GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,730 comments
Hey everyone! I'm back! I was focusing on playing the slog known as Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (which I have opinions on but won't air them here) as I was anticipating that game since it was announced. I also played some Powerwash Simulator which is oddly relaxing. I did do a GTWS in May so I haven't been away for too long, but it's been a while since I did some Daily Races.

I'm going with Race B this week as I can "ease" back into Sport Mode. I wasn't a fan of the idea of using the Veyron, but it grew on me quick and I set an initial time of 1:15.2XX. Which I don't think is too shabby for not having driven the car before. For a laugh, I tried the Huracan and set a time of 1:15.037. But, the Huracan would be eaten alive on the straights so I tried again in the Veyron. After I put my custom livery on it of course. I eventually got down to a 1:14.8XX and I'm happy with that so far.

I've also been skimming this forum and kind of keeping up with everything so I'm not that out of the loop. Feel free to add me on PSN. My name there is the same here.

Well, at least I'm three seconds from the top time (at HSR). That's an improvement. Usually I'm 4-5 seconds away from the top 500 drivers.
That's great progress, Chris! At the beginning of my online racing journey, back in GT Sport, I used to gauge my speed against the fastest times and my benchmark was usually 3 seconds vs the top. I've come a long way and the rise has been organic and unforced over the years.

Way to go, kid!

I’ve been playing in VR since Saturday, on a new account, but I don’t have enough café menu items yet to do sport so I jumped over to my main account and gave that a try in VR. I’m currently about .2 seconds slower at the High Speed ring for lap, than I am in bumper view, but driving in VR feels so much better so I’m in a dilemma. Do I racing VR or bumper?

Got a pretty decent time for having been away from this a few weeks now.
IMG_8363.jpeg
IMG_8364.jpeg

Edit. I did my first ever race in VR. It did not go well. lol. Went from 4 to 15th after a lap 4 incident at turn 2.

Race B is a combo of touring cars and dodgems. Ironically, considering I can swivel my head around, I feel less informed of what’s going on around me then when running bumper view with the radar right in front of me. It’s going to be a learning curve.

Last edited:
I guess the Veyron is the meta car for HSR, see I'm using the Scirocco car. It handles the turns and corners okay but it's still not giving me enough speed for the lap. I could try the 650S, but I don't think that's the right option either. I have to choose my car's wisely as my time is limited this week. I still have ABS set at weak and the TCS set at 1. So that should be helping me get ome grip and control on my lap.

Last edited:
I’ve been playing in VR since Saturday, on a new account, but I don’t have enough café menu items yet to do sport so I jumped over to my main account and gave that a try in VR. I’m currently about two seconds slower at the High Speed ring for lap, than I am in bumper view, but driving in VR feels so much better so I’m in a dilemma. Do I racing VR or bumper?

Got a pretty decent time for having been this a few weeks now.
View attachment 1372853View attachment 1372852

Edit. I did my first ever race in VR. It did not go well. lol. Went from 4 to 15th after a lap 4 incident at turn 2.

Race B is a combo of touring cars and dodgems. Ironically, considering I can swivel my head around, I feel less informed of what’s going on around me then when running bumper view with the radar right in front of me. It’s going to be a learning curve.
You’ll get used to having side mirrors soon. And turning your head. Its a blast when your going side by side theough a corner staring at the guy next to you. Still wish the game showed you looking..and hand signals.

👀

Good and bad!

I wonder what VR feels like, I've never tried it in the daily races before. It will take time for me to get used to it, if I try it in the future.

Last edited:
You’ll get used to having side mirrors soon. And turning your head. Its a blast when your going side by side theough a corner staring at the guy next to you. Still wish the game showed you looking..and hand signals.

👀

Good and bad!
The immersion is intense. I just tried the GT LM for QT on C and frankly that was terrifying. 🫣

I wonder what VR feels like, I've never tried it in the daily races before. It will take time for me to get used to it, if I try it in the future.
No video does it justice. You have a 1:1 frame of view so everything seems life sized. Depth perception into corners just feels right but you still have to contend with limited views in the car, reflections on windscreen etc. but for anyone whose ever driven a car for a while it’ll seem “right”.

While the TV is much clearer and easier to see on, it just feels wrong now…

This was my first race (abridged).

GT7 | Daily Race B | My first very VR race did not go well

Last edited:
Good to see you!

