GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,238 comments
When I get a disconnect, it shows error ce-210315. Does anybody know what that is? Is it my local console or the remote servers?
I just got this error message too when I was doing an A race with the Samba Bus. I was on Lap 2 trying to pass a couple drivers and all of a sudden the connection disconnected. That irks the crap out of me sometimes. What's the point of doing online races if the wi-fi is gonna go in and out half the time. Annoying as hell.

I just got this error message too when I was doing an A race with the Samba Bus. I was on Lap 2 trying to pass a couple drivers and all of a sudden the connection disconnected. That irks the crap out of me sometimes. What's the point of doing online races if the wi-fi is gonna go in and out half the time. Annoying as hell.
I'm not even on wifi, I'm on a wired connection, but it is starlink which has some obstructions due to tall trees. But I've never experienced this many disconnects: 6 races in the past two days and 5 disconnects. At least on my alt account I don't have to worry about losing DR; I don't have any DR left after a series of 3 disconnects and 1 timeout!

the wi-fi
Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi

I'm not even on wifi, I'm on a wired connection, but it is starlink which has some obstructions due to tall trees. But I've never experienced this many disconnects: 6 races in the past two days and 5 disconnects. At least on my alt account I don't have to worry about losing DR; I don't have any DR left after a series of 3 disconnects and 1 timeout!
Yeah, well after that last disconnect my DR sunk down to a low D, but I don't care anymore. Having fun is better than trying to be better than most people. There's no way I can fight with the aliens, they'd kick my ass in no time in a championship race. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow to do the BMB races. Durn, I wanted to do 4-5 races tonight, but oh well.

That's not really a wired connections, it's wired to the router but it's a HUGE WiFi connection getting to the router.

The problem with satallite internet is the latency can be big and it fluctuates and that either de-syncs you with the game and/or it triggers the games anti cheat stuff.

One thing I will say is that unstable connections affect everyone's experience. For the player they get loads of delay and for the rest of the lobby they end up with a lower connection quality and cars teleporting everywhere.

If you can I'd definitely check what the jitter rate is like along with ping for satellite BB over an extended time > 30 mins and see if/how much it fluctuates

That's not really a wired connections, it's wired to the router but it's a HUGE WiFi connection getting to the router.

The problem with satallite internet is the latency can be big and it fluctuates and that either de-syncs you with the game and/or it triggers the games anti cheat stuff.

One thing I will say is that unstable connections affect everyone's experience. For the player they get loads of delay and for the rest of the lobby they end up with a lower connection quality and cars teleporting everywhere.

If you can I'd definitely check what the jitter rate is like along with ping for satellite BB over an extended time > 30 mins and see if/how much it fluctuates
Seems reasonable. I've been off-grid and using Starlink for about a year now and have never had so many disconnects. Probably more in the past few days than in the previous year. The sun is at or near peak activity for the current cycle. Maybe that's contributing to the issue.

Seems reasonable. I've been off-grid and using Starlink for about a year now and have never had so many disconnects. Probably more in the past few days than in the previous year. The sun is at or near peak activity for the current cycle. Maybe that's contributing to the issue.
Yeah weather can affect the signal especially rain or high atmospheric moisture levels.

I just tried race C for the first time, this week.
It was rough. :indiff:
The race started off dry, but the radar was showing rain very close. Every stopped for rain tires after lap 1, and during lap 2 it did get pretty wet. By the time I started lap 3, the water on track was consistently above the white bar and into the blue. It stayed that way throughout laps 4 and 5. On lap 6 it got quite a bit better, but was still wet.
And that's when I really started to crash a lot. There was an obvious dry path, where the car performed pretty well.
When I slipped up and out of the dry line, I was just out of control.

I ended up 10th. I'm sure I had to use reverse at least 4 or 5 times. :lol:

The race started off dry, but the radar was showing rain very close. Every stopped for rain tires after lap 1, and during lap 2 it did get pretty wet. By the time I started lap 3, the water on track was consistently above the white bar and into the blue. It stayed that way throughout laps 4 and 5. On lap 6 it got quite a bit better, but was still wet.
And that's when I really started to crash a lot. There was an obvious dry path, where the car performed pretty well.

Well the good thing is you did not finish dead last. That rain is dangerous at times and can ruin a driver's race if they get too hasty and press hard on the throttle.

Spent so much time this week on the Nordschleife it's crazy. Slept only around 4-5 hours each day to do more races.

