GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,238 comments
I ran two solid laps at SSRX and clocked a 4'26.544. It got me a rank of 637 which is the best rank I've gotten in a long time. The question is, how long will it last? I'm less than 2 seconds off the top time so I should be able to get some pole times with this for now. I don't want to rush and overdo it. I'm excited about Barcelona this week. I may even try my hand at Watkins Glen, 15 laps won't be too bad.

Yeah, ditch Vodafone. The number of complaints about Vodafone in Europe throttling connections, and especially P2P (as used in Daily Races), is absurd.
Yes, I heard about that. But I've got no other option at the moment. The cable network is the only broadband connection available here. I'm in Germany, which is developing into a third world country. 😬

Last edited:
Holy **** I won one :lol:

1724066939578.png

Aventador in second at +0.005s, another RX-7 in third at +0.043s :eek:

Well, well...

Last week, I decided to take the 4C in Gr4 for the foreseeable future, because it drives very nicely after the physics update and looks good as an underdog between a bunch of Lambos and Hondas. I'm an Alfa driver in real life, so, yeah...

And now it's the meta in race C and everybody uses it. 🤬🤪 Damn...
Agree my go to car both in Gr4 and Gr3, but you atleast wont see anyone but the brave using it at Trial Mountain as under the new physics it still takes off like a rocket on the second corner there as you go over the brow of the hill.

I wish I had dedicated more time to Race C, as the A/A+ lobbies I was part of were mostly clean with very competitive driving. A race like this is a perfect length for a "Daily D".

I have not raced for a few months so maybe my memory is wrong, but I don't recall the bumps in Fuchsrohre and Pflanzgarten feeling so intense through my wheel. I assume the physics update is responsible for this. Pflanzgarten is so rough it almost feels like I'm just steering in the right direction and hoping for the best. This is in the Corvette, not sure what other Gr.3 cars feel like in these sections.

Budheima's win at Prague got me inspired to utilize the 458 GT3 for this week's Race B and I'm kind of surprised to see how it holds up.

But before that I did some quali sessions with the Huracan GT3 then in races I use either the Huracan or the 458 GT3. Managed to clock in a time of 1:40.7 for today.

First session - Started P2 and in this one I played the waiting game until the pole sitter made a mistake on the last corner at the end of lap 3 and because of that he got a .5 sec time penalty and I was able to take advantage as a result. From there I got my first win of the week on Race B.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240819164205.png

Second session - Got pole on this race. I switched to the 458 GT3 next and this is where I was kind of surprised to see how the 458 GT3 drives around Catalunya. From here I think I may main said car for the rest of the week. Was able to get the win and I like how the top 5 is varied in terms of Gr.3s.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240819172222.png

Third session - Pole once more and at the start the P2 in the Huracan GT3 looked like he was afk as he caused a fracas at the start and it became a Ferrari 1-2 from here.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240819174219.png

What's it going to take to get a daily race D like this going permanently? Now seems the time to get everyone who's loved last weeks race C to pool together and get the message to Sony/PD.

Personally I'd like to see a constantly rotating schedule of classic races like this. Imagine this schedule of 1hr races rotating, you just need to pick the times the races you want are coming up and join in.

Nurburging Endurance: GR3/RA272
Le Mans: GR1/GR2/GR3/GR4
Spa: GR3/GR1/RA272/MP4/F1500T/Super Formula
Brands Hatch: RA272
Monza: RA272/MP4/F1500T/Super Formula
Blue Moon speedway: Super Formula
Daytona: Closest to NASCAR, GR2?
Goodwood: BoP selected cars for 50's & 60's races
Mount Panarama: GR3/GR4
etc etc etc....

I ran two solid laps at SSRX and clocked a 4'26.544. It got me a rank of 637 which is the best rank I've gotten in a long time. The question is, how long will it last? I'm less than 2 seconds off the top time so I should be able to get some pole times with this for now. I don't want to rush and overdo it. I'm excited about Barcelona this week. I may even try my hand at Watkins Glen, 15 laps won't be too bad.
Well, if race A is the same as the last couple of times we've had that combo, qualifying is just for fun or bragging rights.
Due to the slipstream and nitrous, you're almost better off starting mid-pack.