My first race in over 2 weeks, and with new firmware and a stiffer brake - plus I hadn't meant to enter the race with the McLaren🤣
It was a good, fun race though.

I've not tried C yet, but it's soooo nice to see Gr3 and... Soft Tyres😮
The soft are a delight I couldn't believe it. as if someone of the ones in charge, or an intern with good relations is reading this thread 🤭

My son had a bad evening, so I only had time for some quali laps and a single race (daily race B). Apparently I started on pole. I used the Veyron. Lost the position to a Huracan to finish P2, but it was a three-way clean fight (together with another Veyron) from start to finish. Very enjoyable. We clearly drove away from the rest of the pack (P4 at 7 seconds) and had our own race.

I’ve been playing in VR since Saturday, on a new account, but I don’t have enough café menu items yet to do sport so I jumped over to my main account and gave that a try in VR. I’m currently about .2 seconds slower at the High Speed ring for lap, than I am in bumper view, but driving in VR feels so much better so I’m in a dilemma. Do I racing VR or bumper?

Got a pretty decent time for having been this a few weeks now.
View attachment 1372853View attachment 1372852

I've only been using VR since this year and it's incredibly realistic. It's a bit difficult in the races, you don't see the other vehicles properly or you see them too late. It also depends on which car you're using. In the Veyron the view to the rear is still good, but in other cars it's not possible at all. Another problem in races is that you can't see where your opponents are and who is/was in the pits. It will be interesting for me to see how a good A driver copes with VR. I don't want to drive anything else, even if I can never move up. For me the feeling of driving a real racing car is great (and I know what it feels like in real life). Have fun with VR2.

ize that guy

I find VR the best most immersive home gaming experience i've ever had, each to their own but i do find the ability to perceive the depth of corner entry and exit better and especially for Sport mode a much easier awareness of who and what is around you to race fair and clean. Minus some appalling etiquette by others I also find it helps with the depth being able to pre-empt the incidents up ahead as you have much better view of those drivers acting out. Can't recommend it enough with a rig.

Good example being last week with Race B at Nurb GP, with the track undulations you can see so far ahead across the track and those causing their own carnage and so prepare to pass or avoid better. Group 3 at Nurb GP should be excellent it's just ruined by some small minded drivers, worst I've seen in a long time last week and binned out of DR B through no fault of my own; makes me wonder if PD could somehow programme in Heavy Damage that only affects those delivering the impact.

New one-Gr3 car-only account is up and running. I decided to go with the 2020 AMG in the end, good allrounder and very stable. Done my initial DR E training and ready to see how I do just driving this same car every race. Don’t think I’ll be beating the metas but hopefully I’ll get faster with a lot of mileage.

PSN for this one is Fezzik-GT. Add me, wave as you go past, and please don’t take offence if I nudge you off. I’m a bit clumsy at times but rarely malicious.

IMG_4532.jpeg

Made 2 races at C yesterday. First with the Corvette, quite fun but lack of top speed to catch the GT40s. The 2nd with the Supra (the new one, not the GT500), quite similar to the Corvertte but I find it more agile in the slow part of the track. Both races ended P9, maybe I'll go back this afternoon and try some other cars

Proof that my 80% win rate in race A last week was down to the car, not the driver - 4 races yesterday, finished last in all of them!

Tried race C first - started last, finished last.

Moved to race B, started P9, finished last. Started P10, finished last. Finally, with my DR now dangerously close to dropping to C, started P14(?), finished last. Has anybody else noticed that you sometimes get more drivers with faster QTs when you drop down the rankings? - seems couterintuitive to me....

Despite the Veyron dominating the qualifying times, other cars seem to cope OK in the race, presumably provided they can stay in the slipstream. Saw an NSX, a Viper, and a Citroen all moving forward in the races I was in.

Has anybody else noticed that you sometimes get more drivers with faster QTs when you drop down the rankings? - seems couterintuitive to me....
I'd imagine a lot of the A drivers don't need to sweat the QT like the rest of us as starting position when the skills gap is so close isn't a massive thing.

Where as in B/C lobbies QT really does alter the whole dynamic so they do my QT.

I'd imagine a lot of the A drivers don't need to sweat the QT like the rest of us as starting position when the skills gap is so close isn't a massive thing.

