GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,701 comments
Not too bad!

1721058511073.jpg

Yes, a little bit of wall riding in turn 2, but you need to be very precise even with that, one step too far and you get a 3 sec penalty. I don't know how people race, with or without it, I must try tonight when I put the kids to bed.

I actually love this HSR race.

Qualy time for me is a 1.14.2. Had a close race earlier, started 11th,finished 5th, great driving by all. Top 6 by 2.2s at the end!

190b71743e523-screenshotUrl.jpg

190b717672448-screenshotUrl.jpg

190b717844470-screenshotUrl.jpg

At the chequered flag... Top 3 split by a hair (you can barely see the 3rd placed guy tucked into the slipstream), then a small gap to 4th-6th. Wonderful stuff!

190b717b36495-screenshotUrl.jpg

but you need to be very precise even with that, one step too far and you get a 3 sec penalty.
I just did 8 laps and only one of them was penalty free, you definitely need to hit the small gap in the collision box perfectly or the exit rear quarter tap triggers the pen.

I'm not sure it would be viable in the race as the min penalty is 1.5s and the max is 3s but I'm not sure how it decides between them.

Yeah, any type of penalty on this track absolutely kills the race, because you don't lose 3 seconds, you lose at least 5 or 6 by the end of the humongous straight. I will fire up the second account and try from the back, just to see how it goes in the race itself with the collision limits etc.

I just did 8 laps and only one of them was penalty free, you definitely need to hit the small gap in the collision box perfectly or the exit rear quarter tap triggers the pen.

I'm not sure it would be viable in the race as the min penalty is 1.5s and the max is 3s but I'm not sure how it decides between them.
It just needs a slight brush of the wall to work, much more and it's a penalty.
Didn't use it in the only race I've done so far, some did and got 2 second penalty.
As @Vule said it kills your race if you do.

Is the actual HSR race as boring as it looks?
No it's quite fun because of the slip stream and the 2 technical corners. Its about 3 laps to short though.

It was actually hilarious watching the A+ drivers all trying to wall ride in the slipstream and traffic.

"What is sportsmanship"

Actually got passed all of the A+ wall riding try hards (in race) just by not hitting the wall until I was Pitt'd by a lambo driving A+ wall rider on the last lap. All fun and games

@Barney Da Dog was there doing amazingly well in the McLaren in a sea of bugs! Well played mate!

Last edited:
No it's quite fun because of the slip stream and the 2 technical corners. Its about 3 laps to short though.
That's what she said!

Did around 15 laps as was playing around with the weekly challenges earlier, need to find my best wheel setup but not too disheartened for the time I put in. Had to stop as need to go pick up Mrs Techno and also change the oil + filter on the Saab for the 2nd time this week as doing it every 150 miles for now until I get to about 500 miles since the rebuild and running in on the engine.

1721064413953.jpeg

I did have a fright (with a bit of stimulation down there lol) on my way to work this morning... I currently have the engine turned to "Map 1" to have a 4,800 rev limit and less air/ fuel to be gentle until everything is confirmed 1,000% as it should be... Going uphill on 4th gear at around 2k RPM, I help it out a bit by putting the go pedal at half throttle a within a couple of seconds, I was spinning the damn tires and practically digging trenches in the tarmac! 😂 😅 Properly didn't expect the power that kicked in...

I drove very slowly to work and then when I came home, I downloaded the logs and sorted by boost and engine load to find this....

1721064693325.png

Friggin 29 PSI at 3,600 RPM lol. That kind of power is for party mode only i.e. "map 4" and only allowed after 2,000 miles of running in! Thankfully everything is sound and no damage at all after inspecting a lot of things and other numbers. Was worried of oil starvation due to the unbalanced settings but damn, I'm glad I know how to build strong engines 😎🤭😉

Turned it down to just 13 PSI now and even though both the Saab and me want to go fast, we need to be patient and take it easy 😂 Good luck at the races everyone and Merry Xmas 😜🎅

1721064967738.jpeg

Last edited:

It was actually hilarious watching the A+ drivers all trying to wall ride in the slipstream and traffic.

