GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,151 comments
What's your current settings with 1.49? I'm in the process of changing mine and I thing I messed everything up so I am back to the drawing board.
I'm using my ones from before just trying to figure out what to change to stop the clipping/juddering when I understeer. When I dial that out I'll post the new one but the current are (suggestions welcome)

SEN Auto
FFB 100
FFS Peak
NFR 15
NDP 10
Int 10
FEI 100
SPR20
DPR 50
BRF 70

I don't have load cells either, still using the G29 pedals. You definitely have to be much more precise with braking now - both in pressure and location on the track - throughout the whole braking process. I swear if you brake .05" seconds too late it translates to .250" seconds lost. Especially since the cars feel like there is no longer ABS they just want to slide.

This is speaking from a Gr3 perspective, but thus far I think the new physics are worse than the old ones. FFB is fine, tire wear is fine, everything is fine but the braking feels off. Hopefully that changes in time.

I did a couple race Bs yesterday on the alt. My lap times in the Porsche were like a second+ off the purple lap (Supra). Don't know how that translates from car-to-car anymore but not very promising.
Feeling the same regarding the brakes. Almost feels like there is some underlying changes with the brake pedal travels vs braking power correlation with my trail braking feeling completely off and with 0 consistency.

I did do one Race B in the McLaren and my race pace was around 2s per lap off Gloty in the Supra (The fast guy who always appear in Tidgney's Daily Race video), him into 2:17's and mine at 2:19.3. I reckon around 1 sec per lap is on the car and the rest is down to me running out of talent.

I don't have load cells either, still using the G29 pedals. You definitely have to be much more precise with braking now - both in pressure and location on the track - throughout the whole braking process. I swear if you brake .05" seconds too late it translates to .250" seconds lost. Especially since the cars feel like there is no longer ABS they just want to slide.

This is speaking from a Gr3 perspective, but thus far I think the new physics are worse than the old ones. FFB is fine, tire wear is fine, everything is fine but the braking feels off. Hopefully that changes in time.

I did a couple race Bs yesterday on the alt. My lap times in the Porsche were like a second+ off the purple lap (Supra). Don't know how that translates from car-to-car anymore but not very promising.
I have the G29 but I have a truebrake mod in it. It's definitely better than the standard brake and does help with trial braking, but just can't do it in the new physics at all.

Just not enjoying this update so far

First race of the day and a win 🏆 1 more and I'm back to DR A .

Edit: I am just completely baffled about the penalty system in this game 🤬 Last race and on lap 1 I picked up the usual first lap Eau Rouge penalty, I stuck to the left hand side of the track to give the guy next to me preference for the chicane at the end of the kemmel straight as I knew there was no point defending when he was already halfway alongside me. He went in too hot and went over the kerb and came back on 90 degrees across me in a split second and I get a 4 second penalty....WTF like 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ not a hope in hell would I have avoided him. Anyway, that was a total of 5 seconds and back to p13. I recovered to finish 6th
I got one of those on lap 1, turn 1. I was hit from behind at the start and pushed into someone pretty hard and I got a 4 second.

I give up, the day started so well and it just went downhill rapidly. Started the day on the brink of A/S and now I'm B/C 🤬🤬🤬 just a complete **** show with getting rammed off the track by lunatics in their new super fast Supra's. I retaliated once in my very last race and turned off the console and went for a walk. Just dejected after trying so hard for the last few days 😪. Anyway, stupidly I signed up for the exhibition series tomorrow at Autopolis which I am not great at and even more stupidly I signed with Aston Martin 🤣🤣. Will go and play with my vintage bike project in the shed for a couple of hours and then try and do some practice laps for it. I don't hold out much hope for my chances 😆😆

I give up, the day started so well and it just went downhill rapidly. Started the day on the brink of A/S and now I'm B/C 🤬🤬🤬 just a complete **** show with getting rammed off the track by lunatics in their new super fast Supra's. I retaliated once in my very last race and turned off the console and went for a walk. Just dejected after trying so hard for the last few days 😪. Anyway, stupidly I signed up for the exhibition series tomorrow at Autopolis which I am not great at and even more stupidly I signed with Aston Martin 🤣🤣. Will go and play with my vintage bike project in the shed for a couple of hours and then try and do some practice laps for it. I don't hold out much hope for my chances 😆😆
It could be worse - I’m driving a Beetle tomorrow :guilty:

I got one of those on lap 1, turn 1. I was hit from behind at the start and pushed into someone pretty hard and I got a 4 second.
It's infuriating, if I did it deliberately ( which I am ashamed to admit I did do earlier) then so be it, take it on the chin but this was plainly not my fault. I did privately message the guy to explain and to be fair he was sound about it, he ended up far worse off than I did by the end

I'm in the post update, post BoP flatter beetle....what's that song?