Where as in B/C lobbies QT really does alter the whole dynamic so they do my QT.
Never made the dizzy heights of A, so wouldn't know about that! 😂

Just seems odd that as a mid-B I'm starting better than P10, one hour later as a bottom-end B I'm starting nearly last.

Could still be the same effect though, lower ranked Bs putting more effort into qualifying.

The immersion is intense. I just tried the GT LM for QT on C and frankly that was terrifying. 🫣

No video does it justice. You have a 1:1 frame of view so everything seems life sized. Depth perception into corners just feels right but you still have to contend with limited views in the car, reflections on windscreen etc. but for anyone whose ever driven a car for a while it’ll seem “right”.

The sf and lmp cars can get the eyes pretty wide.

I’ve found the cars become more unique as well. Quirks and idiosyncrasies and all that. Speaking of which, I’ve found gr4 and down, a circular wheel makes more sense in the hands. Gr3 is car to car, and anything faster, break out the yoke.

Do you think you’ll keep the floating HuD? I kept that thing for a week, but with things happening quickly, it always felt in the way. Almost messing with perception. The info’s important, but not entirely necessary.

One final tip, with your in car searing position, it’s helpful to find a spot where your back just far enough to catch, at least one side view mirror with your peripheral vision. On the east coast we drive like flaming arsehats, and i used to have a bunch of trucks without rearviews, so while this was natural for me to adapt too it may be hard for people who didn’t grow up driving the jersey turnpike etc

I think that's one reason as well. I also think the cross over points between different ranks overlaps a fair bit.

In match making that the most suitable DR/SR irrespective of QT which also accounts for the difference possibly?

After 7 races (3 wins, 6 podiums - and one bit of stupidity when I put the fuel mix to 5 instead of the brake balance, took me 4 laps to notice) I’m back up to DR C with the AMG.

IMG_4533.jpeg

Only one CRB though, which is poor. Not contact (only 1 penalty in those 7 races when someone moved under braking into turn 1), just track limits and wall-brushing.

Last edited:
DK
Yeah, but I can fend off sideswipes easier with a controller.
I use controller. Never raced with....sorry i forgot, i tried once in a store with a wheel and it was ok, but before i finished the first people started to watch, i got nervous and stopped.

Did some more qualifying for Race A this morning - now I'm in the top 300 times!
Wow, that's great. What method did you use to get your time? I think the best rank I ever had was in the top 2000 at the Daytona oval sometime in late 2022. Are you a controller user or a wheel user?

Wow, that's great. What method did you use to get your time? I think the best rank I ever had was in the top 2000 at the Daytona oval sometime in late 2022. Are you a controller user or a wheel user?
Just using the old DS4, yeah. I didn't tinker with the TCS or anything, either, as I left it at zero.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I do take note of those yellow markers, which seem to indicate the apex of a given turn at the various Tokyo Expressway layouts. So I try to get to as close to those as I can when I go through a turn. As for a more specific example, I do try to hit that very first turn in 5th gear, and when I go through turn 2, I'm almost in 6th, upshifting very soon after passing through it.

Last edited:
No, i dont think that he reported you. There are other sites, where you can´t write bad words. It automatically tells you "there are restricted words" or something like that. The "system" recognises it by its own. i had this warning already 3 times. got my account blocked for 1 week i think. like we would all be children below 10.

Welcome to the club!
The A pillar on the ford GT is a bit intrussive but you get accustomed to.

The real problem that we, the PSVR2 users have is the lack of information during race.
We cant see gaps with other players, lap times, the name of the player at our rear bumper (its very important to know if the player behind is a fair guy or a dirty one).

Despite all that, I still choose to race in VR.
Is the best gaming experience I had in my life.

Last edited:
My son had a bad evening, so I only had time for some quali laps and a single race (daily race B). Apparently I started on pole. I used the Veyron. Lost the position to a Huracan to finish P2, but it was a three-way clean fight (together with another Veyron) from start to finish. Very enjoyable. We clearly drove away from the rest of the pack (P4 at 7 seconds) and had our own race.
The draft is really a thing in Gt, the moment you have over 1sec distance to the one in front in the same car, you have to hope for a mistake

Well I guess I'll give the Veyron a few tries since it is the meta car. Now I am only having my TCS at 0-1 at all times. Idk about the brake balance and the other settings. What about the CSA, is it better to have it on weak or strong?

Back