"What is sportsmanship"

Actually got passed all of the A+ wall riding try hards (in race) just by not hitting the wall until I was Pitt'd by a lambo driving A+ wall rider on the last lap. All fun and games

@Barney Da Dog was there doing amazingly well in the McLaren in a sea of bugs! Well played mate!
Good to see you!

My first race in over 2 weeks, and with new firmware and a stiffer brake - plus I hadn't meant to enter the race with the McLaren🤣
It was a good, fun race though.

I've not tried C yet, but it's soooo nice to see Gr3 and... Soft Tyres😮

Good to see you!

My first race in over 2 weeks, and with new firmware and a stiffer brake - plus I hadn't meant to enter the race with the McLaren🤣
It was a good, fun race though.

I've not tried C yet, but it's soooo nice to see Gr3 and... Soft Tyres😮
It was great to see you racing and hats off mate that result in the MCL was next level. Kie was in our lobby as well not wall riding.

I've done a few laps QT at DF but I'm not sure it's gonna be that fun in A lobbies just the fact that the Ford is again the car of choice. Last time round I stuck with the 650 until Friday when the ford guys had need practicing all week and you can't defend them down the straights. If they get passed I found it very hard to use the twisty bit handling to my benefit. I will do it for SR but zero hope of gaining DR

happy holidays🏖️
Dankeschön!

Not too bad!

View attachment 1372713

Yes, a little bit of wall riding in turn 2, but you need to be very precise even with that, one step too far and you get a 3 sec penalty. I don't know how people race, with or without it, I must try tonight when I put the kids to bed.
I don't like the wallriding, but I admire drivers who can pull it off flawlessly.

Such a moral dilemma... 🤣

45 minutes to get down to 1:13.9 🙈 It's harder than it looks. I tried to use the wall but that's alien level (15 tries and 15 penalties 🤣🤣). I think I can get down to a 13.7 but I need food first!!
Yeah I couldn't do the wall riding either but now having watched it in race I see better how it's done. Any other track and he shows the penalty before you touch the wall 😝

I have a 1:-13.8 I think or a god lap of 1:13.5 but that it without wall riding.

I'm actually enjoying the race to be fair so with the wall riding etc I'm not going to TT anymore and just race

Found myself incredibly unmotivated to participate in any of last week's races, or even improve on QTs. This week looks OK.

Race A: 1:30.874 Can't say I'm looking forward to getting wall smashed, but the EK Touring Car is fun. I picture my races going thusly:

oV7ZkZM.gif

Race B: 1:16.164 in the NSX Gr.4. She'll probably be a sitting duck if caught out of the draft. My Turn 2 needs work so I can get into the 1:15s. I'm too stubborn to change cars or ride walls.

Race C: 1:27.957 in the NSX Gr.3. I still have nightmares from the Gr.4 sprint a while back.

Race B: 1:16.164 in the NSX Gr.4. She'll probably be a sitting duck if caught out of the draft. My Turn 2 needs work so I can get into the 1:15s. I'm too stubborn to change cars or ride walls.
I absolutely get the desire to drive the cars you like, but realistically there are only 3 cars that are competitive here (with and without wall riding)

The rest are sitting ducks. You should consider the idea of using the clear and I mean absolutely clear meta car for B.

If you really do want to go anti meta then the Lambo is probably the next best and the Mazda if you know when to short shift might hold its own top speed wise.

Good luck and good speed friend 👍

Is the actual HSR race as boring as it looks?
I hope not. I got a good time in a ranking of about 6,500. It was in the low 1'16.000's. I'm trying to find the trick to get a little extra boost of speed before crossing the bridge(Sector 2). I know the trick before the finish line. Staying close to the rail to get any extra speed so I can have a fast straightway. Riding the walls is cheating, but I don't think PD will do anything about the issue. See, it's unfair to most of us normal drivers.

Honestly I have more of an issue handling the Group 4 cars than the 3 ones.

