spots, it was crazy... and Monday is usually the sensible day in my experience.... doesnt bode well.

Prob see what next week brings..

Good evening! Just recently did the Nurburgring GP Gr3 race and had a bit of a rough seconds with another player who I believe called some “colorful thing” towards me at the after race screen because he was, from my point of view, fighting for 5P with me and trying to take me out of the tarmac and blocking me, when on my attempt to rejoin the tarmac while he was blocking me I kinda pit manuevered him unintentionally while I was just trying to get away from him. I have the replay and want to post it here (it has no names) just to, honestly read your input as to who was most at fault, him or me, so I can of course learn and improve and if his insult (whatever it was, language barrier 🤣) is deserved or not; I can take it 😊

So my question is, I have to upload my video somewhere of course and post the link. Besides YouTube, is there any site I van upload the video and post it here?

Thanks in advance!

I've found a little trick to get the tyres up to temperature a little quicker in race B, it gives so much more confidence in the Mercedes Arena when you can lean on the car 👌

So my question is, I have to upload my video somewhere of course and post the link. Besides YouTube, is there any site I van upload the video and post it here?
Anywhere you can upload videos and get a shareable link will work for here, YouTube is the easiest because you can do it all through the console without needing to copy to USB, etc.

Here's my updated best lap and new (best I think depends on driving style) tune for Race A.

I think for the most part the minor things are personal preference and all of the things I've tried my optimal time is a high 50.0, hopefully I can figure out whatever major changes first in the world is doing to run a 49.4.

Good evening! Just recently did the Nurburgring GP Gr3 race and had a bit of a rough seconds with another player who I believe called some “colorful thing” towards me at the after race screen because he was, from my point of view, fighting for 5P with me and trying to take me out of the tarmac and blocking me, when on my attempt to rejoin the tarmac while he was blocking me I kinda pit manuevered him unintentionally while I was just trying to get away from him. I have the replay and want to post it here (it has no names) just to, honestly read your input as to who was most at fault, him or me, so I can of course learn and improve and if his insult (whatever it was, language barrier 🤣) is deserved or not; I can take it 😊

Thanks in advance!
I use Odysee to upload videos, it is a lot more censorship resistant than YouTube and everyone with an account makes cryptocurrency.

Thanks in advance!
Well, you tube it is; here’s the video: Fourth lap of five, I’m the NSX GT500. Honest question; Am I in the wrong here or not?

I've found a little trick to get the tyres up to temperature a little quicker in race B, it gives so much more confidence in the Mercedes Arena when you can lean on the car 👌

Anywhere you can upload videos and get a shareable link will work for here, YouTube is the easiest because you can do it all through the console without needing to copy to USB, etc.

Made me think of those "arab drifters".....I think that move is called "Ta'geed" :lol:

Well, you tube it is; here’s the video: Fourth lap of five, I’m the NSX GT500. Honest question; Am I in the wrong here or not?

You are in the wrong from the look of that video. But looks largely like a normal GT racing incident with the accidental self Pitt manoeuvre. Generally I think it was all a bit clumsy.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess this must be a D/C lobby as the ghosting is so strong?

You don't need to fight that hard every corner. And that isn't the best place to overtake 2 corners down the road it is safer. You don't get track limit penalties there and you can go both inside and outside lines to pass.

Just my 2p/cents

The Honda did nothing wrong! No bias!

act-innocent.gif

Nah, yeah. Both of y'all were driving like the other person wasn't there. A lot of unnecessary contact. But... the Ferrari kept pushing you instead of preparing for the next corner. That rarely ends well.

Maybe slot in behind them and try an overtake in Turns 6, 7, or 8? Or even later, under braking at the chicane?

Last edited:
After 2 weeks away battling real life Spanish drivers on the roads of Mallorca, looks like I've come back to another week of not racing them on GT7 - don't really fancy any of the races ☹️

Might just manage a brief look at race A....

Had a couple of nice runs at Interlagos in the Porsche. Pitting lap 1 works best for me. Still have trouble managing the battery, was on the brink of emptying it for most of the race. A couple of CRBs recovered my SR from C to high A.

Got down to around a 57.7 at NGP in the Huracan but really don't feel like racing again, even though I clearly need the practice. In one race some madman picked up 15 secs of penalties in the first half lap. The back straight was a ghost town with everyone serving their time.

I wish I'd known about the engine swap issue on race A before I spent a huge amount of credits tuning the stock engine. I then load up a ghost a realise that they are out of sight by the exit of the 1st chicane. I don't have the engine swap available, so what a silly mistake from PD.

The other two races really do not appeal (a clean race around Nuremburg is generally impossible and for race C a combination ofGr1 cars and weird track limits at chicane 1 really puts me off).

No races at all this week for me then. Its a shame because Race C last week was one of the best for a long time.

You are in the wrong from the look of that video. But looks largely like a normal GT racing incident with the accidental self Pitt manoeuvre. Generally I think it was all a bit clumsy.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess this must be a D/C lobby as the ghosting is so strong?

You don't need to fight that hard every corner. And that isn't the best place to overtake 2 corners down the road it is safer. You don't get track limit penalties there and you can go both inside and outside lines to pass.