Did daily race C at least 30 times over the week. Tried so many different cars and had a absolute blast. Won some races which I should not have won and screwed up races I should have won.
The cars i enjoyed most were weirdly the Beetle and the McLaren and after many tries I still can't be fast in the Supra no matter what I do 😅
Think I'll do one more race..The last one just for ***** and giggles. Thinking about a JTCC car or the Skyline SS for maximum craziness 😂

I really hope that PD gives us more of these races. Dynamic weather and a race lengh of about an hour is perfect.

Didn't get a wet race again today - that's full dry races every day this week! Every time I watch one of the streamers on YouTube they seem to get a wet race.....

Started P9 today, the highest of those without a QT, ran non-stop to the end and finished P5.

Tried a few Race As this week too - kept starting P1 or P2 on the grid. Seems to be the worst place to start, as those further back get more momentum down the hill from the start, and hence have more speed up the hill to turn 2. I think I ended up P5 or 6 by turn 2 in every race 🫤

I threw together my highlights from the Nurburgring as usual, in the rain this race has been epic unfortunately that has only been around half the races, in the dry it's pretty dull with the fastest strategy being 0 stops and trying to save enough fuel. The dry also exposes some handling issues with the last update and cars bouncing really badly:

Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi
I know it shouldn't but my console runs a lot better on Wifi than ethernet, I think the port on the back is a bit loose so I kept getting random disconnects (possibly something to do with heat on the back of the console), since I switched to Wifi I've had none and no more lag than usual.

Let's talk about this WiFi myth....

10 years ago signals and hardware were poor. Consoles had poor chips in them.

WiFi is a problem in some setups but for the majority of modern households it's much less of a thing.

IMG_1004.png

For example fibre to the house connection wired is about 500mbps and my WiFi is a 150mbps with minimal ping and zero jitter.

WiFi is not the culprit but over subscribed exchanges and overloading the router is more of the problem....

Let's talk about this WiFi myth....

10 years ago signals and hardware were poor. Consoles had poor chips in them.

WiFi is a problem in some setups but for the majority of modern households it's much less of a thing.

View attachment 1382129

For example fibre to the house connection wired is about 500mbps and my WiFi is a 150mbps with minimal ping and zero jitter.

WiFi is not the culprit but over subscribed exchanges and overloading the router is more of the problem....
All true. As long as all the equipment is using modern Wifi protocols. Wifi has the added con of local signal interference, especially if the signal is weak. I've got a 1900w microwave that, before I got a new router, would kick the Chromecast in my living room right to the curb. And it's not even in line with the path the wireless signal would take to get from the Chromecast to the router.

Jitter and dropped packets can affect wired and wifi at any time.

All true. As long as all the equipment is using modern Wifi protocols. Wifi has the added con of local signal interference, especially if the signal is weak. I've got a 1900w microwave that, before I got a new router, would kick the Chromecast in my living room right to the curb. And it's not even in line with the path the wireless signal would take to get from the Chromecast to the router.

Jitter and dropped packets can affect wired and wifi at any time.
Yes agreed, but most people if they can help it don't have ovens or magnetrons in the way of the WiFi.

But I take you me point but most stable WiFi is more than adequate. Not optimum but better than being really really far away in a P2P game and having generally poor internet infrastructure.

It's why with good WiFi I race with green bars in the NA servers, but even in Europe if one person is doing it on McDonald's WiFi/4g the whole lobby feels it.

Woah. I think you need to see someone about your addiction.

I too loved the race but honestly, 5 was enough. It wiped me out.
Maybe a bit too much in total (33 at the end) but I just love the Ring and in combination with the weather and race lengh it was perfect.

Did one race in the Skyline SS and I ended that race in P5 💪 out of 5 remaining 😂😂

I loved this week's Race C, never qualified to get spot close to front so I can gain DR from the DNFs.
Today's race was a big surprise for me because I do not look to see where I am in standings I just race my track and not worry about the place. Well I was shocked when in the last minutes of lap 6 I was passed and I saw above the car that passed me he is now in P1 and it hit me I had been in the lead for I don't know how long and never thought I would get there starting from last place (P14)
I do not mind at all that I got P2 but I had forgotten to grab screenshot of the P2 award screen.
Below are few pics from my race...
19168fcfb1c73-dcc18152E266106780F.315B375F96579043_message_441354824229189_1724042282145.jpg
19168feedfd30-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441354961369471_1724042817849.jpg
19168ff23ba82-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441354970272733_1724042852627.jpg
19168ff4b7719-10177746eba4528e4c85207fe61d0c8b37c22f9e-999_message_441354982754947_1724042901386.jpg

Well folks, get ready for the action this week. SSRX and Barcelona it is for me. I did not compete in any C races this week of August 11, 2024.

