GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,237 comments
What a lucky combination: this week i can dedicate some additional time to gt7 and race B looks quite a good one.

I'm having some podiums, also a lucky win
1915bb7905d18-screenshotUrl.jpg

That lead me to my very first b rating

1915bb7d2a946-screenshotUrl.jpg

What a sad ending for me…
I won’t have time on the weekend so I tried to get a few more daily C in before, praying for rain (that’s when the Renault does well)

1st race - dry, non-stop 4th
2nd race - dry, 1 stop, 8th
3rd race - dry, technical issues with my rig I quit at the rolling start -5% DR
4th race - extra staying up another hour since I had issues before just to get another dry race, non-stop 8th

I don’t enjoy the non-stop that much, it is just not as much fun being slower than half the grid but I assume it is the better strategy. No more wet race for me unfortunately, 4 dry races in a row… probably I have to wait 3-6 months until PD does it again!

Decided to change up my car choice and grabbed the Porsche. I found it to be a consistent car and I know it can be faster. This is going to be my main drive for the rest of the week.

Best result I've ever gotten in a daily race I think! I started 14th and didn't spin out once which I was absolutely expecting to do.View attachment 1381652
Wow, stunning results captain!! I'll never get a lap under 8 minutes at Green Hell. I mean a miracle would have to happen first. Meaning that I'm relatively quick in all sectors of the long course. Honestly, I don't see that happening in ages/years from now. I need way more practice than anticipated.

I did 2 more Race B's last night, not too horrible.

• Race 1: Started in P9 and finished in P6
  • Race 2: (Same qualy time as above of 1:11:876 but in a stronger lobby) Started in P11 and finished in P5

Lost some SR because I got crashed into lol but could be worse. Fiddled with the wheel and in-game settings again this afternoon, as well as set the BB to just +1 instead of +4 and started to see some results. Only did 4 laps but looks promising.. 😊

I think shaving off another 0.05 would get me started closer to the top 5, which would give me a chance at a podium.. When I am not battling to overtake or defend, average lap time is about 1:12:3 - which isn't bad for the race, considering the fastest lap in my lobbies are just a tenth quicker.

Though I would rather find exactly 0.075 more in my lap time, as for some reason, that number resonates with me... Ahem @Nebuc72 😉😂

1723894284623.jpeg
1723894292570.jpeg

Last edited:
I owe this guy a beer, no make it a Jägerbomb, in fact I think we should call this manouver the Jägerbomb. Unlike a dive bomb that you don't want, a Jägerbomb is something you do want. I was glad to see he survived okay, I'm extra grateful for the helping hand as it enabled me to finish 3rd getting my first podium of the week, and reach 50% A-DR for the first time ever.

From another angle

A50.png

Redemption!

Just got my first podium at Blue Moon and I REALLY did NOT expect it! I started in P6 and was a bit nervous, enough to allow P7 behind to pass me within seconds of the start, although possibly in a slightly naughty way lol.

I fell another place behind after losing momentum and ended lap 1 in P8. However, the race was just starting as it seemed quite a lot of drivers in front didn't care too much about manners. I think a few other people connection was also slow as cars did skip about at some points.

I was surprised a few times by this, as cars suddenly slowed down to a halt right in front of me, leading to a few minor touches. Of course, they can touch you but if you ever so slightly tap them, they try to kill you lol! Thankfully, it worked out my way 😅

I did make a mistake at the end of lap 5 (same corner as above) and tapped the dude, so I went wide to let him by on the next turn (to end Sector 2) and he tried to run me into the grass instead! 🥸

The final lap also had some crazy moments, I went past 3 cars in 2 corners (millimetres from being hit whilst doing so) and I jumped from P5 to P2 and finished the race on the podium! 🥳😎😁

1723909159842.jpeg
1723909179118.jpeg

1723909171991.jpeg

I didn't fancy racing last night so decided to take a plunge into some hardcore time-trialling at Blue Moon instead.

After pushing the Porsche as far as I could, I learnt how to actually drive the circuit and switched to the overwhelmingly favourited Huracán.