Oh yeah, Murder on the dance floor 🤣
It could be worse - I’m driving a Beetle tomorrow :guilty:
What time do you intend to pick to race??? Asking for a friend 🤔😅😅

What time do you intend to pick to race??? Asking for a friend 🤔😅😅
On my UK alt I'll do a couple of the morning races to get the lay of the land as it's GT2 and ideally I'll just do the first GT1 slot at 3 on my main account....if that doesn't go well which I suspect it won't I'll do the 5pm with the aim to just finish.

Been doing some Gr.2 testing using the last Gr.2 daily (Fuji, 12 laps, RS x6) to get a feel for the new BoP.

In general, the GT-One and CLK have been turbo killed - I was consistently 2 seconds a lap faster in the 2016 cars or the RS5. However, they still have their big tyre wear advantage; they can get to lap 8 whereas the FRs could do about 5.5 and then forcing the last half of laps 6 and 12 for a one-stop was a struggle. The NSX could do 6 but wouldn't be able to do 7.

So the only time you'd use the 1990s cars is if there's some crazy tyre wear race on the softs where the Group One cars have to two-stop, but in that race you absolutely would use one of them. The 2016 cars and the RS5 seem pretty well matched - there will be tracks where the NSX is either meta or nowhere due to being MR, but otherwise I don't think there's too much difference between the 4.

I am just completely baffled about the penalty system in this game

Me too! I got rear-ended at the second right hand turn, before the back straight at Road Atlanta, and was given a 3 second penalty for it ☹️

Trying out Road Atlanta in QT for the first time, Jesus's it's a hard nut to crack... I don't think I like it at all 🤣🤣 will give it another hour. I'm stuck at 1:26 in the Vantage, tried the 650 but I couldn't get on with that at all. Might give the 458 a go as I like that on other tracks. Must watch a track guide and see can I improve my dismal times

G70 has won all but one race I've been in today - tried it myself and knocked 1 second off my Vantage QT!

I talk defensive driving and better track position in general when I'm not being cute or funny or opinionated

Here is what I think a lot of people could learn especially in the lower splits about awareness and holding a position fairly (this time there was contact and nope, not loosing sleep over it)

It's on chase cam rather than what I play which is bumper cam or cockpit sometimes.

What you are going to see is the pole sitter late brake and make the apex, this is not a dove bomb. You will see someone try to follow him through. That most certainly is a dive bomb. One is calculated and made the apex, the other was a "lean on some one chancer"

You'll also see me get a run on the guy in front but see them coming in the mirror and keep a wide berth for safety.

I do make contact with the chancer and held my ground deliberately as my car was physically their in the space he turned in to.

The aim was to cover the inside apex, chancer tried to drive like their was nobody their.

I think this is one of the decision making issues some people have, they see a gap opened by somebody else and try to force it. The problem is that it was a poor opportunity for the second car, the same as it would have been a poor choice for me to try to go up the inside.

People don't think sometimes and that is something which is called race craft. Over taking like that is just racing.

Edit:

TL:DR

Put yourself in the stronger position, don't be the guy late braking in to people on the outside. Focus on being in the best track position not weaving or moving just on covering and exits

Last edited:
Me too! I got rear-ended at the second right hand turn, before the back straight at Road Atlanta, and was given a 3 second penalty for it ☹️

G70 has won all but one race I've been in today - tried it myself and knocked 1 second off my Vantage QT!
Been in the G70 pretty much all week & it can hold its own even after the physics changes.

Though I can't get close to my pre patch lap time anymore but that's the same for anyone who isn't an alien, I think.

Though I can't get close to my pre patch lap time anymore but that's the same for anyone who isn't an alien, I think.
I didn't get pre patch laps but there is no way people at the sharp end are improving laps over pre patch alien times.