I don't know what cars PD selected this time , but I hope it matches the track combo. I lost the flavor in the Samba bus races. Last night at 5pm was my last one. It got boring which I already knew it would be. Driving a slow sluggish car during multiple races in a row gets old. Thank you God the races switch over in a little while.

Last edited:
I had some great races in the Porsche but I couldn't improve my Q time enough to keep myself near the front. So for the last day of this set of daily events I jumped into the Lambo. My first attempt at qualifying improved my time by a tenth of a second. So I entered my first race to see what would happen.

That RACE C was really something special and i look forward to the next time it's featured, but at the same time, half the available races is the con. I usually play whenever i have the time, and this week it wasn't always on the hour. But they 2 races i did were fun and tough.. then i found this, and Mikail is really showing the masterclass of how to race on this track, he changes fuelmix as often as he changes gears.... enjoy

As expected B at Catalunya is Gr3, C at Watkins Glen Short is Gr4. Don’t recall racing that layout much in dailies other than a tuning event, so will probably do more of that one.

Here's my most entertaining race in over 50 attempts at previous weeks of what is the new Race A.

It looks like the Mercedes and Pagani are the best again and for some reason it is still just one lap but at least it's at night now I guess.

Maybe a bit too much in total (33 at the end) but I just love the Ring and in combination with the weather and race lengh it was perfect.

Did one race in the Skyline SS and I ended that race in P5 💪 out of 5 remaining 😂😂
I only managed a feeble 17 races over the week. I must finally be getting the hang of it with a pair of 5th places in the final two races this morning. Started off with the M6 Sprint edition, did a couple in the Alfa, before settling in to race my Jagermeister Porsche for the last half the races.

Nürburgring Endurance__1.jpeg

n%C3%BCrburgring-endurance_-jpeg.1382201

Attachments

• Nürburgring Endurance_.jpeg
    Nürburgring Endurance_.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Nürburgring Endurance__1.jpeg
    Nürburgring Endurance__1.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2
Yes agreed, but most people if they can help it don't have ovens or magnetrons in the way of the WiFi.

But I take you me point but most stable WiFi is more than adequate. Not optimum but better than being really really far away in a P2P game and having generally poor internet infrastructure.

It's why with good WiFi I race with green bars in the NA servers, but even in Europe if one person is doing it on McDonald's WiFi/4g the whole lobby feels it.
Yup.

And sometimes someone has connection issues no matter what. Like, let's see... me. 😬

I've got a 1000 MBit account over cable TV network (Vodafone), which usually provides around 800 mbit, which isn't too bad, LAN connection (which is good, an electrician checked it). The router has been swapped for a new one, but no difference. Testing the connection via the menu in GT7 sport mode, the spider graph usually looks fine, and ping is okay, too.

Whe I go into a daily race, it always shows 5 green bars, like with almost all other drivers. But at some moment before the race starts, the gauge falls to one measly red dot. Mostly while the game shows the pre-race grid screens, sometimes a bit later while the cars are shown running slowly before the lights go green. But it happens in: Every. Single. Race. On the other hand: I've never had a disconnect.

After the race, the spider graph looks usually bad (red), and I have to restart the LAN connection in the PS5 menu to get it "green" again. ???😐???

I've done all the optimizations recommended here in the GTP forum (static IP adresses and stuff), and I also did what forum friend @RacinLei had recommended for the MTU settings a year ago (which had helped for a week or two, but then stopped working).

I just tried to ignore that lately, as I didn't recognize any problems during the races. So I don't know if I'm lagging or causing any problems for the other drivers. And somehow I've managed not to meet anyone of you forum friends in a race, whom I could have asked about it afterwards.

Honestly, that eats away some of my confidence in the races. I always have the feeling that the other drivers are thinking: "look, there's the guy with the lousy connection, who will ruin my race" (which they aren't, of course, but... 🤪).

Any ideas?

I'm qualifying now at SSRX. The hard thing about getting a win here is the track is wide so people can zip by me, I remember getting a bunch of pole times but when I raced the first 30 seconds most everyone zipped by me, it was disappointing everytime because why go through the work of setting a pole time and then everyone overtakes you in the long run.

I like the twilight setting because it sets the theme of the race. I also love the wide variety of supercars we can choose from, that's what we need in a daily race almost everytime. Don't you guys think so?

Back