Just my 2p/cents
Yeah, it was a D lobby, 16 players and only 10 finished the race 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m still trying to find how to best react between not hitting anyone and not backing up if I’m being challenged, for me I was trying to hold my line and he was bumping all over me, but critique taken and honestly that’s what I wanted, thank you 😊
The Honda did nothing wrong! No bias!

act-innocent.gif

Nah, yeah. Both of y'all were driving like the other person wasn't there. A lot of unnecessary contact. But... the Ferrari kept pushing you instead of preparing for the next corner. That rarely ends well.

Maybe slot in behind them and try an overtake in Turns 6, 7, or 8? Or even later, under braking at the chicane?
Did try that chicane tactic but was dive bombed 🤷🏻‍♂️ anyways thanks for your input too, really much appreciated 😊

I’m trying to improve my racing “etiquette”, not wanting to ruin anyone else’s race nor mine; it’s a delicate balance between keeping your line and know how and when to defend or attack. Still much to learn.

Thanks again!

I wish I'd known about the engine swap issue on race A before I spent a huge amount of credits tuning the stock engine. I then load up a ghost a realise that they are out of sight by the exit of the 1st chicane. I don't have the engine swap available, so what a silly mistake from PD.

The other two races really do not appeal (a clean race around Nuremburg is generally impossible and for race C a combination ofGr1 cars and weird track limits at chicane 1 really puts me off).

No races at all this week for me then. Its a shame because Race C last week was one of the best for a long time.
I mean it the first time single player has mattered on a daily race. Should we never have tuning daily races because L50 players have an advantage on people who not level 50?

Last edited:
I'm ready to do some races at the NurbGP track. Wish me luck today and tonight.
"Yesterday, I participated in the C-races. They didn't go badly, but they didn't bring me much joy either. It felt more like a time trial than actual racing because of the speed. I ended the day with some qualifying in B, but I got frustrated with the understeer, which I don't like.
Today, I continued with the B races but made some adjustments to reduce the oversteer (rol bar). I enjoy it a lot more now. The race results haven't been great due to some forced errors, but I believe they'll improve later this week."

4o

🤣🤣🤣 Couldn't understand how I managed to win by 26 seconds and then I watched the replay 🙈 All the bad eggs in 1 basket. Anyway, I am not going to complain
funny how I can't remember your name, been on c s in Europe for a lot of races.
do they really put the same drivers together...hmm I mean,are we all on different Servers, so that we might' meet at 2am on a Tuesday. ?

"Yesterday, I participated in the C-races. They didn't go badly, but they didn't bring me much joy either. It felt more like a time trial than actual racing because of the speed. I ended the day with some qualifying in B, but I got frustrated with the understeer, which I don't like.
Today, I continued with the B races but made some adjustments to reduce the oversteer (rol bar). I enjoy it a lot more now. The race results haven't been great due to some forced errors, but I believe they'll improve later this week."

4o
☝️what he said , about race c☝️ race b is my hate track. but fukkie (lol) is also right, with adjustments and the right car, it can be done,but don't expect it to be fun. worst week ever for me in Gran turismo and I have not much else in my life besides the bestest doggie...I don't even play other games

To be honest, a race in which you need an engine swap to compete - which not everybody has available - is rubbish in my humble opinion.
I understand what you mean.
Very early in GT7 there was an A race that used a BMW M3. If you swapped the engine, you could slaughter all the other drivers who used the stock engine. I was fortunate enough to to be one of the few who had won the upgraded engine on the roulette wheel.
I easily won several races, then quit.
First of all, it isn't very fun to do the races without other cars to compete with. Secondly, I felt guilty for curb stomping all the other drivers who just hadn't been lucky enough to win the right engine.

However, a long time ago, they made a change to allow anyone to buy any of the swappable engines at any time.
Whomever has 100k credits to spend, can get the necessary engine for the Jimny at the same place where you change oil and purchase the widebodies. 👍

Last edited:
☝️what he said , about race c☝️ race b is my hate track. but fukkie (lol) is also right, with adjustments and the right car, it can be done,but don't expect it to be fun. worst week ever for me in Gran turismo and I have not much else in my life besides the bestest doggie...I don't even play other games
At least it's done at a good time to get some practice in for Saturdays GTWS race and Sundays Toyota Gazoo race.

I understand what you mean.
Very early in GT7 there was an A race that used a BMW M3. If you swapped the engine, you could slaughter all the other drivers who used the stock engine. I was fortunate enough to to be one of the few who had won the upgraded engine on the roulette wheel.
I easily won several races, then quit.
First of all, it isn't very fun to do the races without other cars to compete with. Secondly, I felt guilty for curb stomping all the other drivers who just hadn't been lucky enough to win the right engine.

However, a long time ago, they made a change to allow anyone to buy any of the swappable engines at any time.
Whomever has 100k credits to spend, can get the necessary engine for the Jimny at the same place where you change oil and purchase the widebodies. 👍
well once you are Collector Level 50.

The BMW race wasnt as loopsides as this one either.

Anyone who has a collector level of 50. It's a massive disadvantage for newer players, like many other multiplayer games where older players have access to the better equipment.

Oh
I've been at 50 for a long time. I had no idea that was a limiting factor.
I think I reached level 50 last year, around Summer 2023. Do you have a good tune I could use, after my tuning, I was only able to get my Jimny at 407PP, so I have 13 more points to spare. And some people keep mentioning about the engine swaps, I thought we weren't allowed to use them in the daily races, especially for tuned races.

Back