And if they are it's a handful of aliens. You just can't abuse the curbs like you could

I talk defensive driving and better track position in general when I'm not being cute or funny or opinionated

Here is what I think a lot of people could learn especially in the lower splits about awareness and holding a position fairly (this time there was contact and nope, not loosing sleep over it)

It's on chase cam rather than what I play which is bumper cam or cockpit sometimes.

What you are going to see is the pole sitter late brake and make the apex, this is not a dove bomb. You will see someone try to follow him through. That most certainly is a dive bomb. One is calculated and made the apex, the other was a "lean on some one chancer"

You'll also see me get a run on the guy in front but see them coming in the mirror and keep a wide berth for safety.

I do make contact with the chancer and held my ground deliberately as my car was physically their in the space he turned in to.

The aim was to cover the inside apex, chancer tried to drive like their was nobody their.

I think this is one of the decision making issues some people have, they see a gap opened by somebody else and try to force it. The problem is that it was a poor opportunity for the second car, the same as it would have been a poor choice for me to try to go up the inside.

People don't think sometimes and that is something which is called race craft. Over taking like that is just racing.

Edit:

TL:DR

Put yourself in the stronger position, don't be the guy late braking in to people on the outside. Focus on being in the best track position not weaving or moving just on covering and exits

I’m finding at Spa, when I get passed by a car going that much faster than me, he’s usually not going to be able to make the turn.

I’ve also decided, on lap 1, turn 1 at Spa, I’m going to neither gain or defend my position. Between turn 1 and Les Combes, it seems that most of the cars that pass me, didn’t get there with race craft in mind and are coming up with more in penalties than they are gaining in track position.

Question to the group:
Since the new physics installation, has anyone improved on their pre-upgrade QT?

You Are Who You Are:
6 races at Spa in B lobbies today (9:00-11:00 PST), qualified either 6th or 7th, finished either 6th or 7th in all but the last race, where I got wrecked (collision, not drunk🤪) early.
Overall, my B rating stayed about the same. My racing is improving but, it might be nice to go back to C and at least have a chance at a podium.

Last edited:
I am gonna go out on a limb here....

I don't like the new physics, this is all horses for courses and all that so just my view.

As a wheel user (DD wheel) the update has somewhat changed what I spent months dialing in or at least used to.

Im getting to grips with the traction limits now but the bouncing is annoying as hell.

The way braking is now with the pronounced body roll makes trail braking much more nuanced than before.

The lateral sway is not my cup of tea. Everything seems to have this false inertia, body roll, front end dive etc it's all a bit odd.

It's all learnable and a change and that's fine, it's just not great at the moment for my wheel settings. I'd imagine controller users are gonna make a lot of hay right now

Buckled down at Road Atlanta's Race C to get used to the 1.49 physics, and learn the track in a car I'm comfortable with and enjoy. It took 19 laps to crack the 1:25 barrier, with a 1:24.790 QT. Pretty pleased with that for now. Might try a race or six tomorrow.

On my friend's list, Benjoi is also in an NSX, and 0.565 seconds up on me. Not sure if I have the ultimate pace to match that.

The new BoP's 10kg diet is nice, but now I'm too close to running out of 4th gear quicker through The Esses and after Turn 5 than I'm used to*. Speaking of... the strict penalties for Turn 5 can suck a butt.

*The top global NSX (8th as of this post) is 2.030 seconds clear and shifting up to 5th, I'll try to mirror that on my next batch of QT laps, and see where that gets me. The extra upshift and downshifts felt slower, but they clearly know something I don't.

Behold, my naked HSV tribute qualifying livery:

I'm gonna step away from racing for a while.

When the fun stops, so should you.

Enough is enough for me personally, it's all a bit thirsty in B and A/A+ lobbies and that's not my thing.

Good luck and have fun racers! 🤙 hang loose peeps, and Chaka bras's

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't here for the first half of the week and trying yesterday to set some QT times there is no way I can hit those times with new physics.

I am definitely slower but I also think lap times are in general and that my new slower times are relative to my normal quick times.

Edit: @Roggers for C 1:24.7 in the 650

I'd have been targeting a :23.8 before the update

Don't have a lap before the update
Yeah for sure cars are slower. I like the more realistic handling, it's the braking which annoys me! I have yet to drive (real life) a car, even the crappiest one with a bent chassis, that just goes into a drift when you gently tap the brakes! And yet you have Gr4 and Gr3 care in the game which do it! That is what annoys me.....