Well, if race A is the same as the last couple of times we've had that combo, qualifying is just for fun or bragging rights.
Due to the slipstream and nitrous, you're almost better off starting mid-pack.
I'm glad you told me, well then I'm not bothering trying to improve my time anymore then. I started mid-pack and still finished 7th in my initial race and then finished 7th in my second race. Oh well, what can I do? Nice job on the win Famine, how often do you get them?

@MetalApe good luck trying to get PD to do anything special like that. The same three themed races each week is boring, there needs to be a D and an E added, at least we would have five races/tracks to choose from and race at. But I'm not gonna beg PD to do that because I'd be wasting my time.

Last edited:
Holy **** I won one :lol:

View attachment 1382239

Aventador in second at +0.005s, another RX-7 in third at +0.043s :eek:
Great stuff!

I managed a win too - first time I've ever managed it in one of these races, I usually get swamped on the final turn. This time I ran away from everybody else - looked like they'd all used up their nitro.

Then switched to race C - couldn't get on with the 4C or the Huracan, too loose at the back for me! Tried the G70 and my QT put me on pole for the first race - flag to flag win in that one.

Second race I was P4 on the grid, finished P2 behind another G70 🙂

Nice job on the win Famine, how often do you get them?
Rarely, but then I rarely do Daily Races either. My stats say 110 races, six wins and 40 top fives.

This one's a relative coin-toss but I usually end top-five in it unless something goes awry just due to staying out of trouble and saving three-quarters of my nitrous for the final half of the final turn.

Both RX-7s are rapid on nitrous, so it's just a case of sticking with the Mercedes and Chiron in the slipstream or bumpdrafting, then nitrous at the end.

I know I shouldn't but the temptation is too much 😂 TRIPLE KILL!

It wasn't a 4 car race, there was a incident earlier and I had to use quarter of the boost to get back into the lead group. There were some rather angry people in the chat from that one 😳

Lol, thanks. That made my day. Durn, they got pummeled by the pit lane! I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. They were either drunk or not paying attention to where they're going. Here is my recent status if anyone wants to see. Wow, only 5 wins out of about 1,180 races. That's not good but what can I do if most people drive faster than me. I have more pole positions in gt7 than I did in GTS.

1724082735059.png

Last edited:
Lol, thanks. That made my day. Durn, they got pummeled by the pit lane! I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. They were either drunk or not paying attention to where they're going. Here is my recent status if anyone wants to see, (in spoiler).

View attachment 1382277
I think people playing with bumper cam can't see past the car ahead so they get lured in 🙈

I always look at my weekly schedule to determine which race I can allot time to. A completely free week gets race C. This weeks calendar is full, with no more than a day and a half to race, so I’ve decided my “filler” is now Nurburgring Nordschleife.

About all I memorized last week were the 5 or 6 spots that immediately kill me, now I would like to improve on entry and exit to the remaining 157 turns 😵‍💫.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree guys, I think it is going to be a fantastic week, I'm glad there's no more tuned events with PP restrictions. That Jimny one-make race at Alsace Village was by far the worst ever. And then people should swap the engines too making it an unfair advantage for the beginners/lower skilled players.

Last edited:
The usual race guide for you all! I think they need to change the cars for Race A now in my opinion. Love Race C still, think it's a great race that can be improved on but definitely good racing to be had!

Well I shall be absent from this weeks races, I like to pick and choose the races I am good at and have a decent and fair shot of getting a podium...

I'm going to spend my week at my "home" track of Watkins Glen. I started in the Huracan, but the back end kicks out on my constantly entering the bus stop. It's most likely a me problem and I'm not taking any chances. I then tried the Alfa 4C and had a heck of a time making a decent lap. I discovered that my preferred technique of going all the way to the wall then gradually moving back the racing line on the final turn now results in a penalty if you cross the white line entirely. Was that a thing before? I'm glad I found that out.

Anyway, I tried the Genesis G70 and that didn't work out for me. For now, I'm in the Hyundai Genesis Gr.4 and it seems to be working for me. Nice and stable through the Bus Stop. I just need to learn when and how to push the car and I should have a decent time. I'm also open for suggestions on other cars top use at the Glen this week.

I did 2 meme races and got sideswiped on the first one and fell off the pace. The second one I timed correctly and snagged a win after some careful maneuvering from the back of the pack. I think it's my 3rd meme race win overall since the game launched so I got that going for me.

Back