It was quite a lesson. I really got into the zone, learning a lot about the relationship between brake application and rotation, and the only thing keeping me from matching my GTP peers times was consistency. I felt like everything was in slow motion as I applied as much care into my left hand braking as I usually do with my right when accelerating.

Fun times.

I guess I need to get back to work at BMB and Green Hell, I've got 35-36 hours left until the races switchover. I'm mad that my video/lap would not upload to Youtube, idk if it was a glitch or what, but now I'm gonna have to record it again.

@newmedia_dev OMG, crash mania, lol! Durn, that was scary looking.

They must have been tired or drunk. Those guys just threw away their 1st/2nd place wins and Glen was like,

"SO LONG SUCKERS, haha!!"
I would love to have a race moment like that where I can look back on. I'm sure @GrumpyOldMan had some back from 2022/2023.

Last edited:
I will really miss this week. It made me fall in love with the game again. This summer, I stopped playing for 2 months (my longest hiatus) and went travelling around Europe with my wife and kids. Once the new physics update dropped
(ironically on my Birthday), it peeked my interest again. One bit of advice I'd give PD is to give us a daily race D, (endurance format). Utilise dynamic weather and time progression. Longer races means more patient drivers and cleaner racing. The sprint format encourages dirty/impatient drivers. Make Daily D 20 car grids, and I guarantee it will revolutionise the game in a positive way. That's my 2 cents. I think I'll get a few more races at daily C in before Monday. Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys!

And this is how I won in the NSX again on my main account not that it matters is all the accounts are tough now.

"and they just parted like the Red Sea"

20 seconds for us all to go "yup I've been there throwing it away for those 2 peeps"

Edit correct video

I'm gonna need to see that incident from their POV, Glen!

I will really miss this week. It made me fall in love with the game again. This summer, I stopped playing for 2 months (my longest hiatus) and went travelling around Europe with my wife and kids. Once the new physics update dropped
(ironically on my Birthday), it peeked my interest again. One bit of advice I'd give PD is to give us a daily race D, (endurance format). Utilise dynamic weather and time progression. Longer races means more patient drivers and cleaner racing. The sprint format encourages dirty/impatient drivers. Make Daily D 20 car grids, and I guarantee it will revolutionise the game in a positive way. That's my 2 cents. I think I'll get a few more races at daily C in before Monday. Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys!
Totally agree 👍 some people just enjoy the longer races, for me personally I don't really care where I finish but at least I know that I have given 100 % commitment for 40-50 minutes and enjoyed it as opposed to 10 minutes and then waiting for longer for the next race. Truly think PD need to look at this and give people the Race D that the game deserves...anyway, I have a baby coming on Monday ( well the wife does) so no racing for me for the next week 🤣🤣🤣🙈

Last edited:
Totally agree 👍 some people just enjoy the longer races, for me personally I don't really care where I finish but at least I know that I have given 100 % commitment for 40-50 minutes and enjoyed it as opposed to 10 minutes and then waiting for longer for the next race. Truly think PD need to look at this and give people the Race D that the game deserves...anyway, I have a baby coming on Monday ( well the wife does) so no racing for me for the next week 🤣🤣🤣🙈
Congratulations bro! Hope all goes smoothly.

I do love me an almost hour long race in variable weather conditions at the Nurburgring, but I think I'm tapping out for the week. And it's been a good one.

10 races this week was a big commitment for me as my time is pretty limited by work, but could not resist the opportunity and the chance to raise my DR, which I did.

Probably shouldn't have raced last night after a long week and a little under the influence, made a bad tire call, crashed 10 times in one lap, and parked it in the pits for the last 2 laps.

Results for the week:

2, 2, 3, 4 ,7, 2, 3, 10, 8, 11

So yeah, get while the getting is good.

Unless I can't resist the call on Sunday, that is.

*edit to add: all my races were generally clean, just the normal unintentional contact and mistakes on a track that can be cruel, and in 10 races I didn't see the same weather pattern twice, which was cool, but nerve wracking.

Last edited:
Back