Before update, my best with 650S was a 1:24:0 and now best I could do was a 1:24:4 after a lot of practice laps! Closest I came to actually matching my time was with the G70 with a 1:24:3! The stupid thing is that PD did not reset the LB for the dailies so no way in hell can anyone improve against the previous times...

Also, saw some posts with people messing with the brake bias for the G70 - Everyone has their style but for 4WD, I actually leave it at 0 as it behaves how I expect it to, but again, maybe it's just my preference.

Last edited:
Can’t believe I have put in so much effect and time into a game that I hardly play.
For me I’ve playing ACC for the last year and then dipping into GT7 just for some casual single player and GTWS, with the odd Daily Race if it peaks my interest.

So after testing various cars at Spa (not really going for laps more for car handling) and it appears some cars have excellent FFB and brakes, and some have awful FFB and brakes.
Supra under braking didn’t really lock up, but then I jumped into Corvette and I was locking up the wheels far too easily. Audi, Porsche, AMG all felt good, and the Mclaren a bit mixed.

So for braking as I have a mod brake pedal, I thought I’d change the spring holder cup thing to a thicker cup. As it this cup thing is ticker there is less travel in the spring and I can apply more pressure on the load cell. Well this small change made huge change. Knocked off 0.500 seconds in my first lap at Daily C. I’m able to modulate the last 40% of the brakes now so rolling of the brakes is smoother an hardly no locking. Switched back to Corvette and I’m still locking the brakes but not as much. But I found in the GTWS I was also locking the brakes in the corvette so my conclusion is car all behave differently under braking and some lock up really easy.

Gr3 - some cars feel great and 2:20 best I could put in. 2:19 is definitely possible if I could get to grips with the FFB.
Gr4 - these felt amazing and so easy to drive at Road Atlanta. 1:25:0 so far but yet to do a lap with my brake adjustment.
Definitely feel a little better now with the change and I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it. Just a shame PD have seemed to directed there game to more precise driving (which is a good thing, but I do think it will alienate some from the game now) and having more high end equipment. Common theme seems to be of your Fanatec a simple FFB change and it’s all fine, but belt driven wheels your out of luck.

Last edited:
First time running the 1.49 update tonight on daily C.
Went straight in using the Veyron as was the last GR4 I used last week, wow it was bouncing and pitching all over the place.

Moved onto the Vantage which was much more settled but couldn't get a decent time from it.

Next the Huracán and apart from turn 1 where it kept wanting to drift under trail braking it gave a reasonably decent time of 1.23.829.

Will try the G70 tomorrow.

Hey guys, I just returned home, I went to a therapist today, my appointment lasted an hour and a half. If I have some extra time tonight, I'm gonna do several races at Tsukuba and the Spa track, if not, I'll do them over the rest of the weekend period. What a shame, I was busy plus I was so tired I haven't even tried the new update yet.

@Tazzy-91 I'm not a fan of the Astin Martin Group 3 and 4 cars. It doesn't turn the way I want it to, plus it's kind of slow.

@newmedia_dev have a good evening mate, yeah when I feel the races are too much for me, I'm stopping. That's what my therapist said to do. I told her how much time I spend on the Playstation and she said I need to curb it on a daily basis.

I have no idea why I didn't get a Clean Race Bonus as no collisions, no off-track adventures or penalties at all... Either way, super happy with the result 😁 +7 positions gained!

Genuine overtakes, clean and close racing for about 9 laps with dude behind me - overall, ended the evening with a smile!

1722038398543.jpeg
1722038407968.jpeg

1722038422119.jpeg

Last edited:
I have no idea why I didn't get a Clean Race Bonus as no collisions, no off-track adventures or penalties at all... Either way, super happy with the result 😁 +7 positions gained!

Genuine overtakes, clean and close racing for about 9 laps with dude behind me - overall, ended the evening with a smile!

View attachment 1375893 View attachment 1375894
View attachment 1375895
Nice, I try to finish 5-6 races in a row finishing in 3rd-6th place, but with the mixed lobbies and stuff, that doesn't always happen for me. I'm at the bottom of a Rank D, so that indicates that 50-60% of the time I'll finish worse than 7-8th place. It's not good when others take away my hard-earned DR/SR. I'm not being consistent on my part, so I gotta change something. I have to curb my time on the console/game.

Back