Lol, I got 314 top 5 finishes. That's the number of pi. (3.14)

1721075253635.png

Last edited:
Race B be like...

9eb3058b9c80ae995ffe93372a657615.gif
Lol, good analogy of it. A wall-riding marathon! I'm sure that broke the side-mirror.

So, here lies in the question. How do you get through that section quick without hitting the wall, I tried it four times and everytime I hit the wall and lose speed.

Lol, good analogy of it. A wall-riding marathon! I'm sure that broke the side-mirror.

So, here lies in the question. How do you get through that section quick without hitting the wall, I tried it four times and everytime I hit the wall and lose speed.
Circuit experience mate.

That will give you a faster car which makes the Gr4 stuff "feel" slower.

The other thing is to understand coasting the car to maintain momentum. The wall riding corner you just need to brake just enough to turn in and let gravity do its thing.

It's tempting to hit the power early but work up to that. Also a Glen tip is you need to do at least 2 laps as you can't get the speed out of the last corner on the first lap you have to do at least 2 to hit the MPH for a fast lap.

I hope not. I got a good time in a ranking of about 6,500. It was in the low 1'16.000's. I'm trying to find the trick to get a little extra boost of speed before crossing the bridge(Sector 2). I know the trick before the finish line. Staying close to the rail to get any extra speed so I can have a fast straightway. Riding the walls is cheating, but I don't think PD will do anything about the issue. See, it's unfair to most of us normal drivers.

Honestly I have more of an issue handling the Group 4 cars than the 3 ones.

Lol, I got 314 top 5 finishes. That's the number of pi. (3.14)

View attachment 1372797
I have just done a 1:13.7 and I didn't ride the wall ( I'm not able...I have tried). Keep practicing 👍👍👍

I have just done a 1:13.7 and I didn't ride the wall ( I'm not able...I have tried). Keep practicing 👍👍👍
Great, now I know it's possible. I need to find a replay that shows a driver who clocked in a 1'15.500 and uses an MT. I'll try it out tonight and into tomorrow. I need to pay attention to their lines and moves on HSR.

Last edited:
Yeah I couldn't do the wall riding either but now having watched it in race I see better how it's done. Any other track and he shows the penalty before you touch the wall 😝

I have a 1:-13.8 I think or a god lap of 1:13.5 but that it without wall riding.

I'm actually enjoying the race to be fair so with the wall riding etc I'm not going to TT anymore and just race
I know now that I just cannot go quicker, I have clocked 340 miles just on QT, it's not going to happen 🤣 I think tomorrow I will do the same and just race and see how it goes 👍

Last week Race C got me at the top of the DR.B. Saturday night was hight and low. Got a win from 3rd on the grid. My 3rd win since I got the game early June.

The low part was a dirty driver who kept side sweeping anyone he could catch up to. It seems this kind of contact are in the blindspot of PD Penality detection. At the end of the race I just write WTF in the chat. Next morning I got an e-mail from Sony telling me I broke the code of conduct in GT7. Can you believe the troll took time to report me to Sony! :grumpy:

Looking forward to race DeepForest against other people. Last time I did was in GT5 Shuffle Race. I'm expecting my DR.B to drop as I will not be fast on this new track.

The top qualifiers at race B are wall-riding at turn 2. :irked:
The race details say that wall collision penalty is set to "Weak".
They need to change it to "Strong", and reset the times, asap!

After the: "cool combo this week" to the "oh yeah, gonna be a one make race full of Veyron's, but that's okay" came the "oh s'*t there is a curved wall here, nah moving on" just 10 minutes into Omega's stream this morning. I was away from the game so long I forgot there was such a thing as wallriding.

Well, at least I'm three seconds from the top time (at HSR). That's an improvement. Usually I'm 4-5 seconds away from the top 500 drivers.

@Seth_Logan Yeah, I didn't know you could wallride like that either. See the aliens are abusing that in the game.

TBH, I don't see how riding the wall like can help, because it would cause the car to lose speed while it touches the wall. So idk how the aliens can pull those tricks out of the bag like that.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back